PDA

View Full Version : Surveys on Mac computers

gpp2001
07-13-2007, 11:51 AM
This issue has been brought up in the Daily Survey thread but gets lost among all the other posts about surveys - so I thought I'd start a new thread.

I cannot take a survey - I enter all of my info and click on "Start Survey" and it goes nowhere. Just sits.

I have cleared my cookies, cache and history and still nothing. I am using a iMac computer with Safari , OS X and higher.

I have not been able to take a survey since July 6th. I believe I am the third Mac user to report this problem. Anybody else out there with this problem?

icartjetta
07-13-2007, 01:38 PM
I also would like to know the answer to this, I will get my iMac back next week and I hope there is no problem. There has to be some Mac users out there that can let us know!

dizagain
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
OOOHHH...me too!!!!! This started sometime after the 4th. I actually just shot off a trouble ticket and it was suggested that I check around here because maybe someone knows what to do! I hope we get a solution soon because I'm missing my survey $$!!!!!!! Anyone?

mollyeilis
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
Thank you for doing this, good idea!

New Mac, OS X, Safari (and IE for Mac)...put in birthdate, email, race, etc...click "start survey" and...NOTHING.

I'm now using my ancient Windows computer for surveys.

Started on the 6th. I think. Whatever I said in the main surveys thread. :)

goofy08
07-14-2007, 03:31 PM
Try Firefox. I use it on my MacBook and have no problems. The download is here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It's a great browser and far more secure than most others. HTH.

jnorth1007
07-14-2007, 03:34 PM
Is there a contact us function on the Greefield site where one of you could maybe shoot off an email to them and explain the problem and see if it is something that they changed when they did all these revisions last time? Maybe they don't know that their MAC users are having problems and can either fix it or recommend solutions. I would help but I have no idea about MAC computers. Sorry!

mollyeilis
07-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Try Firefox. I use it on my MacBook and have no problems. The download is here:

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

It's a great browser and far more secure than most others. HTH.

Good idea. I keep 'losing' the firefox I downloaded (I love my Mac and am glad to be back with an Apple, but I got it as a lease bonus rather than from the store, so I didn't have anyone really show me the ins and outs of it and where things hide, LOL), and it got frustrating to have to keep downloading it, so I don't think of it.

jnorth, I know the reason I keep talking about it on SR is that, to me, not all that knowledgable in website creation, it seems like I'm still ON sunshine at the point where it doesn't go anywhere. So, to me, it feels like something SR needs to be aware of and deal with (or just tell us to lump it, whatever they choose, LOL). There ARE surveys that don't work in anything but a higher level of IE than I have, and they state it explicitly, so I just get out of those surveys and try again. That, to me, is obviously a Greenfield thing. But when I'm filling out a form that still has SR's page "around" it, it just seems it's Sunshine, not Greenfield, that I need to report it to!

That's MY reasoning, at least. :p

But Im going to try to find Firefox on my computer again, see if that helps later on today.

mollyeilis
07-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Firefox worked beautifully for the survey, THANK YOU.

Wanted to add to my comment above...I know that the URL at the page where the problems occur isn't SR, but since it's sort of launching from SR, it seems like that's where the problem should be reported. :)

But now that I've been reminded of firefox, I shall have no further issues. :) At least until the dang thing disappears again! :sunshine:

dizagain
07-14-2007, 08:19 PM
WOO HOO!!!!! Firefox worked for me, too!!!! Never would have thought to try that. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I got my 80 cents today!:cooldance:

SunshineGirl
07-14-2007, 10:13 PM
Even though it looks like our site, it really isn't. I know it's kind of weird. LOL! It's cobranded. They took our header and footer and colors and put it on their site with their links.

jnorth1007
07-15-2007, 08:31 AM
I would still suggest that one of you guys send an email to Greenfield letting them know about this issue. There weren't any issues with Mac users taking surveys until they reworked their system and since Tricia says it is therr links I think they should be questioned on it. They may be able to fix the problem. It certainly doesn't hurt to try especially since it is something that SR can't fix or help with. Im glad you guys have been able to figure out how to access them. :sunshine2:

icartjetta
07-16-2007, 09:15 PM
O.K. I have my iMac back and even Firefox is not working, it just stalls. How do I get in touch with Greenfield? Anyone tried to do that yet?:confused: :confused: :confused:

mollyeilis
07-16-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, today I haven't gotten a survey (actually I did but it was faulty in its logic (if you've heard of a brand then you must OWN it), and I had NO interest in lying by telling them I own and wear levis, so I left the survey....that's the only one I got into today!

And now, after a few hours of a technical difficulty message (which I think just means there's nothing for me), it's just hanging. So it might not be just you. :)

The last few days I'm just so excited about having a survey to do I totally forget to find an email address, and then I finish a survey and can't go back to snag the email....silly me!