PDA

View Full Version : Itunes and Ebay?

Hedy
05-05-2007, 04:13 PM
How's your luck been with eBay (post that known issue from last Month) and itunes? Neither of these have shown up as pending for me. I am within my two week window, so I'm not stressing yet, but as the other companies I've shopped through SR showed up as pending almost immediately, I'm just curious.

nanja
05-08-2007, 01:14 PM
I have ebay purchases from late march early april none have been credited to me:confused:

SunshineGirl
05-08-2007, 01:27 PM
We're having almost zero luck with ebay. Honestly, my opinion is that they consider themselves so big and important that they do not even have to answer emails from their affiliates. Their tracking was down for a long time and they didn't really act like it was any big deal. Cindy and I have been emailing them for weeks to find out why our sales are not tracking and they haven't returned a single email. I know a lot of sites that are dropping them because of how they are treating affiliate. If I didn't have so many members that were asking for them, I would drop them, too.

iTunes is a different story. I actually see quite a few purchases go through itunes every day. Even my own usually track and I am not that careful to always click through the link. I wonder if it has something to do with how your itunes store launches?

January
05-08-2007, 08:40 PM
That is too bad about ebay. I signed up about a week ago through the link here. Oh, well.

Tricia, I appreciate all your hard work. Thank you!:)

Hedy
05-09-2007, 10:22 AM
We're having almost zero luck with ebay. Honestly, my opinion is that they consider themselves so big and important that they do not even have to answer emails from their affiliates. Their tracking was down for a long time and they didn't really act like it was any big deal. Cindy and I have been emailing them for weeks to find out why our sales are not tracking and they haven't returned a single email. I know a lot of sites that are dropping them because of how they are treating affiliate. If I didn't have so many members that were asking for them, I would drop them, too.

iTunes is a different story. I actually see quite a few purchases go through itunes every day. Even my own usually track and I am not that careful to always click through the link. I wonder if it has something to do with how your itunes store launches?

I'm wondering, because it posted as being a $0 transactions as being pending from iTunes through SR.

SunshineGirl
05-09-2007, 11:05 AM
A $0 transaction. I actually see a lot of those come through for iTunes. I had just assumed that people were downloading free items. Did you maybe apply a gift card?

kimntrent
05-09-2007, 12:08 PM
I am in the same boat with best buy and dicks sporting goods. I haven't seen those come through at all. Best buy was the first of last week but dicks was over a month ago and Tricia filed a claim for that one. My biggest thing is that if you do this to me next time I won't shop with those stores. But ebay is so big they don't care if you shop with them or not.

Kim
________
Extreme vaporizer review (http://extremevaporizer.net/)

Hedy
05-09-2007, 01:57 PM
A $0 transaction. I actually see a lot of those come through for iTunes. I had just assumed that people were downloading free items. Did you maybe apply a gift card?

Paypal?
I've never had any trouble using ******** with them, but who knows.

SunshineGirl
05-09-2007, 02:03 PM
Paypal?
I've never had any trouble using ******** with them, but who knows.

Hmmmm...paypal could be an issue. I think because ******** is so big, they probably track directly with all of the merchants. Same with M*******. For the rest of us, we use a 3rd party that does all of the tracking. It is quite possible that the paypal is messing up the tracking for all of us. I know that it messed up 3 magazine orders recently. And the Google payment screwed up hundreds of orders right before Christmas.

It SHOULD not. But no one would even know that it was messing things up unless websites started disputing their statistics and fighting the merchants. Speaking of which, I actually have a call today with the 3rd party tracking company over the drugstore.com tracking. We may actually get to the bottom of that one.

jnorth1007
05-09-2007, 02:28 PM
I think the itunes problem is that you used paypal. I used my aol wallet to pay for my first downloads with itunes and they didnt credit. Since then I just use my credit card and I have never had a problem with them crediting. I think it has something to do with the third party payment method. Strange because I always use bill me later for shoebuy.com and they credit. Try it without using paypal and see how it works. HTH!

m 'n c
05-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I just tried itunes over the weekend and I had success!! I did redeem 3 free songs from purchasing concert tickets but the other 2 songs I downloaded I used the itunes gift cards that were already in my account and I received 6 cents for them.

Hedy
05-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Is there any point to submitting a nonpayment form for an eBay purchase, or will it just be denied (I have one that's been pending over a month)?

SunshineGirl
05-28-2007, 08:09 PM
I actually just sent them another email because I got a bunch of credits from them today but I noticed that every single one of them was through my OFFERS link and not the SHOPPING link. So I went back through my reports for the last few months and discovered that I have not gotten a single credit for people who clicked on the shopping link, only the offers link. I'm hoping that they will take me seriously now that I can point to them exactly which link is the problem. I'll update this board when I get a response from them on whether they can look up all of the transactions that have come through that link.

I just changed the link on the shopping page to make it identical to the one on the offers page as well and tried to make a test purchase through it. Hopefully by tomorrow morning when my bid goes through, I will have enough "evidence" to get them to deal with this problem.

Hedy
05-28-2007, 09:06 PM
Thanks! :sunshine:

Hedy
05-29-2007, 08:17 PM
Something must be fixed-I submitted an old ebay shop yesterday, and I got credit today! :cooldance: :cooldance:

SunshineGirl
05-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Wonders never cease. LOL!

Alice28
05-29-2007, 11:26 PM
no luck with ebay, darnit.

I bought some stuff at the end of March that I never got credit for (although I don't think I even filed a T.T).

I just bought something for $60 last week and haven't seen it as pending either. Bummer.

Hedy
05-30-2007, 09:35 AM
no luck with ebay, darnit.

I bought some stuff at the end of March that I never got credit for (although I don't think I even filed a T.T).

I just bought something for $60 last week and haven't seen it as pending either. Bummer.

I'd try the TT-one of mine is still pending, but the other credited, so it might be worth it to try. :)