PDA

View Full Version : Loyalty Sites Lose BuyCostumes.com

SunshineGirl
07-13-2007, 11:35 PM
Interesting article came out today. A press release from buycostumes.com. They have kicked some loyalty programs out of their affiliate program for using "reminder" toolbars because they overwrite cookies. A lot of people in the industry are hoping that this is just the start of major companies kicking out bad loyalty sites.

http://www.buyseasons.com/images/pdf/PressRelease-Aff-07-13-07.pdf

I don't know which ones got kicked out, but they say "large corporate affiliate partners".

Win one for the little guys!

sunshinemckenzie
07-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Interesting article came out today. A press release from buycostumes.com. They have kicked some loyalty programs out of their affiliate program for using "reminder" toolbars because they overwrite cookies. A lot of people in the industry are hoping that this is just the start of major companies kicking out bad loyalty sites.

http://www.buyseasons.com/images/pdf/PressRelease-Aff-07-13-07.pdf

I don't know which ones got kicked out, but they say "large corporate affiliate partners".

Win one for the little guys!

Boy, I am sooo glas I just found this, we were just going through buycostumes for our MNSSHP night. Phewwww that was close!

SunshineGirl
07-14-2007, 10:11 PM
It's actually good news for us. There's a MUCH better chance now that if you shop through our link that you will actually get credit. LOL!

sunshinecindy
07-14-2007, 10:33 PM
Just like we've always said....we are one of the more honest incentive sites. We do not use any software thats out there like a lot of other incentive sites do to override cookies OR sent out spam to our members, or sell our members names or link onto for spam or spyware. We run a clean, honest site here, and sooner or later, all those other sites that aren't so reputable will be shunned by the merchants and CPA networks and will have to close down. As you may know, a lot of other sites can pay out much bigger incentives because they make money other ways.....ways that are not above board, but their members do not know.

disneynut
07-15-2007, 06:21 PM
Just like we've always said....we are one of the more honest incentive sites. We do not use any software thats out there like a lot of other incentive sites do to override cookies OR sent out spam to our members, or sell our members names or link onto for spam or spyware. We run a clean, honest site here, and sooner or later, all those other sites that aren't so reputable will be shunned by the merchants and CPA networks and will have to close down. As you may know, a lot of other sites can pay out much bigger incentives because they make money other ways.....ways that are not above board, but their members do not know.

That is why we love it here so much. :hugs:
I honestly respect Sunshine Rewards for not having all that junk. It is the values of a lot of small business owners that have kept them going while the big corporate maneaters sooner or later hurt themselves with their greed. :sunshine:

nicholfamily5
07-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Yeah!! Another win for the good guys!