PDA

View Full Version : Begging: Could you add Southwest Airlines Gift Cards???

sunmagic
07-14-2007, 10:40 AM
:angel: PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE Consider This......

It would be so great for vacation planning if we could cash out in gift cards for Southwest Airlines. They let you apply 4 GCs per reservation. So several smaller ones will easily combine for one ticket.

The air travel is the one thing I've not been able to find a way to use my rewards for....except for cash, and it's too easily spent on *other* things.:p

SW Airlines has the cards on their website:
http://southwest.com/gift_cards/gift_cards.html

:minnie:
Here's the info:

Why give a southwestgiftcard?

Fast, free delivery through e-mail!
(See sample.)
Convenient, even at the last minute
You choose the amount between $10 and $1,000.*
Easy online redemption
No fees and never expires
Variety of delivery options (e-mail, Federal Express Overnight, USPS)
Personalize with your own message to recipient

jnorth1007
07-14-2007, 10:50 AM
Hmmm I might consider flying instead of driving if I could do this :rotfl: Yes I think I would certainly fly.

arob414
07-14-2007, 11:13 AM
We are planning on flying our next trip. Until kids, I always flew, then I got chicken. Has taken 12 yrs for me to get my nerve back up. And, SW gc's would be great!!! :banana:

SunshineGirl
07-14-2007, 11:20 AM
We'll see what we can do with them. Some companies are better than others about getting the cards. Because we do them in bulk, we don't like to buy them individually anymore. It just gets to be a nightmare when it comes to tracking. But I'll have Cindy give them a call and see what kind of options they have.

arob414
07-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Thanks. If it doesn't work out we still have Disney dollars and gc, which fun to have in my hands.

mollyeilis
07-14-2007, 12:28 PM
I know this isn't the same thing, but I heard yesterday (and just confirmed by going through like I was making a reservation) that SW takes paypal now... So there WOULD be a way to use SR earnings to get a SW ticket...just not as fun as a giftcard! :p

sunmagic
07-15-2007, 02:47 AM
Many thanks for looking into it Tricia!!!!!

Soccer Princess
07-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Oh I would LOVE SW gift cards!!! :) They are our airline of choice, so this would work for both Disney and non-Disney trips!

ShanPooh
07-31-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks! Glad ya'll are looking into it :D Southwest has had lots of good deals for us to go to Orlando and San Diego :clap:

llgray16
07-31-2007, 02:35 PM
If she can't get them, you could always get the Walmart gc's and buy SW gc's at Walmart with those. Wlamart has been selling SW gc's for awhile now :)

tink2008
07-31-2007, 03:07 PM
I would use fly rewards! Thanks for looking into that Sunshinegirl

sunmagic
08-18-2007, 09:48 PM
If she can't get them, you could always get the Walmart gc's and buy SW gc's at Walmart with those. Wlamart has been selling SW gc's for awhile now :)

Are you sure that will work? I know at many stores, they won't let you use a gift card to buy a gift card.

But that would be a great idea if it'd work!:cooldance:

sunshinecindy
08-18-2007, 10:27 PM
I've worked high and low to try to deal with them on bulk sales, but they won't do it, so we won't be getting them. Sorry.