PDA

View Full Version : Disney Products

SunshineGirl
07-14-2007, 12:41 PM
We're working on trying out some new things that we learned about at the Summit and would like to get your feedback. We are thinking about featuring specific products on our site rather than just lists of merchants.

What do you think about the following page?

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/disneystuff.php

Are you any more likely to buy the products than when you see these same three merchants listed in our "Disney" section? Are there any products that interest you that you did not know about before? Do you think that you would use pages like this to do your shopping if we put the resources into developing them?

kimntrent
07-14-2007, 12:53 PM
I really like that set up. I can see that I have a ton of those things already.
________
YAMAHA V50 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.yamaha-tech.com/wiki/Yamaha_V50)

svwkirby
07-14-2007, 01:14 PM
I like it! Much easier than browsing the website if you're just kind of looking.

coastalgirl
07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
I like it too! Though I am not a huge shopper I would prefer this rather than going through the sites!

Lydia

jnorth1007
07-14-2007, 02:52 PM
I like that idea for setting up a spotlight category each week or month. I would also like to know if it is possible to put in a search function where if I am looking for a product I can search for it and it will let me know what if any SR merchants sell that product. I would make price shopping alot easier, cut down on having people clicking on the links of similar merchants to check out prices and then maybe not getting credit because of all the cookies and also will let me know right off if I can get it anywhere on SR. An example would be like the other day when I said I was looking for Bare Minerals make-up. I would have to search all of the merchants to see if they carry it. If there were a search function for that it would have popped up Sephora and any other place that might carry it. The category idea is great because it will help me find things I didn't know I needed :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
07-14-2007, 03:27 PM
I swear Janet, we are going to have to change your title to make you an official member of the Sunshine Family.

SunshineGuy has actually been on his computer most of the day today working on ways to do this. It was one of my "bright ideas" that came out of Affiliate Summit. I think we may test it on a limited basis tomorrow with just a merchant or two. If it works and doesn't crash our server, I would like to see us have a full-fledge shopping by keyword addition to the site in the next 7-10 days.

Mom2aPrincess
07-14-2007, 03:28 PM
Ooh!! I like this idea a lot. I don't think I'd have gone to any of these stores looking for Disney stuff without that. There's LOTS of stores on the lists infact that I don't have a clue what they sale....lol

jnorth1007
07-14-2007, 03:30 PM
What can I say Tricia but great minds think alike??? :rotfl: Poor Sunshineguy now he has two of us coming up with things for him to do. I think this would be awesome and as always you are on top of the needs of the membership. :heart:

zoodoyle
07-14-2007, 03:42 PM
I love the page with the disney listings - lots of new sites to check out that I never would have known about otherwise!!

I like that idea for setting up a spotlight category each week or month. I would also like to know if it is possible to put in a search function where if I am looking for a product I can search for it and it will let me know what if any SR merchants sell that product. I would make price shopping alot easier, cut down on having people clicking on the links of similar merchants to check out prices and then maybe not getting credit because of all the cookies and also will let me know right off if I can get it anywhere on SR. An example would be like the other day when I said I was looking for Bare Minerals make-up. I would have to search all of the merchants to see if they carry it. If there were a search function for that it would have popped up Sephora and any other place that might carry it. The category idea is great because it will help me find things I didn't know I needed :rotfl:

This is exactly what I was thinking about the other night when I was searching for sites that carry the jibbitz for the crocs!! It will make it much easier to spend my money through SR!! Great ideas!! :sunshine2:

chrissylou2
07-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I love this!!I would buy alot of these items!!!

Chrissy

Magical JenK
07-14-2007, 04:51 PM
I really like this set up! Good idea!

The Cheshire Cat
07-14-2007, 05:00 PM
Fabulous!

Just FABULOUS!!!!

kxmeeh
07-15-2007, 01:01 PM
i think this set up is so much easier than the traditional site. i would definatly buy!

linanglab
07-16-2007, 06:46 AM
I think it is a great idea. The only problem is....I may buy more things that I really shouldn't....

Love the set up!

Angela

luvdisney
07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
This is a great idea. I saw alot of things that I now want. I wouldn't have even know about them if it wasn't for that page. I usually don't have alot of time to shop and I don't get to look at many of the stores. Thanks Tricia

toystoryduo
07-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Great idea, Tricia!:cooldance: I like this a lot! :)

chocovrdmicears
07-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I LOVE :love: this idea/setup..would definately make things easier for me to find...thus easier to spend...:p

Hedy
07-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I like it. :)

JillyFish
07-16-2007, 02:06 PM
I love this idea. I probably wouldn't have looked at these merchants for Disney stuff otherwise. I like Janet's search idea too and I wonder if, in the long run, this would work better because it would require less "maintenance" by you guys. Just thinking out loud.

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 03:42 PM
Want to test one with a "search" function?

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Ok I was trying to let someone else do it but I waited 4 minutes and no one jumped on it so I will try it out. Patience isnt my best virtue :rotfl:

JillyFish
07-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Tricia, are you just wanting us to do a search for an item we know is listed on the page?

I Googled "Tinkerbell pajamas", "Disney Princess pajamas", and "Disney collectibles". I went through about 15 pages of results for each one and Sunshine didn't come up. :(

Does that help at all??

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Actually, I'm looking for a few beta testers for our own new searchable shopping page. :)

JillyFish
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
OHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Silly me!! :blush:

I would be glad to help though! :)

coastalgirl
07-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Tricia if you need a tester I will help out!

Just let me know!!
Lydia

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll put the link up for about 10 minutes and then take it down. So anyone who gets the email notice about this thread being updated should get it. :)

http://www.sunshinerewards.com/productsearch.php

Right now we only have about 5 merchants in the database, but by tonight we will have more like 20 and by the end of the week we hope to have about 100.

mseg16222
07-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I am willing to help if you need since I have been shopping a ton lately....:):cooldance:

coastalgirl
07-16-2007, 05:44 PM
OK, I am using it now and the search function seems to take one word and give you everything with that word in it. Say you put in toys, it gives you toys but also cleaners that say the are safe for toys, batteries, etc.

It seems to work pretty good though!! I like the way it is set up! Showing you your percent back!!

Lydia

sammielynn
07-16-2007, 05:47 PM
I just tried from the link in the forum, very nice!

JillyFish
07-16-2007, 05:49 PM
I searched for about 4 different things. I got results from ReStockIt, FlashingBlinkyLights, Tiny Prints, All Things Trendy, IBS Direct, and Metro Uniforms. I think it works great! Very easy and lots of results and information. One thing I did notice....and maybe you already know this...but for ReStockIt results, if you click on the picture of the item you get "Bad Request (Invalid URL)" All the other links I tried worked great.

One question....the link to the merchant at the top of each result....does that go directly to the merchant? Or is it a shopping link through SR....cause if it's not, I think it might confuse people. They may think they are shopping through a SR link when they're not. Does that make sense?

This is going to make comparison shopping SO much easier!!

Anything else you need to know?

mseg16222
07-16-2007, 05:58 PM
I searched for clothes and got hangers, luggage, laundry detergent, garmenracks and bath fixtures.....

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 06:14 PM
All of the links within the product search are linked to your account. So whether you click on the product itself, the link to the merchant, etc. you would get credit for the purchase.

Now...the other problems.....

Restockit is the only one that doesn't take you to the product?

The search is actually done on the keywords that the merchant includes for the products. But you can do more than one keyword and the top results should be the most pertinent. So if you search for "brown bear" you should get actual brown bears at the top and then further down only bears or only brown things.

Keep the feedback coming. We really want this to be a great new feature!

bbangel
07-16-2007, 06:43 PM
Really cool feature. I did a bunch of random searches for common things (like coffee) and got a good selection of things to choose from.

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
Just added a bunch more companies to it, so the searches should be getting better. I can't wait to see what it is like once we get the full catalog of products. It will literally be hundreds of thousands of products to search. I think we are already well over 50K.

SunshineGuy
07-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Just added a bunch more companies to it, so the searches should be getting better. I can't wait to see what it is like once we get the full catalog of products. It will literally be hundreds of thousands of products to search. I think we are already well over 50K.

actually, SunshineGirl we are now at over 110k items in the database and still counting (i have another import going right now)

111k...nope
112k...nope
113k...nope......

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 11:47 PM
Careful searching for Bare Minerals :rotfl: the word Bare brings up some interesting finds from Things From Another World :rotfl: :angel:

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Careful searching for Bare Minerals :rotfl: the word Bare brings up some interesting finds from Things From Another World :rotfl: :angel:

HAAAAAA!!!!!!

SunshineGuy
07-17-2007, 12:31 AM

thanks for the tip! :angel:

jnorth1007
07-17-2007, 12:35 AM
:eek: :rolleyes: