PDA

View Full Version : Premium Games

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 05:38 PM
As previously announced, the premium games will be moving to a $19.99 for six months subscription service effective August 1. To ensure that you are getting value for your money, we would like to know what the minimum number of games that you would expect to be for that amount. Keep in mind that we will continue to add games as new games come out.

llgray16
07-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Honestly, I don't know if I will subscribe as $20 for 6 months seems a little steep to me (especially in when you compare it to other gaming sites out there many of which you can play for free.) I guess I really need more info about what all wil be included in the subscription fee. If we can earn prizes and possibly credits in our SR account I may consider spending that amount.

I understand that SR is a business and that the server space required to host such a site must be expensive. I was thinking/hoping that the fee for us players wouldn't be be quite as much.

SunshineGirl
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
We actually pulled the price from some other people in the industry at Affiliate Summit last week. It was what they had recommended for this type of thing.

We will definitely have more tournaments and some things for prizes in the Premium Games. We're looking at using the money as a way to enhance the games in a way that we would not have bothered if they were just a fun free thing. For example, paying the licensing fees on some of the games. We've also been paying for things that a lot of other people do not pay for. For example, I got the actual script for the Arcade for free because the person who wrote it puts it out there for the world and just asks for donations. Because we are going to make some money now in the premium lounge, I actually paid him for the script. Same with the games that we are adding. A lot of people just download them for free off of other sites. I went ahead and paid to be able to download them, so we are actually in the hole right now quite a bit on the games. But it just seemed like the right thing to do.

Depending on how many people we get to sign up, we will definitely be able to give away prizes and do more fun things with it. Plus, <shhhhhhh> we'll be featuring a special signup cost for people who join in the first few days, and it will be less than the 19.99.

disneynut
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Tricia, will we be able to pay out of our SR account?????

mseg16222
07-18-2007, 04:03 PM
I m MEMEBER OF pogo GAMING AND IT IS 4.99 OR 5.99 A MONTH. DEPENDS HOW MUCH YOU USE THEM.

coastalgirl
07-18-2007, 06:41 PM
That would be cool if we could pay out of our SR accounts!!

dpayne1969
07-26-2007, 10:30 AM
come on guys this is cheap,i mean divide that price by 6.I pay this price for my sons online game he does & it is for only 3 months.So yeah this is a no brainer for me.I would definately purchase this!! You guys dont want to pay but you will come in here everyday & play for FREE. You will dog others on her publicly but you will not pay 3.31 a month to play games & have fun.
I see it as cheap entertainment for me,great stress reliever too.LOL

Come on guys vote this thing in & quit being uptight.This is fun & addictive!

SunshineGirl
07-26-2007, 10:41 AM
I figured out a way yesterday to let you pay out of your SR accounts. Does that help?

coastalgirl
07-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Yes, that would be great!! Sign me up!!!

lydia

faithhope
07-26-2007, 11:28 AM
That helps alot... now to build my balance back up...

Thanks for the word games...

Faith
who had #1 in yatzee for a brief moment

Jusacuz
07-26-2007, 02:22 PM
Come on guys vote this thing in & quit being uptight.This is fun & addictive!

Yes, it is fun and addictive, but I don't think it makes me "uptight" to not want to pay for it. I've said this in the other discussion about this topic, but i'll say it again. I come to SR to earn money not spend it.

I love SR and I appreciate all Tricia does. My not wanting to spend my earnings on games is not any reflection of how I feel about the site.

:sunshine2:

jnorth1007
07-26-2007, 04:07 PM
The idea behind the poll wasn't to decide whether or not to do premium games as it is my understanding that they will happen starting 8/1/07 regardless of the outcome of the poll. The real idea I believe is to let everyone have some imput into how many games would make it feasible for you to pay to play. Those who do not want to spend money on the games are more than welcome to continue to play the free games that will still be made available. Those who choose to pay for the premium games will have a larger selection of new games to play. The idea is not to make anyone feel like they are not a team player by not choosing the premium games. The games took off so well that Tricia was looking for a way to get better games and perhaps a better system to run the games so that we may not have to experience the issues with not having high scores post and such. These upgrades cost money and since gaming is not the focus of the site but a perk for its members it is only reasonable that she would have to charge for the upgraded games and system. This being said, those who choose to play the free games should do so without feeling bad. It is afterall all in fun!!! :sunshine2:

bbangel
07-26-2007, 08:36 PM
Well said Janet

tommygirl79
07-26-2007, 09:06 PM
The idea behind the poll wasn't to decide whether or not to do premium games as it is my understanding that they will happen starting 8/1/07 regardless of the outcome of the poll. The real idea I believe is to let everyone have some imput into how many games would make it feasible for you to pay to play. Those who do not want to spend money on the games are more than welcome to continue to play the free games that will still be made available. Those who choose to pay for the premium games will have a larger selection of new games to play. The idea is not to make anyone feel like they are not a team player by not choosing the premium games. The games took off so well that Tricia was looking for a way to get better games and perhaps a better system to run the games so that we may not have to experience the issues with not having high scores post and such. These upgrades cost money and since gaming is not the focus of the site but a perk for its members it is only reasonable that she would have to charge for the upgraded games and system. This being said, those who choose to play the free games should do so without feeling bad. It is afterall all in fun!!! :sunshine2:

Very well put! :thumbsup:

dpayne1969
07-26-2007, 09:29 PM
exactly it costs money to run the show so im in.Did not mean for all of you to get all fired up over my post.If you wanna play ya gotta pay right thats the old saying! I think those that decide not to pay should have their scores erased off the boards of the premium games as well.

jnorth1007
07-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm sorry if you took my response at an attack on you because it certainly wasn't meant to be. I was merely trying to make sure everyone understood that this isn't a two sided thing but more like a menu with something for everyone LOL. If you want something more tasty and better cooked you go for the filet, if not you go for the hamburger LOL. It really is all good and fun so no worries please. Im not sure that the scores will be erased off of the leader board for premium games but they will be unable to defend them LOL so in reality they will eventually be defeated.

dpayne1969
07-26-2007, 09:52 PM
i will take the filet jnorth lol.Thanks but it was not towards you at all.
I thought the premium games would end if we dont get enough signed up & we like the premium games so dont want them to end.I agree we all are here to make money but it takes money to run the show as well so i feel i am helping keep this site going by paying for some games.But who knows all i know is i like the premium games & dont want them to go away.LOL

Thanks jnorth for the reply!!

bs4free
08-07-2007, 10:58 PM
I have looked at the games I do see much that I would like to play yet, but i will keep looking back and when the right game comes bam then i will have to signup!

TtownAnne
08-08-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't understand the idea that some things that weren't premium games before are now (Princess Jewels, Fruit Twirls, etc.) :confused: But yes, I voted that I wouldn't pay at all.

SunshineGirl
08-08-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't understand the idea that some things that weren't premium games before are now (Princess Jewels, Fruit Twirls, etc.) :confused: But yes, I voted that I wouldn't pay at all.

Hmmm... That's odd. We didn't change the coding on any of the games. We kept all of them that were free games before free. Has anyone else noticed this??

TtownAnne
08-08-2007, 08:15 PM
I should correct, I'm only guessing that's what happened - when I try to access Princess Jewels, Fruit Twirls, etc. it says "Your usergroup is not allowed to play any game from that category." So I assumed by category it meant from free games to premium games. :confused:

SunshineGirl
08-08-2007, 08:19 PM
I think I know what happened. We had all of the Premium Games open to EVERYONE before August 1. So you were probably in the premium area and didn't even know it. But we wanted everyone to see which games would be in there so that they could decide if it was worth it for them to pay to play them. Could that be it?

bs4free
08-08-2007, 08:40 PM
That Could be it!!!

I know I was looking in both area before but it was not that easy to tell!

TtownAnne
08-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Well, I guess it could be, but let me ask you this - when I go into the Arcade, every single game listed on the left hand side under "Newest Games" gives me that same message. Are ALL the new games Premium games?

jnorth1007
08-08-2007, 10:53 PM
If you scroll to the bottom of the page there are three links 'free games" "supermember games" "premium games" if you click on free games all of the ones that show up at the bottom should be available to you. You can then save the ones you like to your favorites so you dont have to search for them everytime.

TtownAnne
08-08-2007, 11:01 PM
Right, I've got that. So would that mean that every single one of the "Newest Games" are premium games, as they are not showing up under the tab for Free Games?

jnorth1007
08-08-2007, 11:02 PM
Yeah if they aren't under that tab then they arent free.

dpayne1969
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Do we still have to post everyday to play the premium games as well???

m 'n c
08-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I don't think you have to post since you are paying for the premium games but I'm sure Tricia will reply for sure.

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 11:07 AM
Do we still have to post everyday to play the premium games as well???

We do still have the requirement. We had to do that so that we would make sure that we didn't just have a bunch of "outsiders" paying their $20 to play games and not really being a part of our community. We want to make sure that everyone who participates in our games and contests actually participates in the posting as well. Sorry!!

dpayne1969
08-10-2007, 12:03 PM
no need to be "sorry" i was just asking because I do post daily as well as look on the boards for helpful tips.I have noticed players with top scores that are taking them away from the ones who do post daily.So i was just double checking to see if that rule was still in place as i do post daily & love being here for the games & the chats.

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 01:43 PM
WHAT!! The software upgrade was supposed to stop people from being able to do that. Tell me when you see a game like that and I will check into it. That makes me angry.

dpayne1969
08-10-2007, 03:56 PM
if you would like to PM me i would be willing to give names,dates,game played by the players doing this.Some have only posted like 2 or 3 times the entire time!I knew the rules & this is why i asked about the posting to see if the rules were still in effect.

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 03:59 PM
if you would like to PM me i would be willing to give names,dates,game played by the players doing this.Some have only posted like 2 or 3 times the entire time!I knew the rules & this is why i asked about the posting to see if the rules were still in effect.

I just added you to my buddy list, so you should be able to PM me now.

SunshineGirl
08-10-2007, 04:41 PM
All fixed!! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention. It looks like when I set up the Premium Membership, I didn't code it like everything else. Everyone should have to post on the days that they play now or their scores won't save. They probably won't even be able to play at all (the way it SAYS that it is set up).

tommygirl79
08-10-2007, 06:48 PM

Good catch - I would have never noticed that...

Iteach
08-11-2007, 02:09 AM
Haven't posted yet today and want to play!:sunshine:

tommygirl79
08-11-2007, 01:27 PM
Haven't posted yet today and want to play!:sunshine:

Me too!!!!!!!

Tiggerific711
08-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Here's my post for Sunday!

Off to the arcade...

TTFN