PDA

View Full Version : Disney Vacation Candles

Hedy
07-16-2007, 09:27 PM
Anyone tried them? The concept rocks!

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 09:28 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw it. I meant to come ask if anyone had tried them or heard of them or if it was someone Tricia knew that was making them. That would rock.

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 09:53 PM
:sunshine: It's actually one of our members who is active at SR and on the DIS who owns the company.

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Well then I will have to go back to the link for sure and check them out and try one or two of them out.

Pooh's Pal
07-16-2007, 10:08 PM
Was it the paid link that came along this afternoon? I clicked, and it showed like a travel site....with no where to click! ?? (but I did get credit for it!!)
Is there another link somewhere??

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Yep. Here is her site:

http://www.freewebs.com/vacationscents/

Mom2aPrincess
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Is there a link to this (besides the paid click) that we can use to go back to this later? I am interested, but not today and I know I won't remember if I just bookmark it..:rotfl: Could it be listed somewhere?

Pooh's Pal
07-16-2007, 11:00 PM
Yep. Here is her site:
http://www.freewebs.com/vacationscents/

Thanks Tricia....wish we could see more of what the jars look like, colors etc. But, while I was browsing her site I noticed she had a link to Peggy's baskets...so glad she is back doing them. (she's an old time Diser too!) Two great Disney shopping sites!! Small world...isn't it?!!

Hedy
07-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks Tricia....wish we could see more of what the jars look like, colors etc. But, while I was browsing her site I noticed she had a link to Peggy's baskets...so glad she is back doing them. (she's an old time Diser too!) Two great Disney shopping sites!! Small world...isn't it?!!

Awesome! I'm so glad her baskets are back.

Mom2aPrincess
07-16-2007, 11:08 PM
Is there a link to this (besides the paid click) that we can use to go back to this later? I am interested, but not today and I know I won't remember if I just bookmark it..:rotfl: Could it be listed somewhere?

:rotfl: we must have been posting exactly at the same time...

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 11:14 PM
I just sent her an email with a link to this thread so she can come join the forum and give us more information about her stuff.

I really love when SR members advertise with us and actually get some exposure out of it!!!

DisneyVacationScents
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Hi everyone!
I just wanted to introduce myself :)
I am the owner of Vacation Scents.

Thank you for all the advice I have recieved so far, I appreciate it very much.

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 11:19 PM
Your candles sound wonderful. I am just trying to decide which ones I want. Thinking back on the smells of Disney and which I would love to have in what parts of the house. :rotfl: DH is going to kill me.

DisneyVacationScents
07-16-2007, 11:23 PM
Well thank you very much!
They all smell wonderful!
I am thinking about doing a basket of all the scents together, kinda like a sampler, not sure yet though.
What do you think?

jnorth1007
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Wow that would be great! I like the idea of being able to try them all :rotfl: making decisions was never my thing. It would depend on the price though. If you could make them smaller versions so that you could keep the price down that would be awesome.

Mom2aPrincess
07-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Well thank you very much!
They all smell wonderful!
I am thinking about doing a basket of all the scents together, kinda like a sampler, not sure yet though.
What do you think?

Oohh.. I think small candles as a sampler package sounds great!! I'd love to be able to try them out and then buy the larger ones of my faves!! :love:

I'd also love to see pictures. I'm all about pictures. My friends make fun of me because when we go out to eat, I always just pick a picture that looks good and order it! :rotfl:

DisneyVacationScents
07-16-2007, 11:31 PM
when we go out to eat, I always just pick a picture that looks good and order it! :rotfl:

lol I do the same thing!

SunshineGirl
07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I swear I think one of my favorite parts of any DW attraction is the apple pie at Philharmagic. My family always makes fun of me for it. But I am a very scent-oriented person (for those of you who are like me, that makes sense--for everyone else, I sound weird). So to integrate a scent into an attraction like that just thrills me. Probably why I love Soarin'!

Pooh's Pal
07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Maybe you could get together with Peggy and do a basket together??? :)
Will do some shopping here soon, maybe Christmas presents for my two bosses..big Disney fans, and I never know what to get them!!

DisneyVacationScents
07-16-2007, 11:42 PM
I never thought of that.
Peggy is such a sweet person, I will see if that's possible.
Thanks for the idea! :)

DisneyVacationScents
07-16-2007, 11:45 PM
I swear I think one of my favorite parts of any DW attraction is the apple pie at Philharmagic. My family always makes fun of me for it. But I am a very scent-oriented person (for those of you who are like me, that makes sense--for everyone else, I sound weird). So to integrate a scent into an attraction like that just thrills me. Probably why I love Soarin'!

I love the apple pie too.....we are so much alike in that respect. :)
Soarin is my favorite......

Alice28
07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
I am curious as to what Pirates of the Caribbean smells like.

I would love a sampler basket too- I love scents, but the wrong ones will give me a headache. I would love to just try some small candles for a smaller price so I can figure out which I like
Great idea!

jnorth1007
07-17-2007, 12:16 AM
POTC candles???? Do they smell like a sweaty Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom???? :angel:

Man Ive used that smilie alot tonight LOL it might be time for bed when you have worn out the angel smilie.

coastalgirl
07-17-2007, 12:21 AM
A small sampler set would be great! I also love the apple pie smell!!

Lydia

mollyeilis
07-17-2007, 12:34 AM
I am curious as to what Pirates of the Caribbean smells like.

I was wondering the same thing. And I wondered if it smells the same at WDW as it does at DL. Because, while distinctive, from what I remember, the POTC at DL doesn't necessarily smell, well, pleasant! :rotfl:

Other than that, I think the idea is very cute. :)

DisneyVacationScents
07-17-2007, 12:56 AM
POTC has kinda a musky rum smell to it.
even though some could say just put florida water in it I found that was a bit hard to do, lol

bartleby1
07-17-2007, 01:09 AM
A sampler would be an excellent idea if you could do it with small sizes to keep the price down!:)

DisneyVacationScents
07-17-2007, 01:44 AM
A sampler would be an excellent idea if you could do it with small sizes to keep the price down!:)

Thank you for the suggestion, it might be something I do in the future. :)

kayjo
07-17-2007, 03:33 AM
I would also like to see a picture of the actual candles and the jar. As far as samplers go, maybe you could do several theme samplers such as the scents from Soarin' or the food scents like the apple pie and bakery. As long as you don't come out with a swampy water scent from Splash Mountain. My DDs hate the smell of that water and refuse to ride Splash Mountain because they don't want to spend the rest of the day smelling like that.

PSL1013
07-17-2007, 09:09 AM
I only melt candle tarts in an electric tart burner...any chance that you could offer these scents in a tart? I would definitely place an order for these!! :love:

chocovrdmicears
07-17-2007, 09:51 AM
As long as you don't come out with a swampy water scent from Splash Mountain. My DDs hate the smell of that water and refuse to ride Splash Mountain because they don't want to spend the rest of the day smelling like that.

My DD5 is the total opposite! She LOVES the smell of Splash Mountain...We were mini~golfing a few weeks ago and when we were by the waterfall she says "mmmmmm...smells like Splash Mountain." :p

chocovrdmicears
07-17-2007, 09:53 AM

I read somewhere that they originally had the smell of Jasmine (the flower) during the Aladdin scene..but apparently MANY people are allergic to it so they pulled it from the show. :confused:

TXMouseChaser
07-17-2007, 10:35 AM
I would love tarts too. That is really all I burn anymore!

Soccer Princess
07-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Oh I would also like to see some kind of sampler offered! :)

llgray16
07-17-2007, 11:35 PM
Count me in as another person who would love to have tarts as well :)

tommygirl79
07-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Count me in for both the idea of the tarts and the sampler should one become available. :)

And as far as smelling the sweat of either Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom - I'll take whatever I can get. :love:

VanniGirl
07-18-2007, 10:38 AM
These sound yummy - I'll have to check them out!

DisneyVacationScents
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
And as far as smelling the sweat of either Johnny Depp or Orlando Bloom - I'll take whatever I can get. :love:

Lol, I hope you like the POTC candle then.
If I light it, sit back and close my eyes, it actually could be.....lol

Just wanted you all to know Peggy emailed me today so we might be doing a basket together.....we will see how it goes. :mickey:

bbangel
07-18-2007, 04:08 PM
Can you do international shipping (to Canada?) If not maybe I can get some sent to the resort when I'm down in October. Would love to see sample sizes!

DisneyVacationScents
07-18-2007, 04:33 PM
sure, I can ship to canada.

bbangel
07-18-2007, 05:16 PM
sure, I can ship to canada.

Thanks! :)

DisneyVacationScents
07-20-2007, 01:26 AM
I just wanted everyone to know I will be adding tarts to the website effective this coming monday.
I am very excited! more to come....

DisneyVacationScents
07-26-2007, 03:09 AM
Hi everyone!
I wanted everyone to know I have tarts added to the site! :cooldance:
They turned out awesome! :love:

also since everyone has been so awesome on the board, when you place an order just let me know you are a SR :sunshine: member for a special surprise and a free tart of your choice!

oh and SunshineGirl, thanks for the special Disney cashout! :mickey:

linanglab
07-26-2007, 06:26 AM
That is awesome! I just love candles. Now....which ones do I want! I hope your business takes off like crazy!!!

Angela

PSL1013
07-26-2007, 09:55 AM
Hi everyone!

also since everyone has been so awesome on the board, when you place an order just let me know you are a SR :sunshine: member for a special surprise and a free tart of your choice!

Just placed my order for the tarts! ooops, I forgot to give you my choice for the freebie tart....How about a Dole Whip one. :love:

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Hi everyone!

also since everyone has been so awesome on the board, when you place an order just let me know you are a SR member for a special surprise and a free tart of your choice!

oh and SunshineGirl, thanks for the special Disney cashout! :mickey:

How awesome!! I'm planning to do an order within the next week. Just realized I'm almost out of candles! :(

bbangel
07-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Thanks so much. Just placed my order!

DisneyVacationScents
07-26-2007, 03:26 PM
will be posting photos soon.....as requested. :)

DisneyVacationScents
07-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Here you go, this is the order I got through with last night.....

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/3661/015ei1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Nice pictures...Thanks for posting. If only you could post the scents...I love walking through candle stores (and bath and body works) and sniffing around....:rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2007, 12:47 PM
I made my order today. :) Can't wait to receive them. :love:

TIAMOMMA
07-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Nice pictures...Thanks for posting. If only you could post the scents...I love walking through candle stores (and bath and body works) and sniffing around....:rotfl:

I know what you mean - I'm dying to smell the dolewhip one! I think I need to wait for this cc billing cycle to finish and then I'll probably be ordering once myself! (Anyone who gets this, pls. let me know what you think!)

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2007, 03:43 PM
I know what you mean - I'm dying to smell the dolewhip one! I think I need to wait for this cc billing cycle to finish and then I'll probably be ordering once myself! (Anyone who gets this, pls. let me know what you think!)

I'm getting a tart...I'll report back (and i bet be ordering some big ones after I smell it :rotfl: ). I got Pirates, dole Whip, bakery and apple pie.

TIAMOMMA
07-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I'm getting a tart...I'll report back (and i bet be ordering some big ones after I smell it :rotfl: ). I got Pirates, dole Whip, bakery and apple pie.

Oooh, I'm curious about the bakery one too - pls. give a full report, lol! I can't figure out for the life of me what the Pirates one would smell like, the ideas that come to mind aren't what I'd like a candle to smell like :rotfl:!

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Oooh, I'm curious about the bakery one too - pls. give a full report, lol! I can't figure out for the life of me what the Pirates one would smell like, the ideas that come to mind aren't what I'd like a candle to smell like :rotfl:!

I was really curious about the Pirates too...that's why I chose it as the free one. :)

jnorth1007
07-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I think she said the Pirates one smells like spicey rum???

zane_anthony
07-27-2007, 11:37 PM
I decided to order a few tarts at a time to see which ones I want for the big candles. I just placed an oder for the apple pie and dole whip tarts and I requested POTC for my free one. I will report back once I get them.

DisneyVacationScents
07-31-2007, 01:17 AM
Just wanted to update everyone who ordered over the weekend.
Your orders are being shipped in the morning. :mickey:

I hope you enjoy them! :love:

Mom2aPrincess
07-31-2007, 01:27 AM
:cooldance: I can't wait to get mine. I'm actually going to check my mail every day this week (won't the post office be surprised :rotfl: )!!

zane_anthony
07-31-2007, 06:06 AM
Thanks!! I can't wait to test them all out.

bbangel
07-31-2007, 11:56 AM
Just wanted to update everyone who ordered over the weekend.
Your orders are being shipped in the morning. :mickey:

I hope you enjoy them! :love:

Woohoo! Something to look forward to!

Sahmy
07-31-2007, 12:22 PM
I need to order some of these before our next Disney party. I hope we settle on a date soon. I think I have to go bug DH about that. Labor Day weekend sounds good!

kimbih
07-31-2007, 06:31 PM
1st time poster here! SR member for a while now but I've only lurked in the forums before now.

I wanted to let everyone know that I ordered last week frmo here and received the candles/tarts today. They are amazing!!! I got the Soarin Orange, POTC and Dole Whip. I can not tell you how good they smell. As soon as I opened the box the orange tarts scent burst out and immediately scented my kitchen. I actually ordered them all for gifts but I'm going to have a hard time giving them up :rotfl:

So I will definately be ordering more and I'm looking forward to additional scents as well as the sampler basket I just read here could be a possiblity ;)

I'll be happy to answer any questions about them :)

PSL1013
07-31-2007, 06:56 PM
Oh I can't wait until mine arrive...I ordered the Soarin Orange, Ocean Breeze and the Main St. Bakery with the Dole Whip freebie! :love:

Soccer Princess
07-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Is there a way we can get a list of color each scent is? Thanks!

DisneyVacationScents
07-31-2007, 09:54 PM
soarin orange- orange
soarin pine- green
soarin ocean- blue
dolewhip float- yellow
philharmagic- red
pirates- greyish black
snow white- red
main st bakery- brown
pooh bear- yellow

Soccer Princess
07-31-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks so much! :)

emmoore5124
08-01-2007, 09:57 AM
What does Snow White smell like?

Pooh's Pal
08-01-2007, 11:23 AM
What does Snow White smell like?
I asked her in an email about the Snow White and the Pooh Bear scents...here's what she told me:

Snow White candle is a red candle and it smells like apples
and Pooh Bear is a goldish yellow candle and it smells like honey.

Sound Yummy huh? :love:

kimntrent
08-01-2007, 01:12 PM
Disney made a snow white one a while back that was awesome. I still have 1. but they smelled so good. I would bet it is similar.
________
Video Reviews (http://videoreviews.org)

Anna
08-02-2007, 12:31 AM

I agree with the sampler size basket. That would be a less expensive way to try all the scents.:sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
08-02-2007, 12:41 AM
I agree with the sampler size basket. That would be a less expensive way to try all the scents.:sunshine2:

Yep, yep...I'd be making a 2nd order (and I haven't even received the 1st one...:rotfl: ) if there was a way to buy all of them in very small candles together...

Iteach
08-02-2007, 01:12 AM
Nice website. Thanks for sharing!:)

zane_anthony
08-03-2007, 06:07 PM
I got my candles yesterday. WOW. The box came decorated with Waltograph font, disney stickers, and even a hidden Mickey :cooldance: It would be great to send to someone as a gift. The inside was packed very nicely too and it even included pixie dust :love: I also loved all three scents (dole whip, philharmagic, and POTC) the dole whip was my favorite and my mom's was the POTC. I will definitely be ordering some others to test out soon! Thanks again :sunshine:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 06:26 PM
I got my candles today!!!! :cooldance: And I'm already in LOVE :love: !!! And I was also just as impressed with the packaging as the candles!! AMAZING!! The disney script, a hidden mickey (I found it!), and the stickers. (And I really appreciated my SR extra gift). The large candles are super. They are nothing like the homemade candles around here...the jars are HIGH quality (and decorated with disney stickers too). I ordered Main Street Bakery and Philharmagic. The bakery one is a brown/tan color and the philharmagic one is pink. And they both smell so good I would have a hard time choosing between them (in fact, I bet I don't..I expect to order both of them again). I had 2 tarts..the dole whip (which is yellow) and the potc which is a dark brown (looks like fudge). I also really like the dole whip, but my initial reaction is that I wouldn't want a big one of it. I'll burn it though and see if it grows on me. :) I'll take pictures and post as soon as I can...

VERY IMPRESSED! I can't wait to burn them and really enjoy them. :love:

I will be a repeat customer!

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Okay...here's the pics as promised...There are 4..one is just of the candles (with the tarts on the side)...Then there is one with my bath and body works hand soap to give some of you an idea as to their size. Next you'll see the lids! I have no idea how she did it, but that is major attention to detail! And finally of the box to show you the incredible shipping.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/SHS_Alumni/Candles/candles1.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/SHS_Alumni/Candles/candles2.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/SHS_Alumni/Candles/candles3.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i238/SHS_Alumni/Candles/candles4.jpg

ItsmeSunnyV
08-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Awww man, you guys have me convinced to order some of these as soon as I get back from Vegas, As long as I'm not broke by then!:rotfl: How long is the SR special going? A free tart for Sr members right? Or what was it? :) I've never been to Disney World, but I know Disneyland has some great scents! lol. :p

jnorth1007
08-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Yep I am convinced also, I am on my way to order right now THANKS you enablers LOL :minnie: :mickey: :hugs:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 07:10 PM
Neither of you will be disappointed. They are sooo worth it.

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Ok gang...I want to go start a thread on DIS about these great candles!! Anyone have any suggestions as to where to place it? I tend to spend most of my time on the family board, budget board and exchange board, but can't decide where to put this thread? Or a couple places to put it...:rotfl:

Suggestions?

ItsmeSunnyV
08-03-2007, 07:44 PM
I say Budget board! :)

TIAMOMMA
08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
Okay, I'm curious about the POTC - does it smell more like a spice or like butterrum? (I love butter rum life savers, for some reason this is what I imagine it to smell like).

Also, does the bakery smell like a buttercream frosting or something else? I can't wait to order some.

bbangel
08-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Ok gang...I want to go start a thread on DIS about these great candles!! Anyone have any suggestions as to where to place it? I tend to spend most of my time on the family board, budget board and exchange board, but can't decide where to put this thread? Or a couple places to put it...:rotfl:

Suggestions?

How about the Community Board and the Budget Board. You know if the mods don't like where it is they will move it!

DisneyVacationScents
08-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Okay, I'm curious about the POTC - does it smell more like a spice or like butterrum? (I love butter rum life savers, for some reason this is what I imagine it to smell like).

Also, does the bakery smell like a buttercream frosting or something else? I can't wait to order some.

It smells like buttered rum with hints of a burning fire, like in the ride.
which I thought would really bring out the ride smell.

The main st bakery is cinnamon buns with vanilla icing and a hint of a special ingredient to make it even more special, plus some pixie dust! :love:

Thank you all so much for all your great reviews!
you made my day! :sunshine:

one thing I do want to say is a couple of the orders have been getting to people and the tarts are a little soft because of it being sooo hot outside.(not melted)
if that is the case just put them in the fridge for about 10-15 min and that will take care of it until I can find out how to ship without them doing that.
it does not take away from the tart or the scent at all! :love:

Again thank you so much for your Business and your Great Reviews! :love:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. We're about to eat, but I'll go post afterwards and then come and tell you guys where...maybe some of you that have received your product could go post there too!! :sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 11:27 PM
OK...Posted on the budget board....here's the thread in case some of you would like to go share your positive thoughts too. :love:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20105191#post20105191

ItsmeSunnyV
08-03-2007, 11:30 PM
OK...Posted on the budget board....here's the thread in case some of you would like to go share your positive thoughts too. :love:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=20105191#post20105191

:eek: I didnt know you were Sloane!!:D lol I remember you from the Dis! lol

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 11:35 PM
:eek: I didnt know you were Sloane!!:D lol I remember you from the Dis! lol

Yep...that's me. :)

DisneyVacationScents
08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Ok..I'm not sure where to really post this so I'm going to post on the couple boards that I call "home."

what other board did you post to so I can answer questions if I need to?
thanks so much ladies! :)

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Ok..I'm not sure where to really post this so I'm going to post on the couple boards that I call "home."

I also put it on the exchange board as I truly log into it and communicate there daily....You go to community and then exchanges....

kimbih
08-04-2007, 09:28 AM
Did anyone have any problems posting it on the DIS? I go there too (Stimpy). I wanted to post it on a few other Disney message boards but I was worried they would think it was free advertising and delete it?

BTW, there's a new scent....Popcorn!

PSL1013
08-04-2007, 09:43 AM
one thing I do want to say is a couple of the orders have been getting to people and the tarts are a little soft because of it being sooo hot outside.(not melted)
if that is the case just put them in the fridge for about 10-15 min and that will take care of it until I can find out how to ship without them doing that.
it does not take away from the tart or the scent at all!

Again thank you so much for your Business and your Great Reviews! :love:

I was one of the people that ordered the tarts that arrived very soft and stuck together. My mail arrives in the afternoon, so the mail sits in the hot mail truck all morning in 90º temp. I did put them in the fridge like suggested and they were fine. They smell terrific! I would like to order other scents but I might wait until it gets a little cooler out! I would like to see an Epcot Rose Garden Scent if possible...hint, hint! Maybe we could start a thread with suggestions?? :cooldance:

kimbih
08-04-2007, 09:48 AM
I was one of the people that ordered the tarts that arrived very soft and stuck together. My mail arrives in the afternoon, so the mail sits in the hot mail truck all morning in 90º temp. I did put them in the fridge like suggested and they were fine. They smell terrific! I would like to order other scents but I might wait until it gets a little cooler out! I would like to see an Epcot Rose Garden Scent if possible...hint, hint! Maybe we could start a thread with suggestions?? :cooldance:

She has a forum section on her site which has a board for scent suggestions too :) (That does sound like a great idea!)

PSL1013
08-04-2007, 09:53 AM
She has a forum section on her site which has a board for scent suggestions too :) (That does sound like a great idea!)

I looked on that site but I think SR is a more "active" site! :sunshine:

DisneyVacationScents
08-04-2007, 11:31 AM

issue resolved :angel:
switching the tarts to a higher melting point wax (still soy)
Yay! :cooldance:
Live and learn.......:rotfl:

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Did anyone have any problems posting it on the DIS? I go there too (Stimpy). I wanted to post it on a few other Disney message boards but I was worried they would think it was free advertising and delete it?

BTW, there's a new scent....Popcorn!

I didn't have any problems. I figure as long as us customers are the ones posting and reviewing...just be sure to comment that you BOUGHT them and love them. I think they are pretty strict and wouldn't want Tiffany to be active on them, but the rest of us can be...there are threads everywhere on basketsbysarah (and it did lead to me using her).

kimbih
08-04-2007, 01:03 PM

I posted one on mgmstudios.org

bs4free
08-04-2007, 08:33 PM
What is a Candle tart and how does one use them they dont seem to have any wick?

I do like to use candles once in a while but often i find they are too strong and give me a headache, How strong are these candles and tarts?

For example the strength of the scent on sorian is perfect not to strong and smells great.

How well do the sorian caldles match the scents from the WDW attraction?

Thank you all for you answers and help!

jnorth1007
08-04-2007, 08:39 PM
Holy cripes! I really ned to read better LOL I ordered 16 tarts and just read the previous post that they dont have wicks. How am I going to use them? I read that I think Hedy has a tart something or the other for them. Where would I get one of these? Sheesh Im a ding dong.

ItsmeSunnyV
08-04-2007, 08:50 PM
Holy cripes! I really ned to read better LOL I ordered 16 tarts and just read the previous post that they dont have wicks. How am I going to use them? I read that I think Hedy has a tart something or the other for them. Where would I get one of these? Sheesh Im a ding dong.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Okay enough laughing at Janet, because I would have done the same thing! lol

SunshineGirl
08-04-2007, 09:36 PM
Tart burners are WONDERFUL! I leave mine going all the time. I use an electric one. The one that I have is like a little ceramic bowl that sits on top of another ceramic part that has a lightbulb in it. When you turn it on, the lightbulb heats up the top bowl and melts the wax in it. Very safe to leave on for hours at a time. Think of it kind of like a double boiler. LOL! (You can also get them where you put a plain little tealight in the bottom but I don't like those as much)

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 10:09 PM

:rotfl: Sorry Janet, but I had to do that!!! I at least knew what tarts were..I don't have a burner (will pick one up next time I'm out), but I feel lots better about it after your reaction! :) Just picking....(couldn't resist)

jnorth1007
08-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Well I am going out after church and find me one of them tart burners tomorrow. I cant get all those candles and have no way to use them. I did order one big one but I thought tarts were just little candles. DOOOOOHHHH!

bs4free
08-04-2007, 11:12 PM
Well I am going out after church and find me one of them tart burners tomorrow. I cant get all those candles and have no way to use them. I did order one big one but I thought tarts were just little candles. DOOOOOHHHH!

Well I am glad my post made me think about your order, So we need a Tart warmer, any idea where to get them? the Electric ones sound nice! Can we get DISNEY warmers?

Suggestion for Disney Vacation Secents Little candles, Tea lights, or Volitives, They would be a great addition to your line, With a Sample kit.

Start with a 3 pack for Sorain, I mean if you want to relive the ride you will need all three!

kimbih
08-05-2007, 08:26 AM
The tarts smell strong enough that you can use them as air fresheners for small spaces too until you get the burners. I have one in my bathroom and it smells really good. During the winter, I sometimes throw one under the seat of my car (but obviously it could get messy in the summer heat LOL)

You can find the tart burners at AC Moore, Linens N things, Michaels....basically anywhere that sells candles :)

The Soarin Orange smells amazing! When I opened the box, the first thing my son (age 7) said was that it reminded him of Soarin and he didn't even know it was supposed to be based on the ride. He just smelled the orange and immediately thought of it himself.

PSL1013
08-05-2007, 09:08 AM
Tart burners are WONDERFUL! I leave mine going all the time. I use an electric one. The one that I have is like a little ceramic bowl that sits on top of another ceramic part that has a lightbulb in it. When you turn it on, the lightbulb heats up the top bowl and melts the wax in it. Very safe to leave on for hours at a time. Think of it kind of like a double boiler. LOL! (You can also get them where you put a plain little tealight in the bottom but I don't like those as much)

I have this same kind of electric tart burner..they are great and they are alot safer than burning tarts with a tea light. I had a tea light catch fire one time while melting a tart...I just happened to be in the same room at the time! I will never leave anything that uses any type of flame while I'm not in the same room.These electric tart burners are very much like leaving a small lamp on! :)

zane_anthony
08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
My tarts smell wonderful, the smell over the whole house :sunshine: I can only imagine what the candles will be like. I am testing out all of the scents in tarts right now then I will switch to candles. I just completed another order so I will have tried everything but popcorn and the pine trees neither of which appeal to me. I did have to order the dole whip ones again they are GREAT !! :heart:

bbangel
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
I just got my package today and my house now smells wonderful. The Main Street Bakery is now in my kitchen!
Loved the packaging with the hidden Mickey :mickey: and the special surprises inside!

luckylabonte
08-18-2007, 05:39 PM
The candles sound wonderful! but they all seem to be out of stock. Oh well probably just as well, I think I might have gone crazy ordering right now. :angel: :rotfl:

TIAMOMMA
08-18-2007, 05:54 PM
The candles sound wonderful! but they all seem to be out of stock. Oh well probably just as well, I think I might have gone crazy ordering right now. :angel: :rotfl:

You might want to send an email to her (there's a contact us button on the website). I think between SR and another site's board we have swamped her with orders with all the rave reviews. I ordered last weekend and she said it's normally 5-7 days since she makes them to order. A few days ago she sent another email saying they would be a little delayed - it seems she's gotten so many orders she could use some full time help. Can't wait to smell them, I already ordered my tart burner from Cindy in anticipation of my tarts!

Mom2aPrincess
08-18-2007, 06:09 PM
I just got this email!!! :(

Hello Kimberly,

I regret to inform everyone that I will not be making the glass candle jars anymore due to the fact that they cost to much to ship and seems the Post office cannot take care of their packages without throwing them and breaking things. I am terribly sorry and wish it was feasible to continue making.
However I will still be making Tarts and selling them with all the bells and whistles that you all enjoy!
I will be coming out with some new scents in a few weeks after my Disney Vacation and will be offering a Sampler gift basket which is very exciting!
I will be on vacation from sept 1st-10th and will update the site with more information.
If you have any other questions or concerns please let me know.

Have a Magical day!

Tiffany
Vacation Scents

I LOVE :love: my candles and I hate that I can't order anymore!!! I was planning to be a regular customer. I prefer candles to tarts...oh well....

DisneyVacationScents
08-18-2007, 06:32 PM
I am so sorry everyone.
I am hoping I will be able to offer them again in the future once I work out some kinks.

TIAMOMMA
08-18-2007, 06:35 PM
I am so sorry everyone.
I am hoping I will be able to offer them again in the future once I work out some kinks.

You know we'll all be waiting with bated breath. I hope the kinks get worked out - it seems like you have quite a following! :minnie: :mickey:

bs4free
08-18-2007, 07:00 PM
You know we'll all be waiting with bated breath. I hope the kinks get worked out - it seems like you have quite a following! :minnie: :mickey:

I too will be waiting was hopeing to order when i returned from disney mid september, after i saw the damage i did, and needed those disney scents to relax!

Well i will need to get a tart burner and order the tarts then,

BTW how bad whould the shipping be for ups or fedex? could then handle the package better?

Mom2aPrincess
08-18-2007, 07:22 PM
I too will be waiting was hopeing to order when i returned from disney mid september, after i saw the damage i did, and needed those disney scents to relax!

Well i will need to get a tart burner and order the tarts then,

BTW how bad whould the shipping be for ups or fedex? could then handle the package better?

We think alike...I headed over here to post that I'd look into what it would cost for other shipping methods and maybe bubble wrap instead of newspaper? Not sure what's happening as mine arrived in perfect shape. But for what it's worth, I'd pay a little more for a "better" shipping method whatever that worked out to be.

I haven't ever been real big on the tarts (but never tried an electric one...looks like I need to check out Cindy's site and go shopping...:rotfl: )

mjjmbnmm
08-19-2007, 12:26 AM
how do the tart burners work

sunshinecindy
08-19-2007, 09:02 AM
how do the tart burners work

My tart burners have a light bulb in the bottom that heats up the tarts. It also has a dimmer switch so you can use them as a night light. I turn my down at night and back up in the morning. I have had a couple of them on in my house since February and i love them.

zane_anthony
08-22-2007, 04:25 PM
Has anyone heard from her? I placed an order for tarts awhile back and I got an email saying it would take a little longer but I still haven't received them. I went to her website to go on and place another order and everything shows out of stock :confused:

TIAMOMMA
08-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Has anyone heard from her? I placed an order for tarts awhile back and I got an email saying it would take a little longer but I still haven't received them. I went to her website to go on and place another order and everything shows out of stock :confused:

I got that email last week also. I emailed her and I believe she said they should ship out today or tomorrow. You can always email her - she's great about responding.

mjjmbnmm
08-23-2007, 12:21 AM
does anyone know how often she restocks?

wdwhereicome
11-27-2007, 06:06 AM
Has anyone been able to order tarts from her in awhile? I've never been able to and I really want to get some for a friend for Christmas?