PDA

View Full Version : Paypal Cashout Question

photos_101
07-18-2007, 10:06 AM
Anyone else waiting on Paypal Payment? I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it was taking to get paid via paypal? I cashed out on July 14th but with all the new rules I wasn't sure If it was still taking a while to process them. I usually cashout for Gift Cards, But vacation is in 5 days!! :cooldance: Sooo, I am getting a little excited about going (and I haven't even started packing yet) and nervous that I maybe should have cashed out sooner. Thanks for the help and now I am off to do some packing!!

SunshineGirl
07-18-2007, 10:12 AM
I've been working through them. We got two more fraud notifications yesterday for people who had cashed out through paypal. <sigh>

I know that it would upset some of our members, but I am seriously considering doing away with the Paypal cashouts. We don't see TOO much fraud on our site, but about 90% of it is in the paypal cashouts. And paypal only compromises about 10% of our cashouts. We may have to start getting a photo ID on every person that does an electronic cashout. :(

Email me real quick your SR email address and I will push yours through this morning.

photos_101
07-18-2007, 10:48 AM
Thanks Tricia!! I will send that info right out to you. I am sorry to be such a pain. I understand how the Paypal cashout can be such a problem for you. I know that you will do what you need to do to keep Sunshine Rewards a great place for you and for us! Thanks for everything you do and Everytime we use a Disney Gift Card you will here me yell "Thank You Sunshine!" I just hope people don't think I am too crazy!! You all at Sunshine have made this a Disney Vacation to remember for my kids!! Now I really am going to pack....really I am....okay I will after I fix me a Diet Coke. :sunshine:

penn19
07-21-2007, 10:36 PM
I have a Paypal cashout question. I just took my first cashout, and I did it through Paypal. The money is in my Paypal account but there was over $2 taken out of the total. It was the "fee" from Paypal. Like if someone was paying you for an ebay item they won and Paypal takes there cut. I do Pinecone and they pay $5 via Paypal and there is never a transaction fee. This seems strange. I looked and didn't see it written anywhere that this is what is done. I would have just taken a gift card if I had known that I was going to lose money.:(

SunshineGirl
07-22-2007, 08:19 AM
We have it set up on our end so that we pay cash so there are not any credit card fees. But maybe because you have a sellers account they take out the fees? I'm not sure because I don't usually hear that.

penn19
07-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Tricia,

Thanks for answering my question. I do in fact have my Paypal account as my sellers account (I sell on Ebay). There is a way that I can refund the money back to you, is there anyway that you would take the payment back and then I can do a gift card? I have refunded money through Paypal before (with ebay) and there is no fee associated with it.

SunshineGirl
07-22-2007, 09:43 AM
Sure thing!

savedbygrace
07-24-2007, 08:31 PM
I cashed out Friday, but haven't been paid yet. One thing I suppose I should've asked was... when I went to cash out, it let me cash out for the entire balance I had in my account. Now, I see things about no paypal cashout for certain offers. How do I know if I had done one of those? Would it not have let me cash out for whole amount? I honestly don't remember as it's been quite a while since I've done most of the offers in my account. (My acct starts with catt_eyes if that helps.)

Thanks! :)
Joannie

jnorth1007
07-24-2007, 08:38 PM
Paypal cashouts are not paid immediately. If you cashout by the 15th of the month then you will be by on the 1st of the next month. If you cash out between the 15th and the last day of the month you will be paid on the 15th of the next month. If you had any credits that could not be cashed out by Pay Pal then it would not have let you cashout the whole amount. Since it let you then you didn't have any that were held.

savedbygrace
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, if that's the case, then someone seriously needs to update the cashout page where it says that paypal cashouts will be paid or processed or whatever within 3 days. The credits I'm trying to cash out were earned before June 15th, so there shouldn't be any type of hold on them if I'm not mistaken. This is the first time I've cashed out for paypal, and now I'm wondering if I should've just cashed out for something else. lol

Thanks for your reply! :)

jnorth1007
07-24-2007, 10:01 PM
Starting July 1st Paypal payouts only go out twice a month. This was a change that had to made to please the advertisers and keep from losing offers. All Paypal payouts will be done on or about the 1st of the month or the 16th of the month depending on when you cashout. The offers that are held have nothing to do with when you recieve payouts because you cant cashout for something that is on hold. Regardless of whether or not the offers were done last month all paypal payouts are done on the 1st and the 16th. I can't access the paypal page because I dont have an account linked but I will let Tricia know that there needs to be some clarification. Thanks!

SunshineGirl
07-24-2007, 10:23 PM
Well, if that's the case, then someone seriously needs to update the cashout page where it says that paypal cashouts will be paid or processed or whatever within 3 days. The credits I'm trying to cash out were earned before June 15th, so there shouldn't be any type of hold on them if I'm not mistaken. This is the first time I've cashed out for paypal, and now I'm wondering if I should've just cashed out for something else. lol

Thanks for your reply! :)

Thanks for letting me know about this. I apologize that we missed the confirmation page when we made the changes everywhere else on the site. It all happened pretty quickly as a result of our advertisers' warnings that sites that pay out too quickly could lose all of their offers.

ItsmeSunnyV
07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Starting July 1st Paypal payouts only go out twice a month. This was a change that had to made to please the advertisers and keep from losing offers. All Paypal payouts will be done on or about the 1st of the month or the 16th of the month depending on when you cashout. The offers that are held have nothing to do with when you recieve payouts because you cant cashout for something that is on hold. Regardless of whether or not the offers were done last month all paypal payouts are done on the 1st and the 16th. I can't access the paypal page because I dont have an account linked but I will let Tricia know that there needs to be some clarification. Thanks!

If we cash out on the 1st of August, and it's mainly free surveys, and shopping. I believe I only have one sign up, when do you think I would have it in my paypal acct? :confused:

jnorth1007
07-25-2007, 08:15 AM
Any cashouts from 8/1-8/15 should be in your account by 8/17. There are only two times of the month they could be there, the 1st or there abouts and the 15-17th or there abouts. Depending on how long it takes Tricia to do them and verify them.