PDA

View Full Version : Have You Dined Here?

LuvMyBoys
07-18-2007, 11:17 AM
Our September trip is quickly approaching!! :love: I'm so excited but also a little nervous. I am second guessing some of our TS choices.

Can anyone give a review of Yacht Club Galley for dinner?

Also, I saw something on a disboards dining report that seemed to indicate that some changes have been made at WCC as far as dinner goes. Specifically she mentioned peel-n-eat shrimp on the skillet and lackluster nachos on the appetizer list. But I cannot find anything else about that.

Anyone want to give info or a review on WCC dinner?

THANKS!!

Pooh's Pal
07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
I've only eaten lunch there.....twice in one trip, but it was a few years ago.
I was staying at Beach Club Villas (during a trip for my big 5o birthday with 7 of my bestest girlfriends) and we had lunch there...came in from the pool.

I remember most of us having great salads & big burgers for lunch, all were delicious and we all commented on how great it was, enough so that we went back for lunch on another day during that same trip, but sorry I've not been there for dinner.

Are you on the DDP? It's a 1 table service now right, so there are many other places you could change to if you'd like...but don't cancel your reservation till you've secured another..especially during the free dining time!! What other dinner ADR's have you made??

LuvMyBoys
07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Yeah, we're doing the DDP and I made the reservations back in April. We just want to try some new places, and the places have to be kid friendly. I also don't like to do TS meals in the parks b/c of the amount of time they take up.

We are also going to Ohana for breakfast and Ohana for dinner. We've been to Kona, Spoodles, and Le Cellier.

The boys are really excited about trying the chocolate puzzle at Yacht Club Galley and they are VERY excited about WCC. They all want the skillet so they can "eat like cowboys" :rotfl:

kimntrent
07-18-2007, 12:37 PM
WCC is amazing. Do the bottomless milkshake.
________
H2R (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/BMW_H2R)

Magical JenK
07-18-2007, 12:41 PM
LuvMyBoys-We'll be there in September too (4th-15th, how about you?)! And I totally hear you about second guessing your TS ADRs!! I know I have changed a few & came here looking for help too!

We went to WCC for dinner last year & loved it! We'll be going again this year. I haven't heard anything about the changes though. I did have the skillet last year, but there wasn't any shrimp on it? So not sure what DISer meant. I also didn't have the nachos & I'm a big fan of nachos, but I figured I could get those elsewhere out of the World, so we tried "different" foods you know!

The atmosphere was so fun! We recommended it to SIL & her family (ages 4 & 5) when they went last year & they loved it too!

I haven't been to the Yacht Club Gallery, so I can't speak to that..sorry!

LuvMyBoys
07-18-2007, 01:21 PM
LuvMyBoys-We'll be there in September too (4th-15th, how about you?)! And I totally hear you about second guessing your TS ADRs!! I know I have changed a few & came here looking for help too!

I guess I'm over-thinking it on the TS credits!! I just want them all to be good, and I'm sure they will be :)

We are going down on the 19th, we just miss you :( I'm really hoping for nice weather and no lovebugs!! If those two things work out, I'll be very happy!! :)

WCC sounds like fun, I can't wait to take all of my little cowboys!

Magical JenK
07-18-2007, 02:01 PM
I think it's just our nature to over think them!! Dang that Disney for giving us magic!! Last week I was doing the same thing & today I'm ok with it. For me, it just doesn't "feel" right if I'm not planning something & we're getting so close that I needed to find something to re-plan appartently! :0)

All your food will be great I'm sure!! You'll be in Disney afterall!!

Yes, by the time you get there I'll be crying at home wishing I was back!!

LuvMyBoys
07-18-2007, 02:10 PM
My trip in May with my mom and sisters kind of made me worse! We planned every little detail and then when we got there we encountered a few menu changes (the new Le Cel menu) and some restrictions (at Japanese CS in Epcot). There was no way to know about either of them (the info wasn't up to date on the dis or allears yet).

Now I know that I have to just let it go and "roll with the changes" as they happen. That's a little hard for me though as it is completely against my nature. :)

I'm a nerdy, over planning, goody two shoes. I know that and I embrace it :rotfl:

lisaoh
07-19-2007, 10:58 AM
We loved the WCC! My son participated in the pony race. The food was great. My husband got the the skillet. I got a sandwich and could only eat half of it.

LuvMyBoys
07-19-2007, 11:02 AM
We loved the WCC! My son participated in the pony race. The food was great. My husband got the the skillet. I got a sandwich and could only eat half of it.

Thanks for the review! I can't wait to take my boys there. They've seen the pictures of the inside and think it looks really cool. I hope they have the pony races and stuff when we go! :)

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 12:00 PM

We went to WCC for dinner last year & loved it! We'll be going again this year. I haven't heard anything about the changes though. I did have the skillet last year, but there wasn't any shrimp on it? So not sure what DISer meant. I also didn't have the nachos & I'm a big fan of nachos, but I figured I could get those elsewhere out of the World, so we tried "different" foods you know!

The atmosphere was so fun! We recommended it to SIL & her family (ages 4 & 5) when they went last year & they loved it too!

I haven't been to the Yacht Club Gallery, so I can't speak to that..sorry!

Just wanted to let everyone heading to WCC in the near future know that the menu has indeed changed. You can find the new menu now on Allears. :)

VickiB79
07-24-2007, 07:08 PM
Oh gee I only just noticed this thread ... wanted to say that although it was some time ago, I did have dinner at the Yacht Club Galley a couple of times and it was very good. I seem to remember some kind of prime rib or french dip sandwich. My favorite though was "Beaches and Cream" at the Beach Club -- excellent burgers, fries and shakes. The place I did not like because I thought it was too expensive for the food, which wasn't even very good, and the "experience" as a whole was disappointing, was the restaurant that is set up like a drive-in in MGM. I don't tend to like to eat at the places that require reservations. My big exception is the Japanese restaurant in Epcot with the cooking tables, because you get to sit with and meet people from all over. My apologies if this info is outdated ... it's been a while ... but I hope to get back there some day. (Well, actually, if I ever hit it big on the lottery, I would like to live there.......) *hugs* to all -- VickiB79

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 07:40 PM
Oh gee I only just noticed this thread ... wanted to say that although it was some time ago, I did have dinner at the Yacht Club Galley a couple of times and it was very good. I seem to remember some kind of prime rib or french dip sandwich. My favorite though was "Beaches and Cream" at the Beach Club -- excellent burgers, fries and shakes. The place I did not like because I thought it was too expensive for the food, which wasn't even very good, and the "experience" as a whole was disappointing, was the restaurant that is set up like a drive-in in MGM. I don't tend to like to eat at the places that require reservations. My big exception is the Japanese restaurant in Epcot with the cooking tables, because you get to sit with and meet people from all over. My apologies if this info is outdated ... it's been a while ... but I hope to get back there some day. (Well, actually, if I ever hit it big on the lottery, I would like to live there.......) *hugs* to all -- VickiB79

Thanks for the feedback, I think I know the sandwich you are talking about. I was thinking about getting that! :) It's good to hear a good review.

VickiB79
07-24-2007, 07:44 PM
I'm happy to know that my thoughts weren't too late and weren't outdated! I just remembered that on my last visit, when the Animal PArk was new (dating myself here lol), we liked a little hamburg stand that was a little bit off the beaten path. Not impossible to find, but not in the middle of everything. The prices were reasonable with good food and good sized portions.