PDA

View Full Version : The New WW Thread

m 'n c
07-18-2007, 03:15 PM
I thought I'd start the WW thread fresh and we can just keep it going without clogging up the boards each week.

I'll start. I had my first weigh in today at lunch. I had a .6 lb loss. So not exactly what I was envisioning but its better than nothing or a gain. Too bad I can't get rid of the decimal and have a 6 lb loss! :rotfl:

So last week I made it to the gym 3 days and then went out to eat Fri - Sun for at least one meal and then again last night. My goal for this week is to cut down on the eating out and get that gym time up some. I want a full pound next week. My main obstacle will be going to visit my bf's family this weekend and eating Vietnamese food. Its so yummy but so salty and bad for you.

Who's next?

SunshineGirl
07-18-2007, 03:17 PM
I was actually going to put up a whole WW forum section for all of us. LOL! I'll get to that sometime today or tomorrow. That way we can have a recipes section, an exercise section, a motivation section, etc.

And my fruited chops are in the crock pot as we speak. :)

TXMouseChaser
07-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh a WW forum section will be great! I just joined and will weigh in for the first time tomorrow.... I am scared of the scale.. LOL!

sammielynn
07-18-2007, 03:29 PM
From your picture you don't look like you need to lose much. You look marvelous! Good luck anyway.

mseg16222
07-18-2007, 03:44 PM
Yeah....I have a least 10lbs more pounds that I can lose (but I need to lose more) before our Universal trip in August. Love WW

wilsonfamily4
07-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Okay I am in! About a year and a half ago I did WW online but kind of fell of that wagon. I never gained any back but I seem to have hit a plateau that I haven't worked hard enough to get over. So you guys can help me! I need to lose about 20 pounds though I would really be thrilled with 10 more. I have a pair of jeans from before my 2 children and I REALLY want to get back into them someday. They were the only ones my husband ever commented on. Don't get me wrong he is a WONDERFUL hubby but not big in compliments so I remember them for life. :)

So I will start to watch my calories and get back on that bike. I will also list my weight as of today so I can stay very accountable to you all. OKAY? Today I am 153. I will post my weight in one week too.

m 'n c
07-18-2007, 05:47 PM
From your picture you don't look like you need to lose much. You look marvelous! Good luck anyway.

Thank you. Unfortunately that picture was from last Sept and I have since had 1 entire busy season and gained 10 more pounds :( Its more about my clothes fitting again rather than the actual losing of a lot of weight.

PSL1013
07-18-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh my..I NEED to do this but I have no motivation! I did lose 30lbs. with WW about 5 years ago and I put it all back on and then some....I have all the cookbooks and all the other stuff from going to the meetings but I just can't get myself in a place where I can do this again. Maybe this will give me the incentive that I need? :angel:

wilsonfamily4
07-18-2007, 10:22 PM
Oh my..I NEED to do this but I have no motivation! I did lose 30lbs. with WW about 5 years ago and I put it all back on and then some....I have all the cookbooks and all the other stuff from going to the meetings but I just can't get myself in a place where I can do this again. Maybe this will give me the incentive that I need? :angel:

You can help me and I will help you. I have like NO motivation to excercise so i am hoping that this will help me. We can all share great recipes make sure we all are all excercising, etc. It will be as much fun as we can make it. :)

PSL1013
07-18-2007, 10:44 PM
You can help me and I will help you. I have like NO motivation to excercise so i am hoping that this will help me. We can all share great recipes make sure we all are all excercising, etc. It will be as much fun as we can make it. :)

DEAL!! I can get myself motivated to get on my treadmill, usually with not too much effort....it's the EATING that I have a hard time with, I love food! :eat: :rotfl:

m 'n c
07-18-2007, 11:45 PM
DEAL!! I can get myself motivated to get on my treadmill, usually with not too much effort....it's the EATING that I have a hard time with, I love food! :eat: :rotfl:

I love food too but I have a collection of recipes I"m more than happy to share. I'll keep posting my recipes for yall. Until then definetly check out the crockpot thread for some WW friendly recipes. :)

MamaO
07-19-2007, 12:47 AM
Another WW here - so glad this got started. I joined 3 years ago at work, lost 25 lbs and then we didn't have enough people to keep it going after the first session. Maintained OK on my own for awhile but didn't lose anymore, either, and then started putting the pounds back on.
Tried online WW last fall and lost close to 20 before DS's wedding in May, but it's been all downhill since! So I was very glad when we got the WW At Work going again last week.
Weighed in yesterday and was doing fine until I caved with a box of Jujubes tonight!! Oh well - tomorrow's a new day again!

3dog2kidmom
07-19-2007, 07:55 AM
I am in too! Starting Tuesday, that is. I'm off tonight for a girls' weekend in Chicago and I need to get back in the swing of things.

I lost 75# with WW in 2000-2001, and I'm ashamed to say I've gained it all back. I love to eat and I hate to exercise... not a good combo! But I feel like I know the WW program pretty well and really do like it. So add me to the list. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and finding new recipes and ways to get fit.

Thanks for starting this!

mseg16222
07-19-2007, 08:14 AM
I did WW and lost over 80lbs in 04-05. Well I have gained 50lbs of it back. I have been trying to start back up again but it hasn't gone so well. So I am looking forward to having some support. Especially some new recipes and ideas. So Monday morning is when I will be starting. I need to go to the store this week and stock up on some healthy food.

Magical JenK
07-19-2007, 09:30 AM
I love WW! Thanks for starting this! Motivation is key isn't it?! It sucks sometimes! I'm your typical yo-yo'er, but in November 2005 I decided I was done & that would be my last first day at WW (yes, I had joined a few times before & had been sucessful, but always fell back into my "free day" rut) and that I wouldn't (no matter what) quit this time. I'd make Lifetime if it meant it would take forever. And while I'm still not at goal, I'm keeping off about 30 lbs since I started, but I know I want to lose 15-20 more...it's just hard to get motivated.

Here's a story that really made me determined to not quit...At one of my first meetings I was sharing about how I had joined before but that I had told myself I wasn't going to quit & everyone was happy for me, blah, blah blah & I felt good. I felt wanted. But there was an awful woman in the meeting who said what kept her going (she was Lifetime for many years now & just in town visiting her daughter for Thanksgiving) was people like that young lady over there (errr...me?!, yes she's pointing directly at me!!). She never wanted to say she joined numerous times because it would be too embarassing.

Well, let me tell you at first I was kinda surprised & in shock & then I got really mad. But the leader was so great, she says, "well, glad that works for you, but just so YOU know there are many more members like that young lady over there (yes, again directing everyone in the room to me!!) than you."

That's my motivation, to show that lady that I've never seen since that I'm not a quitter! Isn't it funny how a perfect stranger change change your life?

Ok, now everyone get your water for the day & think of WW recipes to post! I'll do some tonight when I get home!

wilsonfamily4
07-19-2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, now everyone get your water for the day & think of WW recipes to post! I'll do some tonight when I get home!

Your story was great. :)
I am off to get my water bottle. I will drink only water today except for the one coffee drink I have had planned. No pop no juice!

I do not have time for any excercise today but I will tomorrow. REALLY! :)

Magical JenK
07-19-2007, 10:34 AM
Your story was great. :)
I am off to get my water bottle. I will drink only water today except for the one coffee drink I have had planned. No pop no juice!

I do not have time for any excercise today but I will tomorrow. REALLY! :)

TOTALLY OT but....Pop! Pop! Pop! I love that you say pop too! Many people don't know pop! We have a lot of interns right now & they don't know pop!? :confused: I did a survey last night & it kept asking me about "soft drinks" & I smiled & said you mean pop! :sunshine:

Ok, added to edit: what a funny looking word "pop" is!

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:06 PM
What a rude lady. I'm glad you found the motivation not to quit Jen. I'm hoping for that same motivation. I'm hoping that the idea of paying $40 a month will do it for me because I want to make Lifetime so I can quit paying that!!

Its funny. I didn't bring a bottle of water to work because I left one here last night and the cleaning ladies threw it out. I find that when I have a bottle of water it warms up faster than cups of water so I drink more via a bottle than a cup. I'm still on my first 16 oz cup and its lunch time!! I need to get moving on this. I also find that the bigger the bottle is the more I drink since I need to "finish" my water.

Ok off to dig up recipes that I have tried and liked. I will begin a new thread for non crockpot recipes and then we can do a crockpot recipe thread as well for those crockpotters out there.

wilsonfamily4
07-19-2007, 08:49 PM
OKay this is harder then I thought. I totally forgot I was going to drink better and did an unplanned McDonalds stop with friends and kids and had "POP!" I WILL get this down. The more I discuss it the more I can remember.

mseg16222
07-19-2007, 09:12 PM
TOTALLY OT but....Pop! Pop! Pop! I love that you say pop too! Many people don't know pop! We have a lot of interns right now & they don't know pop!? :confused: I did a survey last night & it kept asking me about "soft drinks" & I smiled & said you mean pop! :sunshine:

Ok, added to edit: what a funny looking word "pop" is!

When I was working as an assistant manager at CVS pharmacy in VA I said to the stockers to go set the pop display. They all stared at me...I asked what the problem was and they asked what was pop...LOL

wilsonfamily4
07-19-2007, 09:53 PM
I was thinking about this. :) I am okay if they say soda. BUT DO NOT say coke or cola because I am a PEPSI diehard. :)

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 10:06 PM
haha. I'm a "coke" sayer, my bf says soda, and my grandparents use pop. You are more than welcome to the pepsi -> way too sweet for me. I prefer coke.

Magical JenK
07-19-2007, 10:47 PM
Glad the rest of you didn't think I was too OT!! I'm a diet coke girl myself, every morning I've got to have my diet coke or I just can't function! MN people tend use pop, WI people tend to use soda being close to the border there is some soda pop usage which I just think is fun.

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 09:07 AM
I need some reinforcement this morning. I am about to leave for work and its chik-fil-A breakfast day. I do not need a 9 point chicken biscuit or 8 point chicken mini's (you get 4 though for 8 pts). Must stay strong!!!

Magical JenK
07-20-2007, 09:14 AM
I need some reinforcement this morning. I am about to leave for work and its chik-fil-A breakfast day. I do not need a 9 point chicken biscuit or 8 point chicken mini's (you get 4 though for 8 pts). Must stay strong!!!

Ok, here you go....my best attempt because I hear your pain.....don't go. Take the money you would have spent on breakfast & put it towards your $40/mo at WW. Or better yet, take that money & save it for Disney!! :mickey:

Does that help?? I'm off to get water, pop :p & a yogurt because I forgot mine this morning! Good luck & you can do it!

SunshineGirl
07-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Water! Water! Water!

That's my chant for the day.

Must drink more water!!

m 'n c
07-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Thanks yall. I am drinking my water and trying to stay away. I had 1 chicken mini which was 2 points because my oatmeal this morning was old and clumpy and not very good. The hard thing is that we order this for the client and have it delivered to the office and keep some in our conference room. Its just staring at me going "eat me".

wilsonfamily4
07-20-2007, 11:53 AM
You can do it!!

Last night it was late and I was on here and I got up and went to the pantry and was trying to figure what I wanted. Then I thought of you guys and I went and set back down. No need to eat that late!!

I will DRINK MORE WATER today and try to get time on the bike.

Soccer Princess
08-01-2007, 10:15 PM
Okay... does flavored water count as reg. water? It's no worse for you right? 0 calories, fat, sugars, carbs, sodium...

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Okay... does flavored water count as reg. water? It's no worse for you right? 0 calories, fat, sugars, carbs, sodium...

I think the official rule is 1/2 your water can come from flavored water or crystal light/sugar free kool aid.