PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Guys!!!

ItsmeSunnyV
07-18-2007, 09:44 PM
Okay, Im not going to go into too much detail, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been going through some Major drama in my "real" life. And you silly gals dont even know how much you all have helped me out by not having to think about it. I have been able to come on these boards, and laugh so hard with you all in the past weeks, that I cannot even thank you enough for cheering me up and helping me forget just for a little while what is going on in reality. Thanks Girls!! :hugs:
:heart:,Veronica

jnorth1007
07-18-2007, 09:46 PM
Awwwwww Veronica we love you!!!! :heart: :hugs:

SunshineGirl
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
I'm glad that you could find a fun home with us! We are definitely "silly." I can't even really explain to people what SR means to me anymore. It's not a job. It's not even my business. It's become like a little world of friends and fun. I'm so thankful for all of you! And the fact that we can help each other out through hard times just makes it all the more special.

chocovrdmicears
07-18-2007, 10:09 PM
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Soccer Princess
07-18-2007, 10:13 PM
Glad SR is brightening your day haha. Seriously though, hugs! :)

wilsonfamily4
07-18-2007, 10:17 PM
What?!!?!?! we are not "real world" :)
I know what you mean about making firends here. When I went through an unwanted pregnancy (my husband had had a vasectomy we never checked) and then the miscarriage I went to the disboards and it was so nice to be able to talk to people with a little distance. You can become real friends with people just through the web. I hope we can help you as much as the web can allow. Lots and lots of hugs

Shopping Friday may help!!

JillyFish
07-18-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm glad that you could find a fun home with us! We are definitely "silly." I can't even really explain to people what SR means to me anymore. It's not a job. It's not even my business. It's become like a little world of friends and fun. I'm so thankful for all of you! And the fact that we can help each other out through hard times just makes it all the more special.

I SO know what you mean! My husband just doesn't "get" why I want to sit at the computer so much just to earn a few cents....even though I've earned WAY more than that. I sometimes feel kind of isolated at home because of my kids and their needs. But I feel like I've made a bunch of new friends and I can still have fun even if I'm "stuck" at home. I'm really thankful for that in my life right now!

So thanks Tricia!!! :thanks:

And hugs to you Veronica!!! :hugs:

disneynut
07-18-2007, 11:23 PM
Hugs to you. :hugs: It is nice to speak to other people, besides the everyday kids, husband and IN LAWS who live across the street.......... I love this board and you will not catch me posting on other boards. I always said I would never do that. Well look at me now. Everyone here is so nice and friendly... Not judgmental, willing to help and very caring. Did I say I love it here?????:love: :sunshine:
Just remember that whatever your problem is at this time, it will eventually go away and we will still be here..:cooldance:

m 'n c
07-18-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm glad you've found "friends" on here. My bf doesn't understand my constant need to be on here or the Dis either but its nice to come here and hang out with yall when I'm down. I'm still trying to adjust to moving so far away from home and without very many friends and coming here helps. :)

llgray16
07-18-2007, 11:33 PM
Glad you could find a little :sunshine: here!

I hope that thing get better for you soon.

sunshinecindy
07-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Everyone here knows exactly what you mean. We all have those unpleasant things in our lives we like to escape from, and here, well, you not only escape, but you do it with friends. And, it seems our men just don't get it...but then, do we really expect them to, after all, they are just men.
Hope all goes well, and glad we could be of some comfort in our own little forum way.

ItsmeSunnyV
07-18-2007, 11:44 PM
:) That is exactly what I mean....Thanks girls for all your kind words.:)

arob414
07-18-2007, 11:50 PM
This board has quickly become an addiction for me. I end up staying up late when I know I need to go to bed but everyone is so nice and funny.

And, it is nice to come somewhere where people understand my excitement over earning $1.65/day. :sunshine: My friends, at work, just nod their heads and try to act like they get it. But, they don't.

And, a big :hugs: to you and hope life gets a little less dramatic, soon.

tommygirl79
07-18-2007, 11:58 PM
I second everything everyone has said here...I can't explain it to anyone either, Tricia! No one totally understands the many facets that SR is to me and how quickly since you've brought this forum that it has become my home-away-from-the-DIS home to me in my time on the computer.

Hugs to you!!! I hope you continue to find your much needed "vacation" from the world! :hugs:

Lisaj68
07-19-2007, 12:05 AM
Yep! Ditto!

Between this board and a certain thread on the DIS, I feel like I have a really cool bunch of internet friends! :hugs:

As a matter of fact, a bunch of us on the DIS are having a meet in Toledo, Ohio next month!!

Now on the other hand, isn't it easy to see why 14 y.o. girls are easy prey to preditors!!! Everyone on the computer is so darn nice!!!! :eek:

wilsonfamily4
07-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Yep! Ditto!

Between this board and a certain thread on the DIS, I feel like I have a really cool bunch of internet friends! :hugs:

As a matter of fact, a bunch of us on the DIS are having a meet in Toledo, Ohio next month!!

Now on the other hand, isn't it easy to see why 14 y.o. girls are easy prey to preditors!!! Everyone on the computer is so darn nice!!!! :eek:

Okay I have to tell you this is exactly what my husband tells me. I try to talk to him about my friends here and every once in awhile he tells me that you guys may not be real. You could be a preditor. :) I laugh at him. He doesn't realize how real we can be with each other here. I love this board.

Magical JenK
07-19-2007, 12:41 AM
This board has quickly become an addiction for me. I end up staying up late when I know I need to go to bed but everyone is so nice and funny.

Yes, I second this! I mean, here I am working on 4 hours of sleeping, finally getting home at 11pm from helping a friend set up for a garage sale & do I get ready for bed? No, first I check to see if anything credited in my SR account & then I come here to see what I missed tonight!

But I do think I have to admit I have "skewed" my view of things differently....for example, since I started doing SR I look at pennies/small change/coinage/etc in a very different way....so different in fact, that all my items I priced for the garage sale (which I stayed up until 130am doing) I had to re-price today!! I mean, what's wrong w/asking for $0.10 for a brand new pair of $28 pants?! I'd be thrilled to get $0.10 in my SR!! But my friend just looked at me like I was crazy! Oh well. It's done.

Thanks for listening & being there for me! I'm glad I've found all of you! :hugs:

arob414
07-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Okay I have to tell you this is exactly what my husband tells me. I try to talk to him about my friends here and every once in awhile he tells me that you guys may not be real. You could be a preditor. :) I laugh at him. He doesn't realize how real we can be with each other here. I love this board.

Okay, I know I am real. :rotfl: How about the rest of ya'll?

llgray16
07-19-2007, 06:52 AM
Okay, I know I am real. :rotfl: How about the rest of ya'll?

Nope, I'm a stalker. :rotfl: Just a stalker who likes to earn extra $$$ to give to :mickey:

jl8595
07-19-2007, 07:08 AM
Nope, I'm a stalker. :rotfl: Just a stalker who likes to earn extra $$$ to give to :mickey:

Darn it!! I'm not the only stalker on here?! :rotfl:

(pinch, pinch...yup...I'm real!!!)

JillyFish
07-19-2007, 08:16 AM
Well, a few of us have been accused of being stalkers! :eek:

Yep, it's pretty scary that we know that Tricia's favorite movie is Grease!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

sunshinemckenzie
07-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Yep! Ditto!

Wow, your kidding...I live an hour from Toledo. Just a lil south of Defiance. That's too cool, I thought I was the only one from my neck of the woods who knew and understaood SR and DIS!:rotfl:

wisconsinmom
07-19-2007, 08:47 AM
I agree, this site is great. We all love earning the $ but SR is more than just that!:heart:

sammielynn
07-19-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm real, very real and the pain in my neck from sleeping wrong proves it! I to am guilty of spending way to much time on SR and the Forum. Who knew that I would be excited over small change. I think it is the thrill of the hunt! I really have to get some work done today, played her way to much yesterday.

arob414
07-19-2007, 09:10 AM
Well, a few of us have been accused of being stalkers! :eek:

Yep, it's pretty scary that we know that Tricia's favorite movie is Grease!!!
:rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh, my gosh!! Tricia you have so much in common with my DD12. She just discoverd Grease, this past month and watched it something like 17 time in a wk and a half. Her and DD9 have a Grease song to go with every situation and sing the songs ALL the time. They are driving her nuts. Go Greased Lightening!!!:rotfl:

PSL1013
07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
I love coming here in the morning with my cup of coffee..... and staying until bedtime :rotfl: checking and re-checking! No one but the ones here would understand the thrill of finding a few cents credited in our accounts! There are worse addictions! :angel:

mmiller711
07-19-2007, 09:23 AM
Another one here who's DH just does not understand the penny thing. lol
I take care of my mom who has some serious health problems and can't leave the house without getting a sitter and finding a sitter for an 84 yearold who does not trust anyone is not so easy. My computer is my link to the outside world and all of you! I do get to go to Disney with my kids and grandkids next week!!! I am so looking forward to this vacation!!!!!:sunshine2:

Lisaj68
07-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Wow, your kidding...I live an hour from Toledo. Just a lil south of Defiance. That's too cool, I thought I was the only one from my neck of the woods who knew and understaood SR and DIS!:rotfl:

No, you are not the only one!!! Now, I don't know if these other disers know SR.....we usually just talk about sewing!!

abcboys
07-19-2007, 10:23 PM
My husband does not understand either. I tell him look honey, I have such and such in my sunshine account. And he's like wow.
Tonight he comes home and I tell him I won a contest on the internet and I won a $25 gift card and he thinks its a joke. I tell him I am smart enough not to fall for fake stuff and that this is real. He's still like "yeah right". I don't actually have it yet but when I do that'll show him!!!

sselig2000
07-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I am going to keep it short, since I don't post a whole lot and none of you know me ( don't want you to think I am a stalker):) But, long long story short, I recently found myself having to move in with an elderly relative and become a "caregiver" It is 30 miles from my home, so most of the time, my family sleeps in town, and I do not. I miss my family, my house, my life. But I have internet and therefore I have SR. And despite the fact that I don't post much, you guys are the only thing getting me through it. Thanks

LuvMyBoys
07-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I am going to keep it short, since I don't post a whole lot and none of you know me ( don't want you to think I am a stalker):) But, long long story short, I recently found myself having to move in with an elderly relative and become a "caregiver" It is 30 miles from my home, so most of the time, my family sleeps in town, and I do not. I miss my family, my house, my life. But I have internet and therefore I have SR. And despite the fact that I don't post much, you guys are the only thing getting me through it. Thanks

Welcome to the forum :welcome:

It's nice to know that there's a fun place with good people that we can escape to, no matter what is going on in our "real" lives! :)

Big :hugs: to you for being a caregiver for your elderly relative, I know that's one of the most challenging jobs out there.

wilsonfamily4
07-20-2007, 01:13 PM

Being a caregiver has to be one of the hardest jobs and I really admire people like you. I am glad you have somewhere to come and escape and feel connected. :hugs:

ItsmeSunnyV
07-20-2007, 01:32 PM

Well...why you so quiet then? Jump Right in, and believe me, when you join the conversations it's so much more fun. LOL. Im glad you were able to find a little comfort zone with us here, I know thats exactly what it is for me. At one point we were all new, and now look at us, were a loud, rowdy buncha gals who all come to the same place to have some fun, and earn a little dough while doing so. And if we ever get outta hand, dont worry, either CINDY or JANET will be here to put ya in your place. LOL CIndy will just be straight out with you, and Janet, well you gotta avoid that one, SHE MAKES YOU CLEAN!!! :sick: :rotfl: WELCOME!
Veronica

wdwabby
07-20-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, Im not going to go into too much detail, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I have been going through some Major drama in my "real" life. And you silly gals dont even know how much you all have helped me out by not having to think about it. I have been able to come on these boards, and laugh so hard with you all in the past weeks, that I cannot even thank you enough for cheering me up and helping me forget just for a little while what is going on in reality. Thanks Girls!! :hugs:
:heart:,Veronica

I know I'm new-ish around here still, but it's a lot of fun being here. I'm sorry that you're going through some not-so-great points, but am glad that we're able to help.

humor and sarcasm is just one of the many services we provide :p

there really is a great sense of community over here, I'm so glad I found SR:sunshine:

docsmom
07-20-2007, 02:13 PM
This really is a special place. :hugs: I have been housebound this week after knee surgery. Watching those pennies add up and cruising the forum have kept me sane (well, sort of) :p .

I haven't really become involved in the conversations, but you have all been very helpful whenever I've had a question, and never fail to make me laugh! (Quite a sarcastic crew!)

Here's some sunshine for you Veronica :sunshine: and sselig2000 :sunshine:

No matter how bad things get, they always get better!
Lynn

sselig2000
07-20-2007, 02:32 PM
Thanks Everyone.:) I will pop in the forum more often.