PDA

View Full Version : Southwest Airlines

chocovrdmicears
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I'm not sure if everyone is familiar with the DING program from Southwest Airlines..but if you can fly Southwest I hightly recommend getting it!! Basically you download a little icon from Southwest's website and it notifies you instantly of any special fare pricing ...they are usually valid for only a few hours. We got a DING tonight and were able to book 4 round trip tickets from Manchester NH to Orlando for our trip in Sept for a total of $589.00! That is about $300 less that we originally budgeted! I am so excited!
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Despite having our trip planned for months..ADR's all made...itinerary planned...for some reason it just feels REAL now that we have our flights booked. I cannot wait!!!!!!

sunshinecindy
07-19-2007, 07:03 AM
That is really cool, unfortunately, SW is one of my least favorite airlines. They were so rude during my lastest venture in the Ft Lauderdale airport. Course, maybe it was just the airport because the pilots were very nice and trying to help me. But, I hate not being able to pick my seat ahead of time. The online checkin helps so that you can get in the A line. Its always nice to save money though. I had the DING on, but I took it off the computer. May have to reinstall.

mseg16222
07-19-2007, 08:17 AM
I used the ding for our trip to Orlando in August. under $650 for 4 RT tickeets. I was really happy with this:cooldance:

tweety129s
07-19-2007, 09:06 AM
I got the same ding MHT to MCO at $64!! I was very excited to see that one finally!

faithhope
09-25-2007, 10:47 AM
I installed Ding on my computer after seeing a couple of posts on this forum about getting cheap fares...

But how do you deal with the lack of assigned seating? I don't think I want my children sitting on their own... am I missing some information?

Faith

chipndale
09-25-2007, 11:11 AM
:cooldance:
I installed Ding on my computer after seeing a couple of posts on this forum about getting cheap fares...

But how do you deal with the lack of assigned seating? I don't think I want my children sitting on their own... am I missing some information?

Faith

Are your children young? If they are under 3, you will be able to board the plan right after those with disabilities. If you children are older, you will all board together. We have traveled several times with our kids and have never had a problem, even when the plane is full. I always print out the boarding passes as soon as you are permited. That way you are in boarding group A, which is the first group to board the plane after those with disabilities and young children. If the price is right, I would go for it. I have had a couple move before so that our family could sit together.

We have been able to get DINGS from Pittsburgh to Orlando for $60 or less. Our best price was the first week on December - $42 each way! :cooldance:
If you have any other questions, feel free to PM.

faithhope
09-25-2007, 11:21 AM
I got an email from Southwest today saying that Families would now board between the A and B groups...

It doesn't affect me anyway since my children are "older" but still not old enough that I want them on their own next to strangers... believe me you do not want to be sitting next to my highly active 6 yr old for a long flight.

Faith

gretch370
09-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I just flew Southwest 09/24/2007 and they still seat families with children under 3 first. Then A, B, and C. If you do the online check in 24 hours ahead of time your almost always in the A line and can almost always get a window seat. I think that the unassigned seats are sometimes worth the great deals you can get. Plus its one of the few airlines where you still get beverages and peanuts!