PDA

View Full Version : Does any here love BLACK FRIDAY shopping?

TXMouseChaser
07-19-2007, 11:18 AM
With all the talk about shopping this weekend here on SR has really got me to thinking about Black Friday (day after American Thanksgiving).

I LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: it! I have so much fun. I am normally out for at least 14 hrs!

So anyone else out there as crazy about BF as I am? LOL :rotfl:

SunshineGirl
07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
I definitely do. But I have moved to doing it mostly online. LOL!

LyndaM
07-19-2007, 11:30 AM
Oh yes! I live for that day! Dh wonders why I can't seem to get out of bed any other morning - but on that day I spring up and am out the door. I just LOVE the bargains that day! It's almost my favorite day of the year!

Do you look at all the ads people scan on websites before they're distributed to us in the papers!? That's part of the fun for me!

Lynda

LuvMyBoys
07-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I LOVE Black Friday!! :love: My younger sister and I get up around 5am and hit the stores!

We spend time together on Thanksgiving going through the papers and making up a plan of attack :)

Things have changed alot with the internet though. Now the ads are leaked early so there's not that same excitement of getting the paper on Thursday and finally getting to see the ads.

Also some offers are now available online so it just makes sense in a lot of cases to buy it online instead of going to the stores. Also the deals in the past 3 years have not been as good as they used to be, IMO. :(

What are your favorite BF stores?? Mine are Meijer, Toys R Us, and Sears.

Target & Kohls do a 2-day sale so it's not so exciting.

Best Buy and Circuit City are impossible to get into in my area on BF so we don't go there.

How about you?

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I use to be really into it but now with online shopping I can find good deals all the time without fighting the crowd. But I always make sure to hit Target that Friday because the dvds are so cheap.

TXMouseChaser
07-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I always hit Wal-mart, Target (though they have a 2 day sale), some stores at the mall, Old Navy, Bath and Body works...

But this year I am thinking of doing more on-line, especially those I can get credit for on here!:sunshine2:

Soccer Princess
07-19-2007, 01:28 PM
I love Black Friday!!! (I also like Black Thursday and Monday too! ;)) We also get up early to get the good deals!

SunshineGirl
07-19-2007, 01:40 PM
We'll actually be doing some HUGE stuff for the holidays. We get thousands of coupons for the holiday season and will be getting some exclusive ones as well. We'll have everything in one place for you for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials. Plus another special section for the after-Christmas sales. I actually booked our flights to Florida yesterday to spend Christmas with SunshineCindy this year. :)

ItsmeSunnyV
07-19-2007, 02:17 PM
We'll actually be doing some HUGE stuff for the holidays. We get thousands of coupons for the holiday season and will be getting some exclusive ones as well. We'll have everything in one place for you for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials. Plus another special section for the after-Christmas sales. I actually booked our flights to Florida yesterday to spend Christmas with SunshineCindy this year. :)

I LOVE Black friday!!! I usually do some shopping on Thanksgiving night online...
Oh man, I guess I better start saving up my moolah! lol

Thats good that your going to go visit Cindy, I live about 30 minutes away from my mom, and there is no way in heck she would ever let me pass up a holiday without her seeing the "spoiled ones" lol ( Her grand babies)

lilianddomsmom
07-20-2007, 05:10 AM

can't wait for the Black Friday and Cyber Monday specials

Lucinda
07-20-2007, 09:29 AM
I love shopping on black friday. All the excitement, all the people, its soo much fun!!! My friends are like, why on earth would you want to go then? I tell them its just like a energy that goes through ya when your shopping that day... oh, Tricia I bet your Mom is so happy about ya 'll going to be in Fla . for Christmas with her.. Wow , now Im getting excited about Christmas and its only July. Have to check out The Christmas in July shopping..

Candi
07-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I also LOVE it. Last year, I was at my grandma's and there isn't that great of shopping there. I did get our portable dvd player for under $50. I look at the sites that show the sales early.

SusieG
07-22-2007, 06:32 PM
There are five family members that go every year and I send or hand deliver a humorous letter out to everyone about a week before. Every year is kind of themed and the letter has everyone as a character. We all look forward to it.

Mom2aPrincess
07-31-2007, 12:49 AM
I LOVE this day too....We start looking for the sales online early (as someone else mentioned) and we get up and go....on years that someone (or a few someones) want several things...we all have everyone's list and if we walk by something you grab one for EVERYONE!! :) Last year I didn't really want anything but a couple DVD's and I still got up and fought the crowds because it's a tradition (and a family tradition at that).

linanglab
07-31-2007, 06:39 AM
DH & I always go. We enjoy it. However, we are not THAT crazy. We refuse to wait in line outside for hours to get into a store. We HATE the cold, and that would not be fun....Now if we lived in a warmer place, then maybe we would be that crazy....

We are always visiting my mom in Cincinnati for the week of Thanksgiving. She watches the kids (of course they are in bed) while we go. It is our date day. And we always end the day with a Cinnabon to share....mmmm....

Angela

bs4free
08-01-2007, 03:50 PM
I love BF, Love to wake up at 2am drive to WM and get most of the items in my cart before they start the offical sale. Some items we have to wait to be unwraped :computer: Then its off to target, kholes, and well any place else that had some great deals. Its fun to start looking online for ad scans to find out who has what!

LuvMyBoys
10-29-2007, 01:13 PM
Time to revive this thread as we are less than 1 month away from Black Friday!! :cooldance:

Ok, so the Sears ad scans are up and they have some pretty good deals, IMO!! :)

Looks like they are doing a $10 off $50 this year instead of the $10 gift cards, which is a bit of a bummer :( I guess we won't know for sure though until we get the paper.

Ok, anyone else have any news? :sunshine:

bs4free
10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
Well as you said its less then a month to go so i hope to see more ad scans soon.....

kimkarli
10-29-2007, 01:54 PM
YES!!!! I am looking forward to black friday. I am kind of upset with Wal-Mart, because they have threatened to sue the websites that publish the black friday specials, if they post Wal-Marts specials early. It is scheduled to be released the Monday before.

LuvMyBoys
10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
YES!!!! I am looking forward to black friday. I am kind of upset with Wal-Mart, because they have threatened to sue the websites that publush the black friday specials, if they post Wal-Marts specials early. It is scheduled to be released the Monday before.

I really don't know how they think that helps them??? :confused: If anything it creates extra hype when they are released early!

I liked the Sears ads and now I am actually planning on spending more time there b/c I saw more things that I want in that ad. So for Sears it is better that I saw that ad early. Know what I mean? :)

Blessing and Miracle
10-29-2007, 02:09 PM
We have a family traditon where the "three girls" my two sisters and I, go shopping on Black Friday, we get up and be at the store for 5 a.m. We're all dressed alike in our matching "sisters are tired together with heartstrings" sweatshirts and jeans. We eat breakfast in the car, hit the stores, go eat lunch, then shop some more. We don't get back home until after dark. I'm hoping this year my health will allow me to go out, if not, I guess I shop via SR. One way or the other I will get my shopping in.:rotfl:

LuvMyBoys
10-29-2007, 02:11 PM
We have a family traditon where the "three girls" my two sisters and I, go shopping on Black Friday, we get up and be at the store for 5 a.m. We're all dressed alike in our matching "sisters are tired together with heartstrings" sweatshirts and jeans. We eat breakfast in the car, hit the stores, go eat lunch, then shop some more. We don't get back home until after dark. I'm hoping this year my health will allow me to go out, if not, I guess I shop via SR. One way or the other I will get my shopping in.:rotfl:

Wow!! My sisters and I go out shopping to but we are usually done by noon! I can't imagine going from dawn to dusk, you guys are hard core shoppers!! :rotfl:

bs4free
10-29-2007, 02:12 PM
Ditto My Money is usually all gone and spent by noon...

kimkarli
10-29-2007, 02:15 PM
I know, that's what I think!!!!

Alice28
10-29-2007, 03:36 PM
I enjoy it, but usually I am more than 70% done with my shopping before this day even rolls around!

I do SO WISH SR had Gymboree as an affiliate. I know you've tried, but that is a store I have shopped the last 3 years for sure on Black Friday. I also usually hit Target.

I will be in California this year though, and I think we're going to the beach on BF. I might place some online orders; I just don't want to pay sales tax unless it's one HECK of a deal! My BIL works at Target (and we're visiting him and my MIL) so maybe if they have a mega-deal, he can just grab it for me instead of me fighting the crowds.

linanglab
10-29-2007, 05:11 PM
Where do you all find the ads for BF ahead of time? We always just look in the paper the day before. This year we won't do alot of shopping because we are cutting back (plus, I have done some shopping for Christmas through SR already), but it would be nice to know ahead of time what to expect.

I am getting very anxious about this day! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! Even if we don't buy alot of things, I love the atmosphere and the holiday excitement. I don't like the "arguments" some people get into. It's not worth it to me to fight over something. This day is all about getting in the spirit of Christmas (at least to me) and maybe getting some deals on the way!

bs4free
10-29-2007, 05:59 PM
i use a great site called bfads dot net

LuvMyBoys
10-29-2007, 06:39 PM
i use a great site called bfads dot net

I use bfads too. It's fun to get a little sneek peek! :)

bs4free
10-29-2007, 06:45 PM
I am going to have to get my google on to find Walmats when it hits i know someone somewhere will put it up...

linanglab
10-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Thanks for the website! Gotta get ready for that day! VERY excited!

LuvMyBoys
11-08-2007, 09:47 AM
FYI, Target ads are now up!! :cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
11-08-2007, 02:05 PM

Where? On their website?

bs4free
11-08-2007, 04:52 PM
They ads are up on several of the bf ad sites on the interenet that specialize in the bfads. I think the url had been mentioned of one of the sites before in this thread.

wilsonfamily4
11-08-2007, 06:56 PM
I ove black friday but for different reasons. I just feel it kicks of Christmas season! I love to shop but with my kids the ages they are there is no way I woud drag them with me and husband as to work early. :( But I am always online. Sometimes there are better deals online. I do have a lot of my shopping done though. Shouldn't buy much more. Just looking for a deal on a pink leapster. Otherwise I will just have to pay full price. O, and some fur reals. :)

LuvMyBoys
11-09-2007, 12:46 PM
I ove black friday but for different reasons. I just feel it kicks of Christmas season! I love to shop but with my kids the ages they are there is no way I woud drag them with me and husband as to work early. :( But I am always online. Sometimes there are better deals online. I do have a lot of my shopping done though. Shouldn't buy much more. Just looking for a deal on a pink leapster. Otherwise I will just have to pay full price. O, and some fur reals. :)

Luckily, DH can stay home with the kids for me, otherwise I would be out of luck! :( I don't like asking my parents to watch them that early in the morning.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Fur Real Friends Newborns are going to be $9 in the Target Friday/Saturday sale.

LuvMyBoys
11-12-2007, 11:25 AM
FYI

For those of you who live in states with Meijer stores, the Meijer ads for Thanksgiving, black Friday, and Saturday are all up now on the Meijer site.

They released them early!! :sunshine2:

lilianddomsmom
11-14-2007, 04:13 AM

where can i find the ad online

LuvMyBoys
11-14-2007, 09:18 AM
where can i find the ad online

I go to a site called bfads.net

( I hope I can post that on here :confused: )

bs4free
11-14-2007, 12:49 PM
This is a link to the Walmat BF 2007 ad info on CNN http://money.cnn.com/2007/11/13/news/companies/walmart_blackfridayad/index.htm?postversion=2007111310