PDA

View Full Version : WW friendly recipes

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:07 PM
Just kicking off the new recipe thread. I'm hoping to get some really good recipe ideas. I think it would be easy if we could limit our post to one recipe per post so that recipes don't get mixed up.

It was pointed out that I used EVOO in one of my recipe posts. It stands for Extra Virgin Olive Oil if anyone needs to know.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:09 PM
Monterey Chicken Very Good- might want to try mild rotel

4 (5 oz.) Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1/4 Cup Barbecue Sauce
1/4 Cup Hormel Real Bacon Bits
1 Cup 2% Colby and Monterey Jack Shredded Cheese*
1 (14 oz.) Can Rotel (Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies), drained
Sliced Green Onions
Pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Pound out the chicken breasts to flatten. Season each with a little pepper.
Cook the chicken in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray over medium-low heat until no longer pink. Place each breast onto a baking sheet and top each breast with 1 tablespoon of barbeque sauce, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup tomatoes, green onions and 1 tablespoon of bacon bits.
Place into the oven and bake until the cheese has melted (about 5 minutes).

Hedy
07-19-2007, 12:12 PM
Not a recipe, but have you ever checked out the Hungry-girl.com site? Lots of lowfat receipies complete with points.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:17 PM
Not a recipe, but have you ever checked out the Hungry-girl.com site? Lots of lowfat receipies complete with points.

I get her everyday. I want to try out the hungry girl alfredo but I"m scared of tofu noodles.

LuvMyBoys
07-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Could someone post the WW recipe for vegetable soup that was a "free" food back in the old days of WW?? :)

It had cabbage, carrots, and tomato paste........I can't remember what else but I lost the recipe booklet with that in it and I really miss that soup!

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:19 PM
BAKED SPAGHETTI Very Good
8 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken into thirds
1/4 cup egg beaters
1/2 cup 1% milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 lb ground beef, leanest
1 small onion, chopped
1 jar 14oz meatless spaghetti sauce
1 can 8oz tomato sauce
1 to 2 cups 2% mozzarella cheese

Cook spaghetti and drain. In a large bowl beat the egg, milk, and salt.
Add spaghetti and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9 pan.

In a large skillet cook the meat and onion and drain. Add sauces and mix
well. Spoon over the spaghetti mixture in the pan.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake
for 10 minutes longer until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes
before cutting.
WW: Makes 6 servings at 5 points

I think this came from either dwlz.com or ww. Can't remember

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Cheeseburger ‘N Fries Casserole Very Good
6 servings 6pts

1 pound extra lean ground beef 4% fat
10 3/4 oz Campbell's (U.S.) Golden Mushroom Soup
10 3/4 oz Campbell's (U.S.) Cheddar Cheese Soup
20 oz Ore-Ida Golden Crinkles
( also added I onion and 1 pkg mushrooms)

Instructions
1. In a skillet, brown ground beef then stir in soups.
2. Pour in a 13x9 pan sprayed with no stick spray.
3. Arrange fries on top.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 50-55 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Cheesy Chicken and Rice VERY GOOD
6 ww points per serving. Makes 6 servings.
1 1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I used chicken tenders because that's what I had)
1 c brown rice
1 envelope Liptons dry garlic/mushroom soup mix (I used onion soup mix)
1 can low fat cream of mushroom soup (I used cream of chicken)
2 cups water
4 oz. Velveeta Light
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut chicken into 1/4 pound pieces (usually in half). Set aside.
Mix the rest of the ingredients together in a shallow baking dish (2 quart size). Heat in the microwave until it all melts together and mix it together.
Place the chicken pieces on top of the rice mixture, cover, and bake for an hour (I did 45 mins) or until rice is done. I stirred it occasionally to make sure the rice cooked evenly.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Could someone post the WW recipe for vegetable soup that was a "free" food back in the old days of WW?? :)

It had cabbage, carrots, and tomato paste........I can't remember what else but I lost the recipe booklet with that in it and I really miss that soup!

will do when i get home. i just got that booklet. :)

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
sorry guys bored and avoiding work right now...

Honey Lime Chicken4 pts. per chicken breast Good as Sandwiches

Servings: 4

4 Tbsp. of Honey- 4 pts.
4 tsp. of Lime Juice- 0 pts.
1 tsp. of chili powder- 0 pts.
1 tsp. of cinnamon- 0 pts.
1 Tbsp. minced garlic- 0 pts.
Sea Salt -0 pts.
4 3oz. chicken breasts- 12 pts.
Cooking Spray- 0 pts. (i think since you use a small amount)

mix all the ingredients and pour over the chicken, or let marinade for 24 hrs. put in a pan lined w/foil and sprayed. bake in the oven at 350 for about 35 minutes.

Note: there are variations, you can do soy (i love honey/soy on salmon), or you can use cumin. also, these are not precise measurements because i eyeball everything.

This is from dwlz.com

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Rosemary and Orange Pork Chops Very Good
Zest and juice of 1 navel orange
3 tbsp light brown sugar
1 cup chicken stock/broth
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, leaves removed and chopped
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
Salt & Pepper
2 tbsp EVOO
4 1-inch thick center cut pork loin chops (this was the only thing I did wrong. I used too thin of a pork chop)
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped
In a medium sauce pan over high heat, combine the zest & juice of the orange, brown sugar, chicken stock, rosemary, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and cook until reduced by half.
Heat a large skillet over med-high heat with the EVOO (twice around the pan). Season the chops with salt and pepper, then add to the hot skillet. Cook the chops for 5 mins on each side (or until done).
Add the parsley to the reduced rosemary-orange glaze. Pour the glaze over the cooked pork chops and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
from dwlz.com -> I didn't point it out but I would assume 4 pts for the pork chop and 1 point maybe 2 for the sauce.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:28 PM
Citrus Garlic Pork Loin VERY GOOD
3 garlic cloves
1/2 cup lime juice
1/2 cup grapefruit juice (not cocktail)
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1 lb. center loin pork, lean only (again, i used 2 lbs pork tenderloin)

Mince garlic & mix with lime, grapefruit, soy sauce & pepper sauce. Let sit at least 1 hour.

Turn tenderloin in marinade & coat evenly. Cover & refrigerate at leas 1 1/2 hours, less than 5. Turn occassionally. (outside may lighten in color).

Drain pork & reserve juices. Roast pork 10 minutes @ 450, reduce heat to 325 & cook until 145-150 degrees inside. (It took about an hour or so on 325).

Boil marinade 3 minutes, reduce heat & simmer 10 more minutes. Serve sliced with marinade on top.

4-5 pts / serving - a serving is 3 oz pork, 2 tbsp sauce.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Moc Chicken Cordon Bleu VERY GOOD
4 4oz chicken breasts (cut regular sized breasts in half to get 4 oz.)
1 package deli sliced ham (2 to 3 slices for one point, I used deli selects)
4 laughing cow cheese wedges (FF or LF swiss cheese slices work here too since laughing cow is hard to find)
8 toothpicks
1/2 package shake n bake (or bread crumbs)
cooking spray.

Heat oven to 400 degrees. Pound chicken breasts to about 1/4" thick. Place 2 to 3 slices of ham on breast and one cheese wedge spread on top. Roll and secure with toothpicks. Place edge side down in sprayed baking dish and sprinkle with shake n bake. Bake 35-45 minutes.

Makes a wonderful dinner for only 5 points per chicken breast!

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Cheesy Chicken Pot Biscuit Cups VERY GOOD

Serves 5 (2 each)
1 (7.5 oz.) can of refrigerated homestyle or buttermilk biscuits
1 cup (5 oz.) diced chicken breast
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can healthy request cream of chicken soup
scant 2/3 cup (2 1/2 oz) shredded kraft reduced-fat cheddar cheese (I used the Kraft fat free kind and worked fine.)
1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes (I did not have this so I used oregano and basil seasoning)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Separate biscuits (in halves) and place each biscuit in a cup of an ungreased 12-hole muffin pan, pressing dough up sides to edge of cup. In a medium bowl, combine chicken, chicken soup, cheddar cheese, parsley flakes, and black pepper. Mix well to combine. Evenly spoon chicken mixture into prepared biscuit cups. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven. Place muffin pan on a wire rack and let set for 2-3 minutes. Serve at once.

Per serving: 230 calories, 6 gm fat, 2 gm fiber. Points per serving : 5
Serving size - 2 each.

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:31 PM
For the southerners
Crawfish Dip VERY GOOD

¼ cup light margarine

¼ cup flour

2 cloves garlic, minced

1 bunch green onions, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

1 (10 3/4oz) can 99% ff cream of mushroom soup (cream of celery works too)

1 (10oz) can chopped tomatoes and green chilies (or 1 can rotel)

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Salt and Pepper to taste

1 pound crawfish tails, rinsed and drained (Walmart sells these in the frozen section just let them defrost under some running cold water for 10 minutes and drain out the juices) or you can use the salad sized shrimps.

In skillet, melt margarine, add flour, mix well. Saute all vegetables until tender, stirring constantly, to prevent sticking (my mom suggested doing this step and then do the flour and margarine mix because the roux will burn while the veggies are softening up but the recipe says to do like this- either way just don’t burn roux (margarine & flour) and don’t leave the veggies crisp). Add mushroom soup and chopped tomatoes and green chilies; mix well. Add seasonings. Gently stir in crawfish tails (if serving as a dip you might want to cut them in half or thirds). Cook until dip is thoroughly heated (about 15-20 mins). Serve warm with melba rounds. Yields approximately 4 cups.

NI: 1 tablespoon = 15 calories, 5 mg cholesterol, 0.5 gm fat, 29.6% cal from fat

I made this and served it over noodles/pasta and it was awesome!! I used around 3 tablespoons (~45 calories) over 1 cup of pasta and it was plenty. I also sprinked basil and crushed red pepper to flavor it some more but don’t do it if you don’t like spicy foods.

LuvMyBoys
07-19-2007, 12:40 PM
will do when i get home. i just got that booklet. :)

Thanks!! :) I want to make it this weekend with all of the fresh garden veggies that I have coming in! :love:

The cheeseburger casserole and cheesy chicken cups are ones that I am going to be trying out too. They look like stuff my husband and boys will enjoy too.
:)

m 'n c
07-19-2007, 12:47 PM
The cheesy chicken biscuits and then the casserole would be good for sneaking in veggies they might not eat like bell peppers (chop in the handy blender thingy to get really small) onions, carrots, etc.

LuvMyBoys
07-19-2007, 12:49 PM
The cheesy chicken biscuits and then the casserole would be good for sneaking in veggies they might not eat like bell peppers (chop in the handy blender thingy to get really small) onions, carrots, etc.

Yeah, I would likely add the veggie mixture that has broc, red peppers, onions, etc. finely chopped. YUM! :love:

mseg16222
07-24-2007, 02:43 PM
2 pieces precooked Schwan bacon - 2points
(some other precooked bacons are okay to check the info for WW points to see before buying)

2 slices Wonder Light Wheat Bread - 1 point
lettuce and tomato
1 TBSP Miracle Whip Light 1 point

4 point lunch and add some fruit. This is one of my favorites

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 07:34 PM
6 servings 6pts

1 pound extra lean ground beef 4% fat
10 3/4 oz Campbell's (U.S.) Golden Mushroom Soup
10 3/4 oz Campbell's (U.S.) Cheddar Cheese Soup
20 oz Ore-Ida Golden Crinkles
( also added I onion and 1 pkg mushrooms)

Instructions
1. In a skillet, brown ground beef then stir in soups.
2. Pour in a 13x9 pan sprayed with no stick spray.
3. Arrange fries on top.
4. Bake, uncovered, at 350* for 50-55 minutes or until the fries are golden brown.

We had this for dinner tonight, it was so good!! :love: The kids loved it. I substitued cream of mushroom soup for the golden mushroom soup and it worked out great.

Thanks for the great recipe! :)

m 'n c
07-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I'm glad you liked that casserole. I need to make it next week. Its so quick and easy and yummy. I love that you can eat french fries with it/in it!

I think I owe you this recipe. I had to dig it out after putting everything away for the maids yesterday.

Garden Vegetable Soup - 0 pts

Makes 4 1-cup servings

2/3 sliced carrot
1/3 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic minced
3 cups ff broth
1.5 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat. Saute the carrot, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in the zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 08:00 PM
I'm glad you liked that casserole. I need to make it next week. Its so quick and easy and yummy. I love that you can eat french fries with it/in it!

I think I owe you this recipe. I had to dig it out after putting everything away for the maids yesterday.

Garden Vegetable Soup - 0 pts

Makes 4 1-cup servings

2/3 sliced carrot
1/3 cup diced onion
2 cloves garlic minced
3 cups ff broth
1.5 cups diced green cabbage
1/2 cup green beans
1 Tbsp tomato paste
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup diced zucchini

Spray a large saucepan with nonstick cooking spray, heat. Saute the carrot, onion and garlic over low heat until softened, about 5 minutes. Add broth, cabbage, beans, tomato paste, basil, oregano, and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer covered about 15 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in the zucchini and heat for 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.

Yeah, this time I will be sure to print it out and get it into a cookbook! :) And maid service?? Oooh la la!! :cooldance: LUCKY! :)

speechteachri
07-26-2007, 09:20 AM
This is my favorite easy WW recipe:

Not the best recipe for the summer, but I made this a lot in the winter when I got tired of the veggie soup. My family really likes it too, so I would usually double the recipe and portion out the leftovers for lunches.

1 can beans, drained (any kind you prefer)
1 can corn, undrained
1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (I prefer petite diced)
1 can progresso minestrone or lentil soup (I prefer reduced fat lentil. I don't really like the flavor the minestrone adds)
1 cup (or more if you prefer) non-starchy veggie of choice (I usually throw in frozen green beans)

Pour all into a pan. Add a little water if you want more broth and let simmer for a little while....DONE.

Easy, easy, and tasty! When I make it I usually throw in about 1/4 cup of chili powder for a little different flavor. DD calls it Chili Soup.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 08:58 PM
6 servings 6pts

Made this tonight & it was soooo good!! Thanks for posting!!

m 'n c
07-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Glad you enjoyed it!

speechteachri
07-31-2007, 01:11 PM
Easy WW friendly Oriental Salad (I haven't figured the points on this, but my guess is around 6-7 pts. This is great to make to take to a gathering, but remember to put the crunchy noodles on the side to put in later so they don't get soggy.

Mix together:

1 bag Cole slaw mix
1 can drained mandarin oranges
1 can water chestnuts drained
1 good sized handful slivered almonds
cooked chicken chunks (I use pre-cooked Purdue or rotissierie chicken)
Newmans Own lowfat sesame ginger salad dresing (not sure of quantity)

Before serving, sprinkle crunchy chow mein noodles on top.

YUMMYY!!! I had this for dinner last night. This is a really easy light dish for the summer. I think next time I make it I will look for some edamame to add to it too.

m 'n c
07-31-2007, 10:47 PM
Adding a recipe that I had tonight. I got it from my non-cooking coworker who is addicted to fish tacos right now.

Fish Tacos!
1 package of frozen tilapia filets
1 package of taco seasoning
spray butter
alumnium foil
taco toppings
la tortilla factory tortillas (or another low fat tortilla)

thaw out filets in cold water. line a baking sheet with alum. foil. place filets on the foil, spray with butter then sprinkle with some taco seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. warm up tortillas in microwave. Put cooked fish along with desired toppings in the wrap and enjoy. Mine made 5 fish tacos at about 3 points each (1 pt for fish, 1 pt for tortilla, 1 pt for cheese, 0 pts salsa)

nurseminnie76
08-03-2007, 01:23 PM
I found this recipe on the internet while searching for WW friendly recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy.

Sunshine Cake

18 1/2 ounces Yellow Cake Mix, Light -- 1 box
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 eggs
11 ounces mandarin oranges -- 1 can

Frosting Ingredients
8 ounces Cool Whip Lite® -- 1 small container
1 ounce fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix -- small box
15 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple in juice -- 1 can

Preheat oven to 350*. Stir together all ingredients by hand for 2 minutes.
Spray 9x13" pan w/ cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30-40 minutes.

Mix all frosting ingredients when cake is cool. Spread icing on cake & refrigerate.

Per serving: 215 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (20% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 47mg Cholesterol; 248mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

5 points

Serving Size: 16

Magical JenK
08-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I found this recipe on the internet while searching for WW friendly recipes. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds yummy.

Sunshine Cake

18 1/2 ounces Yellow Cake Mix, Light -- 1 box
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
4 eggs
11 ounces mandarin oranges -- 1 can

Frosting Ingredients
8 ounces Cool Whip Lite® -- 1 small container
1 ounce fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix -- small box
15 1/2 ounces crushed pineapple in juice -- 1 can

Preheat oven to 350*. Stir together all ingredients by hand for 2 minutes.
Spray 9x13" pan w/ cooking spray. Pour batter into pan. Bake 30-40 minutes.

Mix all frosting ingredients when cake is cool. Spread icing on cake & refrigerate.

Per serving: 215 Calories (kcal); 5g Total Fat; (20% calories from fat); 3g Protein; 39g Carbohydrate; 47mg Cholesterol; 248mg Sodium Food Exchanges: 0 Grain (Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fruit; 1/2 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

5 points

Serving Size: 16

I've made this & it is soooooooo good & perfect for summer! YUMMM!!!

SunshineGirl
08-03-2007, 01:54 PM
This is my absolute favorite cake!!!! I have it posted on another message board with the title "Celebration Cake" but I like "Sunshine Cake" much better!

I experiment with all different flavors of cakes and puddings. Plus I always put some sprinkles on top. :)

m 'n c
08-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I got my threads mixed up when I first read that cake recipe and thought it was a crock pot recipe and not a WW recipe.

It sounds very yummy. Maybe I'll have bf make it as my birthday cake. I'm sure its much better for you than my favorite - tres leche cake.

nurseminnie76
08-04-2007, 07:36 PM
6 servings 6pts

I made this for dinner last night. I substituted fat free cream of mushroom and added a can of rotel. My kids really liked it. :)

m 'n c
08-04-2007, 07:40 PM
I made this for dinner last night. I substituted fat free cream of mushroom and added a can of rotel. My kids really liked it. :)

Oooh i never would have thought to add in rotel. great call. I will have to do this this week. I really want to make this now.

LuvMyBoys
08-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Or maybe you can try this for your birthday!! :)

Tres Leche Cake - Light

5 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
1 TBS. butter, softened
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Milk Syrup:
1 can (14 oz) fat free condensed milk
1 can (12 oz) fat free evaporated milk
1 cup fat free half & half
3 tsp. vanilla

Lite whipped cream and strawberries for garnish, if desired

Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Stir in milk and vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder; gradually add to yolk mixture and mix well (batter will be thick).
In a small mixing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
Spread evenly into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place on a wire rack.
In a large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
Cut cake into 15 pieces, leaving cake in the baking dish. Poke holes in cake with a skewer. Slowly pour a third of the milk syrup over cake, allowing syrup to absorb into the cake. Repeat twice. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top each piece with whipped topping and a strawberry. Yield: 15 servings.

1 piece equals 233 calories, 3g fat (2g sat fat), 42g carbs, 1g fiber, 8g protein

kerry34
08-08-2007, 11:06 AM
DIET COKE CAKE

1 box cake mix - any flavor
1 can diet soda - any flavor

chocolate cake w/ diet coke
yellow cake w/ diet sprite
use your imagination for the combinations! Oh the possibilities!

Mix the dry cake mix with 10-12 oz of diet soda. (Do not use the egg or oil listed
on the box). Spray a 9 x 12 cake pan (or cupcake tin) with non-stick spray and
bake according to package instructions.

I have tried this before and its not bad, better with some fat free cool whip on top. I actually made cupcakes instead of cake so i could keep my portion sizes in check. I was told at a meeting that one cupcake is 2 points. This is good for a quick chocolate fix. When making a full cake make sure you let it cool completely before cutting. It is light and does tear easily. Also I found using a bit less than a full can of soda (around 10oz) makes the cake a bit firmer. The other variation that you can try, which i heard was pretty good too, is diet cherry vanilla flavor. Gives it a bit of a cherry taste.

m 'n c
08-08-2007, 12:19 PM
Or maybe you can try this for your birthday!! :)

Tres Leche Cake - Light

5 eggs, separated
1 cup sugar, divided
1 TBS. butter, softened
1/3 cup skim milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Milk Syrup:
1 can (14 oz) fat free condensed milk
1 can (12 oz) fat free evaporated milk
1 cup fat free half & half
3 tsp. vanilla

Lite whipped cream and strawberries for garnish, if desired

Let egg whites stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Coat a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and lemon-colored. Gradually beat in 3/4 cup sugar and butter. Stir in milk and vanilla. Sift flour and baking powder; gradually add to yolk mixture and mix well (batter will be thick).
In a small mixing bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
Spread evenly into prepared dish. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Place on a wire rack.
In a large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, evaporated milk and half-and-half. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cool slightly.
Cut cake into 15 pieces, leaving cake in the baking dish. Poke holes in cake with a skewer. Slowly pour a third of the milk syrup over cake, allowing syrup to absorb into the cake. Repeat twice. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving. Top each piece with whipped topping and a strawberry. Yield: 15 servings.

1 piece equals 233 calories, 3g fat (2g sat fat), 42g carbs, 1g fiber, 8g protein

oh man this looks heavenly. I will definetly be trying this out. maybe over labor day weekend. YUMM-O!!!

pattip03
08-22-2007, 09:30 PM
I had half of a rotisserie chicken leftover and thought I'd try something like a tortilla soup with it. This is what I did and it went over BIG at my house. :cooldance: We did WW in 2002 and I lost 45 pounds. I did gain :( almost 30 back and have been doing WW on my own since June 1st and have lost 14 pounds! I would like to lose another 10 before we go to WDW in October because I feel so much better without the extra pounds.

Here's my recipe:

Low-cal, low-fat, Weight Watcher friendly, leftover chicken, easy and family loved it soup! :clap:
We actually decided to call it "Mexican Stew"

In a 5 quart pot, lightly saute in a tablespoon of olive oil:
1 chopped onion
2 C. chopped celery
2 C. sliced carrots
1 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced

Add 3 cups chicken broth (or boullion)
Add 1 - 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (or similar) and 1 can of water
Simmer about 10 minutes.

Add: 1 chopped bell pepper
4 - 6 medium potatoes, peeled and cut up
about 1 tablespoon of chili powder (or to taste)
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer until potatoes are tender.
Add cut-up leftover chicken (I used leftover rotisserie chicken, you could cook up a breast or 2)
Add 1 can whole kernel corn that has been drained.
Continue to cook about 5 more minutes.

Serve in large bowls.
Top with some broken tortilla chips and grated cheddar or jack. (I used reduced fat cheese)
We also added more chili powder to taste.

Enjoy!

m 'n c
08-22-2007, 11:54 PM
That sounds so good Patti. I will have to make it next time I make a chicken recipe that doesn't need all the chicken in a package.

I was given 2 recipes for cakes at my WW meeting today (what is with the cake recipes??)

First one was for Angel Food cake with Pineapples

1 box angel food cake
1 can crushed pineapple

combine angel food cake mix (don't follow box instructions!!) with pineapples (and the juice). Dump in cake pan and cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes. 3 pts per serving. Makes 12 servings.

2nd recipe was similar to the diet coke cake above but with fruit.

1 box light cake mix
1 can diet soda
1 2 lb bag of frozen fruit.

Layer fruit in bottom of cake pan, dump cake mix on top, pour soda all over top. Cover and bake 20 mins on 350. Uncover and bake another 40 minutes.
3 pts per serving makes 12 servings.

LuvMyBoys
08-23-2007, 09:25 AM
That sounds so good Patti. I will have to make it next time I make a chicken recipe that doesn't need all the chicken in a package.

I was given 2 recipes for cakes at my WW meeting today (what is with the cake recipes??)

First one was for Angel Food cake with Pineapples

1 box angel food cake
1 can crushed pineapple

combine angel food cake mix (don't follow box instructions!!) with pineapples (and the juice). Dump in cake pan and cook on 350 for 20-25 minutes. 3 pts per serving. Makes 12 servings.

2nd recipe was similar to the diet coke cake above but with fruit.

1 box light cake mix
1 can diet soda
1 2 lb bag of frozen fruit.

Layer fruit in bottom of cake pan, dump cake mix on top, pour soda all over top. Cover and bake 20 mins on 350. Uncover and bake another 40 minutes.
3 pts per serving makes 12 servings.

You know I used to like to buy the Sweet Rewards (I think that was the name??) light cake mixes. But all the stores in my area stopped carrying those about 5 years ago. Where do you all find light cake mixes and what brand are they?? :confused:

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 11:47 AM
You know I used to like to buy the Sweet Rewards (I think that was the name??) light cake mixes. But all the stores in my area stopped carrying those about 5 years ago. Where do you all find light cake mixes and what brand are they?? :confused:

I haven't bought any yet but I hear they are still around here in Houston. Just not sure where. I think they said betty crocker has a light mix?? I'll be brave and go down that aisle in a few different stores and let you know what I come up with. I wonder if you can order it online some where.

LuvMyBoys
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
I haven't bought any yet but I hear they are still around here in Houston. Just not sure where. I think they said betty crocker has a light mix?? I'll be brave and go down that aisle in a few different stores and let you know what I come up with. I wonder if you can order it online some where.

I didn't think about online. Betty Crocker did make the Sweet Rewards ones but they didn't take off too well I guess. I just buy the regular mixes and then make them the light way. Luckily fat free and light brownie mixes are everywhere, b/c we make those all the time. :)

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm searching online but no dice. Which brownie mixes do you use? I use krutz's or no pudge brownie mix. I prefer krutz's over no pudge.

LuvMyBoys
08-23-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm searching online but no dice. Which brownie mixes do you use? I use krutz's or no pudge brownie mix. I prefer krutz's over no pudge.

We use the Betty Crocker low-fat or the Kroger brand low-fat. I like to get the Kroger one b/c it only needs water added and that way my oldest son can make them by himself. We don't do a lot of the no-fat ones b/c my sons and DH don't like the taste.

I can only go so healthy with the dessert items, you should have seen the look on DH's face when I made whole-wheat sugar cookies :rotfl: There are some things that I just can't sell them on!!

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 12:15 PM
The Krutz brownies do not taste fat free at all. My bf loved them. I just added water to the mix. I think when I make them again I might try the plain yogurt or applesauce trick to see how they do. I did the applesauce with the no pudge ones and they were ok not great.

LuvMyBoys
08-23-2007, 12:24 PM
The Krutz brownies do not taste fat free at all. My bf loved them. I just added water to the mix. I think when I make them again I might try the plain yogurt or applesauce trick to see how they do. I did the applesauce with the no pudge ones and they were ok not great.

I'll have to look for that brand, I've not heard of Krutz before. Sometimes I think that the Midwest stores have less options for fat-free, healthy brands b/c they don't do as well here. :(

speechteachri
08-23-2007, 05:53 PM
OK, since we are talking desserts, here is my favorite, very low point dessert...maybe you all have already tried it, but if not give it a shot!

Strawberry Pie

1 small package sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding (the only place I have been able to find it is Wal-Mart)
2 cups water
1 small package sugar free strawberry jell-o
4 cups sliced strawberries.

In medium saucepan, stir together water and pudding mix. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately add the jell-o. Stir until dissolved, Set the pan aside and let the mixture cool to room temp.
Place strawberries in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate, Pour cooled pudding mix over the strawberries. Refrigerate until chilled. Let set well before slicing.

(I spread sugar free cool whip over the pie too after it is well set.)

Without the cool whip this pie is 6 pt. for the ENTIRE thing!!!

speechteachri
08-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Here's another favorite that is a WW staple:

Frozen Peanut butter cups

8 oz. cool whip (ff)
1/2 cup peanut butter (I like to use the extra crunchy kind)
2 tablespoons chocolate syrup

Line umffin pans with liners. Mix cool whip and peanut butter until well combined. Spoon even portions into muffin liners. Top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. Freeze 6-8 hours.

12 servings, 2 pts. each

m 'n c
08-23-2007, 11:17 PM

8 oz. cool whip (ff)

Line umffin pans with liners. Mix cool whip and peanut butter until well combined. Spoon even portions into muffin liners. Top each with a swirl of chocolate syrup. Freeze 6-8 hours.

12 servings, 2 pts. each

oh you are so bad. peanut butter is my weakness. I will definetly be trying this out next weekend. I need to post my banana pudding-ish recipe as soon as I remember it!

speechteachri
08-24-2007, 12:35 PM
oh you are so bad. peanut butter is my weakness. I will definetly be trying this out next weekend. I need to post my banana pudding-ish recipe as soon as I remember it!

Sorry....I forgot about your little "problem" with peanut butter!!:angel:

But at least they are only 2 pts. each...and they are soooo good! I do use the lowfat pb by the way, and they come out fine. Don't know if that changes the pt. value or not.

m 'n c
08-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Sorry....I forgot about your little "problem" with peanut butter!!:angel:

But at least they are only 2 pts. each...and they are soooo good! I do use the lowfat pb by the way, and they come out fine. Don't know if that changes the pt. value or not.

Its quite alright. Luckily Mike loves PB too so I'm sure I can get him to eat them too so its all not left for me to finish up.

coastalgirl
08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
That peanut butter cup recipe sounds so yummy! I am gonna have to make that for my kids(me really) luv :heart: Pb!!!

Lydia

howdyfrtx
09-10-2007, 10:15 PM
Here is one for you. My mom made it the other night and said it was good...it sounded good to me so she shared the receipe with me.

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE
(Serves 6 for 6 points ea.)

1 - 14oz. can diced tomatoes, undrained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg. stove top stuffing mix (chicken)
1/2 cup water
1 1/2 lb. boneless chicken breast, cut into bite size pieces
1 tsp. dried basil
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Place tomatoes with liquid in medium bowl. Add garlic, stuffing mix and water.
Stir just until stuffing mix is moist. Set aside. Spray 9 x 13 pan with Pam.
Place chicken in pan. Sprinkle with basil, then cheese. Top with stuffing mix.
Bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes.

m 'n c
09-10-2007, 10:18 PM
Here is one for you. My mom made it the other night and said it was good...it sounded good to me so she shared the receipe with me.

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. dried basil

Thanks! I'll have to send Mike out for some diced tomatoes since I have everything else for this. :)

howdyfrtx
09-11-2007, 09:37 AM
I havn't made it yet...hope to in the next week but it looks pretty easy. Let me know if you do make and what you think....if it doesn't taste good...blame my mom.

m 'n c
09-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Do you think the bruschetta mix I have will work for the diced tomatoes or possibly the rotel? I don't want to go to the store just for diced tomatoes.

howdyfrtx
09-13-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm sure it will work but I just don't know about the points. Does it have any nutritional fact on the mix? Just calculate the points and add it in.

m 'n c
09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm sure it will work but I just don't know about the points. Does it have any nutritional fact on the mix? Just calculate the points and add it in.

Yeah its premade in a jar. I'll give it a try and play with the points and report back :)

m 'n c
09-20-2007, 11:44 AM

BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE

2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. dried basil

Ok I finally made this last night. Super quick and easy. I did use all the ingredients listed above since I was out of stuffing mix and had to go to the store. I did pick at the topping and it was tasting pretty yummy. I made it for dinner tonight so I will definetly post back what I think of it.

m 'n c
10-28-2007, 11:34 PM
Made this one last night and it was pretty tasty.

Creamed Chicken and Biscuits

1 6oz can refridgerated buttermilk biscuits
2 1/4 c chopped cooked chicken
1/2 c fat free milk
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 can reduced fat cream of chicken soup
1 10 oz package of frozen mixed veggies thawed

Bake biscuits according to package.

Combine chicken, milk, poultry seasoning, salt, pepper, soup, and veggies in saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook for 10 minutes or until heated, stirring frequently.

Split four biscuits in half, reserving remaining 1 biscuit for another use. Spoon 1 cup chicken mixture over each split biscuit.

Yields 4 servings at 8 pts per serving

Now what I did last night -> I think this recipe is calling for Grands size biscuits which I didn't have. We used the smaller sized biscuits (10 to a package). So we had 2 smaller biscuits per serving instead of 1 biscuit. I will say this recipe yields more than 4 servings. More like 5-6 servings depending on how generous you are with the chicken mixture. I'd probably do 2 packages of Grands for 1 pot of chicken mixture or 1.5 cans of the smaller biscuits per 1 pot of chicken mixture which should also cut the points down a little too. We used peas and carrots but I think other veggies like carrots, broccoli, and cauliflower would do well or something like peas and corn.

andrea2289
01-08-2008, 04:23 PM
My husband and I have always called this all day chicken because it cooks long and slow. This is one of our favorites and is so easy. I am a HUGE cook and I don't measure anything so bear with me because I am doing this from memory. If you’re anything like me, I never follow a recipe anyway lol...I always have to add/change something!!

Quick and Easy All Day Chicken

4-6 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 Onion
1 Small Package Mushrooms Cleaned and Sliced

1/3 Cup Flour
1 Can Chicken Broth
1 Can Water
1 Teaspoon Poultry Seasoning
1/2 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Salt (I don't use a lot of salt feel free to add more if you want)
1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
1 Can Healthy Request Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup

Brown the chicken over medium-high heat in a small bit of olive oil (this makes for a richer sauce rather than putting the meat in raw).

In a casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray, add half the onion, garlic and mushrooms. Lay the chicken on top and top with the remaining onion, garlic and mushrooms. (I use a deep oval one rather than a long shallow dish so the breast are completely submerged)

In a separate bowl add the flour, broth and water and whisk until smooth. Then add all the remaining ingredients and whisk until completely smooth. Pour over chicken/veggies.

Cover tightly with foil and bake on 350 for about 2-3 hours. I check it after 2 hours. I like mine with the sauce good and thick and the chicken nearly falling apart. If it's not there yet, I let it go a little longer, but if you like it after 2 hours, then chow down!!

This makes a lot of gravy, which my family likes. You can eat it over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. I personally love brown rice and it is good for you!! I serve this with a big bowl of steamed frozen broccoli cauliflower that I toss with butter spray, a little salt and pepper, and some parmesan cheese!

Feel free to play with this. We have tried adding peppers, more mushrooms, different kids of mushrooms, or none at all. If you don't like onions, add onion powder to the gravy mix instead.

m 'n c
01-09-2008, 07:12 PM
ooh that sounds good Andrea. I will add that into my rotation.

andrea2289
01-10-2008, 08:22 PM

8 oz. cool whip (ff)

12 servings, 2 pts. each

OMG this sounds so good...I'm totally making this this weekend :banana:

m 'n c
01-10-2008, 08:34 PM
OMG this sounds so good...I'm totally making this this weekend :banana:

It was excellent.

SunshineGirl
01-10-2008, 09:53 PM
I haven't reread this whole thread in awhile, but I have to say that the Fix It And Forget It Lightly Chicken Soft Tacos have become one of my "go to" WW meals each week. Along with the Diet Coke/Barbecued Chicken in the Crockpot. Between those and Schwan Light Chicken Marco Polo with Quick French Fries, I get half of my meals each week. LOL! I'll get sick of them after a month or so, but they are great for getting me going again.

Anna
01-13-2008, 03:21 AM

Thanks so much for posting this site! I love these recipes!! I have sooo many I want to try!:banana:

Anna
01-13-2008, 03:28 AM
OK, since we are talking desserts, here is my favorite, very low point dessert...maybe you all have already tried it, but if not give it a shot!

Strawberry Pie

1 small package sugar free cook and serve vanilla pudding (the only place I have been able to find it is Wal-Mart)
2 cups water
1 small package sugar free strawberry jell-o
4 cups sliced strawberries.

In medium saucepan, stir together water and pudding mix. Heat to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately add the jell-o. Stir until dissolved, Set the pan aside and let the mixture cool to room temp.
Place strawberries in the bottom of a deep dish pie plate, Pour cooled pudding mix over the strawberries. Refrigerate until chilled. Let set well before slicing.

(I spread sugar free cool whip over the pie too after it is well set.)

Without the cool whip this pie is 6 pt. for the ENTIRE thing!!!

Oooooh! Gotta try this! My daughter and I LOVE strawberries!! Sounds yummy!:love: I prefer the fat free whipped cream in the spray can! Nothing like it....going to try that on top!!

Anna
01-13-2008, 03:31 AM

8 oz. cool whip (ff)

12 servings, 2 pts. each

My family will go NUTS over this one! Thanks!!:rotfl:

askomsky
01-14-2008, 06:26 PM
Warning this makes a whole pot, DH likes it which is good so we eat it for 3-4 dinners with a salad when I do make it.

The original receipe did not call for broccoli or jalepeno pepper, I added both of those myself for more "substance" and flavor.

April
8 cups of water
4 chicken bulion cubes
6-7 sm-med red potatos peeled and cut into cubes
1/2 head of cabbage finely chopped ( I put this in the food processor)
1-2 small heads of broc. (I just cut the heads off (sounds bad doesnt' it!LOL) and drop them in, they sort of dissolve anyway)
3-5 med. sized carrots sliced (also in the food processor)
1 onion (Food processor)
6-8 celery stalks chopped (food processor)
1 jalepeno pepper (cut and deseeded) ( I keep the seeds, I love spicy food)
16 ozs (1lb) of LIGHT Velvetta Cheese cut into cubes
Salt and Pepper

Throw everything but the cheese into the pot and cook for 30 mins on med-high heat stirrig frequently until potato's are cooked.
Turn stove off, stir in cheese until completely melted.

Warning this makes alot, usually I make it for myself and it lasts me 4-5 days for lunch and dinner. The serving is 1 1/2 cups is 2 points per WW. Sometimes I'll take 3/4c in for lunch (1pt) to go with my sandwhich.
Also when first made it's more liquididy (is that a word? LOL) but after it sits and cools and I put it in the fridge it thickens up which is the way I like it.

priji
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Anshu's Red Lentil Sambar

Sambar powder is available in Indian markets and online. Serve over freshly cooked basmati rice.

1 cup red lentils
3 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons cold-pressed canola oil [see note above]
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 hot green chiles, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 teaspoons sambar powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup diced eggplant
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Combine the lentils and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer until soft, 30 minutes. Set aside, do not drain. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the onion, garlic, chiles, and ginger and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the sambar powder, coriander, cayenne, cumin, salt, and garam masala. Add the carrots, cauliflower, green beans, and eggplant. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to soften. Add the vegetable mixture to the reserved lentils, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice and cilantro and cook 5 minutes longer.

~Kathie
03-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Anshu's Red Lentil Sambar

Sambar powder is available in Indian markets and online. Serve over freshly cooked basmati rice.

1 cup red lentils
3 1/2 cups water
2 tablespoons cold-pressed canola oil [see note above]
1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
1 onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 hot green chiles, seeded and minced
1 teaspoon grated ginger
1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
2 teaspoons sambar powder
1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
1 cup chopped carrots
1 cup chopped cauliflower
1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 cup diced eggplant
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Combine the lentils and water in a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer until soft, 30 minutes. Set aside, do not drain. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds. When they begin to pop, add the onion, garlic, chiles, and ginger and cook until softened, 5 minutes. Stir in the tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Stir in the sambar powder, coriander, cayenne, cumin, salt, and garam masala. Add the carrots, cauliflower, green beans, and eggplant. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to soften. Add the vegetable mixture to the reserved lentils, cover, and simmer until the vegetables are soft, 20 minutes. Add the lemon juice and cilantro and cook 5 minutes longer.

This sounds great and is VEGAN....yay!!!

Tell me about cold pressed canola oil? And what kind of a flavor does the Sambar powder give? What is Garam Masala?

Lots od questions!!! Thanks!

m 'n c
03-22-2008, 08:00 AM
I can't remember if I've posted this one before or not. I put it in my blog yesterday. Such a quick and easy recipe and very tasty!

http://chattywomen.com/pinkritas/2008/03/21/southwestern-pork-chops/

Kathie- she doesn't get on too much so you might just have to google those items you are asking about.

~Kathie
06-14-2008, 08:13 PM
Kathie- she doesn't get on too much so you might just have to google those items you are asking about.

Thanks I will do that. :thanks:

pattip03
08-10-2008, 07:44 PM
Anyone have any new or different WW recipes? Haven't seen anything new in a while..... :eat:

m 'n c
08-10-2008, 09:36 PM
I made this one again the other night and it was really good. I'll have to try some new ones in the next week or two. I'm making red beans and rice this week while Mike is in Beaumont. I'll try and figure out the points on it.

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showpost.php?p=18001&postcount=22

3dog2kidmom
08-10-2008, 09:49 PM
I have to say that the Fix It And Forget It Lightly Chicken Soft Tacos have become one of my "go to" WW meals each week.

Tricia... would you please share this recipe?

SunshineGirl
08-10-2008, 10:22 PM
Tricia... would you please share this recipe?

Sure! It's just a can or rotel tomatoes mixed with a packet of taco mix. Poor that mixture over the chicken breasts and let it cook all day (about 6 hours on high if they are thawed). I sometimes add a little extra water if it is going to be cooking longer. Toward the end, I shred the chicken and let it sit in the juice.

We use it the first nice for soft tacos--with low fat tortillas, ww cheese, low fat sour cream, salsa, and black beans. The next night I take all of the same stuff minus the tortillas and add it to mixed greens. Perfect taco salad!

If you want to stretch the meal a little further, have half a can of the Progresso Southwestern soup with it (0 points).

speechteachri
08-14-2008, 10:21 PM
Hey Tricia, I made the chicken tacos yesterday......YUM!!!!!

Everyone loved them, and easy, easy, easy!!

Thanks!:sunshine2:

kim2430
09-29-2008, 05:03 PM
The Taco Soup is off the dlwz site, here it is:

Taco Soup

This recipe was given to me at my W.W. meeting from another member
(thank you Barb) who found it to be delicious and low in points.
I have tried it and it is indeed delicious! Enjoy!

Makes (12) 1 cup servings

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground turkey (or lean ground beef )
1 large onion, chopped
1 pkg. Hidden Valley ranch dressing mix
1 pkg. Taco Seasoning mix
1 can Pinto Beans
1 can Chile Hot Beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can stewed tomatoes (Mexican flavor)
1 can stewed tomatoes (any flavor)

Brown meat and onions, drain. Mix Hidden Valley Ranch dressing mix and
taco seasoning mix into meat. Then, without draining, add all of the other
ingredients. Simmer 1 hour. If you can find the reduced sodium taco
seasoning and the reduced sodium Hidden Valley it is very helpful because
of the high sodium count in both the seasonings and the chili hot beans.
This is delicious served with Baked Tostitos chips
(they aren't in the point count per cup serving).

SERVING SIZE: 1 cup soup

The Baked Tostitos chips are 2 points for 9 chips.

The black bean chili is off the back of a package of Butterball Lean ground turkey breast. I couldn't find it online so I'll have to type it out tomorrow.

kim2430
10-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Sorry-I have it just forgot to post it!

Black Bean Turkey Chili

1 pkg, Butterball ground white turkey
1 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp each: salt and cumin
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can black beans, drained
1 can mild chili beans
1 can whole kernel corn
1 can chicken broth

Cook turkey and onion in a skillet:drain. Stir in spices-add tomatoes, beans, broth and corn. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.

Hedy
02-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I get her everyday. I want to try out the hungry girl alfredo but I"m scared of tofu noodles.

I re-tried the noodles yesterday. I tried thinking "tofu" vs. noodles-I pressed them 2x after draining. The sauce made it taste ok, but it still tasted off (I used the peanut sauce in her book), but the noodles have this weird "snap" that turned me off.

fourfoxesinpa
02-23-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure if anyone posted this here before but I tried this yesterday. It was the easiest cake! Dump a box of angel food cake mix into a 9x13 pan and add a can of crushed pineapple (including the juice). Mix (don't be surprised if it gets fizzy). Bake at 375 until toothpick comes out clean. 12 big slices at 3 points a slice. I added some ff cool whip for another point. Next time, I might add some sliced strawberrries on top. Very tasty!

m 'n c
02-24-2009, 09:24 AM
I'm trying Beef-Lite today. I set it to cook overnight in the crockpot. Only complaint was the stuff on the edges and bottom burnt. grr.

Beef-Lite

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 can 98% FF cream of celery soup
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup (or another veggie)

1. Spray slow cooker with fat free cooking spray (or insert a liner)
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker (I just put in the beef raw)
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (would go with 6 hours)
4. Serve over hot rice

I'm doing a 1/2 cup of the beef mixture over a 1/2 cup of brown rice. It comes out to be 5.3 WW points per serving. Hope it's good as it makes 6 servings that way.

speechteachri
02-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I'm not sure if anyone posted this here before but I tried this yesterday. It was the easiest cake! Dump a box of angel food cake mix into a 9x13 pan and add a can of crushed pineapple (including the juice). Mix (don't be surprised if it gets fizzy). Bake at 375 until toothpick comes out clean. 12 big slices at 3 points a slice. I added some ff cool whip for another point. Next time, I might add some sliced strawberrries on top. Very tasty!

I make this all the time. A famous old WW recipe! Tried and true!

I'm trying Beef-Lite today. I set it to cook overnight in the crockpot. Only complaint was the stuff on the edges and bottom burnt. grr.

Beef-Lite

1 lb extra lean ground beef
1 pkg dry onion soup mix
1 can 98% FF cream of celery soup
1 can 98% FF cream of mushroom soup (or another veggie)

1. Spray slow cooker with fat free cooking spray (or insert a liner)
2. Combine all ingredients in slow cooker (I just put in the beef raw)
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (would go with 6 hours)
4. Serve over hot rice

I'm doing a 1/2 cup of the beef mixture over a 1/2 cup of brown rice. It comes out to be 5.3 WW points per serving. Hope it's good as it makes 6 servings that way.

Cate, how was this??

m 'n c
02-26-2009, 07:54 PM
The beef-lite was ok. It seemed like it needed something added to it flavor wise but I don't know yet. I'd make it again.

m 'n c
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
I just tried a great fish recipe the other night. It was really quick and easy.

3-4 fillets of fish
1 cup salsa
1 cup brown rice
fajita seasoning

Optional:
saute some diced onions in olive oil and butter
olives

Saute onions. Season fish. Put fish into skillet, cover with salsa. Cook 3-4 minutes. Flip. Cover with remaining salsa. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Serve over brown rice.

pbhall13
07-25-2009, 11:15 AM
lots of great recipes here! Wondering if anyone has tried some new ones that they want to add..........

Pamela

pbhall13
08-14-2009, 08:09 PM
tried the french fry bake.......but had to substitute the soups..I uses cream of chicken and cream of potato..........so so good! I didn't think I would like it, but very tastey..........now have to see what the kids think!

MrsWonka
09-16-2009, 12:36 PM
lots of great recipes here! Wondering if anyone has tried some new ones that they want to add..........

Pamela

I am just starting out, and for me, my weakness is "white creamy" stuff, eg. Mayo, Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing...my cousin turned me onto a great sub...

Hidden Valley Ranch Dips Packets, you can add them to fat free sour cream and they are no additional points. I buy the stuff in the little container that looks like a cow, not sure of the brand.

I also use this packet in ground turkey...make fabulous meat for burrittos.

m 'n c
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm cooking again - finally! But so far it has just been old recipes I've already posted. I'll see if I can pick a new one for next week to try out and share.

m 'n c
05-23-2010, 09:49 PM
This is a family favorite for weekend lunches and dinners. This is the official Hungry-Girl version but I've modified my own to swap out the mashed butternut squash to boxed, instant mashed potatoes (about 1/3 cup)

HG's KFC-Ya Later Bowl!

A Bowl in One!

A ginormous bowl that includes fried items, corn niblets, gravy and cheese cannot POSSIBLY be Hungry Girl approved, can it? Ummmm, YES it can. We promise! Our swapped-out version of this Kentucky Fried MESS will save you more than half the calories and most of the fat. We rock! But we must confess, this recipe was inspired by one of our faithful subscribers, who emailed in to tell us that she and her boyfriend make their own version of these bowls at home. Thanks, Angie!

Ingredients:

1 cup cubed butternut squash

1 oz. skim milk

2 tbsp. canned corn niblets; heated

1/2 oz. fat-free cheese, cheddar or American; shredded

2 oz. Heinz Fat Free Classic Chicken Gravy; heated

1 Morningstar Farms Chik Patty, Original

salt and pepper; to taste

Directions:

In a covered dish, microwave butternut squash pieces for 4 - 6 minutes (until tender) in a very small amount of water. Drain very well and then mash squash with the skim milk and a little salt. Place mashed squash in a medium-sized bowl. Next, sprinkle corn niblets over your squash. Prepare "chicken" patty according to package and cut into small pieces. Place patty pieces on top of your corn-topped squash. Drizzle with gravy. Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!

Serving size: 1 bowl (entire recipe)

Calories: 285

Fat: 6.5g

Sodium: 1,080mg

Carbs: 44g

Fiber: 5g

Sugars: 8g

Protein: 15g

*5 Points!

momof3lovebugs
05-23-2010, 11:46 PM
thanks for posting....it looks good to me (except for teh ff cheese!) but my family will not eat it. I hate that to eat healthy I either have to eat less or make myself an entirely different dish....sigh..

m 'n c
05-24-2010, 07:23 PM
thanks for posting....it looks good to me (except for teh ff cheese!) but my family will not eat it. I hate that to eat healthy I either have to eat less or make myself an entirely different dish....sigh..

The good thing about it is it is a 1 portion meal so when the kids are in school and the husband is at work you can make it for lunch :sunshine:

m 'n c
05-24-2010, 07:27 PM
This is my made up recipe for fish tacos. They turn out really tasty.

Ingredients/Utinsels:
1 cookie sheet
Aluminum Foil
1 bag frozen tilapia filets
1/3 packet of fajita seasoning
Spray Butter
cheese
tortillas

Toppings:
Lettuce
Salsa
Red Cabbage
Tomatoes

Preheat oven to 425.
Line cookie sheet with foil.
Place frozen filets on the foil and spray each fillet twice with spray butter. Sprinkle some seasoning on each spray and then rub seasoning into fish.
Flip fish and repeat.
cover with aluminum foil to make a "packet" and seal all edges. Place in oven and cook for 13 minutes.

It really is that simple. :)

m 'n c
05-25-2010, 11:59 PM
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND RICE

1 (10 3/4 oz) can Healthy Request Cream of Chicken Soup
1 (1oz) package dry onion soup mix
2 cups water
2 cups (6oz) uncooked instant rice
16 oz chicken breast, skinned and boned and cut into 36 pieces
1 cup sliced canned mushroom, drained
1/8 tsp black pepper

Spray a slow cooker with cooking spray. Combine in the crockpot the chicken soup, dry onion soup mix, water and uncooked rice. Stir in the chicken, mushrooms and pepper. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours. Gently stir just before serving.
6 servings (1 cup), 3 POINTS each

** I will verify those points in the morning.**

m 'n c
06-10-2010, 01:20 PM
This is a recipe for 1 but I tend to just use an entire pack of frozen fish and a large bunch of asparagus.

So-Fancy Fish Pack

PER SERVING (entire recipe): 205 calories, 4g fat, 412mg sodium, 6g carbs, 2.75g fiber, 3g sugars, 35g protein -- POINTS® value 4*

This tastes like a fancy-schmancy restaurant meal, but it's something you can whip up at home in a FLASH. Nothing fishy about that!

http://admin.hungry-girl.com/banner/sofancyfishpack_sml.jpg
Ingredients:
6 oz. raw tilapia, cod, or similar type of white fish
8 thin (or 6 thick) asparagus stalks, tough ends removed
2 slices lemon
1 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
1/2 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
1/2 tsp. crushed garlic
1/8 tsp. salt

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

In a small bowl, mix together butter, parsley, garlic, and salt to form a thick paste. Set aside.

Lay a large piece of heavy-duty foil in front of you. Line up the stalks side by side (like a raft) in the center of the foil. Lay the fish on top of the asparagus.

Spread butter mixture evenly over the fish, and top with lemon slices. Fold and seal the top and bottom edges of the foil, and then the side edges, to create a well-sealed packet.

Place packet on a baking sheet, and cook in the oven for about 15 minutes, until asparagus is tender and fish is cooked through.

Allow packet to cool for a few minutes, and then cut to release steam before opening it entirely. (Careful -- steam will be hot.) Arrange fish and asparagus on a plate (use the lemon slices as a pretty garnish), admire, and eat!

MAKES 1 SERVING

m 'n c
06-10-2010, 01:25 PM
Shrimpy Couscous

I made this recipe up last night to go with the fish foil packets. It turned out pretty well and was a good compliment to the asparagus and fish.

Ingredients:
Whole Wheat Couscous (plain kind)
Lemon juice
minced garlic
frozen chopped broccoli
cocktail or salad sized shrimp (cooked, deveined, and peeled)
fat free feta

Make the couscous following the directions on the box (1.5 cups of water to 1 cup of couscous, 1 tbsp olive oil). While it is resting, heat your shrimps on medium heat in a skillet - enough to warm them. Defrost the broccoli in the microwave and heat till warm. Crumble feta (I found the FF feta in the gourment cheese section of Kroger and it was blocked not crumbled). Mix all of these ingredients with the couscous and add in the garlic and lemon juice until it has the taste you desire. It was very quick and easy - under 10 minutes.

I brought it to work today and added in about a 1/4 cup of almonds and that was tasty. Next time I'm going to pick up pine nuts at the grocery store.

m 'n c
06-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Not sure if I posted this one before or not (maybe I blogged it) but it is Mike and I's new favorite weekend lunch (behind the KF See you later Bowl)

Slow cook 3 chicken breasts in diet coke on low for 6-8 hours. Drain off diet coke and shred chicken. Measure out how much chicken you want in each wrap and put into a bowl with 1/4 cup pineapple and 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce. Mix and place in microwave for 45 seconds. Transfer to Mission Tortilla Whole Wheat Low Carb fajita sized shells and eat! Also tastes really good with a half slice of cheese and grilled onions.

m 'n c
06-21-2010, 07:40 PM
I thought I posted this last week but I guess I didn't LOL

Salsa Fish in a packet

Another hungry girl recipe. All you need is foil, fish, a cookie sheet, fruit flavored salsa and half an onion.

line cookie sheet with foil. Place fish on foil, cover with as much salsa as desired then top with diced up onions. Cover and seal foil into a packet and bake 12ish minutes on 425. Very tasty.

m 'n c
06-23-2010, 08:55 PM
OMGoodness! I just made a fantastic dinner. I was amazed at how good it was. Basically I got to the point where I snacked too much at work and was left with 6 points for dinner. So I did a little browsing on the WW site and came up with Chicken Parmigiana and then decided to add some grilled veggies with it and crushed tomato.

So here is what you need:
2 slices low cal bread
3 tbsp parmigiana cheese
italian seasoning
1 egg (egg beaters are fine)
1 pound of chicken
1 can crushed tomato
minced garlic (optional)

mix bread with seasoning in a food processor until bread crumbs are formed. Place on a plate or shallow bowl. Put egg in another shallow bowl and mix/scramble. Dip chicken in egg them in bread crumbs and shake off excess. Transfer to a baking dish. Top with garlic and crushed tomatoes and bake on 400 for 15-20 minutes.

For veggies, I sprayed nonstick spray on the George Foreman grill and then placed asparagus on the surface, spray with a few squirts of I can't believe it isn't butter spray and then salt and pepper to taste. Do the same with onions and green beans/string beans.

Only 4 WW points per serving and it makes 4 servings.

speechteachri
06-24-2010, 10:30 AM
Not a recipe, but I just found out about a couple of new products that I wanted to share.

I have been wanting to start back to WW meetings, but one of the reasons I haven't is that I don't want to start eating products again with artificial sweeteners. I have felt SO much better since I cut them from my diet. Unfortunately, when I last did WW, I ate lot of artificially sweeted things to keep my points down. I can't di that this time around. Any way, I just found out about 3 new beverages that are sweetened with Stevia, which is the sweetener I now use exclusively when I want 0 pts.

Crystal Light now makes flavor packets sweetened with Stevia
Vitamin Water now makes a 0 cal flavored water sweetened with Stevia.
Zevia sodas (found them at Whole Foods) are sweetened with Stevia as well.

I have not tried the Crystal Light or Vitamin water yet, but I have tried the Zevia, and it is pretty good, although pricey. I am anxious to try the others and will post after I do.

It is nice to have an option for 0 cal flavored beverages that are not artificially sweetened!! YAY!:)

mmm611
06-29-2010, 06:21 PM
This is a family favorite for weekend lunches and dinners. This is the official Hungry-Girl version but I've modified my own to swap out the mashed butternut squash to boxed, instant mashed potatoes (about 1/3 cup)

HG's KFC-Ya Later Bowl!

A Bowl in One!

A ginormous bowl that includes fried items, corn niblets, gravy and cheese cannot POSSIBLY be Hungry Girl approved, can it? Ummmm, YES it can. We promise! Our swapped-out version of this Kentucky Fried MESS will save you more than half the calories and most of the fat. We rock! But we must confess, this recipe was inspired by one of our faithful subscribers, who emailed in to tell us that she and her boyfriend make their own version of these bowls at home. Thanks, Angie!

Ingredients:

1 cup cubed butternut squash

1 oz. skim milk

2 tbsp. canned corn niblets; heated

1/2 oz. fat-free cheese, cheddar or American; shredded

2 oz. Heinz Fat Free Classic Chicken Gravy; heated

1 Morningstar Farms Chik Patty, Original

salt and pepper; to taste

Directions:

In a covered dish, microwave butternut squash pieces for 4 - 6 minutes (until tender) in a very small amount of water. Drain very well and then mash squash with the skim milk and a little salt. Place mashed squash in a medium-sized bowl. Next, sprinkle corn niblets over your squash. Prepare "chicken" patty according to package and cut into small pieces. Place patty pieces on top of your corn-topped squash. Drizzle with gravy. Top with shredded cheese and enjoy!

Serving size: 1 bowl (entire recipe)

Calories: 285

Fat: 6.5g

Sodium: 1,080mg

Carbs: 44g

Fiber: 5g

Sugars: 8g

Protein: 15g

*5 Points!

I just made this for dinner and aside from having soupy mashed potatoes (also swapped those for the squash), it was delicious! I was kind of skeptical of how it would taste, but it actually IS very close in taste to the KFC version.

Thanks for the recipe, Cate!

momof3lovebugs
06-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Just thought I would share a really yummy recipe I have made the last couple days. Inspired by a friend and done w/WW in mind.

Asian wraps

dice up your favorite combos of

red, green, yellow bell pepper
cucumber
carrots
mushrooms
celery

dice up chicken breast or use canned chicken

brown rice

Trader joe's Soyaki sauce or any other asian sauce

combine all ingredients above then use butter lettuce, romain or any other hearty lettuce for the wraps.

They are so low cal! There is high sodium in the soyaki sauce but it's worth it to me since I don't use that much anywhere else.

So delish! I had them for dinner and lunch! You could also use broccoli and I was even thinking mandarin oranges or adding almonds for a kick. :D

lettuce for wraps

m 'n c
06-29-2010, 08:29 PM
Big Bowl of Breakfast (HungryGirl recipe)

Ingredients:
1 tray frozen Green Giant Just for One Broccoli and Cheese Sauce
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (egg Beaters)
3/4 cup frozen potatoes (O’Brien)
1 slice Canadian bacon, chopped
2 tbsp shredded, fat-free cheddar cheese

Making it into a meal:

1. Prepare Broccoli and Cheese sauce according to package directions. Set aside
2. Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add egg substitute and scramble for 2-3 minutes, until fully cooked. Place scrambled egg substitute into a microwave safe bowl and set aside.
3. Remove skillet from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and return to heat. Raise heat to medium-high and add potatoes. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thawed and lightly browned.
4. Add Canadian Bacon and cook until hot and a little crispy, about 1-2 minutes.
5. Add potato-bacon mix to the bowl with the egg scramble and then add broccoli and cheese and stir.
6. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of the bowl and microwave for 30 to 45 seconds.

5 Weight Watcher points per serving

3dog2kidmom
07-06-2010, 09:22 AM
We love this at our house. It's simple -- my 10-year-old even makes it often!

--

from recipezaar.com

Santa Fe Beans and Rice Recipe #151779

"One of my favorite frozen weight watchers dinners is Santa Fe Beans and Rice. This is my knock off version that comes pretty close."
by KelBel
45 min | 10 min prep

SERVES 8
2 cups cooked white rice
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup frozen corn
1 (10 ounce) can of diced Mexican-style tomatoes (like Rotel)
1 cup salsa
1 cup low-fat sour cream
2 cups shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend, divided
1 small red onion, chopped
1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained

1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, sour cream, 1 cup cheese and cooked rice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Transfer to a greased 2 quart baking dish and top with onions and olives.
4. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheese and bake 5-10 minutes longer until cheese is melted.

Calories 196
Calories from Fat 45 (22%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 5.0g 7%
Saturated Fat 2.5g 12%
Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 11mg 3%
Sodium 418mg 17%
Potassium 379mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 32.6g 10%
Dietary Fiber 4.9g 19%
Sugars 1.4g
Protein 6.9g 13%

3dog2kidmom
07-14-2010, 08:12 PM
Adding a recipe that I had tonight. I got it from my non-cooking coworker who is addicted to fish tacos right now.

Fish Tacos!
1 package of frozen tilapia filets
1 package of taco seasoning
spray butter
alumnium foil
taco toppings
la tortilla factory tortillas (or another low fat tortilla)

thaw out filets in cold water. line a baking sheet with alum. foil. place filets on the foil, spray with butter then sprinkle with some taco seasoning. Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees. warm up tortillas in microwave. Put cooked fish along with desired toppings in the wrap and enjoy. Mine made 5 fish tacos at about 3 points each (1 pt for fish, 1 pt for tortilla, 1 pt for cheese, 0 pts salsa)

Making these tonight!!! For my taco toppings, we are using refried black beans w/jalapeno, and a mix of finely diced tomatoes, vidalia onion, cucumber, and zucchini. Chopped romaine too. CAN'T wait till they are ready :)

m 'n c
07-14-2010, 10:32 PM
Borrowed from my blog

For lunch today, I consulted my meal plan and noted that on Friday, Mike and I were scheduled to eat the BBQ Chicken Chop Chop Salad – a HungryGirl recipe. Unfortunately, I was trapped in New Orleans waiting for the Houston airport to reopen so I could get home. Therefore, no salad for me (I had this “deli” salad) and Mike had a BBQ chicken wrap. I decided to just swap things up and make the salad today as I had a huge bag of lettuce needing to be eaten.

I really liked this salad. It was quick and easy to put together and is a great use of left over Diet Coke Chicken. I didn’t have red onions or jicama so I had to do without. It wasn’t a huge issue but I did notice that they would have provided a nice crunch to the salad. We topped ours off with Ranch dressing – Full fat for Mike and Spritzer Ranch for me. Very tasty.

6 Weight Watcher Points

Makes 1 serving

Ingredients:
For Salad:
3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
3 ounces cooked boneless skinless lean chicken breast, chopped
1/2 medium cucumber, chopped
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/3 cup chopped jicama
1/4 cup chopped red onions
2 tbsp canned sweet corn kernels
2 tbsp canned black beans
Optional: 1 tbsp chopped cilantro

For dressing:
1/4 cup canned tomato sauce
2 tbsp ketchup
2 tsp brown sugar (not packed)
2 tsp cider vinegar
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Chopping it up:

1. Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Coat chicken in sauce. Heat if desired.
2. Place all other ingredients in a bowl and toss until mixed.
3. Top salad with BBQ chicken and enjoy

To make things even easier, use the Diet Coke chicken and coat with 1/4 cup of bottled BBQ sauce.

m 'n c
09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
I would give this dinner 3 out of 5 stars. Not terrible but I've never really had cucumber yogurt sauce and I thought it was a little sour. I just need to practice with it and sweeten it up a little. I served with a garden salad and roasted broccoli and cauliflower (seasoned with ground cumin and ground coriander seed)

Grilled Tandoori Chicken and Red Onion Skewers with Couscous

http://aka.weightwatchers.com/images/1033/dynamic/foodandrecipes/2008/06/grilltandoorichickenskewers_n_lg.jpg

2 people rated this recipe
Course: main meals
POINTS® Value: 6
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 9 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

These well-seasoned chicken skewers certainly beat plain grilled chicken. Bottled tandoori spice mix makes prep work a snap (just ease up on the amount if you can't stand too much heat).

Ingredients
1 1/4 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken thigh(s), cut into 32 chunks (about 4 pieces per thigh)
1 1/4 cup(s) plain fat-free yogurt, divided
2 Tbsp tandoori spice mix
1/2 cup(s) cucumber(s), English variety, diced
3 Tbsp mint leaves, fresh, chopped
1/4 tsp table salt
1 medium red onion(s), cut into 16 wedges
2 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
2 cup(s) cooked whole wheat couscous, kept warm
Instructions

* Put chicken, 1/2 cup of yogurt and spice mix in a resealable plastic food storage bag. Seal bag and turn to mix and coat. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on lowest shelf for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours.

* To make sauce, in a small bowl, stir together remaining 3/4 cup of yogurt, cucumber, mint and salt until blended; refrigerate until ready to serve.

* Preheat grill. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken and onion wedges onto 8 metal skewers, using 4 pieces of chicken and 2 pieces of onion per skewer. (If using wooden skewers soak them in water 30 minutes before use to prevent burning.) Coat chicken and onions with cooking spray.

* Grill skewers, turning often, until chicken is no longer pink in center, about 7 to 9 minutes. Serve skewers over couscous with sauce on the side. Yields 2 skewers, 1/2 cup of couscous and about 1/4 cup of sauce per serving.

m 'n c
09-15-2010, 08:34 PM
I should add that I found the tandoori seasoning from Kroger to be a ripoff and a PITA to store after using my 2 Tbsp. I did look up tandoori seasoning on MySpiceSage and found it to be a tad cheaper and I like that their bags are resealable (unlike the Kroger bag). So you might want to order from them before making the Tandoori chicken.

speechteachri
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Made an awesomely delicious chicken recipe today for the first time. The recipe came from a Weight Watchers recipe from somewhere along the , but I didn't really go by all the listed amounts:

Greek Tomato-Feta Chicken

thin sliced chicken breast cutlets
dried oregano
salt
pepper
olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes (I used a can of diced with the juice)
fresh minced garlic (I used 2 large cloves)
1/2 teaspon lemon zest (I used approx. 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice)
1/2 cup (I used a little more) diced (small) cucumber
1/4 cup reduced fat feta
fresh chopped mint (I didn't have any so I left it out)

Sprinkle both sides of chicken in parsley and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken in skillet in oil and allow to cook through. Remove chicken into oven safe dish and keep warm while making sauce.

Simmer tomatoes and garlic in skillet with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Allow to reduce slightly.

Remove chicken from oven and place in plate. Spoon sauce over chicken and top with cucumbers and a little bit of feta.

YUM!!!!! My dd said she wants me to make it again tomorrow!! :clap:

(WW cookbook lists this recipe as 4 pts. per serving. The way I made it it is probably a couple more pts, because I probably used a little more oil than called for, and I didn't use lowfat feta.)

m 'n c
04-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Sliders - PointPlus value of 6

HG's Queen-of-the-Castle Sliders

Royally Delicious

Good things come in small packages. These amazing little burgers are even cooked on a bed of onions, just like the White Castle originals. Woohoo!!

Ingredients:
4 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef
2 slices light bread (40 - 45 calories each with at least 2g fiber per slice)
1/3 cup chopped onion
4 hamburger dill pickle chips
1/8 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
Optional condiments: ketchup and mustard

Directions:
Combine beef and seasonings in a small bowl, and knead mixture by hand until integrated. Divide seasoned beef evenly into four balls. Flatten and form each ball into a square patty on a plate. Using a knife, make four small slits on the top of each patty. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes.

Bring a pan sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Spread onion out on the pan. Place the patties on top of the onion, slit-side down, and cover the pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes (no flipping necessary), or until cooked through.

Meanwhile, cut each slice of bread into four squares, for a total of eight pieces. (If you like, slightly toast bread first.) Feel free to spread ketchup and/or mustard onto four pieces. Set aside.

Once patties are cooked through, scoop each one along with the onion beneath it onto one piece of bread. Top each with a pickle chip and then another bread piece (or the other way around, if you want to be fancy!). Let cool slightly, and then slide 'em into your mouth!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 4 sliders (entire recipe)
Calories: 254
Fat: 5.5g
Sodium: 924mg
Carbs: 26g
Fiber: 6g
Sugars: 5.5g
Protein: 29g

PointsPlus™ value 6*

http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1272

poshpartymommy
08-08-2011, 10:57 AM
Dinner mystery for tonight is solved.... I am going to make those Asian Wraps listed above. I'll let you know how it turns out.;)

m 'n c
08-08-2011, 01:07 PM
Glad this thread helped. I had the same dilemma yesterday and went with the Cheeseburger and Fry casserole.

m 'n c
08-09-2011, 12:54 PM
New recipe!! I am going to make it next week but I'm going to cut everything in half and just make 2 servings. I'm also going to use imitation crab since that is what I have in the freezer already.

Crabmeat Salad in a Cantaloupe Bowl
Weight Watchers Recipe

http://aka.weightwatchers.com/images/1033/dynamic/foodandrecipes/2010/06/CrabSaladCantaloupeBowl_n_lg.jpg

Course: main meals
PointsPlus™ Value: 8
Preparation Time: 20 min
Cooking Time: 0 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy

This succulent crabmeat salad is neatly served in an edible bowl. The sweet melon provides a lovely complement to the slightly-spiced crab mixture.

Ingredients
1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie mayonnaise
2 medium scallion(s), finely chopped
2 Tbsp ketchup
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp sweet red pepper(s), minced or finely chopped
1 Tbsp onion(s), minced or finely chopped
1 Tbsp parsley, fresh, minced or finely chopped
1 Tbsp sweet pickle relish
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
1 pound(s) lump crabmeat, fresh, picked over to remove any shells
2 small cantaloupe, halved and seeded
1 Tbsp chives, fresh, finely chopped
Instructions

Place mayonnaise, scallions, ketchup, lemon juice, red pepper, onion, parsley, relish, mustard and salt in a blender or food processor; blend until smooth (add a touch of water to obtain a thinner dressing consistency, if desired).

Put crabmeat in a medium bowl and toss with mayonnaise mixture (add as much or as little as desired).

Slice a sliver off the bottom of each melon half so it will sit flat on a plate; spoon about 1 cup of crabmeat salad into each half, garnish with chives and serve. Yields half a filled melon per serving.

Notes

Shrimp or lobster can easily be substituted for the crabmeat if preferred.
Also, in the reviews someone subbed fat free cream cheese instead of the mayo to cut the calories a little more.

SunshineGirl
08-08-2012, 09:14 AM
Not sure if I posted this one before or not (maybe I blogged it) but it is Mike and I's new favorite weekend lunch (behind the KF See you later Bowl)

Slow cook 3 chicken breasts in diet coke on low for 6-8 hours. Drain off diet coke and shred chicken. Measure out how much chicken you want in each wrap and put into a bowl with 1/4 cup pineapple and 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce. Mix and place in microwave for 45 seconds. Transfer to Mission Tortilla Whole Wheat Low Carb fajita sized shells and eat! Also tastes really good with a half slice of cheese and grilled onions.

I am making this tonight!

m 'n c
08-08-2012, 07:53 PM
I have a new recipe for you but I need to get my notes. I combined 2 recipes into one and made a low fat Creamed Kale & Spinach side dish this week. Very yummy.

I also made Hungry Girl's BBQ Chicken and Apple slow cooked meal and I'd give it a 3 out of 5. I think I'm just not in the mood for mushy slow cooked food right now.

mellymel261
08-08-2012, 10:14 PM
I joined last month and have found so many great dinner recipes!

m 'n c
08-17-2012, 10:40 PM
Ok. Here is creamed spinach/kale/other greens

6 cups greens (preferably cooked but if not just boil for 5ish minutes) or just use a frozen box or two. Squeeze out as much water as possible.

Saute minced garlic and onions (optional)

add in greens and saute another minute or two

add in 2/3 cup skim milk & 2 tsp flour

add in 2oz of cream cheese

once melted take off the burner and add in 1/4 c parmesean cheese.

It is delicious and a great way to use up week old spinach.