PDA

View Full Version : Ok all you Disney addicts....

sunshinecindy
05-06-2007, 08:07 PM
What do you think of my new promotion coming up.......Planet Hollywood gift cards? Everytime I go to Disney I eat there, so thought this might be a good one for you gals. You are also going to see some Wendys for that quick stop on your drive to Disney. How about that?

Soccer Princess
05-06-2007, 10:07 PM
The PH ones could come in handy :) Can they be used for both food and merchandise?

lilianddomsmom
05-06-2007, 10:17 PM
i think that the ph one would be a good idea

Alice28
05-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I don't think I would do the PH one, but that's a good idea!

I do like the Wendy's one- Wendy's is the fast food chain in our airport!

pattip03
05-07-2007, 02:05 AM
Oh those are both great! Would PH also be good in Vegas since they recently bought the Aladdin? I would actually use both. :)

Lucinda
05-07-2007, 06:25 AM
I've never been to PH ,but maybe sometime I will, and I love wendy's. Great idea..

speechteachri
05-07-2007, 08:33 AM
OK, I've never eaten at Planet Hollywood. What do people think. What size GC would I need for a family of 3 (dd is 10).

I've heard mixed reviews of the rest. Fill me in!

If I had to choose between Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe, which should I choose??

Thanks for the input!

saffymom
05-07-2007, 08:34 AM
I think that's great! I probably wouldn't get the PH ones, because the last time we ate there, we didn't really care for it. But, I know a lot of people like it. I could definitely use the Wendy's ones though!:D

Sahmy
05-07-2007, 09:46 AM
We wouldn't use the Planet Hollywood ones (it was so loud when we were there that we couldn't hear each other or the waiter) but I bet a lot of people will. Although, I would like to try it again without the kids. We'll use the Wendy's.

Rainforest Cafe gcs are nice, also fuel cards and Cracker Barrel for those of us who drive. Or is that another thread? :)

pattip03
05-07-2007, 01:29 PM
I love Cracker Barrel! We only get to go to one when we go to WDW. I wish they'd open one in California. :)

SunshineGirl
05-07-2007, 01:33 PM
OK, I've never eaten at Planet Hollywood. What do people think. What size GC would I need for a family of 3 (dd is 10).

If I had to choose between Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe, which should I choose??

Thanks for the input!

DD10...I think I would lean toward Rainforest Cafe, especially if she has never been there before. We try to go almost every time we go to Disney. No preference between the ones at DTD and AK.

I like to go just with DH to Planet Hollywood. It was a little noisy for the kids. But it is also a little more "hip" for couples, especiallyin the evenings with the DJ there.

Sahmy
05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
Tricia or Cindy,

What are the most popular cashouts? After Disney cards and dollars. :)

SunshineGirl
05-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Tricia or Cindy,

What are the most popular cashouts? After Disney cards and dollars. :)

Disney is probably still 75% of our cashouts. Then maybe 10% to Paypal? After that, the other 15% is a little bit of a hodgepodge. Definitely Target and Walmart. A few Darden and Landrys. A few Amazon or GiftCertificates.com. Every once in awhile, a Blockbuster, Borders, or Starbucks. I think we have had a few Kohls and 1 Footlocker.

The Cheshire Cat
05-07-2007, 06:35 PM
What do you think of my new promotion coming up.......Planet Hollywood gift cards? Everytime I go to Disney I eat there, so thought this might be a good one for you gals. You are also going to see some Wendys for that quick stop on your drive to Disney. How about that?

PH isn't for our family. :sorry: It's ok just not a stop we make.

Would love to see Rainforest Cafe gc's!

Lowie
05-07-2007, 07:57 PM
isn't planet hollywood in DTD on the dining plan? well, either way.. i'll probably stick to paypal.

kerry34
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
I have never eaten at PH, but anything to do with Disney sounds good to me. Maybe sometime we will try it. I am also interested in Rainforest Cafe gift cards. Two of my kids have been there when they were very small, but the others haven't yet. I am thinking about taking them on our next trip. :)

sunshinecindy
05-13-2007, 08:34 PM
Rainforest is on Landrys and we have those also. Good card, has a lot of other places too that are just outside of Disney. And the new Planet Hollywood ones we have for a limited time, so nows the time to get them.

3dog2kidmom
05-13-2007, 08:39 PM
Rainforest is on Landrys and we have those also. Good card, has a lot of other places too that are just outside of Disney. And the new Planet Hollywood ones we have for a limited time, so nows the time to get them.

We love Rainforest. And the portions there are so huge you can easily share. That's a good one!

kerry34
05-14-2007, 11:00 AM

Thanks Cindy...all this time and I never realized that. I guess I just saw the name Landry's and thought it was a store or restaurant we don't have around here...thats what I get for not paying attention:confused: .

Anna
05-16-2007, 07:57 AM
I think that's great! I probably wouldn't get the PH ones, because the last time we ate there, we didn't really care for it. But, I know a lot of people like it. I could definitely use the Wendy's ones though!:D

I agree. We had gift cards for PH that I purchased for our trip last year. I purchased $100 in gift cards. We had a family of 5 and our bill was ASTRONOMICAL. The food in my opinion is barely mediocre at best (not nearly Disney Quality) but definitely as high as Disney. We all got sandwiches and no dessert...our bill was over $100 and on top of that they added gratuity. I inquired about that and was told that they always did that for parties of 8 or more. I said but we only have 5. I even spoke with the manager. I got nowhere. We ended up paying nearly $50 over my $100 gift card so BEWARE. That waitress and manager were the rudest people I have ever encountered. I have never gotten so preturbed. So, we would not ever eat there again.:(

Being a Landry's restaurant, it also includes Joe's Crabshack which is a favorite of ours and the Aquarium which is another of theirs also good.

The Wendy's cards would be great though.:cooldance:

Rainforest Cafe ROCKS though! We love it! The atmosphere is awesome and the food is very good. We eat there any time we are near a Rainforest Cafe. If you join their club while you are there, you get 10% off your meal and purchases. Then you also get coupons in the mail. Very good deal.

Mandi
05-16-2007, 10:43 AM
No PH around Disneyland that I know of. So I wouldn't redeem it. But it's a nice idea for those of you who do WDW. :)

kimntrent
05-16-2007, 12:04 PM
There are far superior places at WDW then planet hollywood. How about wolfgang pucks?
________
250 GAS GIFT CARDS (http://bestfreegiftcard.com/250-gas-gift-cards/)

plantlady
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM

Thanks for the input!

We weren't happy with Planet Hollywood. It was the food quality that got us (although they did have some delightful appitizers). It wasn't *special* enough for our Disney Vacation.

The noise didn't get to us, our kids love Hard Rock Cafe.. noise is keen. Just not quite Disney enough for us.

I couldn't talk my DH into the Rainforest Cafe.. I'll work on that for next time. So, I can't compare.

I also don't know prices. We were on the dining plan.

sunshinecindy
05-17-2007, 08:25 PM
You do know that we have the Rainforest CAfe, so maybe that will sway him if you have a GC.

plantlady
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
I have considered that!

He'll eat anywhere, if I have a gift card!

rhiannonwales
05-18-2007, 09:17 AM
Just a heads up Tricia, you may be seeing more Rainforest redemptions... I dont want to break a rule and talk about another RP but a BIG one just dropped Rainforest as a redemption.A lot of Rewards users who are Disney freaks used that redemtion as the only thing they got there.Especially since they also took webcertificates away.

Alice28
05-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Interesting about the 'other' program dropping RFC; that's mostly what I got from there (which isn't much).

All the more reason just to solely do SR. :sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
05-18-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm REALLY surprised that they dropped them because they are one of the ones that you can get in bulk at a discounted price (if you order enough...which we don't really YET!). Oh well, their loss is our gain. It's one of the few ways we can compete with such a BIG rewards program.

Mom2aPrincess
05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
We love planet hollywood and it's on our list to try to go to again in December so I think the gift cards are a great idea....Sorry to hear they are for a limited time as I'm planning to let mine build between now and then (so I don't have to keep up with the gift cards for 6 months) unless this new Disney cashout is just too good to resist!! :rotfl:

I hate to hear about the other company dropping landry's...i bet it's the one I do and that's what i was saving those for...*sigh* Oh well...maybe they'll be back by dec.

sunshinecindy
05-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Landrys will be staying with us for as long as I can see. Planet Hollywood I'm not so sure, just depends on the response, but hopefully by time you are ready to cashout, we will still have them.

Mom2aPrincess
05-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Landrys will be staying with us for as long as I can see. Planet Hollywood I'm not so sure, just depends on the response, but hopefully by time you are ready to cashout, we will still have them.

Sounds good. I'm not going to worry about Planet Hollywood. It would be GREAT if it was still there, but not a real big deal....I could always just cash out a portion to paypal and use my paypal debit card. :)

tommygirl79
05-21-2007, 03:01 PM
I for one, will be one of the ones who now uses SR's RFC card - I worked for over 4 months on that OTHER site just doing clicks on there to save up for a RFC - I had JUST HIT the amount needed and they got rid of it! :computer: :computer:

NOT HAPPY!!!!!

I would be another vote for Cracker Barrel too as we ALWAYS eat both coming and going to WDW every year and it's so nice to have meals paid for in advance (of course the free dining at WDW once we get there is the icing on the proverbial cake!)

ETA - Nevermind, that "other" place just re-added RFC to their list, but now that I know that SR has it too, I'm all over it....Thanks Tricia and Cindy for everything you do!

lilianddomsmom
05-22-2007, 03:41 AM
I for one, will be one of the ones who now uses SR's RFC card - I worked for over 4 months on that OTHER site just doing clicks on there to save up for a RFC - I had JUST HIT the amount needed and they got rid of it! :computer: :computer:

NOT HAPPY!!!!!

I would be another vote for Cracker Barrel too as we ALWAYS eat both coming and going to WDW every year and it's so nice to have meals paid for in advance (of course the free dining at WDW once we get there is the icing on the proverbial cake!)

ETA - Nevermind, that "other" place just re-added RFC to their list, but now that I know that SR has it too, I'm all over it....Thanks Tricia and Cindy for everything you do!

fyi the rfc gc is back

tommygirl79
05-22-2007, 08:55 AM
fyi the rfc gc is back

Thanks! I had edited my post to indicate just that... :)

Soccer Princess
05-22-2007, 10:43 AM
Does anyone know if the Planet Hollywood GC is good at their new hotel in Vegas or just at the restaurants?? :)

sunshinecindy
05-22-2007, 06:21 PM
The card says good at Participating Planet Hollywoods.I think when I bought them they actually had an advertisement for Vegas. It does however say good for food, merchandise, tax, gratuity and beverages right on the card. You could probably call them and ask though, I'm sure they have an 800 number.

sunmagic
05-23-2007, 12:31 AM
I for one would love the Wendys one. Even for at home when I wasn't going to WDW (gasp!)

sunshinecindy
05-23-2007, 06:51 AM
Wendys is on there now, but may be limited time if we don't see a lot of people wanting them. I'm trying to figure out which GC work best.