PDA

View Full Version : Shipping a dinosaur

ligrumpygirl
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Does anybody know how much Disney charges to ship things? I need to buy my son another Rex doll to keep at my moms. Just wanted to know what I was dealing with shipping wise.

Sunni
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I do not have an answer for you, however, I must admit I had to chuckle as it looked funny to me.........shipping a dinosaur. :rotfl:
Not sure if it is because I am tired or.......the two cosmos I had :rotfl:
Good luck on shipping the T Rex!

jenvance
09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
We had the Jack Sparrow Black Pearl shipped from Disney and I don't think it was to expensive. I think it was 10 or 15 dollars, but it took awhile to get here.

ligrumpygirl
09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
We had the Jack Sparrow Black Pearl shipped from Disney and I don't think it was to expensive. I think it was 10 or 15 dollars, but it took awhile to get here.

Is that a big item? This is just a stuffed dino.

jenvance
09-07-2008, 09:40 AM
yes it was a big black toy ship

~Kathie
09-07-2008, 02:30 PM
I think they have minimum shipping rates now. It used to go by $$ amount. Not sure how they calculate it. Are you calling to order it or getting while you are there? Not sure if there is a difference in the rates but I don't think so.
You would still pay tax because there is a WOD store in NYC. Other states don't pay taxes.

If you are going there.....there is a US PO off Palm Parkway. Or a Mailboxes ETC type store (UPS) near the Publix near the Premium outlets for you to ship it yourself.

Now..all THAT being said...if you are not going to WDW and can wait until the end of October, I will pick one up for you and ship it to your mother. :)
I'd need a picture, and where to find it........visual aids are good.

ligrumpygirl
09-07-2008, 02:40 PM
~Kathie, thanks for the offer...I did have another one as well. I am going to call on Monday and see how much it will cost. Will let you all know! Thanks!

~Kathie
09-07-2008, 04:30 PM
~Kathie, thanks for the offer...I did have another one as well. I am going to call on Monday and see how much it will cost. Will let you all know! Thanks!

Just let me know!

ligrumpygirl
09-11-2008, 07:52 PM
I called WDW merchandising today and they were able to locate Rex because I was able to remember the exact store and price!

He is being shipped out this week. Thanks to those who offered to pick him up. It was only $10 to ship him and he didn't take up room in your suitcases!!

disney_girl
09-11-2008, 09:55 PM
Glad it worked out for you and Rex is on the way!!:sunshine: