PDA

View Full Version : What's the shortest??

Magical JenK
09-08-2008, 03:15 PM
Since I'm LOVING that I get to plan this unexpected trip to Disney, I'm LOVING that I'll be there in less than a month! Officially I booked at 27 days until we were going. That got me wondering...what other people's "last minute trips" were?? Normally I start planning next year's trip as soon as we get home...so about 12 months, but this year I'm lucky (I know I am!!). What was your shortest planned trip...meaning the amount of time between booking & going??

:mickey::love::minnie:

linanglab
09-08-2008, 03:27 PM
Oooo....I like this one. We officially booked last year's July trip in February, so that is 5 months in advance. However, we pretty much knew we were going, but until the hotel is booked I do not start planning.

disney_girl
09-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Ohhh how fun!!! Let's see...in 2005, DH came home and said that work was sending him to a conference to none other than ORLANDO in 3 weeks! For some VERY odd reason, he thought that I wouldn't want to go- maybe he thought I wouldn't have enough time to plan or something. DS was going to turn a year old right before our trip and we just postponed the family birthday party until we came back. It was totally awesome!! We had DVC and I had an AP. DS and I spent the mornings at the parks while DH was at the conference and then we went to the parks in the evening with DH. It worked out really well!

Although I do have to say that the beginning of June would not be my ideal time to go...but hey if they are paying for a big chunk of it, I won't complain!! We did go during Star Wars Weekend which was interesting. Every year when the conference time comes around, we cross our fingers, but no luck yet! lol

andrea2289
09-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Love this thread! Great idea! The shortest was back in 2007. I started planning in February 2007 when my husband finally caved into our whining to go back to Disney :) and I found SR in March of 2007 when I was on DisBoards! I booked through AAA which saved me about $300 at the time and by May we were Disney bound for 5 nights at Coronado Springs with the Dining plan and a stack of 'extra cash' thanks to SR! I took all of the gift cards that I cashed out for and surprised the kids each with a gift card of their own for their spending money. I am excited for you!! :banana:

Incidentally, I JUST received a 'special invitation' from Disney to come between 9/28 and 10/11 of THIS year!! It is an AWESOME deal and I am really whining this time too LOL - My hubby said he kids and I could go but I would feel bad not going with him so I'll keep you updated :D

Blessing and Miracle
09-08-2008, 04:11 PM
Ha! How about 2 days!:rotfl: Yep, last year we had our Summer vacation planned, reserved and all mapped out for Seattle, Washington. At the last minute we decided to surprise my brother and his family, and my mother who were all heading to Disney World for the first time. I didn't want the opportunity of vacationing with my mother at WDW to pass. And, the forecast was hurricane free (which it hadn't been for the previous 3 years of us trying to go). So, I pulled an all nighter and made/cancelled reservations and the seven of us (oldest son couldn't go as he was just starting a new job) heading to Orlando! Boy, were they ever more so surprised when we knocked on their hotel door!

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff125/07keke/200.jpg

Magical JenK
09-08-2008, 04:17 PM
Love this thread! Great idea! The shortest was back in 2007. I started planning in February 2007 when my husband finally caved into our whining to go back to Disney and I found SR in March of 2007 when I was on DisBoards! I booked through AAA which saved me about $300 at the time and by May we were Disney bound for 5 nights at Coronado Springs with the Dining plan and a stack of 'extra cash' thanks to SR! I took all of the gift cards that I cashed out for and surprised the kids each with a gift card of their own for their spending money. I am excited for you!! :banana:

Incidentally, I JUST received a 'special invitation' from Disney to come between 9/28 and 10/11 of THIS year!! It is an AWESOME deal and I am really whining this time too LOL - My hubby said he kids and I could go but I would feel bad not going with him so I'll keep you updated :D

Oooh I've heard about that code...of course I didn't get it, but whatever, Disney still knows they get my money! I hope you go! Free dining right?? :scarf: I say, go for it...:blush:

Ha! How about 2 days!:rotfl: Yep, last year we had our Summer vacation planned, reserved and all mapped out for Seattle, Washington. At the last minute we decided to surprise my brother and his family, and my mother who were all heading to Disney World for the first time. I didn't want the opportunity of vacationing with my mother at WDW to pass. And, the forecast was hurricane free (which it hadn't been for the previous 3 years of us trying to go). So, I pulled an all nighter and made/cancelled reservations and the seven of us (oldest son couldn't go as he was just starting a new job) heading to Orlando! Boy, were they ever more so surprised when we knocked on their hotel door!

LOVE the pic & that's just amazing that you got ressies in 2 days! You're a planning hero!! Good for you!! I bet that was fun!!!

andrea2289
09-08-2008, 04:24 PM

Love that pic Lisa ;)

Blessing and Miracle
09-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Oooh I've heard about that code...of course I didn't get it, but whatever, Disney still knows they get my money! I hope you go! Free dining right?? :scarf: I say, go for it...:blush:

LOVE the pic & that's just amazing that you got ressies in 2 days! You're a planning hero!! Good for you!! I bet that was fun!!!

Thanks! Yes, it was wonderful! Of course, all of the Disney properties were booked, but there were actually condo's still available at the same hotel my brother booked. It was absolutely fabulous, brand new and affordable! It was a hotel spa right next to an outlet shopping mall!:p We stayed for 6 nights and hit all of the parks except for epcot and an alligator farm - (Gatorland) where I actually sat on an alligator! :eek:

Love this thread. It's bringing back all sorts of memories and reminders (still haven't finished scrapping this vacation).:(

mjjmbnmm
09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
50 days.

ligrumpygirl
09-08-2008, 08:32 PM
2 months and 3 weeks?? Got engaged on April 24th (I think???? can't remember the exact date right now!) and got married on July 19th. SO I planned a wedding, honeymoon and vacation all in one!

Alice28
09-08-2008, 09:43 PM
I think we booked in mid-May, 2005, for a Sept trip. It was the free dining deal that sucked us in. We were just going to go to DL. :sunshine: