PDA

View Full Version : Question for you Disney Visa Experts

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 10:51 AM
I tried asking this on a disney forum, but haven't gotten a response that I am sure of. So I thought I would ask you wonderfully smart ladies.

Have any of you picked up the Rewards card for the Disney Visa at DTD? What was the process? Do they assign it to your credit card account when you pick it up, or does that happen when you call?

Here is what I am wanting to know:

I have a Disney Visa and have a rewards card already to use my Disney Dollars. My dad is being sweet and offered me his almost 300 rewards card, but he hasn't requested it yet and I leave in less then a week.

I know you can pick up an empty rewards card in DTD and call to load it with your rewards points, but when you pick up the card do they assign it to your rewards credit card, or can that be done when the person calls to transfer the rewards points? In other words can I pick up another empty rewards card and then my dad call and load it from his Chase card?

Thanks!

m 'n c
09-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Hmm I wonder if your dad can load them onto your existing card?

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 11:06 AM
I know he can't load them on my existing card, they won't let you transfer them to another card holder, and loading them on my card would be considered transferring. You are allowed to "gift" you rewards, but they won't let you "transfer" them.

I just can't find any information about what they do when you pick a card up in Down Town Disney, do they just hand you an empty card, or do they assign the empty card to your credit card right then?

Anyone picked one up at Disney World before?

m 'n c
09-09-2008, 11:12 AM
Jen picked up a card last year on her trip. She can probably tell you what you need to know when she gets on.

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 11:13 AM
Jen picked up a card last year on her trip. She can probably tell you what you need to know when she gets on.

Yay! Thanks Cate, I'll check with Jen!!!

disney_girl
09-09-2008, 11:15 AM
We picked up an empty card at DTD a few years ago. They used our Visa to verify our account and identity but the rewards card wasn't "assigned" until we called and had the points transferred. Hopefully Jen can pop on later and tell you if this is still the case! Good luck!

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 11:20 AM
We picked up an empty card at DTD a few years ago. They used our Visa to verify our account and identity but the rewards card wasn't "assigned" until we called and had the points transferred. Hopefully Jen can pop on later and tell you if this is still the case! Good luck!

When the verified you account, did they verify that you had enough available to transfer rewards ($20 in rewards points) or just that you had a valid goodstanding account? Since I have already transfered all of my points it will look like I don't have enough to transfer again. Or do you even know what they were checking for?

disney_girl
09-09-2008, 11:34 AM
Honestly, I think that they were only comparing the name on the Disney Visa card with the photo ID. The only thing is that I don't know if they have changed their procedures more recently. Not sure why they would though- being that they are just DTD customer service people, I can't see that they would/ should have much access to your actual account information. I think they are just providing a service as a middle man. They never made a phone call to verify anything with Disney Visa...only compared the name on the two cards and gave us an envelope with the rewards card. They said we could use their phone to call Disney Visa, but we chose to call from our resort later.

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Honestly, I think that they were only comparing the name on the Disney Visa card with the photo ID. The only thing is that I don't know if they have changed their procedures more recently. Not sure why they would though- being that they are just DTD customer service people, I can't see that they would/ should have much access to your actual account information. I think they are just providing a service as a middle man. They never made a phone call to verify anything with Disney Visa...only compared the name on the two cards and gave us an envelope with the rewards card. They said we could use their phone to call Disney Visa, but we chose to call from our resort later.

YAY! Good! Thank you! Thank you! That is what I wanted to hear! WOW! Now I will have an extra $300 for our trip! My birthday was a few weeks ago, and he called this my birthday present, but he never bothered to call and ask how it works.... he thought he could just transfer to me at the last minute. Silly Dad!

Sounds like I can pick it up though, so YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magical JenK
09-09-2008, 02:56 PM

Me Jen or Jen V?

Me Jen didn't do this...however, I did have the Disney Rewards card w/me, but I transferred everything before I left. I even had my mom transfer more online when we were there since my statement cutoff!! :D

Maybe Jen V got a rewards card at DTD??

mirandag819
09-09-2008, 03:49 PM
Me Jen or Jen V?

Me Jen didn't do this...however, I did have the Disney Rewards card w/me, but I transferred everything before I left. I even had my mom transfer more online when we were there since my statement cutoff!! :D

Maybe Jen V got a rewards card at DTD??

Oh I assumed Cate meant you Jen, but maybe she did mean Jen V

m 'n c
09-09-2008, 04:01 PM
I meant JenK when I posted that. Maybe she was just asking around but was able to do it before? My memory is failing me :(

luvdisney00
09-10-2008, 08:04 AM
I've never done this, but when I called a few days ago to transfer the last of my points, the woman on the phone said that if I were to lose or forget my card, I could get a new card and transfer my points from Guest Services in any park. Maybe you don't even have to go to DTD. Call DV and ask.

OH and for anyone new to Disney rewards, keep the card after you use it, it is linked to your Visa acct. We didn't know this last year, and we threw them out when we used all of the points and then this year we had to request that they be cancelled and new rewards cards issued. Everytime I would call to transfer we had to be careful not to tranfer to the wrong card that was in the trash at WDW until I called and cancelled it.

m4travels
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
OH and for anyone new to Disney rewards, keep the card after you use it, it is linked to your Visa acct. We didn't know this last year, and we threw them out when we used all of the points and then this year we had to request that they be cancelled and new rewards cards issued. Everytime I would call to transfer we had to be careful not to tranfer to the wrong card that was in the trash at WDW until I called and cancelled it.

This is, unfortunately, what I just did on our trip. Both PD and I used our rewards card for onboard charges (and it wasn't NEARLY enough!!!) and I just tossed it out when I got back to the room. Obviously I wasn't thinking clearly! I didn't read this thread until this morning but last night I slapped myself upside the head thinking, you fool, you could have just kept adding to the existing card!

Magical JenK
09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
The card I got last fall expires 12/31/08 so be careful if you keep the card & transfer rewards to it...if not used, you'll have to be sure to transfer them before the card expires...to a new card...at least that's how I understood it.