PDA

View Full Version : Any other Direct Sales people here?

Soccer Princess
07-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Are there any other Sunshiners who are direct sales consultants? I have recently signed on with a company and beyond family and close friends, I am at a loss for orders/shows. Any suggestions on where I can get in contact with new people or leave catalogs? Thanks!

faithhope
07-23-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't do it anymore... still in a business...use the products myself, and sell to businesses...but I'm not signing people up anymore...

I got one sign up by calling everyone in my area, about 4 blocks in all directions from my house, and saying I was a local neighbor and wanted to talk to them...

Have your friends and family introduce you to their friends and family... if they aren't interested in being in the business, maybe they will let you talk to their friends and family.

You can also talk to lots of people everywhere you are... the people in lines, on the bus, in the mall...talk to strangers...join more groups, make new friends (victims?)

I could see the potential if I was more outgoing... I'm happy with the smaller profit, and less stress of just selling to businesses...

Faithhope

Belle
07-23-2007, 02:47 AM
Yes, I sell Usborne Books mainly to get a discount on books for my DD. It depends on what you are selling as to where the best places to leave your information would be. I don't know what you are selling, but here are some other suggestions: dr offices, real estate offices, beauty shops, schools, churches, post office and grocery store bulletin boards, laundry mats, hospitals, retirement homes, mothers' groups, trade shows, festivals, online bulletin boards, flyers or business cards passed out with your Halloween candy, etc. Make sure those places don't have a no-solicitation policy first.

Make sure and order all of those free samples from VistaPrint! They are great for starting a new business!

HTH! Good luck getting started. :sunshine: