PDA

View Full Version : Givefun.com

schachteles
07-23-2007, 12:51 AM
I am SO SO SO excited :cooldance: , I convinced my DH to allow us to extend our upcoming Disney trip by two nights...of course we had to pay a nice "penalty" to NWA for changing the flights, but such is life.

I see that you can get a 2% rebate on givefun.com and Disney is included. I thought that I could get one to cover the cost of the two extra nights and dining plan since we already have paid off the trip up to the added days.

So my question is, have you dealt with this company before? I certainly don't want to get ripped off because I am sure I will need like $400 or so.

THANKS!!

wilsonfamily4
07-23-2007, 01:57 AM
http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1232&highlight=givefun.com

Okay -I found the thread I was talking about. :) It is titled purchasing disney gc thru sr link. The link above may not work as I am not good at that. Hope this helps.

zoodoyle
07-23-2007, 09:37 AM
I bought a cert. for my brother a couple weeks ago - he went to the site and picked out his gift certificates, and is now awaiting their arrival - so hopefully this final step will prove their legitimicy :) Then I'll be hopping on board to get some disney gift cards for myself!! Just wanted to try it with a smaller amount before I took the leap! Oh, and I did get credit thru SR already!! :cooldance:

LuvMyBoys
07-23-2007, 10:22 AM
So can anyone who has ordered Disney gift cards through givefun.com give an idea of how long it took to receive the gift cards? :confused:

kimntrent
07-23-2007, 12:02 PM
we got ours within the week.
________
Vaporizes.net (http://vaporizerinfo.com/)

schachteles
07-23-2007, 12:03 PM
AWESOME, I just ordered a $500 Disney Gift Card...so hopefully it will come soon! Very easy to earn $10. Wish I had known about it before I paid off my $3200 reservation!!

LuvMyBoys
07-23-2007, 02:56 PM
AWESOME, I just ordered a $500 Disney Gift Card...so hopefully it will come soon! Very easy to earn $10. Wish I had known about it before I paid off my $3200 reservation!!

Will you post when you recieve it? I'm a little nervous about how much time it takes, I don't want to order too late and then be late on paying off our vacation. :confused:

TIA :sunshine2:

schachteles
07-23-2007, 02:59 PM
Will you post when you recieve it? I'm a little nervous about how much time it takes, I don't want to order too late and then be late on paying off our vacation. :confused:

I most certainly will!! I already have $500 in GCs from ***** at home that I was saving for spending money, now I am just going to use those to pay the balance and then take the new $500 and put it away for spending.

OregonGirlie
07-24-2007, 03:34 AM
Am I the only one having issues buying from this company?

I'm trying to use a Bank of America visa (that has almost zero balance - just gas purchases this month - and a high credit limit). It keeps saying it's not working. The address is exactly what the bank has on file, it expires in like 2 years, should be good to go.

I need the $1000 gift card to pay my AAA package soon. I want to use that CC since I get world points (thus a gas/hotel gift card with the points for our disney trip). I'm waiting to hear back from customer service. I'm really hoping I can use this card, the only other rewards cc I have is Gymboree visa. :(

Am I alone in the Give Fun checkout not working? I don't get it.

llgray16
07-24-2007, 06:02 AM

I'm trying to use a Bank of America visa (that has almost zero balance - just gas purchases this month - and a high credit limit). It keeps saying it's not working. The address is exactly what the bank has on file, it expires in like 2 years, should be good to go.

I need the $1000 gift card to pay my AAA package soon. I want to use that CC since I get world points (thus a gas/hotel gift card with the points for our disney trip). I'm waiting to hear back from customer service. I'm really hoping I can use this card, the only other rewards cc I have is Gymboree visa. :(

I didn't have that problem but I am having a problem. I ordered mine on Saturday. Yesterday I get an email asking for my home phone number so that they could verify some additional infomation. I'm not sure what that is all about but it may be because it is a large amount.

Have you tried ordering a smaller amount first to see if there is any difficulty in processing that?

SunshineGirl
07-24-2007, 07:56 AM
I did get asked for my home phone number and they did call and verify everything with me because I was ordering $1000. I think it is because of the amount of fraud in gift card purchases. But once I called them back and verified it, they sent it out quickly.

llgray16
07-24-2007, 08:13 AM
I did get asked for my home phone number and they did call and verify everything with me because I was ordering $1000. I think it is because of the amount of fraud in gift card purchases. But once I called them back and verified it, they sent it out quickly.

I figured that it was probably fraud protection on their part. Glad to see some merchants taking steps to reduce it!

I hope I get that call soon so they can get my gc on its way :sunshine:

jnorth1007
07-24-2007, 10:02 AM

I know some BOA cards issue one time use numbers for transactions. Does your do that? That could be causing a problem if it does because it may be triggering a fraud alert for the company since they are so careful about fraud.

schachteles
07-24-2007, 10:08 AM
Bank of America is almost TOO tight with their fraud protection. It makes me NOT want to use their card. For example the other week I used my card at the Minneapolis/St.Paul airport before flying out to Las Vegas, then I tried to use it for a $40 purchased in Vegas and it turned me down, so I called them and the guy asked me if I notified them that I was going on vacation!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I DIDN'T KNOW THAT I HAD TO INFORM MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY WHEN I AM TRAVELING! It is nuts and I have had problems with them when I have charged at a couple of different online places in one day. Sucks in some ways, but I know they are just trying to protect us.

But I am sure the reason it was flagged is because of the amount. I did use my Bank of America card to do mine for $500, went right through and so far I haven't gotten an e-mail or call to verify anything. So I hope I get it soon so I can get that balance paid off.

OregonGirlie
07-25-2007, 03:54 AM
Thanks for the info. A few answers. :)

I did originally try to Bank of America one time number, when that didn't work I tried the actual card number. Still didn't work.

I've tried ordering a $500 gift card, thinking maybe the $1000 was a high fraud risk, but that didn't work either.

Bank of America has been very tight with fraud for us. Everytime I do offers, I use that card (I typically do them at night in bed on the laptop). Every morning after I get calls and my card is on hold for fraud LOL. However, I've checked and there is no fraud hold on my card - it appears good to go.

I got an email from the company and they can take my order over the phone, but then I likely won't get the SR credit for that order ($1000 gift card and $300 gift card). I'll most likely use the Gymboree visa and then figure out what to do with the gymboree gift cards next month (we can always buy clothes, but I was hoping to earn extra money for our september trip). Hopefully my Gymboree card works, otherwise I'll throw a fit. :) I keep my CC's either low or zero'd so this is driving me batty.

Thanks. :)

OregonGirlie
07-25-2007, 04:46 AM
Oh wow, do I feel dumb. :) I typed the first digit of my CC in twice - all 6 times. This is why I should do things in the afternoon, not 1am LOL.

Thanks for all your help and info. I finally ordered my $1300 in gift cards. :)

Hopefully they'll come in the mail soon and credit fairly quickly.

HollyD
07-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Does anyone know if there is a limit on the amount of gift cards you can buy with the gift certificate. I need to buy like 50 of one kind and unless I can it doesn't make sense to do this?

llgray16
07-26-2007, 11:30 AM
I'm actually getting a little frustrated with givefun.com right now. I have tried calling them 3 times to verify my info. Every time they take my name and number and no one ever calls me back grrrrrrrr!

I haven't gotten credit yet and I'm sure it is because of this hold up. I was really hoping that this was going to post in July but it is not looking too good right now :(

My advice to those of you looking to order from here is making your orders for smaller amounts. It looks like $500+ might be a trigger for these verification holds.

SunshineGirl
07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Do you want me to contact my rep there and complain?

llgray16
07-26-2007, 11:33 AM
Do you want me to contact my rep there and complain?

If it doesn't happen today - drastic measures may have to be taken!

I really appreciate the offer for help. They have already charged my cc so I am not sure what the problem is!

LuvMyBoys
07-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Wow, I hope that this all gets cleared up! :confused: I am planning on purchasing over $500 tomorrow to pay off our trip.

I was hoping that since I'm a SM that it would credit in July, but maybe not?? :confused:

My bigger concern is that those gifts card wont arrive by my due date (10 days or so away) :confused:

kimntrent
07-26-2007, 11:43 AM
My mom didn't get a real human until about 10am pacific time so about 1 1/2 hours. She bought 500 as well and they wanted to verify that 50.00 gift cards were okay because they didn't cary 100's and that her addy was correct. The lady told her that once this was verified then there would be no problems in the future with ordering.

Please remember that some people have companies on the west coast too and at 8:00 in the am most places aren't open here. Expecially in LA where these people are. They are right by Disneyland. They probably don't open until 10:00. If they opened at 8:00 they wouldn't get there until 10:00 anyway because of traffic.

Kim
________
Upskirt dancing (http://www.****tube.com/categories/1114/dancing/videos/1)

kimntrent
07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't complain. I believe it is an east coast west coast thing. They were very nice on the phone and very accomodating. Think about this. Small operation getting 100 orders per day jumps to 200 per day. Kinda scary. At some point you have to confirm something. And what if they only have 5 people working there. Although the orders have jumped have you tried to get a job in CA. It is hard. No one wants to pay you what you need to live on.

Please everyone have patients.

Kim
________
Environmental Disorders Forums (http://www.health-forums.org/environmental-disorders/)

schachteles
07-26-2007, 11:47 AM
Well I ordered my card earlier this week...and I haven't gotten anything saying that they need to verify my order...nothing confirming shipping...I am kinda disappointed if they come as ten $50 cards, I really wanted one big one.

llgray16
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
I wouldn't complain. I believe it is an east coast west coast thing. They were very nice on the phone and very accomodating. Think about this. Small operation getting 100 orders per day jumps to 200 per day. Kinda scary. At some point you have to confirm something. And what if they only have 5 people working there. Although the orders have jumped have you tried to get a job in CA. It is hard. No one wants to pay you what you need to live on.

Please everyone have patients.

Kim

I'm sorry but it isn't an East/West thing in this case. In fact, I have called at several different times (morning, evening, afternoon) given my information everytime and not once has anyone called me back yet! I'm now on 4 calls to them and not one back in return. They have had my money for a week and I still don't have the cards or SR credit.

UPDATE: I called again and I finally talked to someone who could/would help me. She wanted to verify my mailing address as well as ask me if $50 cards were ok or not. I told her that they were kind of a pain but that I would take whatever she could get to me the quickest. She said that she was going to special order a card or two directly from Disney for me because of all the inconvenience.

It does sound like a small operation and I give her credit for doing what she can to make the situation right. I'll post when I receive the cards.

Mom2aPrincess
07-26-2007, 02:05 PM
Glad it worked out for you. I am going to try to remember to use this but I am leary of getting all $50 cards too. My TA told me to keep up with gift cards as if they come up with a discount, Disney will credit it back to the method used to pay....

schachteles
07-26-2007, 02:23 PM
Well I am glad it worked out. I hope that they come soon!! I don't need mine for a two months, but I like to have all of my ducks in order and I will feel better when I have them in hand. Keep us posted!

schachteles
07-26-2007, 03:12 PM
I sure hope too that I get my $10 credit from SR :sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
07-26-2007, 03:17 PM
I just saw orders come in for $50, $25, $300, $500, $500, and $700!

schachteles
07-26-2007, 03:20 PM

WAHOO, hopefully mine will be one of the $500 ones!

SunshineGirl
07-26-2007, 03:21 PM
It is. I just glanced at the tracking numbers. :)

schachteles
07-26-2007, 03:22 PM

You rock like usual!! :love:

llgray16
07-26-2007, 03:25 PM

:party:

Y'all can probably guess which one is mine :D (at least I hope it is!)

kimntrent
07-26-2007, 10:51 PM
I have this strange feeling that it isn't Givefun but maybe your credit card. Have you checked into that angle. Maybe givefun hasn't even got a order from you. I know this has happened to me more times then I can imagine.

Kim
________
BODY SCIENCE (http://bodyscience.ws/)

LuvMyBoys
07-27-2007, 09:04 AM

So what is the time frame we should expect for the credit to show up as pending in our accounts?

SunshineGirl
07-27-2007, 09:10 AM
It looks like they only update every few days and they don't send it until they have confirmed all of your information. For those of you with pending credits this morning, how long did it take from when you ordered?

llgray16
07-27-2007, 09:23 AM
It looks like they only update every few days and they don't send it until they have confirmed all of your information. For those of you with pending credits this morning, how long did it take from when you ordered?

I'm confused :confused: So when you posted yesterday about the tracking numbers that wasn't for credits that would have posted or was it? I was sure that the $700 one would have been mine but no pending credit yet.

I'm waiting on a bunch of other shopping credits (restaurant.com, shoebuy, target) as well so I thought maybe the processing of shopping credits was just a little behind. I was really hoping they would post to my account today or tomorrow to get in by the end of the month.

SunshineGirl
07-27-2007, 09:25 AM
I'm confused :confused: So when you posted yesterday about the tracking numbers that wasn't for credits that would have posted or was it? I was sure that the $700 one would have been mine but no pending credit yet.

I'm waiting on a bunch of other shopping credits (restaurant.com, shoebuy, target) as well so I thought maybe the processing of shopping credits was just a little behind. I was really hoping they would post to my account today or tomorrow to get in by the end of the month.

Are you sure that you don't have anything pending in your account?

llgray16
07-27-2007, 09:28 AM
Are you sure that you don't have anything pending in your account?

DUH! I was just looking at the top of my account history. I didn't look back a few days! Sorry :o

Tricia, you are the best! :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
07-27-2007, 09:29 AM
Oh, good. I was starting to think that SunshineGuy was tinkering again. :rotfl:

m4travels
07-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Sure, that's right, blame it on the guy!!!

schachteles
07-27-2007, 10:17 AM

I ordered mine on Monday and this morning my credit was there!! :cooldance: How long will that stay on hold?? No one from there has contacted me to verify anything.

SunshineGirl
07-27-2007, 10:32 AM
Sure, that's right, blame it on the guy!!!

Of course. You knwo that I would never take responsibility. LOL!

OregonGirlie
07-27-2007, 11:36 PM
When should I expect these to show up as pending? This is my first paid offer since the new changes went into place after the fraud scares with GPTs.

I'm really hoping these come through. They're pending on my CC, and I've redeemed the GCs for the disney cards and recieved a confirmation email that I cashed them in, but no shipping notice, no phone call, nothing. I did $300 and $1000. I need them by Aug 13th!

mommommouse
07-27-2007, 11:38 PM
I ordered mine a week and half ago. I haven't heard any thing yet. I'm just waiting. fingers crossed

Minniehaha
08-03-2007, 11:12 AM
If order today,( August 3rd) will I get my cards by August 20th???

m 'n c
08-03-2007, 11:14 AM
When should I expect these to show up as pending? This is my first paid offer since the new changes went into place after the fraud scares with GPTs.

I'm really hoping these come through. They're pending on my CC, and I've redeemed the GCs for the disney cards and recieved a confirmation email that I cashed them in, but no shipping notice, no phone call, nothing. I did $300 and $1000. I need them by Aug 13th!

I would give them a call since you are so close to when you need them. I'm sure they can expediate the redemption if you called and talked to them about the situation and verified your order with them instead of waiting on them.

kimntrent
08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
You should be fine. We leave on the 17th. But call them to make yourself feel more comfortable. Most of the time it isn't their side of the delivery it is the post office. That is why they are using UPS now.
________
Avandia class action lawsuit (http://classactionsettlements.org/)

Minniehaha
08-03-2007, 11:29 AM
I just put in for $500.00.

This is so exciting!!! :sunshine2: :cooldance:

I would put in for more, but....