PDA

View Full Version : Weigh-in for week of July 23

m 'n c
07-23-2007, 12:21 PM
Just wanted to start this week's weigh in thread. I weigh in on Wednesday at lunch and I am trying very hard to get in an excessive amount of water to flush out the yummy homemade Vietnamese I had this weekend. I tried to be good but its hard to pass up fried spring rolls, shrimp, and fish sauce. Aiming to stay the same or lose a pound. Will update on Wednesday.

Good luck if you are weighing in today!

wilsonfamily4
07-23-2007, 05:33 PM
This is funny but not really.

Whenever I start to really watch my weight I do 1 week of being worse then ever and then get back on tract. I am not sure why. Last Monday I weighed in at 153. Today I am 154. No big shock as I ate worse. But I plan on getting back on target. I already had all my water for today.

I think seeing everyone weigh in and looking at peoples losses, this will help motivate me so I hope people weigh in here.

So +1 week 1

Kittykat
07-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Can I join in?

I weighed in this morning at 137 lbs. Up 5 lbs since our March trip to WDW but still down 13 pounds from when I started trying to lose weight last August.

I really want to get down to 125-130 before September. :pig:

wilsonfamily4
07-23-2007, 10:53 PM
Glad you will join. The more the merrier. The more we have the more support we can get

zoodoyle
07-23-2007, 11:05 PM
I don't think I've stepped on a scale since before I had my son 18 months ago- too depressing :( But I'm hoping with the support on this board, I can finally get my bum in gear!! I'll do a starting weigh-in tomorrow (though I think I may keep the number to myself - trust me, it's MUCH higher than most of you gals on here :blush:).

m 'n c
07-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Welcome Kittykat! Anyone is welcome to join in at any time.

Zoodoyle - Welcome to the journey with us. I hope we can help keep you motivated. I plan on just doing my weight losses or gains and leaving my numbers out because they depress me.

wilsonfamily4
07-23-2007, 11:31 PM

Zoodoyle - Welcome to the journey with us. I hope we can help keep you motivated. I plan on just doing my weight losses or gains and leaving my numbers out because they depress me.

They depress me BUT I need to see them so I go "YUCK! those need to be lower."

wilsonfamily4
07-23-2007, 11:37 PM
I don't think I've stepped on a scale since before I had my son 18 months ago- too depressing But I'm hoping with the support on this board, I can finally get my bum in gear!! I'll do a starting weigh-in tomorrow (though I think I may keep the number to myself - trust me, it's MUCH higher than most of you gals on here

My son is just 3, in June. When he was 18 months I weighed much more. :) I have lost 20-30 pounds in the last year and a half. I just need to finish those last 20 pounds off. What is really hard is preDaughter I was 124. Then with her I gained about 70 pounds and then more with my son. I may never see 124 EVER again but I would like to see 134. We are all at different points in life and different weights. I know there are those at my goal weight who would like to lose weight. That is okay too. I have a sister in law who is fairly small but she could stand to eat healthier and build a better body. So there is no judging here. If you want to list you weight go for it, if not to big deal. We just have to be honest with each other. :)

Goodness does that all sound preachy! Didn't mean to.:sunshine2:

zoodoyle
07-24-2007, 12:22 AM
Goodness does that all sound preachy! Didn't mean to.:sunshine2:

Not preachy, just a pep talk, and just what I need :) Before babies (3 in 6 years) I was about 40lbs. lighter than I am now. Now that our family is complete, I want to really concentrate on getting back to where I was, or even better. My goal would be to lose 50lbs. My hope is to really get back into walking daily. It will be much easier when the 2 oldest go back to school, so for now I'll try to fit it in when they are at camp or playdates... I'm so glad I have the support at SR to help me!! Thanks so much :hugs:

Magical JenK
07-24-2007, 09:06 AM

I'll be leaving my digits out of this too...I saw yours & I thought...wow, that's close to my goal weight...:blush: if she thinks it's high, maybe I should be going lower...

wilsonfamily4
07-24-2007, 10:25 AM
I'll be leaving my digits out of this too...I saw yours & I thought...wow, that's close to my goal weight...:blush: if she thinks it's high, maybe I should be going lower...

Lets just say I am SHORT, not quite 5'3". So that weight is different on me. :)

mseg16222
07-24-2007, 10:31 AM
Well today was the first week of weight watchers at home that I had to weigh myself....8lbs in 7 days....but that tells you had bad I had been since I went off it about 18 months ago

wilsonfamily4
07-24-2007, 10:34 AM
Well today was the first week of weight watchers at home that I had to weigh myself....8lbs in 7 days....but that tells you had bad I had been since I went off it about 18 months ago

Are you saying you lost 8 in 7 days!! Wow that is great. If I could do that I would go crazy. GREAT JOB

mseg16222
07-24-2007, 10:37 AM
THe first week of weight watchers I always lose a ton after time off from it. Usually water weight. I unfortunately retain a lot of water. Now this week I can add exercise. The first week you are not supposed to. So the ellipitical machine is what I will probably use. I did the curves thing for over a year and it was great but everyone else dropped out that I was going with. And I got bored with it. I haven't found a tape that I can stick with or that I like alot so I have been boring some of my friends till I find one I like and save some money.

m 'n c
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Man my first week of WW this time I lost a whopping .6 pounds. I'd love to lose 8 pounds but then again I drink so much water that I'm not retaining much.

I like the eliptical machine. Do you use one at home or at a gym? I find the butt programs are really good to do on the eliptical.

mseg16222
07-24-2007, 02:23 PM
Well I use the elliptical at home much easier to do daily.... but now I am lost, what is the butt program for the elliptical....I must be missing out on something.....

m 'n c
07-24-2007, 07:53 PM
sorry it is one of those preprogrammed ones on the precor models. Basically you do a high incline the whole time.

jacaluho
07-25-2007, 10:23 AM
Can I be accountable too? I need to lose 24.7#. I have all the ww stuff, just need to do it. Can't afford the meetings right now being in school and all. If I have to tell you guys, maybe I will work harder! :angel:

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Can I be accountable too? I need to lose 24.7#. I have all the ww stuff, just need to do it. Can't afford the meetings right now being in school and all. If I have to tell you guys, maybe I will work harder! :angel:

Sure! the more the merrier.

PSL1013
07-25-2007, 01:01 PM
OK, I found all my old stuff pertaining to WW. I still had the 123 Success, Winning Points and I found TurnAround....is this the newest version of WW, they talk about core and flex in this book? I have the TurnAround Points Finder Slide etc. and if this is what I need to get started...then I'm good to go! I still might join WW online (and get credit with SR) at some point but for now I think I just might try this on my own and see how it goes. :cooldance:

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
I think you will be ok with what you have. Honestly I did Winning points for a long time after they started this flex point thing and I still lost weight. Go with what you know and like. I think they changed the flex point calculation slightly but honestly I don't think one point or two will make a difference.

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Ok on with my weigh in. I just got back from my weekly meeting. Funny how I was just thinking about the mental games I play while trying to lose weight and that was this week's topic.

So I was a loser this week!

I lost 1.2 pounds which brings my total loss to date to 1.8 pounds!!!

jacaluho
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Great job! Every little bit takes you closer to your goal. :sunshine2:

speechteachri
07-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't think I've stepped on a scale since before I had my son 18 months ago- too depressing :( But I'm hoping with the support on this board, I can finally get my bum in gear!! I'll do a starting weigh-in tomorrow (though I think I may keep the number to myself - trust me, it's MUCH higher than most of you gals on here :blush:).

I am a lifetime member and after I lose my Disney 5 lbs. I will be pretty much maintaining. Maybe a few more...we'll see.

For those of you who have done WW on site, you know that your weight is not broadcast to the group (at least not in the groups I have attended), but they do announce your weight loss as you go along, especially as it relates to different goals that are set...10%, 10 lbs., etc...

So for those who are comfortable with posting your weight that is great, but I don't think it is a necessary thing. Every person has their own personal weight loss goals. I, personally, was driven crazy by those who found out I was doing WW and said "What are you doing WW for???" But I know what I weighed, and how I felt, and knew I wasn't at a healthy weight for me, that's why I did WW. So nobody shoud feel bad about a starting weight being different than someone else's. It's all a very personal thing. The point is to support each other in our goals. That's why i am posting. I will be posting my weight gain or loss each week, but not my actual weight.

OK, so having said that...This week I am up 5 lbs. from my last weigh in which was at the end of June. I expected it with 3 weeks away and not as much control over what I was eating, so now I have to get back into control, and get out of Vacation Mode eating!:)

speechteachri
07-25-2007, 07:19 PM
Ok on with my weigh in. I just got back from my weekly meeting. Funny how I was just thinking about the mental games I play while trying to lose weight and that was this week's topic.

So I was a loser this week!

I lost 1.2 pounds which brings my total loss to date to 1.8 pounds!!!

Good Job!!:)

m 'n c
07-25-2007, 07:53 PM
Thanks! it felt so good to call myself a loser today :)

5 pounds doesn't seem like that much to lose but then again that was my July goal and I'm not halfway there. I'm sure you'll be there in no time though. Congrats on being a lifetime member.

speechteachri
07-26-2007, 09:13 AM
OK, I found all my old stuff pertaining to WW. I still had the 123 Success, Winning Points and I found TurnAround....is this the newest version of WW, they talk about core and flex in this book? I have the TurnAround Points Finder Slide etc. and if this is what I need to get started...then I'm good to go! I still might join WW online (and get credit with SR) at some point but for now I think I just might try this on my own and see how it goes. :cooldance:

I just wanted to let you know that there is a change or two on the points slide scale that WW used to use. Nothing big, but when you figure your points, you can only figure on 4 g of fiber at the most. Even if something you eat has 8g of fiber, you still can only figure it as 4. I guess they were finding that people were coming out with lots of 0 point foods and eating a lot of them then not losing and wondering why!

I spent the $10 and bought the points calculator and I LOVE it! I always have it with me so when I am shopping I can compare points values. It prompts you to put in the points, fat and fiber, then gives you the points value. Again, you can only use 4g of fiber at the most. It also works as a regular calculator. I thought the price was pretty reasonable, and it is the thing I use the most.

PSL1013
07-26-2007, 09:43 AM
I just wanted to let you know that there is a change or two on the points slide scale that WW used to use. Nothing big, but when you figure your points, you can only figure on 4 g of fiber at the most. Even if something you eat has 8g of fiber, you still can only figure it as 4. I guess they were finding that people were coming out with lots of 0 point foods and eating a lot of them then not losing and wondering why!

I spent the $10 and bought the points calculator and I LOVE it! I always have it with me so when I am shopping I can compare points values. It prompts you to put in the points, fat and fiber, then gives you the points value. Again, you can only use 4g of fiber at the most. It also works as a regular calculator. I thought the price was pretty reasonable, and it is the thing I use the most.

Thanks..I vaguely remember hearing the fiber was changed, thanks for reminding me, my points slider doesn't go past 4 gms anyway so maybe it's a recent one? I also have this calculator from years ago, mine is called the WW Points Manager and I think I paid $20 for it?? Hopefully it works the same as a newer one. It is great isn't it? This is what I use anyway and I'll try to remember not to put more than 4 gms of fiber in. Could you tell me if they changed the daily points system at all for the different weight categories? Example: less than 150lbs is 20pts....150-174 is 22pts...175-199 is 24pts. This is the area that I'm not sure about. Thanks for the help...I just need to get my *** in gear! :angel:

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 10:42 AM
The daily points have changed a bit. I think that's the only real change since you were last on WW. The fiber cap's been around for a while and such. I don't have the formula in front of me but I'm at 152 (eek) and my daily points are 22 now. Its like the first two numbers in your weight and then you add x amount for if you are a female or male then x amount for your age, and then x amount if you do hard labor at work or sit in an office.

jacaluho
07-26-2007, 11:21 AM
My points calculator and stuff is pretty old, is 175-199 still 22-29 points? Yes, I do weigh in that range. I'm 5'11" and would like to get down to about 165. :(

PSL1013
07-26-2007, 11:22 AM
The daily points have changed a bit. I think that's the only real change since you were last on WW. The fiber cap's been around for a while and such. I don't have the formula in front of me but I'm at 152 (eek) and my daily points are 22 now. Its like the first two numbers in your weight and then you add x amount for if you are a female or male then x amount for your age, and then x amount if you do hard labor at work or sit in an office.

Is this formula information available online someplace other than the WW paid site? :angel:

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 11:55 AM
I would search the message boards at dwlz.com but usually this is one of those things that they won't allow anyone to put on a website. You can pm me though if you can't find it and I can help you ;)

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 11:57 AM
My points calculator and stuff is pretty old, is 175-199 still 22-29 points? Yes, I do weigh in that range. I'm 5'11" and would like to get down to about 165. :(

Well with the new system you don't have ranges like that anymore. But I don't see what would be wrong if you continued that program if that is what you are use to and worked for you. If you want to know exactly how many points you'd have on the new plan send me a pm and I'll help you tonight.

PSL1013
07-26-2007, 12:05 PM
I would search the message boards at dwlz.com but usually this is one of those things that they won't allow anyone to put on a website. You can pm me though if you can't find it and I can help you ;)

I found it there...thank you so much! :sunshine:

jacaluho
07-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Makes sense that they won't let you post that info. I will start from here and if I am not having any luck, maybe I will pm you for some extra help! :angel:

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 02:35 PM
Makes sense that they won't let you post that info. I will start from here and if I am not having any luck, maybe I will pm you for some extra help! :angel:

well try searching the dwlz.com message board if you want to try and figure out points or something. I do have a recipe calculator spreadsheet for excel I'm more than happy to email people as well as online point calculator programs. I'm just not sure what can be posted in message boards and what can't in the WW world so I don't want to get us in trouble but I will either pm you with info, email you, or point you to a message board that is all about WW and if they have it there then they can get in trouble not us ;)

Magical JenK
07-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Ok, posting this will make it REAL & make me more accountable! I weighed in today & I'm up 4 lbs!! 4!! While I could totally believe it & it's over the course of 3 weeks (see, I've found every excuse not to go to WW lately as well as not exercise lately!!), let's just say it doesn't really surprise me. But I went to WW, I weighed in knowing I was going to be higher than I was last time I was there & this week is a new week. I'm going to exercise at least 4 times, I'm going to drink my water, I'm going to go try 2 new recipes & I'm going to try to go to bed by 11pm twice. I think these are all attainable & again, just posting this makes me put it out there & I can't go back!! Wish me luck!!

Kittykat
07-28-2007, 02:32 PM
You can do it! You WILL do it!! :thumbsup:

wilsonfamily4
07-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Ok, posting this will make it REAL & make me more accountable! I weighed in today & I'm up 4 lbs!! 4!! While I could totally believe it & it's over the course of 3 weeks (see, I've found every excuse not to go to WW lately as well as not exercise lately!!), let's just say it doesn't really surprise me. But I went to WW, I weighed in knowing I was going to be higher than I was last time I was there & this week is a new week. I'm going to exercise at least 4 times, I'm going to drink my water, I'm going to go try 2 new recipes & I'm going to try to go to bed by 11pm twice. I think these are all attainable & again, just posting this makes me put it out there & I can't go back!! Wish me luck!!

Those are attainable. It is good that you made goals you can acheive. YOU CAN DO IT! I am drinking my water as I write this. :)

I am so excited to where I will be in 2-3 months. I so want to get to the 140's. I know it is not the weight but how my clothes fit and how I feel but I want to see a 140!!! even 149 would be good looking.