PDA

View Full Version : September travelers - Mail Question

m 'n c
09-13-2008, 12:55 AM
Hey guys,

I just realized that I never received my Magical Express package. I received my Reservation information from Disney a few weeks ago but nothing about Magical Express except that I had picked it for my transportation. So with that said.

Are they still sending out a separate mailing for Magical Express with those sticker tags? When did you get yours if you are leaving in the next week or so.

There is a chance that it could be sitting in my mailbox from Thursday or today but I don't know if I will be going back to Houston before we leave on Friday. So far there are flights out of San Antonio and SWA is offering to let you rebook/change without a fee for flights thru Monday if you are in Houston so that may extend depending on how our airports fair. I can deal with getting my own luggage at the airport, I'm just worried if I have to show anything at the check in desk at MCO.

Karri5775
09-13-2008, 08:10 AM
We leave the 25th and received our ME package in the middle of August. From what I have heard they will still get your luggage for you without the tags you just have to show them the receipts that they give you when you check your bags at your departing airport. Not sure if I would trust that though.

I would call and just make sure that you are definitely signed up for ME and if you are then you should have no problem checking in at the airport. They left my one son off of our ME reservation and when I called they said that it was right in the computer so I would have no problems when we get there.

m 'n c
09-13-2008, 09:42 AM
Thanks! I am going to put in some calls on Monday after everyone assesses the damage in Houston and I see where we need to fly out.

Magical JenK
09-13-2008, 02:06 PM
Other than your luggage tags, I think you should be fine w/the DME. The "transfers" are cute, but I think they go more for the photo ID & your name in their system. Again w/the way home, I think you should be fine w/o the paperwork. Good luck!!

m 'n c
09-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Ok I pulled out the reservations info that I did receive and it says we are on Magical Express Service both to and from. So I think we are ok. I'll just deal with getting our luggage and bringing it over I guess. It isn't too much of an inconvience but would have been nice had I received the tags. I am crossing my fingers the packet is in my mailbox right now.

New question - I keep getting an error message when I try and transfer my reward points to my reward card at Chase. Can they do that at DTD for me? Would it be easier to try and call Chase before leaving? I have limited time online and for phone calls right now so I am trying to maximize my time on both. lol

I apologize for most of my posts being about me right now. I just don't have very much time online right now being a guest and all at Mike's sister. I do need to get her set up for SR tonight though. :sunshine:

Hedy
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Ok I pulled out the reservations info that I did receive and it says we are on Magical Express Service both to and from. So I think we are ok. I'll just deal with getting our luggage and bringing it over I guess. It isn't too much of an inconvience but would have been nice had I received the tags. I am crossing my fingers the packet is in my mailbox right now.

New question - I keep getting an error message when I try and transfer my reward points to my reward card at Chase. Can they do that at DTD for me? Would it be easier to try and call Chase before leaving? I have limited time online and for phone calls right now so I am trying to maximize my time on both. lol

I apologize for most of my posts being about me right now. I just don't have very much time online right now being a guest and all at Mike's sister. I do need to get her set up for SR tonight though. :sunshine:

I've heard elsewhere that DME can get your bags through desciption or your luggae claim tickets.

If you're on limited time, I'd just transfer the points at DTD or the MK. Might as well save yourself one headache, in my book.

m 'n c
09-15-2008, 05:43 PM
Thanks Hedy. I'll just do the transfer there.

I finally got someone at my complex today - no damage, no flooding, no looting. No electricity or water though either. Mike and I might try to venture over there but not sure if we can. There are gas shortages all over I-10 from San Antonio to Houston. i don't want to get trapped in those conditions.

bbangel
09-15-2008, 05:47 PM
Thanks Hedy. I'll just do the transfer there.

I finally got someone at my complex today - no damage, no flooding, no looting. No electricity or water though either. Mike and I might try to venture over there but not sure if we can. There are gas shortages all over I-10 from San Antonio to Houston. i don't want to get trapped in those conditions.

Glad you got word that your place was safe from flooding and other damage! You will be able to enjoy your trip much more knowing that.

disney_girl
09-15-2008, 06:05 PM
Glad you heard about your apartment and that it is ok! One less thing to worry about on your vacation!

I agree with Hedy- I would just transfer your rewards dollars at DTD or MK guest services and not worry about it right now. It's a pretty quick and painless process doing it there!