PDA

View Full Version : Any Pizzelle cookie makers out there?

sunshinecindy
07-24-2007, 08:11 AM
I have never seen a maker that makes 4 at a time in 30 seconds, but there is one on Villa ware (part of the crock pots site). I am so tempted to get it. My old one is a pain, everything sticks to it, takes so long, but this one looks awesome, and maybe I would make them for more than just Christmas with it being so much easier. I LOVE pizzelles.

llgray16
07-24-2007, 08:14 AM
I have never seen a maker that makes 4 at a time in 30 seconds, but there is one on Villa ware (part of the crock pots site). I am so tempted to get it. My old one is a pain, everything sticks to it, takes so long, but this one looks awesome, and maybe I would make them for more than just Christmas with it being so much easier. I LOVE pizzelles.

I :heart: pizelles as well. I don't make them. That is what I have a bunch of Italian aunts for :rotfl:

PSL1013
07-24-2007, 08:36 AM
I have a Pizzelle maker and used to make them. I haven't made them in a long time. Mine is a combo Pizzelle/Waffle maker and I just recently got it out of storage and cleaned it up but I haven't used it...decided waffles are too fattening! I too love Pizzelles but I would eat them all if I made them and that is not a good thing! :)

speechteachri
07-24-2007, 08:46 AM
I have a Pizzelle maker and used to make them. I haven't made them in a long time. Mine is a combo Pizzelle/Waffle maker and I just recently got it out of storage and cleaned it up but I haven't used it...decided waffles are too fattening! I too love Pizzelles but I would eat them all if I made them and that is not a good thing! :)
I used to have one like that too. I used to make them at Christmas time. Haven't made them in a very long time though...I think I threw away the maker because it was so gross looking. I prefer to make cookies that don't take as long, but since I haven't made them, I haven't had any Pizzelles..:(

PSL1013
07-24-2007, 08:55 AM
I used to have one like that too. I used to make them at Christmas time. Haven't made them in a very long time though...I think I threw away the maker because it was so gross looking. I prefer to make cookies that don't take as long, but since I haven't made them, I haven't had any Pizzelles..:(

Check your grocery store, they might have them? I bought them not too long ago to bring to a party and they were pretty good!

SunshineGirl
07-24-2007, 10:28 AM
I saw a recipe the other day for making Waffle cones using the Pizzelle maker. I am seriously considering trying it because my whole family loves waffle cones. I found the recipe on the side of the Waffle scented Philosophy shower gel!! Can you imagine what a fun night that would be? Homemade ice cream and homemade waffle cones?

coastalgirl
07-24-2007, 10:42 AM
I saw a recipe the other day for making Waffle cones using the Pizzelle maker. I am seriously considering trying it because my whole family loves waffle cones. I found the recipe on the side of the Waffle scented Philosophy shower gel!! Can you imagine what a fun night that would be? Homemade ice cream and homemade waffle cones?

That does sound like fun! And yummy too! I may have to look into that also!

Lydia

nani
07-24-2007, 12:12 PM
I have the VillaWare pizzelle iron -- mine only makes 2 at a time -but they are the larger ones. I LOVE IT! It doesn't stick at all and it is easy to use. I didn't like the recipes included -but I finally got my mom to give me her recipe.

sunshinecindy
07-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Unfortunately, I checked into this today and that site is no longer available for purchasing. You would think they would take it off their home page. :(

~Kathie
07-25-2007, 02:16 AM

Shaws sells Pizzelles and so does BJ's. BJ's is a lot cheaper but you have to buy a huge package. If you have a Dave's near you, they sell them too.

At Christmas I usually buy Wandi's. We have pizelles all year round. They are the only "sweet treat" I can eat. No milk, no butter and not many calories. :angel:

speechteachri
07-25-2007, 09:46 AM
Shaws sells Pizzelles and so does BJ's. BJ's is a lot cheaper but you have to buy a huge package. If you have a Dave's near you, they sell them too.

At Christmas I usually buy Wandi's. We have pizelles all year round. They are the only "sweet treat" I can eat. No milk, no butter and not many calories. :angel:

It's actually funny that you posted about BJ's having them. After I responded to this post I saw them there yesterday! I shoud check the nutritional info, since I am back on WW after our trip and the 5 lbs. I gained while away!!:(

sunshinecindy
07-25-2007, 10:15 AM
I don't have either of those around me. :( I know that you can freeze them for a really long time, so this Christmas when Tricia is here with me, we will make a bunch and I will freeze some.

~Kathie
07-25-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't have either of those around me. :( I know that you can freeze them for a really long time, so this Christmas when Tricia is here with me, we will make a bunch and I will freeze some.

That's a great idea!!

~Kathie
07-25-2007, 01:46 PM
It's actually funny that you posted about BJ's having them. After I responded to this post I saw them there yesterday! I shoud check the nutritional info, since I am back on WW after our trip and the 5 lbs. I gained while away!!:(

Vanilla Flavored Pizzelle

Serving size 6 cookies
Amounts per serving
Calories 140 60 from fat
Total fat 6g 9% DV
Saturated Fat .05g 3% DV
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 15mg 5% DV
Sodium 55mg 2% DV
Carbohydrate 19g 6% DV
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 8g
Protein 3g

The package states only 23 calories per cookie.
Ingredients:

Flour, sugar, liquid whole eggs, canola oil, soya letchin (release agent), vanilla flavor, caramel (colour agent), baking powder, salt.

The nice thing about these for me is I do South Beach plus I have the dairy allergy. So I can have 3 cookies and it's dairy free. They are individually wrapped with 10 packs of 10 cookies.

For all of you that have the patience to make them.......God bless you. I bet they'll taste great!!