PDA

View Full Version : My awful night

coastalgirl
07-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Last night after dinner my middle son and I went to Walmart to finish up on school supply shopping and to just hang out together. Well, I got a page to go to So now I am freaking out, my phone is dead-of course- and I am so worried. Last July my teenage son was in a car wreck that broke both wrist and basically ruined his baseball scholarship. I am terrified everytime he leaves the house.
We leave and come on and DS17 is there, locked out and DH and DD are gone. I go to the bathroom and there is blood all over the floor. I freak and DS8 freaks with me. He is OCD and just lost it. All the way to hospital he is just totally freaking out, saying outloud all the bad things that could have happen to either one of them. He was hysterical.
We get there and finally someone takes us back and my little princess had fallen of the potty and her teeth went through under her bottom lip and she almost bit her tongue completely off. It was just awful. Of course now she refuses to even go potty!:(
They could not fix her tongue they said it would have to heal on its own and she got 6 stitches under her lip.
Now they got to the hospital at 7 pm and it was midnight before we left. It was just wretched.
But when we came home my oldest had totally scrubbed the bathroom, no sign of anything and had put away groceries and cleaned up the kitchen from dinner.:heart:
It was just a rough night and my poor baby has a black and blue face, her tongue is swollen and she talks funny, and she has stitches. She looks like her little face was just smashed. We were lucky though that none of her teeth broke.:) Though when all was done, my first question to DH is were you in there with her?? Then of course I had to wake him up and apologize as kids get hurt. She refuses to let you help her and she won't use her potty.
I just had to share, needed to get this off my chest.
Her stitches come out Saturday and hopefully won't leave a big scar.

Lydia

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm so sorry to hear that :( Big :hugs: to you and your little one. Falling off the potty and getting hurt like that can be very traumatic for a little one. My neice fell off and broke her wrist when she was potty training. It took her awhile to get back to training. I hope it all works out ok.

SunshineGirl
07-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh, no!!! I know how terrified you must have been. We got a call from the babysitter when my older daughter was about 4. The babysitter was so freaked out that all she could say was "you need to come here now." The whole way there, I thought the worst and just prayed that whichever child it was, she was alive. When I got there, there was blood everywhere. Another child had pushed her into a coffee table and split open her head.

After plastic surgery and 2 years, she still has a scar right between her eyes. And I hate it!!! But I have to think how thankful I am that it is only a scar and not anything worse.

I'll be thinking about you. I'm sure that you are just exhausted today!!

wilsonfamily4
07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
What a night! I think I would have been thinking the same about my husband then remind myself I am not with the kids 100% of the time either. My daughter jumped of the bunk bed and broke her arm. My husband wondered the same. I told him how I had just said "don't jump off the bed" and had JUST sat down when I heard it.
These freak things happen with kids. But being kids they heal really good too. Make sure you take lots of pictures because she will want to see them someday when you tell her this story.

LOTS AND LOTS of hugs.

disneynut
07-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Awww. How awful for your little one. I can imagine yours and her trauma.:hugs:

TIAMOMMA
07-24-2007, 12:28 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your horrible night. I know how scary it is when your kids get hurt bad and there's so much blood! That was so sweet of your oldest to clean everything up for you - sounds like a great kid!

My scariest parent moment was somewhat similar to Tricia's, except I was there to see it all. My daughter fell against our coffee table and split her forehead open. This happened the 2nd day after we came home from the hospital with our newborn son. The worst part was I just had a c-section so I couldn't run as fast as we could. My mom was a nurse at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia so I called her immediately, she said she thought someone was being killed because of all of the screaming she could hear in the background! My mom came right over and said she needed to get to the hospital (which I already could tell). The worst part was not being able to go with them because I would have only slowed them down!!

It's so horrible when your little one gets so hurt, it makes you really connect with the depth of the love you have for your child - you really would gladly take the pain if you could.

I hope your daughter feels better real soon!!!:hugs:

coastalgirl
07-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Y'all are all so kind!:hugs:
With the boys we have had some true horror stories. The worst being DS car accident a year ago. You really never know true fear until you get that call. Via ambulance to boot! Or when he got a staph infection and spent a week in the hospital with a whole the size a small plate in his leg.
But we have had some funny ones too. My oldest once got stuck in a coffee table.:rotfl: I was 18 all alone and had to call 911 to send someone to get him out. Then 2 yrs later he had a turtle bite his tongue. Try calling the Dr. and explaining that one. :rotfl:

She seems to be doing better as the day goes on. I think she may even be trying to use it to her advantage. You tell her no and she starts to cry about her boboo's!

Thanks again for all your kind words.

Lydia

ItsmeSunnyV
07-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Aww You poor things! I have a 6 yr old as my eldest and I am starting to learn that all those terrible hard times are just part of being a parent. I had my 1st bad accident a year ago when my son was running in the house and ran straight in to the corner of the bar, I was alone at the time with the kids, called my DH who thank goodness works here at our apt. complex he came home and had to calm me down. lol I couldnt help but FLIP OUT when I seen my baby covered in blood. We washed him up and took him to the E.R and they stapled his head. :( I asked for stitches but the Dr refused and stapled his poor little head. Now he has a small scar where hair wont grow. But as boys are, he thinks it's the coolest thing in the world. LOL

arob414
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your baby. :hugs: When mine was 9 months old, she had just started walking when she slipped and put her teeth threw her lip, totally freaked out her older sister. Luckily, it was just her lip, she was so little, she forgot it quickly. Took us a little longer to get over it and I never left her in her stocking feet, again, at least not until she got steadier.

Oh, her poor tongue. Burning your tongue is painful, but biting it...:(

Hedy
07-24-2007, 02:28 PM
Aww, poor doll (and her mother). :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

VanniGirl
07-24-2007, 04:20 PM
I hope your princess feels all better soon!

:hugs:

sammielynn
07-25-2007, 12:08 PM
How is everyone today?????????