PDA

View Full Version : Magical Moments

speechteachri
07-24-2007, 11:37 AM
I just thought I'd start a new thread for Magical Moments experienced at the World, no matter how small. I'd like to hear about those special moments that everyone else has had.

faithhope
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
Last day of my daughter's 6th birthday trip. The people in Mission Space ... (the game part after the ride) noticed her birthday button as we walked up to play the game... They let her push the button to start the game... we had the usual fun playing the game, and at the end they presented her with a certificate, and a free plush space mickey, and took our picture with our camera... it was the very last thing we did of that trip and it was just wonderful, and completely unexpected.

This also was a good surprise for my husband... he works in the space industry, and was interviewed for ideas by the Disney people before they put this ride in... so it is an even more special ride for our family now.

Faith

speechteachri
07-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Here are some of our special Magical Moments from our trip...

1. We were upgraded at POFQ to a waterview room. When we checked in they had listed that we would be celebrating our anniversary while there. I mentioned it and asked which building we would be assigned to. The cast member said we were in bldg. 1. I said that I would really prefer bldg. 2, 5 or even 6 if anything was available, and we got a GREAT location at the end of a walkway with only 1 room beyond ours, so no traffic by the room, and on the top floor, so no noise from up above and had a great water view!

2. We got anniversary buttons that we wore on our anniversary, and while we got wished happy anniversary at least 20 times that day!

3. On the day of our anniversary, dd was given a Fairytale fantasy button at the rope drop at MGM.

4. On the same day at MGM, the cast member let us go under the rope and took a picture of all of us wearing our buttons in front of the big hat. If I can find it I will post it.

5. DD was given a special Magical Moments certificate by a cast member at one of the souvenier kiosks in Frontierland. The cast member woprking there spent a lot of time joking around with dd about her pin trading, then wrote out the certificate for her "great Cowgirl smile."

6. At the entrance to MK one day, the cast member working at the ticket entrance pulled dd's hat off her and sprinkled Mickey confetti all over her hair and put her hat back on her. DD was a little surprised, but it was really fun. The confetti all fell out the first time she took off her hat to trade pins (she keeps her pins around her hat) It was cute. The cast member also gave her an extra handful of the confetti and told her to put a couple of pieces on her arm or cheek when she got sweaty later and see what happened. Needless to say, she and I both played around with mini Mickey "tattoos" for the rest of the vacation!

7. DD was given a special cast member only pin at both Rafiki's planet watch and at Chef Mickey's. At Chef Mickey's the cast Member told her to wait for a minute when she found out that dd collected Tink pins. She came back with 2 of the cast member Tink pins and gave them both to her. She made dd promise she would give the extra one away to someone special!

8. At MGM the same day dd got the fairy tale pin she also had a bunch of Cars tattoos given to her by a cast member. All three of us put one on for our dinner that night.

That's all I can think of right now. It does seem like there were more little "special moments" this trip than there were on our last one.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone else's "Magical Moments!

By the way, while we were in MK one day we saw a family walking around with t-shirts that said "i spent a night in the castle" or something like that.

wilsonfamily4
07-24-2007, 11:54 AM
January was our first family vacation to WDW. I was the only one out of the 4 that had been to WDW- So every minute was special. :) But when we were in line at Dumbo they gave each of us a million dreams pin necklace cord thing and it has 2 pins on it. We were so excited. My husband wants to keep his in his wrapper for years and then sell it on ebay. :) The rest of us wore ours proudly.

GOSH I keep thinking of magical moments. It was such an awesome trip.

speechteachri
07-24-2007, 11:58 AM
I forgot something...

My dh did the Divequest program while we were there. He had a small group and was the last of the evening, and got an extra 20 minutes in the tank. Then after he was done the group leader let the family members waiting right there to accompany the diver group back into the dive prep area since they had such a small group. We got sodas and got to play with all the animals in the "touch tank" in the room upstairs where they show the video of the dive to all the participants after they are finished changing. We got to hold urchins and such. It was really fun!

The Cheshire Cat
07-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Let's see:

Watching my son play duck duck goose with Woody

Getting an upgrade with a mk view

Being the family of the day and our boat rental was free and we got a certificate

Sitting on our balcony watching the wishes over the castle

I could probably go on and on. I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!