PDA

View Full Version : Need prayers for DD10 please

mia214jia
09-22-2008, 08:27 AM
We are going to be taking DD10 to a nuerologist on Wed. This has been a appointment in the making for a few years now. So now that she is older her
Ped. Dr has suggested its time to approach the issue.
So here goes, for as long as we can remember DD's hands would always shake. From the time she first started feeding herself to when she would use crayons or pencils. In the last few years her teachers from school would always address the concern by the first parent conference.
Our daughter is a very maticulous child. She has always strived to be her best and be at the top of her class. This has been HER desire. We have never pushed her to do anything she did not want to do.
I have never considered the thought that there is a problem, just that she concentrates so that she triggers her hands. We work on relaxing technigues when it evolves at home and hope that she trys to do it on her own at school.
Then finally one day she broke down at home and told me she wanted to go to the DR. It is now worrying her. :( And that broke my heart!
I have looked into this and there are some that say it could be "shanking hand syndrome" ?? I have never heard of it. Anyway, Hopefully this is not anything serious and all will check out.
So I am calling on the SR troops to say a few prayers for us.

missangie
09-22-2008, 08:47 AM
:hugs::hugs::hugs: Praying all will be okay.

sammielynn
09-22-2008, 08:49 AM
Hope you can find something out:hugs::hugs:

sunshinecindy
09-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Oh how horrible for such a little kid. She will be fine, it will be something very simple and taken care of. Just keep the faith. ;)

Magical JenK
09-22-2008, 09:10 AM
:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Not sure when it started for me, but my hands shake too. Not to the point where I can't write or anything, but I do shake. It gets worse when I'm stressed or anxious about something. I do have an irregular heart beat, that doesn't really impact me, (but I can have breathing issues w/it) but they've never connected the two together.

I'll pray for you & your DD. Please keep us posted!:hugs:

jl8595
09-22-2008, 09:15 AM
Praying for your DD. She sounds like a real sweetie and I'm sorry she's having to deal with this at such a young age. :hugs:

lanny76
09-22-2008, 09:21 AM
:hugs: and prayers from me, too. Hope you all can get some help/answers.

mia214jia
09-22-2008, 09:24 AM

Not sure when it started for me, but my hands shake too. Not to the point where I can't write or anything, but I do shake. It gets worse when I'm stressed or anxious about something. I do have an irregular heart beat, that doesn't really impact me, (but I can have breathing issues w/it) but they've never connected the two together.

I'll pray for you & your DD. Please keep us posted!:hugs:

She has a mumor as well, that's a start ??! The Dr. is suppose to be one the best. I will certainly bring it up. And yes, her's is much worse when she is excited, stressed and anxious. But it is consistent, whether she is brushing her teeth or tying her shoes.

Hedy
09-22-2008, 09:33 AM

askomsky
09-22-2008, 10:12 AM
:hugs: I'm so sorry and will say some prayers for you and her.
I can only imagine how it must have felt when she came to you and asked to see the doctor.
LIke Cindy said, have faith that he'll be able to take care and treat her.
:hugs: Keep us posted.

April

andrea2289
09-22-2008, 10:17 AM
In our thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Anna
09-22-2008, 11:03 AM
Will be thinking of you and your DD. You are in our prayers!:hugs:

pbhall13
09-22-2008, 11:09 AM
sending my prayers your way

zoodoyle
09-22-2008, 11:55 AM
You and your DD will be in our thoughts and prayers!! :hugs:

linanglab
09-22-2008, 12:22 PM
Definitely praying for you and your DD. Please keep us updated.

mjjmbnmm
09-22-2008, 12:44 PM
I hope everything turns out to be o.k, will keep her and you in my prayers.:hugs:

mia214jia
09-22-2008, 12:54 PM
Thank you all for your encouragement! Right now it is just the waiting that is riding on my nerves. In my heart I feel she is going to be ok, however there is that nagging tug that wont go away. :(

arob414
09-22-2008, 01:22 PM
:hugs: Wishing both of you the best. :hugs:

jakeandsophiesmom
09-22-2008, 06:33 PM
My heart goes out to you!:hugs: You and DD will be in my prayers. And as difficult as it may be, keep your head up, your faith strong and just believe that everything will be ok. Keep us updated.:hugs:

speechteachri
09-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Thank you all for your encouragement! Right now it is just the waiting that is riding on my nerves. In my heart I feel she is going to be ok, however there is that nagging tug that wont go away. :(

You're the mom...you wouldn't be normal if you weren't worried! It's what comes along with motherhood...the worry for our babies, no matter how old they are. Take a deep breath and try to relax some.

I'll keep you both in prayer!:hugs:

Iteach
09-22-2008, 08:38 PM
It's always hard and scary when you think something might be wrong with your child and also when there are struggles. I will keep you both in my thoughts and be saying prayers. We'll be waiting to hear how your Dr. appt. goes. :hugs:

eaglesdare
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
sending hugs and prayers for you and your family.

mia214jia
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
Im trying to relax and be calm... But its hard. I spent most of the day taking care of last min details with thier office. I was in tears by the time I got off the phone.
She also has a big project due on wed and suppose to give a OR for it. So I had to call and make arrangements with her teacher.
I am sure we will be there for most part of the day, Im just not sure which direction he will want to go when we get in there and tell him whats been going on.
To be honest I dont think it ever really hit me until she broke down and told me she wanted to go to the DR.
Part of me feels quilty for thinking she would "grow out of it" The other part feels like I have let her down for not pursuing it. :cry: My mind keeps circling around the idea "Have I waited to long???" Am I overreacting?" ...
I keep reminding myself to breathe but its hard.

Blessing and Miracle
09-22-2008, 09:09 PM
I'm so sorry about your DD. I hope and pray that it's something simple. I will keep the both of you in my prayers!

jakeandsophiesmom
09-22-2008, 09:51 PM
I know it's hard, but just breathe and take one step at a time. And don't feel guilty, I'm sure we have all had our "what if" moments with our children. Just know that we are all here to support you and get you through this!:hugs:

jenvance
09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Don't feel guilty! You can't beat yourself up. Remember we are all here for you! I will keep you in my prayers!

luvhockey
09-23-2008, 09:22 AM
I think the not knowing is the worse. It's so hard when your kids aren't well. All Moms wish they could take away all the bad.
Hang in there. Wishing for quick answers.

Angela

orangesforadam
09-23-2008, 10:06 AM
You're a wonderful mother! Don't doubt that! Like the others have mentioned, all mother's wanna take the hurt away, make everything better but sometimes you just have to trust your God-given instincts. HUGS!!!

mia214jia
09-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Well I got alot done this morning. Which is good considering our appt tomorrow is a good 2hrs away. My mom is coming to take care of DS3 and will stay until we get home. I know DD6 will be worried when she gets off the bus and we are not here. So I am going to make a little note for her with a snack for her when she gets home.
Im not sure whether to make a light lunch and take it or just wait and see whats around Kosairs. I am not familar with the area and I dont remember much from when I had our son back in '05 when he was born at UL.
Im going to go today and get the Van tires checked and gassed up.
I am pretty sure we will need to answer a gazillion questions on paper when we get there. I just hope I can keep my mind clear and focused so I dont leave anything out.

AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH

Sorry, I had to get it out somehow. :angel:

~Kathie
09-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Thinking about you today. It's so hard to see our babies sick. And no matter how old they are, you still worry. As someone mentions many times just the not knowing icauses more stress than the diagnosis. At least when you know.....you can deal with it and get on track to 'get it fixed'.

:hugs::hugs: and prayers for the whole family. Hopefully tomorrow will be the beginning of finding some answers.

faithhope
09-23-2008, 08:00 PM
Your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers.:hugs:

mia214jia
09-24-2008, 07:50 AM
Well, were about to head out. Not sure what to expect today, the fear of not knowing anything is wrenching my stomach into. I havent let DD see how I really feel about this because I know how it would hurt her. And really I havent let DH know either. Only you all here know how this is killing me inside. Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and thank you for letting me. Just Be.

zoodoyle
09-24-2008, 09:57 AM
:hugs::hugs: We'll be thinking about you today!!!!!! :hugs:

lanny76
09-24-2008, 09:58 AM
:hugs::hugs:

~Kathie
09-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Thinking about you today!! :hugs::hugs:

mia214jia
09-24-2008, 05:02 PM
Update : We are back, finally.
Well everything went really well with the appt. She ( Dr. Bishop) Dr. Puri's asst. was very throuogh. After about 20 mins. she said she didnt feel any imaging tests were needed but that definetly blood work would need to be done. To assure nothing is really missed.
Because of DD' asthma the treatment route BetaBlockers are out of the question because her inhaler meds would basically knock out what Betablockers would do.
Diagnosis with 2 other Resident Dr's is Benign Essential Tremor.
Web MD abbreviation is : Benign Essential Tremor is a neurologic movement disorder characterized by involuntary fine rhythmic tremor of a body part or parts, primarily the hands and arms (upper limbs). In many affected individuals, upper limb tremor may occur as an isolated finding.
Treatment will be prescription meds. that is used for epilileptic seizures.
We will go back in Dec. to see how she is doing with the meds and if it has subsided her symptoms.
The meds will not cure it but it will slow her body down.

My head is spinning trying wrap around all this. Not sure, if I am comfortable yet. I guess time will only tell.
Thank You ALL again for your kind thoughts and prayers it really means alot!

Magical JenK
09-24-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh Michelle, I was thinking of you & DD today! I'm glad you posted the follow up. I'm glad they were able to diagnosis it...while it may be a little overwhelming, at least it's not something they are unsure of!

Keep us posted on how DD does on the meds! You guys will continue to be in my thoughts & prayers!

Hedy
09-24-2008, 05:16 PM
I always say knowing what's wrong is 75% of the battle.

jakeandsophiesmom
09-24-2008, 05:29 PM
Michelle--So glad that they could get a diagnosis for your DD and get her on meds that may help her. And speaking from experience, I know today was probably the hardest one of all for you. It will get easier, just take it day by day and stay strong. You and DD will be in my thoughts. We are all here for you when you need us!:hugs::hugs:

mia214jia
09-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Getting her to do the blood work was the hardest. :sunshine2: I had talked to her and got her all ready to do it until the girl pulled out the butterfly needle. Then she freaked. I was trying to talk to her and the poor girls from lab were trying. NO GO!
Then out of know where ... I remembered how we had met a little guy just about her age in the elevator who was going for a follow up from a procedure he had done. He had just finished a round of chemo and looked very tired.
Thier eyes had met in the elevator and had small talk. He made her smile ... she made him smile ... It was sweet.
So when here she was completely coming unglued I took her face in my hands nad I asked her. Do you remember that little guy in the elevator? She said yes. I said honey what he has gone through in these last few months is nothing compared to what you are going to do now. You can do this and YOu can do it for him. You can be just as brave as he his. And it was like she snapped and she let them take the blood.
But it was quite as could be in there. You could have heard a needle drop on that carpet. Afterwards the lab girls asked me where we had been and I told them Kosiars. So I guess in all reality was a big lesson today for us and for a few others.

lanny76
09-24-2008, 06:04 PM
Glad you know what it is now, and can try something to treat it. Hope it goes well! Will keep thinking of you all.:hugs:

~Kathie
09-24-2008, 08:19 PM
I always say knowing what's wrong is 75% of the battle.

I agree. I am so glad you found out and they are working to help her. It's going to be a challenge for you but you can do it. Both you and your daughter proved it today!

askomsky
09-24-2008, 08:31 PM
I'm glad you were able to get the answers, I agree not knowing is the worst part. I'm sure it'll take a few days to wrap your head around it but at least now they can start treating her and hopefully the meds will help.

That story with the little boy in the elevator gave me goose bumps, just a reminder to be thankful for everything we have.

:hugs:

Iteach
09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
I thought about you and DD so often today. I do think that getting some definitive answers will prove to be very helpful as you adjust to the diagnosis. Hopefully the prescribed medication will start to work soon and be very effective. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers. I also want to tell you what a great Mom job you did today. I know how scared you were. I've been there, but you put your own feelings aside and did what was best for your DD. I know it wasn't easy, but you did it, and did it very well, so a big hug and pat on the back to you Mom!!!! :hugs:

mia214jia
09-24-2008, 09:46 PM
I keep waiting to fall apart. But it just hasnt happened yet. I feel it start up and then it just slips away. Not sure why???
I do know though when that young boy got on the elevator and I saw how thier eyes met. I knew in heart it was for a reason. It was a moment I just dont think I can give it enough to bring it to life. And her little face when she looked up at me when I mentioned him, It was like she turned into a little adult for a moment and was more brave than I have ever seen her.
I know Ive had proud momma moments but I havent to admit that was a big one.
Like I have said earlier. Thank you all so much for letting me get this out. It has helped me in more ways than you would know.

~Kathie
09-24-2008, 10:18 PM
I keep waiting to fall apart. But it just hasnt happened yet. I feel it start up and then it just slips away. Not sure why???
I do know though when that young boy got on the elevator and I saw how thier eyes met. I knew in heart it was for a reason. It was a moment I just dont think I can give it enough to bring it to life. And her little face when she looked up at me when I mentioned him, It was like she turned into a little adult for a moment and was more brave than I have ever seen her.
I know Ive had proud momma moments but I havent to admit that was a big one.
Like I have said earlier. Thank you all so much for letting me get this out. It has helped me in more ways than you would know.

We know........and we're ALWAYS here for ya! :hugs:

luvhockey
09-25-2008, 08:55 AM
I'm glad you were able to a least get an some sort of answer quickly. Hopefully she'll do well and the medicine and it will stop or decrease the tremors.

eaglesdare
09-25-2008, 09:15 AM
glad to read the update. praying these meds help her.

mia214jia
09-26-2008, 12:21 PM
I just wanted to thank everyone again :thanks: For all your prayers and encouragement.
I shared some of your posts with DD last evening. It made her feel really good to know so many were thinking of her, So at her request I am letting you all know she appreciates it all very much. :love:!

Magical JenK
09-27-2008, 12:01 AM
I just wanted to thank everyone again :thanks: For all your prayers and encouragement.
I shared some of your posts with DD last evening. It made her feel really good to know so many were thinking of her, So at her request I am letting you all know she appreciates it all very much. :love:!

That's so sweet! :hugs:

andrea2289
09-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Thank goodness you have some answers and can now start the healing process. I hope the medicine helps her. It's ok to break down and just let it out Michelle. I have had to go into the shower, away from the kids, and just cry. It helps to just get it out. You both will be in our thoughts and prayers :hugs:

Sunni
09-28-2008, 12:12 PM
:hugs: Michele :hugs: I am so sorry to hear about all you and your daughter has gone through. I am glad that you have some direction now. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

We know........and we're ALWAYS here for ya!

Kathy.....you are so right!
I

patsy43
09-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I just joined the forum and am so sorry to hear DD is having so many problems at such a young age..I wish you all the best in the world and hopefully it won't be anything serious..I will keep you and DD in my thoughts and prayers for as long as you need me too..Please keep us informed and once again, GOOD LUCK!!!

Patsy43

mia214jia
09-30-2008, 09:01 PM
Thank You, Pasty! This is a really special place, here at SR. Sometimes when it feels like you have no where else to turn. Theres always here. :angel:

patsy43
09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Well I am glad you feel that way at least this experience can teach all of us that if you have no where else to go for comfort you can always come here to SR and you will always get words of encouragement.And I really do hope that things will work out for you and DD..She sounds like a very couragous little girl who wants to get better.So YOU GO GIRL!!!And Keep your chin up and your Faith and things will work out for you..And Michelle, all this bad luck with her can only make her a strong willed grown up so even the future will be bright for her..

All My Thoughts And Prayers For You,

Patsy

snowyday
09-30-2008, 10:42 PM
:hugs: Prayers and best wishes!! I am sure everything will be just fine!

mia214jia
01-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Her meds are not working very well. We have a new appointment in Feb. Im not sure what our other alternatives will be.
With the meds she is on now I really dont want to take her off them until I know if they may just want to increase the dose. And that worries me because the side effects are so strong.
She ( our DD) is going through so much right now on top of this. That she is depressed. My time has been researching and handling all the other issues that have come to surface in the last few months. ( i.e my Mom and sil )
So , this is why I have not been active in SR the last few months.

lanny76
01-25-2009, 07:10 PM
Her meds are not working very well. We have a new appointment in Feb. Im not sure what our other alternatives will be.
With the meds she is on now I really dont want to take her off them until I know if they may just want to increase the dose. And that worries me because the side effects are so strong.
She ( our DD) is going through so much right now on top of this. That she is depressed. My time has been researching and handling all the other issues that have come to surface in the last few months. ( i.e my Mom and sil )
So , this is why I have not been active in SR the last few months.

:hugs::hugs: and prayers for you all

Tiggerific711
01-25-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm so sorry to hear your DD is going through this.

I saw in an earlier post she was going to be taking a seizure medicine. What medicine is she on? My DS has epilepsy and has been on at least 7 different seizure medicines in the past 5 years. We finally found a combination that seems like it works for him (along with the VNS implant he had last March). I never thought we'd get to the point where he could go 18 weeks without having a grand mal.

:hugs:Hugs to your DD and family.

askomsky
01-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Wow I'm so sorry to hear that, I can't imagine what she and you must be going through. I will keep her and you in my prayers. :hugs:

~Kathie
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
It's so frustrating for parents when our kids are hurting and you can't fix it. You feel so helpless. :(

I will keep your family in my thoughts and prayers and hope you get some answers. :hugs::hugs:

mia214jia
01-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I saw in an earlier post she was going to be taking a seizure medicine. What medicine is she on?

She is on Primidone. As of now she takes 1/2 pill daily. For her condition they originally wanted to put her on BetaBlockers. But because she is asthmatic and is on a inhaler medication she cannot take them. So frustrating!!!! :headache:

pbhall13
01-26-2009, 12:20 AM
sending my prayers your way. It is so difficult to watch your child suffer and not have a definate answer to give her about what will make her feel better.

Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family

Blessing and Miracle
01-26-2009, 12:27 AM
I'm so sorry the meds aren't working very well. And I'm sorry your DD is depressed. I know how hard it is on parents when their babies are sick and they don't know what to do to make it better.

I am keeping you both in my prayers and your extended family as well. :hugs:

Please keep us updated.

Sunni
01-26-2009, 07:36 AM
:hugs: Michelle:hugs: I am so sorry to hear that the meds are not working. Sending lots of :hugs: for your daughter. I will keep you, your daughter, and family in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated. Please know that we are here for you!