PDA

View Full Version : SunshineCindy's Doggie

SunshineGirl
07-24-2007, 07:55 PM
I just got a message that mom had to put one of her dogs to sleep today. Blazer was about 16 years old and had been with them for a very long time. He kept an eye on the pasture. I don't know too much about dogs, but I *think* he was a red heeler.

I don't know if mom will be online or not tonight, but she is very sad. I talked to her a few hours ago when it seemed like he just wasn't getting any better. I know this was a terribly hard thing for her to do. I wish I had a picture to post, but I can't find one. :(

Soccer Princess
07-24-2007, 07:57 PM
Oh how sad :( My thoughts are with Cindy and poor Blazer...

jnorth1007
07-24-2007, 08:02 PM
How sad. It is amazing how much Cindy and I have in common. With our horses and all. I also have a red heeler Austrailian Shephard named Cayenne and I know how faithful and wonderful those dogs can be. My thoughts and prayers are with her tonight.

m4travels
07-24-2007, 08:04 PM
These are those horrendous, tough times of pet ownership. Lots of good thoughts going out to Cindy.

LuvMyBoys
07-24-2007, 08:05 PM
Please send lots of :hugs: to SunshineCindy for me. It's so hard to be the one to make that decision, especially for an animal that you love so much.

I remember when we had to have our cat put down a few years ago, I had to take her in and I felt so guilty. :( You know it's the right decision though when they are in so much pain :(

bbangel
07-24-2007, 08:12 PM
Many :hugs: for Cindy and family

PSL1013
07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Oh so sorry to hear this, unfortunately I know exactly how she feels and it is one of the hardest things to have to do. Pets are so much a part of the family and anyone who has ever had a pet truly understands how emotional a time this is. :hugs:

sunshinecindy
07-24-2007, 08:24 PM
Thank you so much for all your kind words. Yes, its been a tough night, especially since I had to do the actual euthanasia myself. Blazer was the best. He watched my horses and cats like no other dog ever has. He had even killed coyotes to keep his horses safe. Whenever we would take a horse or another dog or cat out of the pasture, he would run along side us and look at us like "hey, thats mine, you can't take it". He was stoic till the end. Though he was almost blind, near deaf, and had no canine teeth left, he took control till the end. We are going to miss him so much.

TIAMOMMA
07-24-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear the bad news Cindy. I know how heart-breaking it is to have to put a beloved pet down.

speechteachri
07-24-2007, 08:59 PM
:hugs: to you cindy!!

arob414
07-24-2007, 09:05 PM
Cindy, I am so sorry to hear about Blazer. I've been there and know it is a hard decision to make.:hugs:

bartleby1
07-24-2007, 09:44 PM
Oh, Cindy, I'm so sorry. :(

:hugs: Hugs to you.

zoodoyle
07-24-2007, 10:03 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss - and to do the euthanasia yourself - you are a very strong woman. What a wonderfully long life Blazer had with you. You're in our thoughts :hugs:

coastalgirl
07-24-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh Cindy,I am so sorry.:hugs: Those are very loyal dogs, I know he must have been like family. A big hug for you!:hugs:

Lydia

TXMouseChaser
07-24-2007, 10:39 PM
:hugs: :hugs: So so sorry ... I am sure he had a wonderful life living with you and your family....:hugs:

disneynut
07-24-2007, 10:49 PM
:hugs: Awww:hugs: Sorry to hear about your loss..:hugs:

Pooh's Pal
07-24-2007, 10:53 PM
:hugs: So sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Candi
07-25-2007, 12:51 AM
:hugs: I am sorry to hear that, Cindy. My parents dog is also over 16 and when he dies, it just won't be the same. We got him when I was in 8th grade!!

ItsmeSunnyV
07-25-2007, 01:06 AM
:hugs: Im Sorry Cindy!:hugs:

linanglab
07-25-2007, 07:25 AM
So sorry....My Buttons is like a family member. I can't imagine how it will feel when her time comes. But 16 years is a great long life for a dog. Again, very sorry. What a sad day.....

Angela

3dog2kidmom
07-25-2007, 07:51 AM
:hugs: Cindy, :hugs:

I am so sorry for your loss. I am sure Blazer will be long remembered in your heart :heart:

My thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time.

Shelly (and Drake, Buddie, Max & Suzy too)

Hedy
07-25-2007, 08:18 AM
Thank you so much for all your kind words. Yes, its been a tough night, especially since I had to do the actual euthanasia myself. Blazer was the best. He watched my horses and cats like no other dog ever has. He had even killed coyotes to keep his horses safe. Whenever we would take a horse or another dog or cat out of the pasture, he would run along side us and look at us like "hey, thats mine, you can't take it". He was stoic till the end. Though he was almost blind, near deaf, and had no canine teeth left, he took control till the end. We are going to miss him so much.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

wdwabby
07-25-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm so sorry Cindy! That's one of the worst feelings in the world, losing a pet :( :hugs:

tommygirl79
07-26-2007, 11:12 AM
I just found this post - Cindy, so sorry to hear about this. The loss of an animal is so painful! :hugs:

Pooh's Pal
08-07-2007, 01:32 AM
Well Cindy, I sent my condolences to you over a week ago, now I know just how you feel. I had to put down my 16year old guy this morning. He got sick on Friday night, did the vet route on Saturday, no improvement..so my DD and I talked and decided he was in pain and not to prolong it any longer. Wow, I didn't realize just how hard it would be. I think my DD cried harder than me (at least at the vets office!). We adopted him when he was 6 years old, it was shortly after my husband had suddenly passed away and I got the pup basically to keep my DD company after school(she was 10 at the time and wanted no part of a sitter for an hour till I got home from work). Well, my guy has brought 10 wonderful years to us, but now it feels so strange in this house without him!
Not sure if I could ever do this over again. :(
Say a little prayer for my guy-Beethoven!

sunshinecindy
08-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I am so sorry about Beethoven. I'm sure he knew how he filled a void in your life for 10 years, and that made him even more special. Its terrible that our little buddies lives are so short when they bring so much comfort and joy to our lives. My thoughts are with you. I know the empty feeling. I still have 15 other pets, but when I walk to the pasture and my beloved Blazer isn't there, I just stop and look at his grave, and talk to him and tell him hes on the wrong side of the sand, that he should be with me....but you know what, he always will be with me, as I'm sure Beethoven will always be with you.

zoodoyle
08-07-2007, 08:35 AM
So sorry for your loss. I'll keep Beethoven and your family in my thoughts and prayers!! :hugs:

Magical JenK
08-07-2007, 09:10 AM
Cindy & Pooh-

I just found this thread. I'm so sorry for your losses. It is a very hard thing to go through. It's so great to know there are so many who understand here!

A friend sent me the following when Ollie passed & thought it was perfect. I hope you don't mind me sharing...

Dogs aren't our whole Life, but they make our lives whole. This truly summed it up for me.

You're all in my thoughts!