PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Card Mailings

dawgsgirl
09-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Is there a schedule for the mailings??? For example--requests made by the last of the month are mailed out by the 15th, etc. I am just trying to figure out how to make my cashouts to involve the least amount of postage. Also, is there a way to check the status of the cashout?? I perfectly understand the 2-4 week time to receive the Disney cards. But if I wait the 4 weeks before I submit a trouble ticket, it could be 4 more weeks until I get my cashout. Just trying to understand if there is a schedule or just whenever???

jnorth1007
09-24-2008, 05:25 PM
There is not a set schedule for cashouts. Tricia sends them out every 3-4 weeks. If you happen to cashout right before the send out is done then you could get it in 3 days. If you cashout right after one is sent out it could be 3-4 weeks. You best bet is always to allow 4 weeks for arrival. It could come quicker but it is not guaranteed to and special requests can't be made because the cashouts are very time consuming and are done in batches. Hope this answered your questions!

dawgsgirl
09-24-2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the info. Not complaining at all, but it would be helpful to have some kind of schedule. Even if the time period was 8 weeks, at least I would know for sure what was going on. Thanks again. :sunshine:

mirandag819
09-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Is there a schedule for the mailings??? For example--requests made by the last of the month are mailed out by the 15th, etc. I am just trying to figure out how to make my cashouts to involve the least amount of postage. Also, is there a way to check the status of the cashout?? I perfectly understand the 2-4 week time to receive the Disney cards. But if I wait the 4 weeks before I submit a trouble ticket, it could be 4 more weeks until I get my cashout. Just trying to understand if there is a schedule or just whenever???

Also.... I don't think you will ever have to fill out a TT for a cashout. I guess technically it could get lost in the mail, but they are always recieved within 4 weeks, Tricia is great about mailing them on time! I recieved all of mine within 2 weeks, but I would definatly allow 4 in case you are cashing out right after she has completed a batch.

spring
09-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Thanks for the info. Not complaining at all, but it would be helpful to have some kind of schedule. Even if the time period was 8 weeks, at least I would know for sure what was going on. Thanks again. :sunshine:

I hear what you are saying. However, I wouldn't think it'd be easy to predict how many cashouts are done in a 2-4 week period. We can cashout anytime we want as long as we have the credits. However, Tricia may or may not have enough cards in the denominations requested. Then she has to put in an order. I think that might add to the unpredictability of the timing. I always allow 4 weeks after I cash out and haven't had a problem yet. HTH:sunshine:

gpp2001
09-25-2008, 10:15 AM
I cashed out on Sept 5th for a rather large amount - Tricia emailed me to let me know that she had just placed an order and would not be able to fulfill my order for a couple of weeks - this was okay for me because I do not leave for my trip until the middle of October. In the mean time I earned enough to cash out for another $50 - I submitted a trouble ticket to let her know that she could send the new cashout with the previous one. She responded that she would be getting the GC's in a day or two and they would go out immediately. So - I should be getting them any day now. And it would be about three weeks + since I originally cashed out.

I can't wait to get my GC's and I can't wait until my trip - 28 days to go!!!! :banana::banana:

Magical JenK
09-25-2008, 10:43 AM
I cashed out on Sept 5th for a rather large amount - Tricia emailed me to let me know that she had just placed an order and would not be able to fulfill my order for a couple of weeks - this was okay for me because I do not leave for my trip until the middle of October. In the mean time I earned enough to cash out for another $50 - I submitted a trouble ticket to let her know that she could send the new cashout with the previous one. She responded that she would be getting the GC's in a day or two and they would go out immediately. So - I should be getting them any day now. And it would be about three weeks + since I originally cashed out.

I can't wait to get my GC's and I can't wait until my trip - 28 days to go!!!! :banana::banana:

Awesome! I cashed out the same day! I love getting SR mail!! I did transfer my Disney Visa Rewards as well, just in case I didn't get them before we leave next week, but it sounds like I just might?!

jgates8
09-25-2008, 11:25 PM
Thank you so much for asking this question. I had it in my head they were on the 15th of the month also and I have been ordering around 11th to 15th - they were always coming by 20th. However, I was awaiting $75 this month & just came hunting to see if there were problems with them. This thread answered my question!

schaery
09-26-2008, 11:07 AM
I want to get a Disney GC for my Dec. 7 trip. So should I cash out before 10/15 or is 11/15 okay?

cglaura
09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
I want to get a Disney GC for my Dec. 7 trip. So should I cash out before 10/15 or is 11/15 okay?

I'd say by Nov 7, since the guideline is 3-4 weeks and the mailing for cards is random, not on the 15th.

Maybe Nov 1 just to be safe if not getting the card in time would put a damper on the trip.

Have fun! I love it there w/ the holday decor!

schaery
09-26-2008, 02:42 PM
Yeah, I'd better play it safe and do Nov. 1. Christmas is definitely my fave time at WDW. I'm a little sad, though, cuz this year my week was blacked out to the DV code and free dining. At least I got a AAA discount.

mjjmbnmm
09-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Thank you so much Tricia, I got my cards today. :thanks:

gpp2001
09-27-2008, 08:45 PM
I got my cards today and DD wants the $500 GC!!!! Thanks Tricia!!! This will pay for anything and everything we do on our cruise!! Woo Hoo!!!!

3dog2kidmom
09-27-2008, 09:37 PM
I got my three $100 cards today! THanks so much, Tricia!!

disney_girl
09-29-2008, 06:16 PM
What started out as a really bad day ended with lots of sunshine and smiles!! I got my $550 in Disney gift cards from SR and my cruise docs from Disney!! Now, the trip seems really close...must start packing!!:sunshine:

Thanks so much Tricia!!! I'm already thinking of what my SR $$$ is going to be paying for!!!

~Kathie
09-29-2008, 10:57 PM
My Disney Gift cards came today too!!!! :party:

bbangel
09-30-2008, 12:44 AM
:sunshine:Could have knocked me over with a feather when I found my gift card in the mail tonight! Thanks

ravensdreamer
10-08-2008, 07:53 AM
I got my gift cards for our trip (next week)........THANK YOU SUNSHINE, the $200 I cashed out for will be a BIG help on the trip. Now I gotta get back and refill the Sunshine bank and make sure I get to stay SM, apparently I only get in at this time of the year, this is my second time at the same time being a SM...LOL:banana:

schaery
10-10-2008, 07:31 PM
I cashed out for a DGC today. Will I receive any kind of confirmation when it's mailed out so I'll know when to be watching for it?

faithhope
10-10-2008, 07:40 PM
I cashed out for a DGC today. Will I receive any kind of confirmation when it's mailed out so I'll know when to be watching for it?

There isn't any confirmation... but since the Disney Gift Cards go out in batches... people post thank yous when they get them (like earlier in this thread)

I cashed out too, and I know I'll be posting with giddy happiness when I get my DGCs in the mail.

eaglesdare
10-11-2008, 08:58 AM
ok i'll jump in with you. i cashed out a couple days ago. i'd rather wait with a group then alone.

deana
10-11-2008, 01:38 PM

I recall an earlier post from Tricia saying she would be processing the Disney cards on the 16th...not sure if that is when she will be ordering them, or mailing them though.

schaery
10-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Thanks for that. I'll just be waiting and watching the mail maybe towards the end of the month.