PDA

View Full Version : MNSSHP

jaime
09-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Would you bring your 5 year old? Can someone tell me about it? Is it worth the money?

m 'n c
09-30-2008, 09:09 AM
I just went last Friday night. I think it really depends on what you want to get out of MNSSHP. Lots of people were there to ride the rides because there was no wait. Others like to go trick or treating the entire time and I think it is a steep price if candy is all you really want because it wasn't great candy this year.

We go to take pictures with characters that aren't always around, special pictures with props (hurst at the Haunted Mansion and Cinderella's Coach), and then to watch the parade, fireworks, and the Villans show. For us the admission price is worth it. We don't ride any of the rides or trick or treat.

If you just want to ride the rides without a long wait try thinking about going the morning after first thing because Saturday morning when we popped into MK we were able to walk onto most of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland and ride everything we wanted in a 2 hour time span. We could have done more but wanted to get over to Epcot to eat.

LuvMyBoys
09-30-2008, 09:18 AM
I just went last Friday night. I think it really depends on what you want to get out of MNSSHP. Lots of people were there to ride the rides because there was no wait. Others like to go trick or treating the entire time and I think it is a steep price if candy is all you really want because it wasn't great candy this year.

We go to take pictures with characters that aren't always around, special pictures with props (hurst at the Haunted Mansion and Cinderella's Coach), and then to watch the parade, fireworks, and the Villans show. For us the admission price is worth it. We don't ride any of the rides or trick or treat.

If you just want to ride the rides without a long wait try thinking about going the morning after first thing because Saturday morning when we popped into MK we were able to walk onto most of Tomorrowland and Fantasyland and ride everything we wanted in a 2 hour time span. We could have done more but wanted to get over to Epcot to eat.

I agree with Cate, it depends on what you are going for.

We went last Tuesday and what we really wanted was to ride rides. We did quite a few in the 6 hours we were there but there were more people than we expected which made getting around a bit hard.

The lines for trick or treating were also pretty long and the candy was not amazing, good but not worth the time it took to get it.

It is great if you are going to get in the Halloween spirit, like the cool characters, parade, dance parties, and fireworks.

Our kids all really liked it and thought it was fun. In retrospect though I think we would have had a better time just doing the MK that day from 9-7, it seemed much less crowded.

HTH :)

mirandag819
09-30-2008, 09:28 AM
We want on Friday the 19th and it wasn't crowded at all.... we rode lots of rides, trick or treated with no waiting (The trail was the best place to trick on treat since there were lots of places all in 1 row, there was some good candy and some not so great stuff too). Although at the end of the night they just filled out bags up, I wouldn't even bother early in the night.

We met characters that normally were not all. I loved the fireworks, villian show, and parade.

Taylor (3) wanted us all to get our faces painted and since there was no one else waiting, DH, my DD, me, and my sis all did the face painting.

We had the best time, probably the best part of our trip..... I still have awhile before I get to it in my trip report, but we thought it was very very worth it.

m 'n c
09-30-2008, 09:30 AM
One more thing. I don't know when you trip is but the parties tend to get busier the closer you get to Halloween. Something to think about as well when you weigh the cost.

LuvMyBoys
09-30-2008, 09:31 AM
We want on Friday the 19th and it wasn't crowded at all.... we rode lots of rides, trick or treated with no waiting (The trail was the best place to trick on treat since there were lots of places all in 1 row, there was some good candy and some not so great stuff too). Although at the end of the night they just filled out bags up, I wouldn't even bother early in the night.

We met characters that normally were not all. I loved the fireworks, villian show, and parade.

Taylor (3) wanted us all to get our faces painted and since there was no one else waiting, DH, my DD, me, and my sis all did the face painting.

We had the best time, probably the best part of our trip..... I still have awhile before I get to it in my trip report, but we thought it was very very worth it.

I was hoping for an experience like that :( We went on the 23rd and there were more people than expected. We got stuck in line in the Alice Treat Trail for 25 minutes!! We couldn't get out and everyone was getting really crabby :(

As we left the MK at 10pm (had to leave early) they were already running out of the chocolate squares at the exit! We only got like 2-3 pieces of candy from each treat station but it still ended up being a decent amount of candy.

mirandag819
09-30-2008, 09:49 AM
I was hoping for an experience like that :( We went on the 23rd and there were more people than expected. We got stuck in line in the Alice Treat Trail for 25 minutes!! We couldn't get out and everyone was getting really crabby :(

As we left the MK at 10pm (had to leave early) they were already running out of the chocolate squares at the exit! We only got like 2-3 pieces of candy from each treat station but it still ended up being a decent amount of candy.

I honestly think the nights that are suppose to be busier and therefore cost more money are less crowded. Friday nights are suppose to be busy and so Disney charges more, I think a lot of people are going on the cheaper nights and actually making those more busy. I could be wrong, but from everything I have been hearing our night and other Friday nights are sounding less crowded then the middle of the week parties. The crowds were wonderful, we didn't wait at all on Alice's Treat Trail, finished it in about 5 minutes and that included stopping for pictures with some cards and tweedle dee and tweedle duh.

jaime
09-30-2008, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the info! Do the adults get dressed up too? Can we earn SR credits when we buy them?

Do you bring your own candy bucket?

bbangel
09-30-2008, 01:16 PM
Thanks for the info! Do the adults get dressed up too? Can we earn SR credits when we buy them?

Do you bring your own candy bucket?

Definately dress up. There are a number of Costume places on SR for you to get credit! One is sponsoring the current halloween trivia contest!

They give you a bag for your candy!

m 'n c
09-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Some adults dress up and some don't. It just depends on how you feel. I would say maybe 25% did when I was there.

I don't think you can get credit for the tickets unless they are on the DW Tickets site which is a merchant. Maybe give it a try.

I'd just use the bags they give you as they are a fairly good size and easy to carry around the parks. (how much candy do you really want to be taking back to the room?? talk about a sugar rush the rest of your trip!)

iluvamystery89
09-30-2008, 01:49 PM
DH, DD and i dressed up for MNSSHP last year and we had a blast! we were the possibles...lol...DD was kim possible, i wore scrubs (2.00 at thrift store) as mrs. dr. possible and DH wore white dress shirt, slacks & tie to be dr. possible (shirt & tie about $2-3 at thrift store). if you're going for candy, skip it & save your money. if you'd like to see rare characters, ride the rides with no wait and watch the special parade & fireworks, it's a definite must-do!