PDA

View Full Version : I gained about 5 lbs. during our trip!!!

speechteachri
07-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Luckily I had planned ahead for this and lost a couple of extra pounds before I left, but needless to say, I am not real happy about the extra pounds. Between being in NH for a week when my f-i-l passed away and all the church people bringing in food, then two weeks in Disney, I am all out of Whack. Now time to bite the bullet and get back on track!

It seems to me that with all the walking and all the sweating I did while in WDW that I should have come out even at least, but all that good Disney food really did me in!!;)

jacaluho
08-11-2007, 09:40 AM
Do most people gain weight while at Disney? I didn't last time we went cause we stayed in a rented house off site and ate breakfast and dinner there. Just basically did light lunches in the parks. This year is free dining and I am starting to get a little nervous. I was hoping that I would just be walking off my weight, but maybe that isn't the case? :confused: :(

bs4free
08-11-2007, 11:26 AM
jacaluho, i am not one who tracks weight regularly or anthing, but i am pretty sure for me I come out even! I do alot more walking and moving and just more active at disney then most any normal day, Now yes I do eat alot while at disney, if it taste good and i am hungrey its Yum! Time, and well its Free Dining! I dont spend much time waiting in line or siting on a bench! the only time i am sitting at disney is when i am eating, or traveling for the most part! I think Disney is a workout it self! and can withstand the endulgences that come with being at disney, Like that dessert or app. that you normaly would not have orderd! Enjoy your trip, enjoy the food!

jacaluho
08-11-2007, 11:42 AM
We're movers too. We never seem to be sitting around at Disney, so I am just not gonna worry about it! Hopefully my clothes still fit when we come home! :rotfl:

bs4free
08-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Well if they still fit while your at disney they should fit when you get home, but i have heard that sometimes your clothes seem to shrink when they fly, something about the altitude, so if they dont fit that must be why they shrunk!:love:

jacaluho
08-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Well if they still fit while your at disney they should fit when you get home, but i have heard that sometimes your clothes seem to shrink when they fly, something about the altitude, so if they dont fit that must be why they shrunk!:love:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

bs4free
08-11-2007, 12:09 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You forgot the number one rule about disney food!

ITS ALL FAT FREE!

speechteachri
08-11-2007, 01:55 PM
We never sat around at all at Disney, with all the walking and losing so much in the way of fluids because of the extremem heat, I have to say that I was surprised that I gained.

Before I went I read somewhere that the average weight gain from a week long stay in Disney was 6 lbs. or something. Since I had been doing WW since January, I figured I would lose an extra 5 before the trip just to be on the safe side, but then my F-i-l got sick and we ended up being away for a week prior to our trip. I think that week more than anything else contributed to the weight gain. Anyway, I am within 2 lbs. again of where I want to be so it all works out!

bs4free
08-11-2007, 02:05 PM
We never sat around at all at Disney, with all the walking and losing so much in the way of fluids because of the extremem heat, I have to say that I was surprised that I gained.

Before I went I read somewhere that the average weight gain from a week long stay in Disney was 6 lbs. or something. Since I had been doing WW since January, I figured I would lose an extra 5 before the trip just to be on the safe side, but then my F-i-l got sick and we ended up being away for a week prior to our trip. I think that week more than anything else contributed to the weight gain. Anyway, I am within 2 lbs. again of where I want to be so it all works out!

Yea! all of that other stuff around disney did not help!

Glad to here your within 2lbs again :cooldance: :sunshine: :cooldance:

m 'n c
08-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I gained about 5 pounds from my free dining trip last year. I am making sure to lose a little extra before next trip so that the extra 5 pounds will not start a downward spiral affect like it did this past trip.

Congrats on getting within 2 pounds of where you want to be so quickly. Sometimes I think part of it is water retention during the summer heat.

Kittykat
08-13-2007, 03:09 PM
You forgot the number one rule about disney food!

ITS ALL FAT FREE!

Do you mean it's all FAT *AND* FREE?! :rotfl:

I'm hoping to go five pounds below my goal weight before we go to Disney. I'm eating EVERYTHING!!! There will be no stopping me!! :p

bs4free
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Do you mean it's all FAT *AND* FREE?! :rotfl:

I'm hoping to go five pounds below my goal weight before we go to Disney. I'm eating EVERYTHING!!! There will be no stopping me!! :p

How ever you want to look at it! It is Disney After all where all your dreams can come true, and nothing is impossiable!