PDA

View Full Version : Painting....AGAIN!!!

linanglab
07-26-2007, 08:08 AM
We have lived here 6 years. The only reason we moved here was because I liked the kitchen. ( The rest of the house needed LOTS of work, but the price was right.)

But, my kitchen has been 5 colors in 6 years. And now I am at it again....DH is being very patient. I can't find a color I like. I am trying a gold color today. However, it looks a little mustardy....I may have to go by a different "gold" color.

Anyone else paint obsessive like me???? Am I hopeless????

Angela

sammielynn
07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
I don't change paint color that much, but I chose a color for my office and the men painted it and made such fun of the color even though I really don't care for it I would never tell them.
I'm painting my porch this summer and the last three summers. The only problem is I have to get 117 years of paint off before I can put new on. I spend at least three hours a day outside with a heat gun and various scrapers removing the paint, it is 1/4 inch thick. So beware of the build up of paint on those kitchen walls!:rotfl:

linanglab
07-26-2007, 10:39 AM
Yeah....my kitchen is starting to cave in on me. Pretty soon it will be as thick as the trim :rotfl: .

I do not have anything on my walls. We have paneling on most walls(YUCK! our house was built in 1886), and if you put a hole in it, it is hard to cover back up. So...my walls are empty. Anyone want to come and wallify my house, you are welcome!!!! Anyway, that is why I change paint ALL the time I guess....

Angela

sammielynn
07-26-2007, 06:41 PM
If it is one thing I have learned from old house livin' is don't tear down a wall. Some of my neighbors have and the dirt behind the walls was awful. One guy didn't think and took down some paneling and a cloud of black coal dust covered the entire house:( They paint a lot of paneling on HGTV. Even saw one show where they filled in all the panels with something so they had nice smooth walls. Might try that.
I redid the trim in one room after we first moved in and it looks wonderful. A hard thing to do with children at home, all of the lead in the paints they used years ago gets into the air. Surprised mine lived through that.
I love my old house. It's a Queen Anne cottage. It was built in 1890, young next to yours.