PDA

View Full Version : If you couldn't do all 4 parks which one to skip?

The Cheshire Cat
05-07-2007, 06:52 PM
If on your next trip you couldn't fit all the four major parks in at wdw which one would you skip, why and what order would you put them in?

I'd skip mgm - I love it but if I had to choose that would be the one.

My order would be

MK
Epcot
AK
MGM

PSL1013
05-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I'd skip Animal Kingdom...we've been here a few times but it just doesn't hold my interest like the other parks do. The last couple of visits were to see Expedition Everest when it first opened (never again, once was enough) and the new Finding Nemo the Musical which was great but not worth going into AK just to see it again. :)

saffymom
05-08-2007, 08:53 AM
It would definitely be MGM for me. I don't like drops, so Tower is out for me. I don't really care for RNRC either. DS loves Star Tours and Playhouse Disney though, so I guess I don't get to skip it. But I do limit us to one visit per trip!

kerry34
05-08-2007, 08:56 AM
MGM for me also if I absolutely had to choose. I dont do TOT or RNRC (my kids love them though), and as much as I enjoy the shows, I would give those up over going on the rides that I love in the other parks.

Kycha
05-08-2007, 10:32 AM
I'd skip Animal Kingdom...we've been here a few times but it just doesn't hold my interest like the other parks do. The last couple of visits were to see Expedition Everest when it first opened (never again, once was enough) and the new Finding Nemo the Musical which was great but not worth going into AK just to see it again. :)

Ditto. I don't know what it is, but every trip I plan to spend at least a full day at Animal Kingdom. But, we usually end up leaving by lunch time. I have yet to see the Jungle parade. At least with Expedition Everest, I am now willing to spend more time there.

Sahmy
05-08-2007, 11:45 AM
That's hard but I would have to say MGM. I think. Or, I would split the day between Animal Kingdom and MGM.

I went on a quick weekend trip with my aunt in September. We went to all 4 parks in 2 days!!!! We even went back and forth a couple of times! I was starving by the time we got home because we never really stopped to eat! :rotfl:

She kept saying, "We'll get breakfast after this", then it was lunch, then dinner and it never happened. I think I had a muffin, half of a hot dog and that was it from the time we landed Thrusday night until we got back Sunday afternoon. What makes it even funnier is, this woman loves to eat. But, I guess not while in Commmando mode! :rotfl:

Alice28
05-08-2007, 12:05 PM
I love Tower of Tower, but that is my only MUST DO at MGM. Although my kids like Star Tours and Muppets a lot.

So, I would skip MGM.

My order would be
MK
Epcot
AK (EE is my new favorite ride!)
MGM

January
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Hmm....for me it was a toss between MGM and AK. I choose AK, though.

MGM has a lot of shows that we LOVE!:love:

nolacindy
05-08-2007, 03:26 PM
I'm another one for Animal Kingdom, don't get me wrong I still love it, but if I had to chose that would be the one.

Soccer Princess
05-08-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm another one for Animal Kingdom, don't get me wrong I still love it, but if I had to chose that would be the one.

I agree! :)

luvdisney
05-08-2007, 05:59 PM
I would probably skip Epcot. We didn't get to spend much time in AK last time we were there (too crowded).

luvdisney00
05-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I'd say AK too, but I haven't been since EE opened so maybe when i go in July, I will change my mind. I guess since we go in the summer, I'm always hot and tired at AK so I don't enjoy it as much as the other 3 parks.

speechteachri
05-08-2007, 07:11 PM
I voted for AK. The only reasons for me personally to go back this upcoming trip are the gorillas and Expedition Everest!

Lucinda
05-09-2007, 06:33 AM
Epcot for me.We just enjoyed the other ones more.

chocovrdmicears
05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Animal Kingdom for me too. I can't imagine a vacation without going on Kilimanjaro(sp?) Safari at least once..but that's the one park that we can't seem to stay for the whole day. We have been to Disney 6 times in the past 5 years and I have yet to see Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade.:blush:

kerry34
05-18-2007, 08:35 AM
Animal Kingdom for me too. I can't imagine a vacation without going on Kilimanjaro(sp?) Safari at least once..but that's the one park that we can't seem to stay for the whole day. We have been to Disney 6 times in the past 5 years and I have yet to see Mickeys Jammin Jungle Parade.:blush:

The first time we went to AK (in 98) we had the same problem, we stayed maybe until lunch. My two kids at the time, had no interest in being there. We did not go back again until April 2005, skipped it for the trips before that. Now we have no trouble staying all day. It is one of our family faves now.

Anna
05-26-2007, 06:15 AM
That's a hard one....it would have to be Animal Kingdom although it has EE. It is just not a favorite and it has only 1 good place to eat which is Rainforest Cafe. :angel:

losassok
05-26-2007, 09:39 PM
I'm another vote for AK. We go every 3 or 4 trips. I don't do EE but I do enjoy Lion King and now Nemo every other year or so. My grandkids love Playhouse Disney and Little Mermaid so I'd be shot if I tried to skip MGM.

3dog2kidmom
05-30-2007, 07:51 AM
I voted for AK, although this time when it's jus DD and me we are skipping Epcot. We have never gotten to see the AK parade, and we just love Everest!! Also the new Nemo show is wonderful and we loved FOTLK.

I'm so sad to be missing Epcot, though. It really is my favorite and there is never enough time there. If/when we go back at Christmas I want to spend a day and a half there.

The Cheshire Cat
05-30-2007, 05:47 PM
You guys really surprise me! I thought for sure it would be MGM as the park to skip and not AK!

llgray16
05-31-2007, 10:52 AM
I love Tower of Tower, but that is my only MUST DO at MGM. Although my kids like Star Tours and Muppets a lot.

We LOVE ToT and it is a must do for us so I would have to say AK (although I have grown to :love: AK as well!

Tasha228
06-03-2007, 05:43 PM
It's a hard choice because all of them have something that I like. However, I could never ever skip MK! I also love Epcot. And with a 2 year old there is quite a bit at MGM that I wouldn't want her to miss and that she really likes. She also loves animals so it's still hard to skip AK and dh loves Kali River Rapids but if I HAD to choose...

I'd skip AK. It doesn't have quite as much that I'd want to do compared to the other 3.

My order if I had put them in order (and it's still hard for me to do) would be:

MK
Epcot
MGM
AK

~Kathie
06-11-2007, 10:43 AM
I'm another one who would skip AK and frequently do. I don't do any of the thrill rides but DH does. If we are alone we usually skip AK, if we are with a group, we go so he gets to go on all the rides he doesn't go on with me.

We never miss Epcot. That is our favorite especially around Flower & Garden and Food & Wine time.

Epcot
MK
MGM
AK

amberdansmom
06-11-2007, 05:23 PM
My order would be:

MK
MGM
EPCOT
AK

amberdansmom
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
It's a hard choice because all of them have something that I like. However, I could never ever skip MK! I also love Epcot. And with a 2 year old there is quite a bit at MGM that I wouldn't want her to miss and that she really likes. She also loves animals so it's still hard to skip AK and dh loves Kali River Rapids but if I HAD to choose...

I'd skip AK. It doesn't have quite as much that I'd want to do compared to the other 3.

My order if I had put them in order (and it's still hard for me to do) would be:

MK
Epcot
MGM
AK

Just wanted to say that the picture you have in your siggy is sweet!

Mom_of_2_Bichons
06-11-2007, 10:53 PM
We just got back from this dilemma! We had 4 days to spend in the park and knew that EPCOT would take longer than one day for us since we are all into science and travel. The family decided together that AK would be cool but we definitely needed to do MGM for Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Sci-Fi Diner and all the other great stuff. It was the right choice for us. We also hit the zoo fairly regularly here in NC (not saying our zoo is better than AK..!!!!! Never!) Just a matter of choice and time. If we had more time, we would definitely include AK into the mix. :minnie:

Trisha818
06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
We are planning on skipping Epcot in October. It's not that I don't love the park, but my DS is only 4 and he was less than thrilled with it in Nov. We had to omit a park from our upcoming trip, so Epcot will have to wait until next year. :(