PDA

View Full Version : Did the Disney cashout prices just change?

deana
10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
Or am I just losing it??? I just reached $96 this morning in my account, thanks to Angie's new offers and excitedly went to cashout for another $100 Disney card....only to see that today I need $97. Did they just go up?

I'm off to do another offer or two, or another survey to get that last dollar! :type:

pbhall13
10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Yes it did. Tricia is trying to put some emphasis on some of the other cashouts (so that people who aren't disney people also get a great deal)

Hoping that the disney one does come back again though (I know it is only a little difference, but when you are off by a dollar it sometimes it takes others a bit longer to make that one dollar up)HTH

deana
10-03-2008, 11:13 AM
Thanks for you response Pam! I was slightly disappointed to see the change (especially because I was anxiously waiting to get to $96 and just did this morning)... but it is no big deal. In today's economy, I feel truly blessed to be able to even cashout for anything!! I just did my first cashout in September for a whopping $700 and hope to get a bit more before our Disney trip in December. The $700 amazed me... getting another $100 in one month amazes me more. I can wait for one more dollar. I love SR!

pbhall13
10-03-2008, 11:15 AM
I completely agree! Just means I have to keep at the surveys everyday to hit my next hundred as well (we leave on Oct. 31st......so another cashout before then will be great for me.......this one will be for my girls to buy whatever they want and me not having to say "Let's see what else there is" They can do whatever they want with this giftcard!)

Enjoy your disney cashout....I know I will!

faithhope
10-03-2008, 11:18 AM
yup. it changed... but hey... it is still a savings.

I'm trying to talk more of my disney friends into joining so SR will put more emphasis on the disney gc again.

Since Tricia posted that the Disney gc cashout EVENTS are just a good memory... this is the best deal in town... but now I see no need to keep a large balance in my SR account... I'll be cashing out for disney gc as fast as I reach the 97 credit amount.

SunshineGirl
10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Part of it is just flat economics as well. Disney doesn't give us the break on cards that other companies do. So we lose money on every one of those cashouts. We could handle losing money on the cashouts when we were making a lot of money on shopping and surveys and offers. But with every passing month that the economy is down, less people are shopping and fewer advertisers are giving us freebie offers. So we have to make some hard decisions to be sure that we keep SR in the red. We started by cutting employee bonuses. Then we scaled back how often we send cashouts to help with postage. Now we are trying to cut our losses on the cashouts a little bit. We hope it is a small price to pay for ensuring that SR stays afloat until the economy turns around.

bbangel
10-03-2008, 11:38 AM
Definately a small price to pay.

And a reminder that we can all do our part by finding new people to join and making sure we do the surveys, offers and shop for what we can!

Thanks for working hard for us Tricia! :clap:

bartleby1
10-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Oh bummer. But, I totally understand with the way the economy is going! It was nice while it lasted! I had enough to cash out a couple of days ago too. Oh well! Still a good deal though! :) I do appreciate the SM discount!

deana
10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Part of it is just flat economics as well. Disney doesn't give us the break on cards that other companies do. So we lose money on every one of those cashouts. We could handle losing money on the cashouts when we were making a lot of money on shopping and surveys and offers. But with every passing month that the economy is down, less people are shopping and fewer advertisers are giving us freebie offers. So we have to make some hard decisions to be sure that we keep SR in the red. We started by cutting employee bonuses. Then we scaled back how often we send cashouts to help with postage. Now we are trying to cut our losses on the cashouts a little bit. We hope it is a small price to pay for ensuring that SR stays afloat until the economy turns around.

Absutely understood. I wouldn't care if I had to cashout 100 to get $100 in Disney money. 9 months ago I had never heard of SR and now I have been lucky enough to have earned $800 to use for meals and gifts in Disney this year. Without SR, the budget for our trip would be much tighter!
Personally, I am more concerned with SR staying afloat these days, than the few dollars I save or don't save with a cashout.

faithhope
10-03-2008, 01:57 PM
I agree... the most important thing is to keep SR going strong! I wouldn't have a disney vacation at all this year without this site!!!

You work so hard and the site has gotten better and better, it is hard to even consider that the economic downturn has affected SR. Personally I do more of my shopping through SR than I did in the past because I have to make every penny count, and you guys work so hard to get us great coupons and/or free shipping.

Sorry if I sounded grumpy about the change... it is only because you spoil us so... I really do appreciate all that the team does to make SR so wonderful.

wilsonfamily4
10-03-2008, 02:04 PM
I actually enjoy change. :) I liked looking at the list and seeing what had changed. The one I am wondering about is the Darden GC $50.00 for $45.00 for Supermembers. I cannot see that in the cashout area. But I sure would be interested.

Thanks Tricia for thinking of us all and changing things up sometimes.

SunshineGirl
10-03-2008, 02:51 PM
I actually enjoy change. :) I liked looking at the list and seeing what had changed. The one I am wondering about is the Darden GC $50.00 for $45.00 for Supermembers. I cannot see that in the cashout area. But I sure would be interested.

Thanks Tricia for thinking of us all and changing things up sometimes.

Woops!! I forgot to activate it. It is there now. :)

pbhall13
10-03-2008, 03:21 PM

I completely understand where you are coming from.......these are tough times, and being a small business owner myself, I know how situations can change in this economy. here is hoping that with an election coming up that changes happen for the better and personally.....I would rather see SR employees get a bonus than have a lower cashout.........

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2008, 03:39 PM

Absolutely agreed. Thanks for being creative with ways to keep the incentives there while still running your business effectively. We all have a vested interest in your and SR's success. I am actually shopping more through SR this year and hope others are doing the same.

SunshineGirl
10-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Absolutely agreed. Thanks for being creative with ways to keep the incentives there while still running your business effectively. We all have a vested interest in your and SR's success. I am actually shopping more through SR this year and hope others are doing the same.

If we had a prize for shopping, you would often be the winner. LOL! Sometimes when I see your big company orders come through I say to myself "I LOVE SHELLY!!"

I have no doubt that SR will come out all right when everything is said and done because I won't have it other way. It means having to do some things to cut back sometimes (or having Cindy and Angie bug the crap out of our merchants), but it will be worth it when the holiday season hits and we are stronger than ever.

3dog2kidmom
10-03-2008, 03:56 PM
If we had a prize for shopping, you would often be the winner. LOL! Sometimes when I see your big company orders come through I say to myself "I LOVE SHELLY!!"

LOL... 1-800-FLORALS and Cafe Press -- they have these cool laquered boxes that make great business gifts -- are my best kept secrets. If anyone needs anything I volunteer to order it. Of course "it's no problem... I'm happy to help!" :D

I have no doubt that SR will come out all right when everything is said and done because I won't have it other way. It means having to do some things to cut back sometimes (or having Cindy and Angie bug the crap out of our merchants), but it will be worth it when the holiday season hits and we are stronger than ever.

Me too. Just waiting for my Christmas Club check to come ~ November 1 and am going to be doing as much Christmas shopping online as possible this year!

PSL1013
10-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I plan to do some major shopping towards the end of the month....thank you for everything you do for us, it is much appreciated and I for one, support you all the way!! I don't know what I did before I found SR, must have been a pretty boring life? :rotfl:

deana
10-03-2008, 04:26 PM
Thanks to finding some great deals through SR, I just finished a great deal of my Christmas shopping!!

Alice28
10-03-2008, 06:56 PM
Me too. Just waiting for my Christmas Club check to come ~ November 1 and am going to be doing as much Christmas shopping online as possible this year!

I am too. I plan on ordering several Wii/DS games with Best Buy in store pick up, and a few toys with Toys R Us. I also want to order books with Barnes and Noble, and photos with probably Snapfish. I can't wait to start, not only to just 'start', but to give my account and SR a little boost in any way I can. I also am going to try and remind my mom to click through my account if she does any online shopping. :D

DH wants some good quality kitchen knives- any recommendations for a good SR merchant for this? There must be several....

m4travels
10-04-2008, 12:33 AM
While I joke around quite a bit in the forums I, too, hope that SR stays a strong force in the loyalty program area. It's been fun being a part of SR, but the fact that we're actually taking money BACK with us - many to a Disney park somewhere, others to do additional shopping - is absolutely astounding to me. I hope to be a part of SR for a long time to come.

disney_girl
10-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Definitely want SR to stay around for a long time! It says a lot about Tricia and her gang that they are rolling with the punches and making changes as needed! I'm sure there will be changes we don't necessarily love and things that they might not want to do, but we all want SR to stick around!

It's awesome to have some extra money for vacations or whatever else you spend it on! And SR is a great community as well!

sunshinecindy
10-04-2008, 07:30 AM
.I would rather see SR employees get a bonus than have a lower cashout.........

And that is why I love you.....even if you do have a new BFF.

mia214jia
10-04-2008, 08:38 AM
I have to say that I REGRET not shopping more through SR last yr for christmas. I have tried to do more recently with some little put aside. And have intentions to do much more this year!
We have not had the chance to go to WDW as of yet due to my health issues but I still havent given up hope as well. I dont have the opportunity to do BIG purchases like some but I do try to do as much as I can. I dont want to feel like Im a taker and not a giver. I think we are all part of a company that truly wants to part of SUNSHINE in our day.
Anyways you probably think I am just rambling and not making sense. But I just wanted to add my IMO.
I think what Tricia and SR do is awesome :thanks:. And I hope we dont make her feel taken advantage of.
So if cashout are equal to the purchase, no big deal. We still get other incentives that are far more greater!

jgates8
10-04-2008, 07:33 PM
I would have no problem going without the discount! Would much rather make sure the program stays in place. And you should not have to do it at a loss!