PDA

View Full Version : Survey issue...Tricia please check...

speechteachri
05-07-2007, 07:14 PM
I started an new thread for this because I wanted to make sure Tricia would see it. I know others mentioned in the other post about the survey site being slow. I keep getting a message when I try to get to the surveys that my cookies are not enabled.

i have checked and rechecked my computer, and I have run 3 cookie tests now which all say my cookies are enabled.

I think there is a problem with the survey link!

sunshinecindy
05-07-2007, 10:22 PM
I just tried to do the surveys and had no problem, other than it kept telling me I didn't qualify. No problem here at all.

speechteachri
05-08-2007, 07:58 AM
Still not working for me!

SunshineGirl
05-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Is it still the cookies enabled issue? Have you tried completely shutting down your system and restarting it? I don't know why that would help, but I think I heard that it helped someone else.

speechteachri
05-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Still have the "Cookies are disabled" page coming up when I click on the survey link....every time. It's really annoying, just at the time when I need to be aearning as much as I can as quickly as I can. I'm really frustrated!

I have checked and re-checked and so has DH. Can't figure it out!

by the way, yes, I have shut the computer down and let it re-boot and it didn't help, but thanks for the suggestion. Gotta be something in my computer, but everything else is fine.....weird!

SunshineGirl
05-09-2007, 09:34 PM
Oh, no! I thought that things were better because I saw a big jump in survey numbers yesterday. Could it be something about the daylight savings issue again? The time on your clock definitely affects the cookies. And that is what broke it for a lot of people last time. It wasn't actually their cookies that was causing the problem but the time stamp their computer was putting on the cookies.

speechteachri
05-09-2007, 10:21 PM
I actually just got around to adjusting the time on my clock to the real time...it was still of before that by an hour. I'll ask dh if that could be causeing a problem, but I am getting credit for other offers I am doing...it is just for that particular page. i thought at first it was something with the link from SR itself. Now since people are getting back into the surveys, I am thinking it is something in my computer that is wacky. Hopefully I can get it figured out. I was hoping to make it to another $50 GC befor our trip!!;)

I wasn't having any trouble with the survey link when the time was off by an hour on my computer...Seems to me the problem started before I adjusted the time though, but maybe....Now you've got me thinking!

SunshineGirl
05-09-2007, 10:40 PM
There are only a couple of things that the time affects--our internal credits (like the one that you should have gotten for your first post on this board as a Super Member) and the daily surveys. They are the only company we had problems with during the daylight savings fiasco.

mom2dea
05-10-2007, 12:08 PM
Ok I am having this same problem . I have cheked everything including time and date on computer and cookies . I was able to do one on the 8th but not yesterday or today .

I just loged in and out of SR several times and finally I was able to do a survey . Don't know why that fixed it but it did atleast for today .
Sarah M

SunshineGirl
05-10-2007, 07:08 PM
In the "good news" category, Greenfield says that they have fixed the link when you do not qualify for a survey to immediately take you back to let you try again. Let me know if you see that it isn't working. I'll try to test it this evening.

jl8595
05-10-2007, 07:48 PM
I don't know if this helps, or is irrelevant. I too was having the "need to enable cookies" problem (which wasn't true). I was using internet explorer as my browser. I logged in using firefox/mozilla and did not get that error message - was finally able to complete the survey. It's definitely still an issue for me when I use internet explorer.

speechteachri
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
Hi Tricia...Just wanted you to know that I changed my time on my computer back to 1 hour behind EST and I am not getting the cookies disabled message anymore. I have not tried a survey, as I have to get to work now, but I will give it a shot later and let you know how it goes. I guess I'll just have to make the "mental adjustment" to the time difference on the computer. That is really weird!

Thanks for looking into it and the suggestion Tricia and others!

Leslie

3dog2kidmom
05-11-2007, 07:52 AM
Hi Tricia...Just wanted you to know that I changed my time on my computer back to 1 hour behind EST and I am not getting the cookies disabled message anymore. I have not tried a survey, as I have to get to work now, but I will give it a shot later and let you know how it goes. I guess I'll just have to make the "mental adjustment" to the time difference on the computer. That is really weird!

Thanks for looking into it and the suggestion Tricia and others!

Leslie

Leslie, it's the same for me. If I change my clock so the time is right I can't get the surveys. It's frustrating for sure, but I just have to remember or I am late to work!

speechteachri
05-11-2007, 06:43 PM
OK, I am officially on track again with the survey thing. And I got into one on the 3rd try, AND it was a short one!!!!!

I just need to remember to record the time as an hour later than what I see at the bottom of the computer screen!!!

speechteachri
05-14-2007, 09:36 PM
You're not going to believe this...

I had to set my computer back an hour so that I was able to take part in the surveys. So today I am sitting at the computer and DH says "what time did you say DD's dr. appt. was?" I say "2:30, we have plenty of time." He says "What are you talking about, it's 2:26 now!"

I totally missed her Dr. appt. because of the time change on my computer just to take part in the surveys!

I called and they rescheduled the appt. and are not charging me, thank goodness because we have a high co-pay, but man, what a hassle, just for the lousy surveys!!!:p

3dog2kidmom
05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
OMG... last week Sunday I was supposed to meet my friend for lunch and shopping. I'm sitting at my laptop Sunshining away and it's like 9:30 (we were meeting at 10:30). Well I was procrastinating getting ready, enjoying the day, and at 9:40 she calls with "where are you?" OOPS... I forgot what time it was really. Fortunately I was not too far and made it to her quickly but how embarrasing!