PDA

View Full Version : Movie Tickets Reward Question

toystoryduo
10-07-2008, 10:46 AM
I see that in the rewards section that movie tickets are an option. How does this work? Do you have to order tickets for a specific movie? Or are they tickets that can be used at any time? Are there restrictions? I was thinking about getting these for my BIL for Christmas, but don't know what kind of movies he is interested in seeing. Thanks!

m 'n c
10-07-2008, 10:57 AM
I believe it is just gift cards to the type of movie theater. Meaning you will probably need to check and see what movie theaters are in your area or the reciepient's area - Cinemark, United Artists, Rave, Regal, AMC, Edwards and then match it to the reward choice.

I have an AMC one in my wallet and reading the back:
Present at Box Office.
Good at any AMC, Lowes, Cineplex Odeon, Magic Johnson, and Star brand theaters excluding Canadian theaters.
Subject to surcharge at Reel D, Imax, & Premium locaitons.
Valid 7 days a week.

I've used a ton of AMC ones since that is what Mike's work gives him and have never had an issue using them at the theater at any point.

Hope that helps some.

toystoryduo
10-07-2008, 12:08 PM
:thanks:

So, in the rewards section when it talks about 2 AMC tickets for $15 credits (for example), what you get is a gift card that can pay for two tickets?

m 'n c
10-07-2008, 12:13 PM
I'll defer to someone who's done it since I haven't actually cashed out for them yet. I just get them as gifts. :)

I am thinking you either get a gift card with $15 on it or you get 2 certificates for movie tickets (no $$ value assigned just "1 ticket" value). I actually have both kinds in my wallet so I know they are offered both ways by AMC.

askomsky
10-07-2008, 12:24 PM
When I won a contest and revceived Regal tickets it was 2 tickets good towards a movie. (SR contest, Cindy sent them to me)

mollyeilis
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Back around December, I cashed out for 2 tickets, either Regal or AMC. What I got was two actual tickets. I got them for hubby, to amuse him while DS and I were away. He didn't use them, so we went to see WallE a couple months ago and used them. You just take them to the door and hand 'em in!

I also see a gift card option for supermembers, but since the tickets are 2 for 15, I know that that is less expensive than even matinee tickets in my area (though we don't have as expensive movie tickets as other areas). So redeeming for the tickets would be a better deal than redeeming for the giftcard, b/c with the giftcard you're paying whatever the going price for tickets is.

I also see the "silver experience" tickets available, and those are: "AMC Silver Experience? Tickets are restricted and exclude Special Engagements. (Special Engagements are noted at the box office and are typically removed after the second weekend of the movie's release)" according to AMC's shopping site.

toystoryduo
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the info!:)

So it sounds like you actually get 2 tickets....Can they be used at any time? Do they have expiration dates on them or restrictions?

Thank you!:)

m 'n c
10-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Thanks for the info!:)

So it sounds like you actually get 2 tickets....Can they be used at any time? Do they have expiration dates on them or restrictions?

Thank you!:)

I have not seen any restrictions or expiration dates on the AMC ones I have received.

toystoryduo
10-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks everyone!:hugs: