PDA

View Full Version : Gift Cards...I swear I've read something about this

Magical JenK
07-26-2007, 04:13 PM
but of course cannot find it right now....

Does anyone know or better yet, can you confirm, that Disney Gift Cards can be kept stacked on top of each other & not demagnetize them?? I know they say to keep your cell phone away from the park ticket/room key and I'd do the same for the gift cards but I was wondering about just keeping them all together?

I found a great holder and, if I can,would love to use it...but only if it isn't going to cause any issues...I'm guessing I can, but just want to make sure before I get there in...ahhemmm.....40 DAYS!!

:cooldance: :mickey: :minnie: :p

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 05:02 PM
well if you can't do that then i'm in trouble! I have mine all stacked together in my disney fund cup. I treat them just like real CC and GCs for other places and I stack those without any problems so I'd think you could stack these. Worse case they have to key in your number.

Hedy
07-26-2007, 05:11 PM
well if you can't do that then i'm in trouble! I have mine all stacked together in my disney fund cup. I treat them just like real CC and GCs for other places and I stack those without any problems so I'd think you could stack these. Worse case they have to key in your number.

http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=734&highlight=demagnetize
Looks like it's hit or miss-more importantly-what is the holder, and can we get SR credit for it?

m 'n c
07-26-2007, 05:16 PM
I think that you would be ok if you didn't put the strips together. I think that is the key to keep other cards from demagnatizing.

jnorth1007
07-26-2007, 05:25 PM
If I get to Disney and they are demagnetized they can still be used by entering the number right??

Magical JenK
07-26-2007, 05:42 PM
http://sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=734&highlight=demagnetize
Looks like it's hit or miss-more importantly-what is the holder, and can we get SR credit for it?

Yes! Thanks this is the thread I knew was out there...apparently I should just keep my searches to one word!! :p

I've been keeping all mine together now, but I've only used them through my TA so that was just w/the # on the back. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I just want to make sure.

As far as the holder, to my knowledge you cannot get credit for it...but maybe it's on ebay...let me look...nope. It's a gift card holder from Chipotle! It's tin, it has a sliding top & it can easily hold a few GCs!! Here I found this photo on the web, it's kinda hard to make out but hopefully you'll get the idea... (hope it's ok to post): http://farm1.static.flickr.com/137/326558101_709dca0c33.jpg?v=0

I think what I'll do is go get a $5 GC & get the holder to use for Disney!!

m 'n c
07-27-2007, 09:09 AM
Someone posted a card holder from walmart or amazon a few weeks ago. Leather I believe for their DD to hold her gcs. It was fairly cheap as well.

You know the easiest answer would be to ask Tricia how she gets her GCs from Disney when they come FedEx. I would assume it would be a huge stack not individually wrapped. I would assume if disney stacked them together then you wouldn't have to worry about demagnatization. (sp??)

SunshineGirl
07-27-2007, 09:12 AM
You know the easiest answer would be to ask Tricia how she gets her GCs from Disney when they come FedEx. I would assume it would be a huge stack not individually wrapped. I would assume if disney stacked them together then you wouldn't have to worry about demagnatization. (sp??)

Good point! Yes, they are BIG stacks of 100 all celophaned together. Then stacks of stacks all wrapped in a white envelope. Then three envelopes all shoved together in a FedEx envelope.

Kycha
07-27-2007, 09:20 AM
Someone posted a card holder from walmart or amazon a few weeks ago. Leather I believe for their DD to hold her gcs. It was fairly cheap as well.

Here is that thread you are referring to:

http://www.sunshinerewardsforum.com/showthread.php?t=1069

The Cheshire Cat
07-27-2007, 10:25 AM
So bottom line then????? Are they safe to stack together? I've been seperating mine (putting disney dollars in between the cards)

LyndaM
07-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Good point! Yes, they are BIG stacks of 100 all celophaned together. Then stacks of stacks all wrapped in a white envelope. Then three envelopes all shoved together in a FedEx envelope.

Darn SunshineGirl! Aren't you ever tempted to runaway with all those GC and get lost in WDW! :rotfl:

linanglab
07-29-2007, 05:07 PM
I had mine stacked for a long time. i kept mine in my POR mug from our previous trip. I collected fo 1 1/2 years. We were there during the week of July 4th. They all worked perfect!

Angela

Hedy
07-29-2007, 05:37 PM

I found several vinyl ones on eBay, even ones featuring Eeyore and Tink via froogle. :tinkerbell: :tinkerbell:
One seller says she makes them...I wonder if Tricia could commission her to make a yellow/SR themed one for prizes.

speechteachri
07-29-2007, 08:23 PM
Well, I din't have any trouble with my giftcards at all, but I do find this thread interesting, as well as the original thread on this. We had some trouble with our key to the world cards during our trip. We went through 5 sets of room keys, because the wouldn't open our room at OKW, and then once we had dd's card come up "voided ticket" at MK. I wonder if they had a problem with demagnetizing???? Interesting.