PDA

View Full Version : Walmart Gift Card ?

arob414
10-10-2008, 12:15 AM
I am planning on using SR credits to purchase some gc for my girls, for Christmas. I was trying to decide between Walmart vs Target. But, then I started wondering...can I use a Walmart gc to purchase a Visa gc? That way, I wouldn't have to pick and they would have more flexibility. TIA

spring
10-10-2008, 07:33 AM
I am planning on using SR credits to purchase some gc for my girls, for Christmas. I was trying to decide between Walmart vs Target. But, then I started wondering...can I use a Walmart gc to purchase a Visa gc? That way, I wouldn't have to pick and they would have more flexibility. TIA

Bumping up. I'd like to know, too.:sunshine:

Sunni
10-10-2008, 07:34 AM
I agree. That is an excellent question.

bajam
10-10-2008, 08:17 AM
I have bought groceries along with a Visa GC at Walmart and was able to use a Walmart GC from SR. I don't know if you could go in and buy just the Visa with the GC. There is a little service fee on the visa's so you would be spending above the amount of the Walmart GC so maybe they would let you do it.

arob414
10-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I have bought groceries along with a Visa GC at Walmart and was able to use a Walmart GC from SR. I don't know if you could go in and buy just the Visa with the GC. There is a little service fee on the visa's so you would be spending above the amount of the Walmart GC so maybe they would let you do it.

I was just thinking that I could do that. I usually grocery shop at Walmart that would work.

So far, I have never spent huge amts of money on my children (at Christmas) because I have shopped clearance, etc all yr long. It has only been the past couple yrs that they have been asking for specific items. Last yr, Anna had a long list of Bratz stuff she wanted. I bought several, including a $50 car (that is sitting under her bed :(). The next month, we went to a flea market and she got nearly $70 worth of Bratz stuff (more on her list) for $20. That sold both girls are waiting until after Christmas. With having already bought laptops and Wii, this summer, I don't think there is anything they need. Originally, I was giving them GameStop gc's but I bought some Wii stuff thru Amazon with gc's I earned using their card, so I am passing on that. I have some other, small items, put aside for Christmas. With using SR credits and not shopping for my sister's family, Christmas is nearly free. Nice feeling, make that great.:clap: