PDA

View Full Version : I think I Blew Disney....

loretta32965
10-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Early this morning I was on SR and heard a noise in the upstairs bathroom. I was in the next room. I peaked around the corner only to see my cat falling out of the 2nd story window, screen and all. :eek: I FLEW downstairs, actually fell down the whole stair case, and she was waiting at the sliding door. She was scared but seemed ok! Is there anything I should watch for? I felt her all over and didn't seem to get a protest. I on the other hand am CRAWLING up and down the stairs. Nothing feels broken but I hurt across my lower back, hip-to-hip and neck hurts when I turn either side. I don't want to go get checked out because I'll be leaving for Disney Sunday morning and you KNOW results can't be good. Can I go to Disney without getting on any rides and still have a good time? I'll be good, I just want to go! Any advise...

m 'n c
10-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Just get a hot/cold pack and alternate between putting heat and putting ice on the areas that hurt. You might just be bruised but the bruises just haven't shown up. Also start popping that ib profin.

spring
10-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Early this morning I was on SR and heard a noise in the upstairs bathroom. I was in the next room. I peaked around the corner only to see my cat falling out of the 2nd story window, screen and all. :eek: I FLEW downstairs, actually fell down the whole stair case, and she was waiting at the sliding door. She was scared but seemed ok! Is there anything I should watch for? I felt her all over and didn't seem to get a protest. I on the other hand am CRAWLING up and down the stairs. Nothing feels broken but I hurt across my lower back, hip-to-hip and neck hurts when I turn either side. I don't want to go get checked out because I'll be leaving for Disney Sunday morning and you KNOW results can't be good. Can I go to Disney without getting on any rides and still have a good time? I'll be good, I just want to go! Any advise...

I am so sorry you got hurt!:hugs: Try to take it easy today (and I mean flat on the couch, no lifting, and avoiding stairs), ice what hurts, take over-the-counter pain relievers, and if you don't feel better in a few hours, seek medical attention. If you have a lot of bruising, you might want to use just tylenol instead of ibuprofen and aspirin products today to keep from having greater bruising, then start them tomorrow or before you go to bed. Make sure you ice your sore areas no longer than 20 minutes at a time, remove the ice for about 20 to 30 minutes, then apply ice again. Continue to alternate ice on and off. I know you must need to get a lot done prior to leaving for Disney, but today is not the day to do it. :hugs:

Make sure you just use ice today. You want to minimize bruising as much as possible.

Magical JenK
10-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Dr Jen says takes some ibupofin for the pain! Chances are you tensed up when you fell (natural reaction), so your muscles are probably going to hurt quite a bit. Keep as active as you can to keep the muscles working...which walking around Disney, you'll do just that!!

loretta32965
10-10-2008, 09:11 AM
We were thinkin the same thoughts at the same time. I think I need more than 2 every 4 hours. About 22 years ago I went snorkeling on a blind date. We were walking on big, green, slimy boulders and I WAS paying attention to where I was going. He replied "walk here". I looked up at him and fell between 2 very large boulders that formed a V on the ground. I blew 2 discs in my lower back. What a nightmare! The water was over my head and the area was very wooded. The medic helicopter had to come to get me out:blush:. I've been fine but every now and then if I do something simple as stepping off a curb the wrong way, I'm down for a few days. I do have arthiritis in my neck from it. I feel like I did that day in my back. Everything else feels like you would on a cold, damp day when you just kinda ache, like from an old injury.

jenvance
10-10-2008, 09:16 AM
You should be fine, just be extra careful. Here's hoping you feel better before you go!

3dog2kidmom
10-10-2008, 09:34 AM
:hugs:

You took quite a spill... I would get myself to a chiropractor right away because your spine will be majorly out of alignment. An adjustment, with ibuprofen, rest, and everything others suggested. And the chiro will tell you some things to do that will help as well. Take if from a professional "fall-down-the-stairs" girl, lol!

So glad kitty is okay, though! Take care of YOU so you can enjoy your trip.

linanglab
10-10-2008, 09:36 AM
I have fallen down the steps before. You will be sore for a few days. Definitely take ibuprofen. I might even take cramp medicine, like Midol...it is a good muscle relaxer. That may help more than ibuprofen.

You should be fine for Disney. You probably will even feel like riding the rides! About the discs in your back though????? That might be a little more serious. But most likely you just pulled some muscles. Good luck!

fourfoxesinpa
10-10-2008, 09:38 AM
We were thinkin the same thoughts at the same time. I think I need more than 2 every 4 hours. About 22 years ago I went snorkeling on a blind date. We were walking on big, green, slimy boulders and I WAS paying attention to where I was going. He replied "walk here". I looked up at him and fell between 2 very large boulders that formed a V on the ground. I blew 2 discs in my lower back. What a nightmare! The water was over my head and the area was very wooded. The medic helicopter had to come to get me out:blush:. I've been fine but every now and then if I do something simple as stepping off a curb the wrong way, I'm down for a few days. I do have arthiritis in my neck from it. I feel like I did that day in my back. Everything else feels like you would on a cold, damp day when you just kinda ache, like from an old injury.

So, did you get a second date? Just kidding...

Sorry you took a spill (and hope kitty's OK). Advice here sounds good - rest, rest, rest with ice and some ibuprofin. I hope you're on the mend real soon!

loretta32965
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
I can feel the Ibuprofin taking the edge off! :banana: I do have alot to do BUT will go be good for a while. Thanks a million for all the suggestions and great wishes! I was more worried about the kitty, who, is now sound asleep in a ball on my bed. She has the right idea.

loretta32965
10-10-2008, 09:47 AM
OMG!!!:rotfl: We dated for a long time but it didn't work. He had a "perfect woman" list and I wasn't even close:D!

~Kathie
10-10-2008, 10:18 AM
Darn cats with nine lives. My cat fell down the laundry shute when she was a kitten. Scared the crap out of both of us......she landed in a pile of dirty clothes and she was fine. She never did THAT again!

Hope you feel better. :hugs:

bbangel
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
My cat once went out a second story window. He liked to jump up on the sill so I always made sure that the window wasn't wide enough for him to get out. My mom was visiting and staying in that room and opened the window wider. That morning when he jumped up, out he went. I didn't even know it had happened until I went down to go to work and he was waiting outside the door when I opened it. Freaked me out but he was fine. Cats are pretty good at falling distances. We on the other hand - not so good.

Hope you feel better soon!

mia214jia
10-10-2008, 12:28 PM
Im sure your kitty is fine :angel:. You on the other hand are gonna HURT fora few days. And probably feel like you were in a wreck. A nice hot bath will probably help! Hope you will get better soon.
~ At least you didnt THROW yourself down the stairs. I did that by NOT stepping down and closing the basement door while I was on the top step WITH BOTH FEET! :rotfl: Yeah, I brought new meaning to the phrase "Way to go Grace!", Meet ya next fall!
Im sure you will be geared up and ready to go when its time to hit WDW.
So have fun and pamper yourself till then~