PDA

View Full Version : Gift Card or Paypal opinions please

schaery
10-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I'm planning on cashing out at the end of Oct. for my Dec. Disney Trip. I really wanted to get a DCG but we've had problems here lately with somebody taking mail, smashing mailboxes, etc. and I'm a little concerned about getting my card. I do have a Paypal acct but it's a Premiers account so I know there will be some sort of fees. Opinions, please??!!

m 'n c
10-10-2008, 12:46 PM
Oh goodness. That mail situation sounds dreadful. Not trying to get off topic but maybe you could look into a PO Box for important mail items. I have had an issue lately with my returned Netflix movies disappearing and never making it to Netflix. I've had to start mailing things from either the post office directly or work but I can't mail them from my apartment.

With that said, I think you can have 2 paypal accounts. Some people have reported they have 2 so maybe you can do a quick search on paypal here in the forums and see what you need to do to open a second "free" one to avoid fees.

Also, do you have a family member relatively close that you could have your card mailed to them without worries?

schaery
10-10-2008, 01:48 PM
Now why didn't I think of that?! (Maybe cuz I seem to have caught someone's stomach virus and not feeling very well today). I can have my gift card sent to my mom's house. A 2nd paypal acct would be okay but there was just something kinda fun about getting the DGC in the mail. Plus I'd really rather carry around the GC than cash. (Just got some sad news...I'm in a fridge swap at Pop for Dec. and the fridge seems to have disappeared today. :( I'm having a lovely day. It should be Fri. the 13th instead of the 10th). Thanks for the suggestion....and I've been enjoying your wedding dress thread.

m 'n c
10-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Glad we got that solved. The GC is a better deal around here if you can find a safe place to send it since you get the discount. Sometimes I do paypal so I have an excuse to order some of the fun DGCs from the disneyland site for my scrapbooks. Either way it always goes to the same place - Disney vacation!