PDA

View Full Version : Little Bit O'Magic Everyday....

Magical JenK
07-27-2007, 09:57 AM
Ok, you know it's happened to you. You're sitting there minding your own business & a woman wearing Disney Crocs walks right past you. You notice & smile. Magic! :mickey: Another example would be, sitting at TGIFridays or Applebees & hanging on the wall is a Mickey print or Disney movie poster. Magic! :mickey: One of my favorites is driving along & then BAM right in front of you is a car with Mickey head antenna topper! Magic! :mickey:

What I thought would be fun to share is not self-inflicted (i.e. going on Dis, booking trip, etc) Disney reminders that you encounter throughout your day! A friend & I share these whenever we get them, I thought I have friends on SR, maybe they'd want to share too??

:hugs:

Mine today was the woman wearing the Disney crocs as I was walking into work this morning! That was fun to see!!

The Cheshire Cat
07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I love it when driving and I see a disney antenna topper on someones car! Makes me smile every single time!!!!!!

cglaura
07-28-2007, 05:37 PM
We were at red light, and an NJT bus pulled up along side, then took off. My dd said "Ahhh, the sweet smell of Disney!". I cracked up, she's right...took me right back to the bus stops at the World!:D

arob414
07-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Disney scrub tops. I work in the nursery and we all wear children themed print tops. Most of us pick Disney tops. One because we like the print and two bcause they are so comfortable. Just bought a new one, yesterday. Dalmations. One of the other nurses had it on and I had to go buy it when I got off work. They also had POTC but even with Jack Sparrow, it just didn't work for me.

lorisnuts
07-28-2007, 05:57 PM
one day a local car dealer was having a big sale. they had balloons everywhere. as we passed by my dd started yelling...look!!! look!!!! a hidden mickey!! right out in the front row of cars were 2 smaller yellow balloons tangled together with to one big red balloon. it made me do this :sunshine2:

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 08:06 PM
Ooh!! I got one..was actually going to create a thread on it (that's why I logged on), but I'll add it here....the new Nora Roberts book, "High Noon." I won't give anything away but you Disney women would enjoy it (and if any of you are single mom's you'll know why I've put it on the shelf of "favorites". :mickey:

arob414
07-28-2007, 08:10 PM
Oh, gosh! I am a single mom who loves everything Disney:mickey: and Nora Roberts is one of my favorite authors. Guess I will have to go get it from Mystery Guild. Need to fulfill my obligation, anyway.

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 08:24 PM
You won't regret it (I got it from one of the bookclubs I joined on here). It was a good book. I started it last night at bed time and couldn't put it down to go to sleep...finished it today.

Weluvdisny
07-29-2007, 12:28 AM
I was weeding my garden the other day and I found a clover where the three leaves were fused together and it looked like a hidden mickey! I pointed it out to my kids and husband and they just rolled their eyes. I so wanted to take a picture of it!!

llgray16
07-29-2007, 10:54 AM
My son's favorite pair of shoes are his lime green Disney crocs. I get a smile on my face eveytime I see him putting them on! (In case you were wondering, the lime green ones were his idea not mine!)

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 11:55 PM
Oh just got my little bit of the day!! Watching Jay Leno & they showed a guy w/a baseball cap on & it had Mickey on it!! Yeah!! See...everyday!! It's great!!

Mom2aPrincess
07-31-2007, 12:02 AM
I got my SR button and my gift cards from the cashout last week....:mickey:

3dog2kidmom
07-31-2007, 07:37 AM
I got my Disney gift cards from last week's cashout, my SR supermember castle button, my AAA package for our January trip, and my free Vista Prints tee shirt. So going to the mailbox for me yesterday was definately a magical moment!!:cooldance:

gshanny
07-31-2007, 11:50 AM
I got my hair cut this week. The cloth thingy they cover you with(what is the name for that, I am drawing a blank) had hidden Mickey's all over it. I almost said something to her, but figured she wouldn't get it.

bbangel
07-31-2007, 12:58 PM
I was at a wedding on Sunday and the music during the reception (while the wedding party was taking their pictures) was Disney love songs!
When the bride came back she asked if I had heard her surprise! So sweet of her and very magical for me.

tink2008
07-31-2007, 02:40 PM
Isnt disney just great! :sunshine:

Kittykat
07-31-2007, 05:03 PM
One of my favorites is driving along & then BAM right in front of you is a car with Mickey head antenna topper!

Our whole family is always on the lookout for Disney antenna toppers...it's almost become a contest among us!

arob414
08-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Headed to Girl Scouts, last night, we turned on to Main Street and DD9 started sing "Main Street, USA".

nurseminnie76
08-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I was in the drive-thru at the bank today and the minivan next to me add a Minnie Mouse antennae topper. :minnie:

Magical JenK
08-02-2007, 10:15 PM
I have two for the day!! 1) I was behind a Buick LaCrosse & the rear lights look like a Mickey head turned on its side!! :0) 2) Got our package documents today!! Woo hoo!!

nurseminnie76
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I got an email from Disney today with a pin code (my first ever). Now I just have to figure out if we can do a trip this fall. Hate to waste a perfectly good discount :rotfl:

Magical JenK
08-02-2007, 11:03 PM
I got an email from Disney today with a pin code (my first ever). Now I just have to figure out if we can do a trip this fall. Hate to waste a perfectly good discount :rotfl:

That's the most magical of all! I hope you can use it!! :cooldance:

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 01:23 AM

I think I got the same one...5 nights/6 days for 362/person (including tickets)? Unfortunately, I know we can't use it....We must work around school schedules....

arob414
08-03-2007, 09:14 AM
I think I got the same one...5 nights/6 days for 362/person (including tickets)? Unfortunately, I know we can't use it....We must work around school schedules....

I was so excited when they started to school, until I realized life would never be mine, again. Before then, we always went off season.

Mom2aPrincess
08-03-2007, 11:07 AM
I was so excited when they started to school, until I realized life would never be mine, again. Before then, we always went off season.

Oh well. I'm a teacher so I was living by this schedule before Cameron started school......

Magical JenK
08-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Woo hoo! I just got the PIN too! I WISH I could do two trips in 3 months, but doubtful! My dream is to go for my bday & my bday IS part of the dates listed!! Hmmmm....

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 02:35 PM
I had a piece of disney magic yesterday (well actually 2 if you count that I got my Disney Candles)...I found a channel on my satellite called "Disney Radio" :mickey: Watch out GAC...now you have competition! :rotfl:

I have DirecTV and it's channel 867 if anyone else might be like me and not have a clue what they are paying for.

bs4free
08-04-2007, 02:38 PM
I had a piece of disney magic yesterday (well actually 2 if you count that I got my Disney Candles)...I found a channel on my satellite called "Disney Radio" :mickey: Watch out GAC...now you have competition! :rotfl:

I have DirecTV and it's channel 867 if anyone else might be like me and not have a clue what they are paying for.

Is this the Radio Disney Station or a Diffent station called Disney Radio? Because i have Radio Disney on my Cable service and i enjoy it from time to time, but if i am missing out on some other station...
:angel:

Mom2aPrincess
08-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Is this the Radio Disney Station or a Diffent station called Disney Radio? Because i have Radio Disney on my Cable service and i enjoy it from time to time, but if i am missing out on some other station...
:angel:

Just a second and I'll go check the exact wording of the channel...it is an XM radio station I remember that...brb

ETA: It's called XM Radio Disney on DirecTV's listing....Wanna compare what's playing and see if it's the same channel?

bs4free
08-04-2007, 03:20 PM
Just a second and I'll go check the exact wording of the channel...it is an XM radio station I remember that...brb

ETA: It's called XM Radio Disney on DirecTV's listing....Wanna compare what's playing and see if it's the same channel?

Mine is Time Warrner Radio Disney, but most likey the same, wish the tv with cable was near this computer, this computer only gets basic 50 channesTV lol, but I can watch 4 channels at once! :rotfl: Just not Radio disney :sad:

SunshineGirl
08-04-2007, 03:23 PM
We were walking through the new house yesterday and looking at the fresh drywall. DD6 pointed up and said "Look! A hidden Mickey!" It was actually an unfinished wall outlet with two little hooks sticking up out of it. But I had to laugh. Yep. Our kids would see a hidden mickey in that!

lorisnuts
08-04-2007, 05:06 PM
I forgot why my daughter likes eating cereal so much until this morning. She was trying to count how many hidden mickeys are in bowl of fruit loops. :rotfl: