PDA

View Full Version : Expedia credits?

nurseminnie76
07-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Anyone have any experience with booking through Expedia. I booked a room Mon night for DH using the link. The actual stay was for Tue night - so it's already been complete. I haven't seen the 0.00 credit hold for the booking come through yet.

Just wandering how long Expedia usually takes to credit.

m 'n c
07-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Well this won't really help you with Expedia but I booked through Mariott and Tricia said they turn stuff in once per month. I think it was faster though because I had credit within 2 weeks of my completed stay.

Mom2aPrincess
07-27-2007, 11:33 PM
On the same ideas going here....I went through Choice Hotels and booked 2 rooms for my mom (in her name w/ her credit card) for August? Will it matter that they aren't for me when/if it goes through? *Crossing my fingers*

jnorth1007
07-28-2007, 12:19 AM
credits are by userid so as long as you made the reservation through your SR account you should be ok

pattip03
07-28-2007, 12:36 AM
I booked thru Expedia on 7/17 using the SR link- still no pending credit.
I have completed my 4 night stay and did submit a trouble ticket tonight. We'll see what happens...
Unfortunately I had to miss the special Disney cashout :( .
I'm hoping for another before October.
It's gonna take a while to get caught up reading all that went on here at SR the last 5 days. I better get busy.;)

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 11:56 AM
credits are by userid so as long as you made the reservation through your SR account you should be ok

Awesome! Now I just hope it works. I found out this morning that she logged back in and changed it from one night to two nights...Not sure if that will mess things up or not, but it would be great to get credit for both night for 2 rooms! :)

SunshineGirl
07-28-2007, 11:59 AM
Awesome! Now I just hope it works. I found out this morning that she logged back in and changed it from one night to two nights...Not sure if that will mess things up or not, but it would be great to get credit for both night for 2 rooms! :)

So that is why yours changed!! I went in and pulled the stats and their number was different than what you had filed the trouble ticket for. I figured that they had made a mistake and would catch it later. Go ahead and file another TT (just a general one) so that I can give you the extra commission.

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 12:03 PM
So that is why yours changed!! I went in and pulled the stats and their number was different than what you had filed the trouble ticket for. I figured that they had made a mistake and would catch it later. Go ahead and file another TT (just a general one) so that I can give you the extra commission.

Another TT? I haven't filed one yet...Our trip isn't until August 15th and I didn't think we'd get credit until after the stay?? Do I still need to file a TT? :confused:

SunshineGirl
07-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Another TT? I haven't filed one yet...Our trip isn't until August 15th and I didn't think we'd get credit until after the stay?? Do I still need to file a TT? :confused:

How odd! I had the exact same thing happen with a different trouble ticket just a few minutes ago!

I'm actually not sure when these credit except that it seems like they are not quick. Maybe it depends on whether you are just putting down a deposit or paying for the full stay? If it can be cancelled, they probably do not pay until you complete the stay.

Sorry for confusing you. :)

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 12:22 PM
How odd! I had the exact same thing happen with a different trouble ticket just a few minutes ago!

I'm actually not sure when these credit except that it seems like they are not quick. Maybe it depends on whether you are just putting down a deposit or paying for the full stay? If it can be cancelled, they probably do not pay until you complete the stay.

Sorry for confusing you. :)

Ok. I feel better now. But glad to know it's showing up for me...My mom books hotels a few times a year...I'm going to have to make her sign up though here every time for me (since she won't take the time to join and be active).

Mom2aPrincess
07-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Tricia, I just went to check out my Account History and I have 2 Zero Credits for Choice Hotels??

#782822 Credit: Choice Hotels order order-54720755 0.00 Credits 07/28/2007 Paid
#782823 Credit: Choice Hotels order order-54714377 0.00 Credits 07/28/2007 Paid

nurseminnie76
07-30-2007, 03:59 PM
Just wanted to update for anyone else curious about Expedia. The actual hotel stay was booked and paid for in full on 7/23. The stay was completed on 7/24 and my credit posted on 7/28.

I think I'm really going to like Expedia credits for raising my SR balance. DH uses Expedia all the time. His secretary books all of his group rate travel, but I told him to start letting me book all of his individual travel for him.

Thanks Sunshine -- it's awesome to get credit for something we would have done anyway. :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Tricia, I just went to check out my Account History and I have 2 Zero Credits for Choice Hotels??

#782822 Credit: Choice Hotels order order-54720755 0.00 Credits 07/28/2007 Paid
#782823 Credit: Choice Hotels order order-54714377 0.00 Credits 07/28/2007 Paid

Are these two reservations that you made for in the future that haven't happened yet?