PDA

View Full Version : Starting Kindergarten

Candi
07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
I saw Janet's post that her oldest is starting kindergarten and I know that wilsonfamilyof4's oldest daughter is too. My oldest is too. She is so excited!! I have mixed feelings. It is so hard to believe she is old enough for kindergarten but I know she will love it! Anyone else have a child going into kindergarten?

zoodoyle
07-27-2007, 03:19 PM
My middle child is starting kindergarten as well - she's sooo excited!! They have a kindergarten camp next week where they go from 9-12 M-F just to meet the teachers and the other students, and get to see their classrooms. I think it's great for the kids! She's really looking forward to it!

Arky
07-27-2007, 03:26 PM
My baby is starting Kindergarten. She's thrilled to pieces, but I'm sad in a way. Plus I feel really old!

It's different for us too, because we homeschool. She loves doing school with her brothers. It will be a challenge for me to teach 3 different kids too.

linanglab
07-27-2007, 03:54 PM
I cried last year when my DD (my last) started kindergarten. It was part-time. Now she goes all day. This is why I need a new "career". I feel like my "job" of being at home mom is over. I indeed get that empty gut feeling knowing that my little ones are not little anymore. I loved being a young at home mom. Now I am just an old at home mom with no kids to care for....

So, enjoy your young ones now, because time sure does go fast!

Angela

Mandi
07-27-2007, 10:58 PM
My oldest is starting kindegarten this year too. :( It's full day kindy here and I'm going to miss not having her around all day. But she couldn't be more excited. Talks about it non stop everyday. She's especially excited about the idea of riding the school bus.

schachteles
07-27-2007, 11:29 PM
My oldest DD Camille will be starting kindergarten in the fall...she is SO excited. We went school shopping the other week. She is THRILLED about riding the bus, but concerned about finding her classroom, it is too cute.

I am nervous for her, worried about her making friends, fitting in and all of that stuff. Oh and that poor teacher that is going to have to put up with her determination and sassiness! MAN OH MAN!!

chipndale
07-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Yes, my oldest dd will be starting Kindergarten this year. We stil have 1/2 day and she is soo thrilled. I agree with others that I feel old. This year I am going to fell like the official family taxi driver. I have to drive dd to kindergarten 5 days a week and ds will start preschool this year. DH wants to know what I am going to do with myself and all the free time that I am going to have. Can you say Relax and have a cup of tea. Then, clean up all the things that I have been wanting to get to and haven't had time since the kids came.

svwkirby
07-28-2007, 09:10 AM
My youngest starts kindergarten this year as well...although he'll still be at home since we're another homeschooling family. For some reason it seems much more difficult as he hits all the milestones since he's the "baby" of the family.

bartleby1
07-28-2007, 09:30 AM
My middle child is entering Kindergarten this year too. We only have half day here but that is plenty for him. He's my "I worry about" child. He's very bright, but he can also be a bit of a scatterbrain at times so I'm worried about him getting off at the wrong bus stop and such. I will certainly miss having him around here all day, although, I think I'm ok with him going. Of course, I say that now but come the first day of school, I'm sure I'll be crying all the way home from the bus stop!

disneynut
07-28-2007, 11:20 AM
My youngest is going to Kindergarten this year also. She went to preschool last year and loved it. I was worried about her because she had never been away from me, but she loved it. She is anxious to go back to kindergarten. While I am sad, I am also very excited. :cooldance: ME TIME.:cooldance: :p

Lisaj68
07-30-2007, 07:26 PM
My baby is going to kindergarten this year, too. Heavy sigh. Ours is also half day.

I had to cut the corn off the cob last night because her two bottom teeth are getting a litle bit loose.

WHO SAID THEY COULD GROW UP, ANYWAY?????????

rygirlsmum
07-30-2007, 07:56 PM
My middle child starts K this year, but she was in the school-based preschool program (for developmental delays) for the past 2 years, so it's not a MAJOR empty feeling for me. She used to have Wednesdays off, though, but not this year. She's THRILLED.

My youngest, who will be 3 in December, may be going through the same preschool program. I know he can't wait - and Ryleigh's former teacher said she'll be making sure he gets in her class.

I have a hard one, though - my oldest starts high school his year - :eek: . THAT makes me feel old! (Of course, I AM!)

I guess I'll have to find a job!

schachteles
07-31-2007, 11:01 AM
My baby is going to kindergarten this year, too. Heavy sigh. Ours is also half day.

I had to cut the corn off the cob last night because her two bottom teeth are getting a litle bit loose.

WHO SAID THEY COULD GROW UP, ANYWAY?????????

It is so sad!!

My DD just lost one of her bottom teeth a week ago, she seems TOO young to be losing teeth already!!

chocovrdmicears
07-31-2007, 12:00 PM
My DD5 is going too. :cry: :cry:
She will be going 4 days a week, 1/2 days.
My DS4 is in special ed and will be gone 4 full days. :cry: :cry:

Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. There is nothing more beautiful than a New England autumn...apple picking, leaves changing, Disney Vacation! But the idea of my little peeps being in school makes me happy for them, (they both LOVE school) but sad for me...i get lonely without them.

tink2008
07-31-2007, 03:12 PM
My youngest is starting Kindergarten in 3 weeks as well. I dont know what I will do with all my spare time. They are starting all day kindergarten this year. This will be my first in all day kind. I guess I will have more time to earn more money! LOL :rotfl: