PDA

View Full Version : Disney Gift Card Cash Out

kimntrent
10-19-2008, 07:16 PM
I cashed out the first part of the month for gift cards for my upcoming trip next week. I know there had been talk about the 16th being the next pay out so that everyone got them in time for their trips and before Tricia left for hers, but with the new news from Disney is that going to be different. I am just curious so I can plan.

OhMari
10-20-2008, 08:03 AM
You are correct. Tricia said she would mail out the cards on the 16th. So hopefully we will see them in the mail this week.

I don't think Disney is changing their policy for us to use our gift cards. Tricia just mentioned that Disney is not giving her a price break for buying the cards in bulk.

m 'n c
10-20-2008, 08:22 AM
I would assume things will be about the same. Tricia will wait to process cashouts in bulk and go to the Disney site to buy and ship them to us. So I don't think we will really see a change from our end. Still plan on the 2-4 weeks for a cashout.

jendon1997
10-20-2008, 12:35 PM
I received mine in the mail today!!

kimntrent
10-20-2008, 01:21 PM
oh good then I will look for mine this week.

faithhope
10-20-2008, 01:38 PM
It would be nice to have a date for Disney cashouts... kinda like they do for paypal... so for those of us close to vacation, we would know if we could squeeze one more gift card in or not...

Since there is no official response to this thread I can only guess that Tricia really doesn't want to post a date each month that she is going to the post office.

Guess I'm obsessing too much about getting as much as I can for our trip.

eaglesdare
10-20-2008, 04:00 PM
well i got 2 of the 3 i cashed out for today in the mail.

so maybe i did not order the last card in time. i thought their was a cut off of the 16th of a month. oh well, this should give me something to look forward to next month.

kimntrent
10-20-2008, 04:30 PM
Two out of three isn't bad. LOL! I changed my address for this cash out. First one at my new address. Will this matter?

SunshineGirl
10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
We can't set a date every month for the cards and Disney Dollars because we are limited by the supply we can get. It's different for Paypal because it's cash. But with gift cards and Disney Dollars, sometimes we cannot get our hands on the denominations that we need on certain dates. So there is a certain ebb and flow with when we can do the cashouts.

toystoryduo
10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
I received my gift card today too! :cooldance: Thanks Tricia!:sunshine2:

OhMari
10-20-2008, 08:29 PM
I got mine today in the mail. :banana:

I am so ready to go on vacation. I have $750 that I earned for this trip from Sunshine. Plus I have another $138 on my Disney VISA rewards. I took my coins in today and it came to $97.99. I couldn't dig up a penny. I plan to put $5.00 in an envelope card for our cleaning person for each day. I still want to sign up for "Keys to the Kingdom Tour".
When I discovered Sunshine, I had a $25 card and a $50 card for our last trip. I am proud to say, I earned $750 in one year.

Thanks Tricia and Sunshine!!!

mollyeilis
10-20-2008, 10:09 PM
Sometimes it's hard living on the west coast when so many of you live on the east and get your mail faster!

On the other hand, I got my shoebuy order today (which also takes longer to arrive for me than for many sunshiners) so that's good. :)

3darlings
10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
Tricia,

I received by Disney GC yesterday - thanks so much. I also ordered Disney Dollars at the same time but they didn't come with the card. Should I be concerned. We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I got them in time. Thanks!

m 'n c
10-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Tricia,

I received by Disney GC yesterday - thanks so much. I also ordered Disney Dollars at the same time but they didn't come with the card. Should I be concerned. We are leaving in 2 1/2 weeks so I wanted to make sure I got them in time. Thanks!

I think Disney Dollars can come from either Tricia or Cindy depending on who has some available to mail. So it isn't unusual that they aren't in the same envelope. I wouldn't worry yet.

mollyeilis
10-22-2008, 03:16 AM
Got my card, thank you! And what a CUTE card it is, too.

This will go towards an AP for Disneyland again, like last year the cards from SR went to upgrade our hoppers to APs for the 3 of us, so again I have SR to thank for much enjoyment of Disneyland!!!!

sunshinecindy
10-22-2008, 06:07 AM
Tricia,

The problem with Disney dollars is our stores having them. They keep very little on hand so we have a rough time getting them. I think that Tricia is trying to get them while she is in Disney this week.

mollyeilis
10-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Make sure Tricia has them look under their cash drawers, if WDW cast members say they don't know where they are. That's where the Disney*land* cashiers have had to look when I've asked for them!

pbhall13
10-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I am still anxiously awaiting my final $75 disney gift card.......I am sure it is in transit.......can't wait to have it in my hands.........

3darlings
10-23-2008, 07:52 AM
The problem with Disney dollars is our stores having them. They keep very little on hand so we have a rough time getting them. I think that Tricia is trying to get them while she is in Disney this week.

Thanks for the info, Cindy. I was just worried since we are leaving in a couple of weeks :banana: Hopefully they will arrive in time. I use them for my kids!

Kim929
10-27-2008, 09:18 PM
For everyone that has already received their Disney gift cards, when did you cash out? I was hoping to have it for our up coming trip 11/3.

SunshineGirl
10-27-2008, 09:24 PM
For everyone that has already received their Disney gift cards, when did you cash out? I was hoping to have it for our up coming trip 11/3.

I'm a little afraid about your cashout. I just went and checked our mailing list and noticed the city listed in your account. :( You might want to edit your account information from the Member Zone. Hopefully the card will find its way to you based on your zip code. Otherwise, it is probably going to end up getting sent back to us.

Kim929
10-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Thank you. Figures thats how my luck has been going lately....lol

pbhall13
10-27-2008, 10:38 PM
I'm a little afraid about your cashout. I just went and checked our mailing list and noticed the city listed in your account. :( You might want to edit your account information from the Member Zone. Hopefully the card will find its way to you based on your zip code. Otherwise, it is probably going to end up getting sent back to us.

Not to be a pest Tricia, but did you notice a problem with my address this time...I did cashout for the last installment of when you were sending out, but still nada...I leave on friday.........if it hasn't been sent and you have it an you just PM the code and I will use it over the phone? sorry to be a nag....I hate being a pest and going thru it this way.

IckyMickey
10-28-2008, 01:28 PM
I cashed out for $25 on the 15th and haven't received anything yet. I was wondering if it got processed with the batch that was done on the 16th?

We leave November 20th so I wanted to make sure I had it by then.

Thanks! :thanks:

fourfoxesinpa
10-28-2008, 02:16 PM
I wasn't planning on being able to cash out for any more gift cards before heading to FL on Black Friday. But, I just ordered two $25 gift cards and I plan on giving them to the kids for some spending money. I always fill their fanny packs with little surprises for the trip and they will be very surprised to see a $25 gift card in their bag. It's harder to come up with ideas now that they are getting older but something tells me they'll be very excited with their gift cards. :thanks: very much SR!!!

But now I have a SAD .16 left in my account :cry: