PDA

View Full Version : Piano Wizard?

OregonGirlie
07-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Has anyone bought from them? The stuff looks pretty cool IMO. A little too flashy-multicolored for me (overstimulating), but it seems like the kids would like it, especially as a Cmas gift.

However the Suzuki parent in me thinks our teacher would have a fit if she knew we bought this, and I worry it might interfere with our suzuki lessons. On the other hand it makes me feel like they get a free play piano time with this that's still learning (while they're in hyper mode), then they'll seperate the crazy piano time from the calm focus piano time. They always want to play on the piano - but if I'm not in the room, it's not allowed to be touched. This program seems like if they're on the pc or tv (depending on which one you get), it's not a few thousand bucks ruined if I go into the next room to fold laundry for 10 minutes. (My 3 year old likes to drive cars and pound on the piano - it's my 5 year old doing lessons).

Which set did you buy, if you did? Do you/your kids already do lessons? I don't take lessons, or play - but I'd love to learn.

3dog2kidmom
07-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Hi Charissa,

My DD8 takes lessons (has been for 5 years) and I took a quick look at this but it's not really our style. If you have your child in lessons I would ask your teacher before investing in it personally. But like you said, it may be good for piano fun time to foster a love of playing. Taylor now will spend a lot of time just playing, playing, playing, but she's beyond the age where I worry about the piano (and it helps that it's an older one that we only paid around $500 for!).

Hope this helps.

sunshinecindy
07-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Actually, this has four steps to it. I'm sure any child already taking lessons would not benefit from the first 2, but with the progression, it eventually teaches you how to read music, they just do it in a fun way. Steps 3 and 4 would probably benefit the advanced learner and make it more fun. This is really designed to do away with the teacher from day one since lessons are so expensive, and make it more fun than your teacher does also, but it does teach them the correct way to play.

SunshineGirl
07-28-2007, 11:09 AM
Mine is due to come in any day now, so I'll let you know. LOL! But my kids are NOT taking any other lessons along with. it. So that might be a difference. Have you tried out the flash game on their site?