PDA

View Full Version : disney

millican
10-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Silly question but, What is the difference between disney dollars and disney gift card?

m4travels
10-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Disney Dollars would be the actual "paper" money bills ($1, 5, 10, 20) with various character images on them while the gift cards would be the credit card style with varying amounts "loaded" on the card.

millican
10-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Can both be used the same way?
Can you purchase park tickets and pay for trips with both?
What would be the advantage of getting one over the other?

Magical JenK
10-30-2008, 11:57 AM
Can both be used the same way?
Can you purchase park tickets and pay for trips with both?
What would be the advantage of getting one over the other?

I'm sure you could use disney dollars to purchase park tickets at the gate, but I don't think you could use them to pay for towards the balance of your trip as they are like cash.

You can use the gift cards towards your balance & use it for payment online through Disney or even if your package is through AAA.

If you use the Disney Dollars in the parks, you'll receive cash back for any difference. If you use the GC in the parks, the difference will remain on the card until it's used in full.

An advantage of getting Disney GC through SR is you can have the GC # emailed to you so you can apply it towards your trip. I believe if your Disney GC is lost in the mail from SR it can be redone...I could be wrong on this though. But I know if your Disney Dollars are lost in the mail, you are SOL.

Hope this helps.

millican
10-30-2008, 06:45 PM
:thanks: That cleared it up a lot.