PDA

View Full Version : Tricia A Question: Work Computers and SR

Anna
07-28-2007, 09:34 PM
A coworker joined SR as my referral. YAY. :) While she will do most of her SR at home, we both work in the same department on opposite shifts. Will it be a violation for either of us to access our SR accounts while at work? Would all of the computers in our department have the same IP Address? We will not be at work at the same time and she brings in her laptop and uses it via a wireless connection. I am so happy she has joined but do not want to violate any rules since we may use the same IP address. :confused:

jnorth1007
07-28-2007, 09:38 PM
you may find issues if you are both accessing it at work to do offers. Your best bet would be to save the offers for doing at home. If you both try to do offers at work and they are on the same network then you will show up as two accounts on one IP address. Accounts can have as many IP addresses as you want but each IP address can have only one account referenced to it. So one or both of you should refrain from doing offers and work. If you have been doing them there already then it needs to be her that waits until she is home to do the offers.

ETA: I changed this post to reflect what Tricia posted later in the thread so no confusion arises. Sorry if some of my information wasn't correct.

SunshineGirl
07-28-2007, 09:39 PM
I've actually already seen problems with you two using the same IP address. LOL! I think she had a hard time registering because of it.

I wouldn't use your computers at work because it does look like you are on the same IP. The end result at a minimum would be that only one of you would get credit for things. At a maximum, the advertisers could actually request that we ban your accounts. ACKKKK!!!

DooDahDay
08-01-2007, 09:38 AM
Can you use the same IP address for paid clicks, surveys and the forum? My daughter and I both got our accounts closed a few weeks ago and all she did was log on at my house to check her balance.

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 10:07 AM
We can't allow ANY duplication at all because they won't pay even for the same clicks if they come through the same IP address.

DooDahDay
08-01-2007, 10:36 AM
That's what I thought. I was confused by a previous post on this thread. One question though. You did mention on the forum (after our banning debacle) that it is OK to log in as long as you don't do any clicks or offers. Am i right about that? Thanks

Anna
08-02-2007, 12:05 AM
I've actually already seen problems with you two using the same IP address. LOL! I think she had a hard time registering because of it.

I wouldn't use your computers at work because it does look like you are on the same IP. The end result at a minimum would be that only one of you would get credit for things. At a maximum, the advertisers could actually request that we ban your accounts. ACKKKK!!!

Hmmm...ok....one more question...she has gotten a laptop now and will be bringing it in to do her schoolwork on. It is wireless. Will it too be like using the same IP address to do SR? I want to make sure I get it straight to tell her correctly.

Yeah, I don't want to cause any problems...especially to get our accounts closed. I would die without SR. LOL:angel:

Also, does this goe for the arcade games? Would it cause a problem if she played the games with the work computer?

Kycha
08-02-2007, 12:12 AM
It is possible they may have the same ip address. I have 3 computers here at home, connected via a wireless router. When I check the ip address on each computer, it is all the same.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Use this website to determine what your ip address is for each computer. If they are different, then I think you are okay.

Anna
08-02-2007, 12:15 AM
:) Thanks Kycha! I will give it to her and she can check when she brings her laptop in.