PDA

View Full Version : Week of July 30th

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Ok everyone...THIS is going to be my week to get back on track right?! I've already journaled my points for breakfast & lunch, so there's no room to sneak in anything!! :rotfl: I'll be heading down to get my water in just a few & tonight I'm already planning on 45 min on the eliptical! I have 6 hours of 24 I still need to watch! Jack needs me back!!

Have a great week everyone!!:sunshine:

Anne
07-30-2007, 09:54 AM
OK...I am jumping in here as I almost fell over when I saw the number on the scale this weekend. I lost 15 pounds last year using the online WW but have gained in all back and then some (gulp).

So here's to getting back on track! :sunshine2:

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
I'm in starting this week, too!! I finally got on the dreaded scale this morning and found that I have gained back 5 pounds from the end of June. Darn Cindy and her cooking and Affiliate Summit and showing our house....

There's always an excuse, isn't there? LOL!

I did about a 2.5 mile jog/walk yesterday and plan on getting in my exercise in earnest now again. And I logged into WW and started entering my points again. I know it's hard to get back on the horse, but I am determined to lose 13 pounds before we go to WDW!

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I think I am going to bite the bullet and do the WW online offer we have and try it out. I haven't ever done WW before but I have tried everything else and Im not really doing anything but exercising right now so I am maintaining but not losing.

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't want to sound like an advertisement, but here is what I really like about WW online:

1) I can eat normal food. There are just some foods that if I can't have them, I feel like I am on a miserable diet and am grumpy. I can use my points in such a way that I can still eat things that I like.

2) It teaches portion control, which to me is one of the biggest factors in continued weight maintenance.

3) It rewards you for exercise. If you are so hungry you think you are going to die and are out of points, go take a walk. When you come back, you will have a couple of points for a snack. It's great motivation for getting in even a little bit of exercise every day.

4) There's a huge support network. Tons of websites with lists of food at different restaurants and how many points they are. Lots of recipes that tell you how many points they are. It's just so much easier when you are a "food" person to be able to find lots of food choices and know exactly what each one is worth.

Kittykat
07-30-2007, 11:53 AM
I know...I know...I want to really push myself to lose at least six more pounds--if not more--by September. I've been so lax lately, eating when I know I shoudn't be eating...eating things I know I shouldn't be eating...

I did sneak in some stationary bike yesterday and one of my YBB DVD's. That helps. :rotfl:

I'm so excited and encouraged with our progress here. I know we'll all do well if we stick together! Good luck, girls!

m 'n c
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks for starting me this week Jen. I had a bad bad bad weekend due to a disaster of a bachlorette party I attended and eating crap at the restaurants I went to (creating my own meals from appetizers or side dishes :( ).

So I think I've retained a bit of salt and water so I'm off to exercise tonight. I'm going to do weights and a good 45 mins of cardio. It will be grilled chicken, salad, and fruit for dinner. I"m having healthy sushi at 11:30 this morning: Cali roll and then a cucumber roll no fried rice or tempura shrimp.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 12:10 PM
OK one more question before I decide to go do this offer and start WW. Do they have premade meals or bars or anything like that at grocery stores that I can buy? I tend to do well with those types of things because I make very healthy suppers but eat crap most of the day because I am too lazy to make healthy breakfasts or lunches.

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 12:21 PM
They have a whole selection in the freezer section (Smart Ones--the red boxes). Lots of good choices and a big range of points (which are printed right on the front of them). I'm also partial to the yogurt (which is only 1 point). Depending on what grocery store you go to, you might find bread, yogurt, smoothies, cereal, etc. all with the points printed right on the front.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
OK then here I go! I am going to start it today, although I had Froot Loops for breakfast LOL

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Thanks for starting me this week Jen. I had a bad bad bad weekend due to a disaster of a bachlorette party I attended and eating crap at the restaurants I went to (creating my own meals from appetizers or side dishes :( ).

So I think I've retained a bit of salt and water so I'm off to exercise tonight. I'm going to do weights and a good 45 mins of cardio. It will be grilled chicken, salad, and fruit for dinner. I"m having healthy sushi at 11:30 this morning: Cali roll and then a cucumber roll no fried rice or tempura shrimp.

Well in 6 min it will be time for your good lunch! I'm having a WW (red box) meal of Chicken Enchiladas Suiza! :heart: that one! YUMM!! Plus, carrots & Baked Cheetos...total for lunch 9 pts. I had my oatmeal this morning & I'm ready for a GREAT week!!

OK one more question before I decide to go do this offer and start WW. Do they have premade meals or bars or anything like that at grocery stores that I can buy? I tend to do well with those types of things because I make very healthy suppers but eat crap most of the day because I am too lazy to make healthy breakfasts or lunches.

Janet-I love the WW plan! On top of everything that Tricia pointed out, I can attest that it works (providing you stay on plan of course:p ). But it really is a great program & eating whatever I want is key to me as well. I do have access to the online stuff because I have the monthly pass, but don't use it like I should. Maybe that will be a goal for me next week???

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Ok new question LOL should I do the 3 months for 65.00 or just try it for one month first???

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Ok new question LOL should I do the 3 months for 65.00 or just try it for one month first???

Hmmm....is it cheaper if you do it that way? It's a good program so I'd say yes, do the 3 motnhs, but if you're not sure...??? Hard to say....Sorry....

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 12:36 PM
Depends. Are you doing it because everyone else is and you are curious or because you REALLY want to make a lifestyle change? If you are curious, I would only do a month. If you really want to make a go of it, I would try 3 months. It always takes me about a month to really start seeing anything happen to my body.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 12:43 PM
Ok I went and did the 3 month. I need something that tells me what to do. That is the type of person I am, a rule follower :rotfl: I do well on flylady because she tells me everyday what to do, this will work well if it sets the rules for me and all I have to do is stay within them. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Congrats on your new way of life (because it's not a diet!!)!! It's great that this section was started!! I have WW RL friends, but sometimes it's just nice to know I'm not alone in this & since SR is where i"m spending a lot of time lately, it's nice to all be in this together!

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 12:53 PM
Ok I went and did the 3 month. I need something that tells me what to do. That is the type of person I am, a rule follower :rotfl: I do well on flylady because she tells me everyday what to do, this will work well if it sets the rules for me and all I have to do is stay within them. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

That's exactly why I do well with it! It's like a tetris kind of thing. I have so many points to work with...what do I need to do to make everything fit? It's very motivational to me.

speechteachri
07-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Went and got weighed in today. down .2 lbs. I like that WW uses the decimals because there would be no loss to record. My goal is to be back to my pre Disney weight by my August weigh in. Unfortunately, I am a stress eater, and I got some really bad news from work today and I am totally stressing, so I will have to try to really watch myself to stay in control

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
Went and got weighed in today. down .2 lbs. I like that WW uses the decimals because there would be no loss to record. My goal is to be back to my pre Disney weight by my August weigh in. Unfortunately, I am a stress eater, and I got some really bad news from work today and I am totally stressing, so I will have to try to really watch myself to stay in control

Congrats on your weight loss! Any loss is better than any gain I say!!

I actually have a WW brand scale at home that goes to the 10th decimal so it's super nice to know I've lost SOMETHING!!

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I moved to the decimal scale recently because my .5 just wasn't cutting it for me. LOL! My biggest challenge is to only weigh in once a week because I can drive myself crazy weighing every day.

Speach (I know your name but don't want to put it out there in case you don't want it out--LOL!)--What can we do to help you get through the stress eating today? I'm the EXACT same way. Sometimes it is just keeping myself occupied through the stress. Spending hours on the phone telling everyone what happened, being online NOT near the kitchen, etc. Can you stay busy today and away from the snacks? Or grab an extra bottle of water? Even a 1 point lollipop that will be something to keep everything else out of your mouth?

speechteachri
07-30-2007, 02:14 PM
I moved to the decimal scale recently because my .5 just wasn't cutting it for me. LOL! My biggest challenge is to only weigh in once a week because I can drive myself crazy weighing every day.

Speach (I know your name but don't want to put it out there in case you don't want it out--LOL!)--What can we do to help you get through the stress eating today? I'm the EXACT same way. Sometimes it is just keeping myself occupied through the stress. Spending hours on the phone telling everyone what happened, being online NOT near the kitchen, etc. Can you stay busy today and away from the snacks? Or grab an extra bottle of water? Even a 1 point lollipop that will be something to keep everything else out of your mouth?

Thanks Tricia...I don't mind if you use my real name...I have. I was actually good for lunch I had a small sandwich and a WW ice cream bar while I watched a TIVO'd episode of What not to wear! I will keep checking in here during the day for support and reminders that I'm not alone here. I'm just really angry, so I am trying to keep busy. I have TONS of housework. The lunch break in front of the tv was my pity party time...now I can get busy for the rest of the day I think! Thanks for the concern!!

(By the way, I was contacted recently by a childhood friend who now lives out of state and I haven't seen for a long time. She saw my picture on my signature and recognized me. Is that cool or what? Weird, but cool! The fact that you were concerned about using my name made me think of that...not sure why.:) )

m 'n c
07-30-2007, 06:05 PM
Janet - you should do like I do. Calculate your points with the point calculator online and then put that number on the food boxes and bags with a permanent marker. I don't have to think when I'm hungry as I already have the points on everything.

Magical JenK
07-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Janet - you should do like I do. Calculate your points with the point calculator online and then put that number on the food boxes and bags with a permanent marker. I don't have to think when I'm hungry as I already have the points on everything.

I do that the as I'm putting groceries away! If I'm feeling really into it, I also break out 2pts worth of items (pretzels, chips, etc) into small snack size bags so I can just grab & go!!

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I've been known to write the numbers on the boxes and bags as well. Especially for things that are different depending on the type (like 0pt pudding versus 1pt pudding). It just makes me less likely to cheat when I feel the binges coming on.

jnorth1007
07-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Ok today is the day for me. I did some research and I can use my Slim Fast shakes as my breakfast meal which is so much easier for me and they are only 3 points. I am heading to the store in a little while to stock up on food items. Any recomendations of must haves while I am there?

m 'n c
07-31-2007, 09:13 AM
Pria/Luna bars are good snacks, sugar free jello, fat free pudding, low fat string cheese, low fat peanut butter, morning star farms food is good (soy based burgers, chicken, etc) in the frozen section.

Mainly stock up on your fruits and veggies. Have you tried out the steam bags for veggies? They have a cheese sauce that is 0 pts. Its in the aisle with the bag and season stuff or mixes to do gravy or other sauces. You just have to pick up your veggies in the produce section (I get the precut broccoli and cauliflower mix and then buy baby carrorts).

jnorth1007
07-31-2007, 09:23 AM
:sunshine: Just put my dinner in my crockpot for tonight. I cant wait for my new crockpot cause this one sucks. I found a recipe on WW for beef stew and I had already bought the stuff for it to make this week so I threw it all in the crockpot and I wont have to worry now. I also looked through my freezer and I have about 15 ready to eat meals from Healthy Choice and Lean Cuisine and they have the points for WW marked on them and they are all pretty low so I can go ahead and use those for my lunches. I just need to read through some recipes and decide what I am going to cook for dinner the next week or so and make a list of stuff to get. Im so excited now. I ate so much at dinner last night that I was sick all night and I got up at 5 this morning so I could get my cleaning done and then get out of the house with DS to the grocery and maybe the park.

Magical JenK
07-31-2007, 09:41 AM
I also like many of the 100 calorie packs of snacks. They usually tend to be 2-3 pts but it's not low fat stuff, it's just smaller servings (like the cheese its)!! I like my apples cut up so I invested in a really good apple corer/cutter thing. It's nice to have. Also if you don't already, get the little snack size baggies, they are the perfect portion control.

Oh & I love my chips!! Baked Cheetos! Baked Doritos! Baked SourCream & Onion! Love them all!

m 'n c
07-31-2007, 10:20 AM
I love baked cheetos. I think they taste better than the regular cheetos. Are you a salad person Janet? Craisins are great on salads and so are spicy sprouts.

jnorth1007
07-31-2007, 09:04 PM
OK it is 8:00 pm on the first day of my new way of life and I have 5 points left LOL. I also need to drink 4 more bottles of water before I go to bed to get that in but hey, Im getting there. I think I am going back to the grocery again tomorrow for some more of the one point snacks. I LOVE the weight watchers yogurts. I had one after lunch and one after dinner. I didnt buy any salty snacks though and that could be an issue eventually. Tomorrow I am going to go back and stock up since I just bought one or two of different things so I could try them out. Hasn't been a bad day and there really isnt a hunger but 4 bottles of water might change that LOL

m 'n c
08-01-2007, 03:14 PM
don't forget sugar free koolaid and crystal light will count as 1/2 your waters for the day Janet.

I had a .2 pound loss this week. I'm glad it wasn't a gain but sad it was only .2. BF said I can't have extraordinary losses every period (its quarter and we are dorky auditors) but I'd like the normal .5-1 pound loss instead.
So I'm officially down 2 pounds in 3 weeks of WW mainly due to my laziness and eating out.

SunshineGirl
08-01-2007, 03:19 PM
One thing that helps me get in some of my fluids is what I am eating. Sounds weirds.

But.....

If I eat as a snack something sweet, I don't want a drink. If I eat something with a little salt or something spicy, I drink a lot more. So if I am behind on my waters (like today), I will eat something like baked tostitos and spicy salsa as a snack. I'll end up drinking two big glasses of crystal light.

I'm grumpy from the carb and sugar shock. It's almost like a PMS thing for me getting used to eating on plan. Once my body gets past not having so much sugar and so many carbs, I'm fine. But that first week can be hell on my family. LOL!

jnorth1007
08-01-2007, 05:12 PM
Im a little grumpy too and I have a horrible headache. I think it is caffiene withdrawal. I laid off of all soft drinks for over a year and in the past 3 weeks I have had fast food and coke at least once a day. I was so sick from eating the other night I couldn't even sleep. My body feels so much better today and I am eating like crazy but I guess since it is good stuff and not nearly taking up my credits then I am ok. Now to get over the DT's from Coke deprivation and I should be A-ok

jacaluho
08-02-2007, 09:44 AM
I forgot to add my weight loss yesterday. I am down 1.9#. Not as much I had hoped, but at least I am down and not up! :)

m 'n c
08-02-2007, 09:51 AM
I forgot to add my weight loss yesterday. I am down 1.9#. Not as much I had hoped, but at least I am down and not up! :)

Congrats!! a 2 pound loss is excellent. I'll trade you my .2 pound loss if you want :p

jacaluho
08-02-2007, 09:53 AM
As sweet as that is for you to offer, I think I will keep it. I have some clothes I still need to get back into! :angel:

Magical JenK
08-05-2007, 12:09 AM
Weighed in today & I was down .4, not the greatest, but I was still happy I lost. I wasn't able to meet my goal of exercising 4 times this week, so that along w/going over my points a couple times probably attributed to not losing more. But again, happy w/the loss regardless of the amount!!