PDA

View Full Version : Just found SR on a Disers TR

bs4free
07-30-2007, 10:07 AM
Just Found SR on a Disers TR and i am glad i did, Rewards in Disney Gift Cards WOW! thats is the coolest thing.

Just wanted to say hi!

I did have a question how long should the fast crediting offers take to credit because I still have over 50 pending from yesterday? I would do them again but that would be doing an offer twice and fraud right? What to do, What to do?

Thank you all for you help.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Ok here are a few pointers. 50 offers in one day is WAY too many. I only do 2-5 a day. If you do so many chances are that many are from the same database and once you do one the others wont credit without clearing out cookies and stuff like that. Fast crediting means that they will credit anywhere from immediately to within a few hours. Most credit on the hour although some are before you even finish. If you have that many pending then hopefully you see that fast isnt the way to make earnings here. It really is about doing things slow and steady. Your best bet is to start on the all offers page and do the freebie offers that are the newest and work your way back. Only do a few a day. If you have done a few and they aren't crediting then clear your cookies and history and try some others. Doing that many in one day can be considered fraud so slow down and cut back on the number of freebies you do in one day. I hope that I have helped some.

bs4free
07-30-2007, 10:24 AM
How do i clear the cookies and history and why would that matter? If each offer is different should i not be able to do each offer however and when every i wanted, as long as i completed them. I also did not read where you could only do so many offers in a day, i do not want to fraud anyone! Its not all about going fast, I do take my time on each and every one i do. Just had nothing to do yesterday and just found SR and got very very excited, but now sad to still see so many of my offers pending. I have never done any type of rewards program like this before, and never filled out ads or surveys or offers before so I should not have been in any database or have every completed the offer. What do i do now that the Faster offers are pending but did not credit with in a few hours!

Thank you all for you help!

bartleby1
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
Welcome!

Janet has already given you some great advice/pointers. The reason behind clearing cookies is because that is how the advertisers track the offers you do. Unfortunately, we are at the advertisers mercy and must play by their rules. If you clear them too quickly after doing an offer, it might not track. But, if you don't clear them often enough, it might not track either.:rotfl:

Your best bet is to clear your cookies and temp files and do ONE small fast credit freebie offer and wait to see if it credits. Sometimes you might have settings or firewalls, etc that prevent offers from tracking. Once you get credit for one offer, try another. No sense in doing a gazillion offers if they aren't tracking correctly.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:36 AM
These freebie offers are really basically you selling your contact information to these advertisers. You are entering your information that they can use to email you or call you and in return you are getting paid a small fee. Many of these offers are all the same advertiser and database. If you are just going through and entering the same information into all of them then you will show up as already in their database and not get credit. These offers pay by tracking cookies on your computer. When you do the offer they place a cookie and then at some point that cookie must be there for them to credit you. If you are going to the same advertisers website to do offers (even though they are different offers) then the first cookie is there already and you won't get credit for any after that. It is a waste of your time. If you go in to do an offer and don't have to input anything past the zip code or email address that is on the first page then the website is recognizing you and you wont be paid. By doing one offer at a time and clearing cookies once it has credited then you are removing the cookie that the offer placed and making it possible to be paid for a second offer from that advertiser. Another issue is that many of these track email addresses also. You may need to set up several email addresses in order for you to use them on different offers and get credit. I know it seems weird but you will catch on. Your best bet is to read as much on these forums as you can and make sure to read all of the administrator notes at the top of each forum. I believe Tricia has a sticky at the top of the offers thread that tells you how best to get credit for the freebie offers. Read that one and then let me know if you have any more questions.

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:38 AM
BTW, I forgot to ask what browser you are using so I can tell you how to clear cookies.

bs4free
07-30-2007, 10:44 AM
BTW, I forgot to ask what browser you are using so I can tell you how to clear cookies.

Flock that is the browser I am using.

SunshineGirl
07-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Strange. I've never heard of that. That might actually be the problem.

But welcome!!

jnorth1007
07-30-2007, 10:53 AM
I have never heard of that browser either. Do you have Internet Explorer set up on your computer? SR is really set up to only use IE. Other browsers can work but night cause problems. When I first started I was using AOL and because of the way they handle Ip addresses had an issue with getting credits after a little while. If you can use IE it would be beneficial. If not perhaps one of the other members knows something about Flock and can help figure out how to clear cookies and history.

bs4free
07-30-2007, 11:30 AM
I have never heard of that browser either. Do you have Internet Explorer set up on your computer? SR is really set up to only use IE. Other browsers can work but night cause problems. When I first started I was using AOL and because of the way they handle Ip addresses had an issue with getting credits after a little while. If you can use IE it would be beneficial. If not perhaps one of the other members knows something about Flock and can help figure out how to clear cookies and history.

Flock is an specialty version of Firefox for social web sites and media.

Yes i have IE, Should i be using that?

I do not have AOL, I have a cable internet connection with a constant ip.

If i start using IE, should or could i go back and do the offers that are pending?

Just so much new, i want to make sure i am following all the rules and doing things right so that i am getting credit for the offers i have done, will do. Thank you for your continued help!

m 'n c
07-30-2007, 11:49 AM
Ahh yes Firefox can be an issue. Definetly switch to IE just for SR and keep with firefox for your other stuff.

Definetly think about downloading the following programs to help clear cookies and files -> spybot search and destroy, ad aware, and ccleaner. They are all safe programs and you can get them from cnet for free. They help remove all the tracking junk these offers will put on your computer. Also run your virus detector once per day. You never know what you might pick up not only from offers but from things you download on your own.

I would clear everything out (ie run the above programs) and then give some of the freebies another day or two as some are going to be manual uploads tricia has to import and can take about 2 days to receive from the advertiser and then I'd start to redo a few at a time. Usually I stick with 5-7 offers a day unless I know they are different advertisers (you'll learn how to start telling) and they are crediting pretty well.

bs4free
07-30-2007, 12:06 PM
Ahh yes Firefox can be an issue. Definetly switch to IE just for SR and keep with firefox for your other stuff.

Definetly think about downloading the following programs to help clear cookies and files -> spybot search and destroy, ad aware, and ccleaner. They are all safe programs and you can get them from cnet for free. They help remove all the tracking junk these offers will put on your computer. Also run your virus detector once per day. You never know what you might pick up not only from offers but from things you download on your own.

I would clear everything out (ie run the above programs) and then give some of the freebies another day or two as some are going to be manual uploads tricia has to import and can take about 2 days to receive from the advertiser and then I'd start to redo a few at a time. Usually I stick with 5-7 offers a day unless I know they are different advertisers (you'll learn how to start telling) and they are crediting pretty well.

Will spybot and the others just trash my IE cookies or will it trash all of my browsers, I have FireFox, Flock and its Windows so IE! I use IE for nothing, well i guess SR now, So i would like to keep my cookies and other saved info in the browsers i use for other sites. Forum and other login cookies are very handy to me!

Just started wit IE going to do a few offers and see if they are crediting or just stay in pending limbo!

m 'n c
07-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Nope if you clear your cookies they will clear everything. There is not a way except manually to clear certain cookies and keep others.

kimntrent
08-01-2007, 12:38 PM
Wait and see what comes through first and then go from there.
________
Aprilia sxv550 (http://www.cyclechaos.com/wiki/Aprilia_SXV550)

bs4free
08-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Nope if you clear your cookies they will clear everything. There is not a way except manually to clear certain cookies and keep others.

Thanks for the info M 'n c, but with CC Cleaner you can select what cookies you never want it to remove, and if you want to clear firefox out or just ie. I love that program now, I can clean IE since i only use it for SR, and Clean out firefox but keep all of my fourms and other places cookies that i want to keep. The save list was very easy to set up as well!