PDA

View Full Version : Banana Bread Recipe?

SunshineGirl
11-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Does anyone happen to have a good Banana Bread recipe that you can put chocolate chips in? Most recipes I use turn out dry. I've got 4 overripe bananas here and want to make some quick banana bread out of them before we leave tomorrow. I found some recipes online, but I'd rather have a "tested" one if anyone has one they really love.

PSL1013
11-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Just a thought...If you don't find a recipe, you can always stick the bananas in the freezer and use them another time.

missangie
11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
Does anyone happen to have a good Banana Bread recipe that you can put chocolate chips in? Most recipes I use turn out dry. I've got 4 overripe bananas here and want to make some quick banana bread out of them before we leave tomorrow. I found some recipes online, but I'd rather have a "tested" one if anyone has one they really love.

1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
3 T. milk
1 stick melted butter
1 c. mashed bananas (3 or so)

Mix all together adding the bananas and melted butter last. Put in loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

This one is our favorite. I've used it for years.

SunshineGirl
11-07-2008, 09:10 AM
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
3 T. milk
1 stick melted butter
1 c. mashed bananas (3 or so)

Mix all together adding the bananas and melted butter last. Put in loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes to an hour.

This one is our favorite. I've used it for years.

Wanna bring me some of your frozen bananas and I'll make a triple batch? LOL!

Magical JenK
11-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Ooh I do, but it's at home. I'll post tonight in for another time in case you make your banana bread today. Mine calls for sour cream but I think that's what keeps it moist. Also, I use the mini choc chips...LOVE doing that! They don't settle to the bottom as easily as the big ones!

YUMM!! I'm so hungry this morning & this didn't help! But dang, now I want some banana bread!! :o

iluvamystery89
11-07-2008, 10:09 AM
here's mine-it's low fat & low-sugar
3 ripe bananas, mashed
3/4 cup splenda
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (i use regular natural applesauce-no added sugar)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 to 1 1/2 cups flour (if you have whole wheat flour, this is even better)

preheat oven to 350 degrees, coat bread pan w/ non-stick spray or line bottom w/ parchment paper.

mix all ingredients until well blended. pour (it's more like glop it into pain, it's pretty thick) into pan and bake one hour, or until a tester (toothpick) inserted in center comes out clean.

it's very good (or so i'm told, i've had gastric bypass surgery and i don't eat it, i just make it) and can be frozen for use later.

mia214jia
11-07-2008, 11:06 AM
I have never been able to use chocolate chips in a bread or cake recipe without them sinking to the bottom and making a mess.

jl8595
11-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Ooh I do, but it's at home. I'll post tonight in for another time in case you make your banana bread today. Mine calls for sour cream but I think that's what keeps it moist.

Same here - mine calls for sour cream and is incredibly moist. This is the one I use:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-Sour-Cream-Bread/Detail.aspx

Although in my experience, as long as I cut the baking time back by 10 mins and do a prick check for done-ness, it never comes out dry. I've always found that banana bread (all tea breads actually) recipes tend to call for longer cooking times than truly necessary...and thus dries them out.

mommytotwo
11-07-2008, 06:58 PM
Banana Bread-

2 Blocks butter
1 C. sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. nuts-(optional)
2 eggs
Raisins-(optional)
8-10 ripe bananas

Mix all of the ingredients together. Put in two greased, and floured loaf pans, and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.

***I make this recipe all of the time, and do not add in the raisins, and nuts, and instead subtitute it with 3/4 a bag of chocolate chips. You can also cut down the recipe, and make one loaf. :sunshine:

SunshineGirl
11-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Angie brought her stuff over and we made three batches today. :)

3dog2kidmom
11-08-2008, 07:11 PM
This doesn't help you now, but I found banana bread mix in a box at Aldi today. Pumpkin too. That's my kind of baking, lol!!

jakeandsophiesmom
11-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Ok, so who wants to make this and send it to me?:rotfl: I love me some Banana Nut Bread!!

Shelly--I think I need to go to Aldi too! Pumpkin bread? Yum!!

3dog2kidmom
11-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok, so who wants to make this and send it to me?:rotfl: I love me some Banana Nut Bread!!

Shelly--I think I need to go to Aldi too! Pumpkin bread? Yum!!

I was hoping the same thing, Liz!! MIL sent home chocolate chip cookies today. So much for the diet this week :(

jakeandsophiesmom
11-08-2008, 09:33 PM
I was hoping the same thing, Liz!! MIL sent home chocolate chip cookies today. So much for the diet this week :(

In my book, if they are made by someone else, they don't count toward any diet!! :)

Magical JenK
11-09-2008, 12:08 AM
Ok, I know it's too late for Tricia, but here's my favorite banana bread recipe:

1 c sugar
1/2 c butter
2 eggs
2 c flour
1/4 t salt
1 t baking soda
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 c)
1/2 c sour cream
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 c mini choc chips

Cream together sugar & butter. Beat in eggs. Mis in sifted dry ingredients. Then beat in bananas, sour cream & vanilla. And chips. Place in greased & floured pan. Let it set 10 min. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min or until done. Makes 1 loaf.