PDA

View Full Version : Gmail Quick Question

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 09:54 AM
I am trying to get back into the swing of things on SR.

When I "left," I was using the old "g-mail dot method" to do offers.

Is that method still viable or has it been "outlawed?"

I did a few offers on another reward site, and the Admin. wrote me a note saying that the dot method was not allowed anymore.

I don't want to do this method if it's not allowed....I've done about 15 offers so far (over a couple of days), and only 4 or 5 have credited....

Thanks guys!

spring
11-09-2008, 10:15 AM

I did a few offers on another reward site, and the Admin. wrote me a note saying that the dot method was not allowed anymore.

I don't want to do this method if it's not allowed....I've done about 15 offers so far (over a couple of days), and only 4 or 5 have credited....

Thanks guys!

Haven't heard anything about not allowing this, and I read the forums everyday. Welcome back!:sunshine:

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Thank you. I don't really do much on that other site--it is a 3rd site someone told me to try.

The post was to the general membership, and she was pretty firm about it; thus, I wondered if it was for all reward sites.

Guess...I'll keep carrying on then!

Thanks for the welcome back! Good to be back!

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Well, I just got an e-mail from that other reward site.

She said it now applies to ALL REWARD SITES and that her notice came directly from the advertisers.

So.....I guess I'll keep doing it until Tricia ell me to stop....

Love2Shop
11-09-2008, 11:01 AM

Thanks guys!

Thanks

askomsky
11-09-2008, 12:27 PM
No one has said anything on here about that yet. Tricia is out of town (I think, I know Cindy is) so we should hopefully hear one way or the other when she gets on.

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Just so you guys know....I e-mailed a trouble ticket to Tricia so she could see what was said to me.

I was e-mailed the specific wording some advertisers are sending as a warning to GPT sites.....

It basically said that you should not use robobot (is that the correct name) and you should not use the dot method @ Gmail because if you have that many e-mail addresses, there is no way they could be legit.

Go figure....

I was told I needed to create a new Yahoo e-mail account FOR EVERY ADVERTISER. Meaning one for MID offers, one for SE offers, one for HFTM offers, etc.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me...but I don't want SR or any people using Gmail to be penalized if the advertisers are going to start auditing the GPT sites.

askomsky
11-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Just so you guys know....I e-mailed a trouble ticket to Tricia so she could see what was said to me.

I was e-mailed the specific wording some advertisers are sending as a warning to GPT sites.....

It basically said that you should not use robobot (is that the correct name) and you should not use the dot method @ Gmail because if you have that many e-mail addresses, there is no way they could be legit.

Go figure....

I was told I needed to create a new Yahoo e-mail account FOR EVERY ADVERTISER. Meaning one for MID offers, one for SE offers, one for HFTM offers, etc.

Seems like a lot of extra work to me...but I don't want SR or any people using Gmail to be penalized if the advertisers are going to start auditing the GPT sites.

Good idea on the TT route.

My thought though is a new account for every advertiser is crazy. Some times we're not sure which one it goes through until we start INTO the actual offer. MID's are probably the exception.

dcanoli1
11-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Here is what I was told about the gmail rule:

Here's a portion of what I received from one affiliate-

1) Do NOT promote using the dot method, do not encourage use of tons
of gmail addresses. No one can possibly use tons of email addresses
legitimately.

2) Do not encourage use of Roboform. Autofill is what foreign hackers
use to mass abuse US offers, and advertisers are not going to treat
you any differently if they see it happening.

and

...just to CORRECT my earlier post (which I completely misunderstood)...here is a suggested way to do offers if advertisers start banning the gmail method:

You do not need a new email for every brand of survey. You can only use each email once per brand. Meaning-If you have the email 123abc@yahoo.com, you could do 1 of every offer brand on that email.
So you could do 1 MID, 1 SE, 1 GG, 1 IRC, 1 ECN, etc on that email address.

After that you would need a new email address to do another set of 1 of each brand.

So, it still looks like you would need several e-mail addresses to do offers over time.

I am sorry for the confusion, but I hope this clarify things! :sunshine:

bartleby1
11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Interesting. I'd love to know the answer to this as well! Let us know what you find out!

askomsky
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
I DO know that Tricia and SR has said many times NOT to use the autofill or what their calling the Roboform for offers. The advertisers do not like it and it will get us, them, everyone in trouble.

jnorth1007
11-09-2008, 09:55 PM
Until Tricia gives an official stand on this I would say continue with what you have always done. I personally don't use a lot of different addresses anymore as you only need this if you are doing a lot of offers in a short period or you are doing offers over several sites. I have been keeping gmail addresses for months and the offers are crediting but I don't do 15 offers in one week. This is honestly what I find more likely to trigger an audit or revoked credits than using more than one address. It very well may be that the advertisers will be cutting down on using the dot method. I just wanted to give my opinion that not using it hasn't hurt my ability to earn. It will only hurt those who are doing a lot of offers in a short period of time or are doing offers across sites. These are the people the advertisers are wanting to crack down on anyway. I am sure Tricia will give her official stance once she gets word from the advertiser or confirms the information.

askomsky
11-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Until Tricia gives an official stand on this I would say continue with what you have always done. I personally don't use a lot of different addresses anymore as you only need this if you are doing a lot of offers in a short period or you are doing offers over several sites. I have been keeping gmail addresses for months and the offers are crediting but I don't do 15 offers in one week. This is honestly what I find more likely to trigger an audit or revoked credits than using more than one address. It very well may be that the advertisers will be cutting down on using the dot method. I just wanted to give my opinion that not using it hasn't hurt my ability to earn. It will only hurt those who are doing a lot of offers in a short period of time or are doing offers across sites. These are the people the advertisers are wanting to crack down on anyway. I am sure Tricia will give her official stance once she gets word from the advertiser or confirms the information.

I agree and meant to add to the first post in this thread that, trying to do that many offers in a short amount of time may be a reason as to why it's not crediting. The only time I do a bunch of offers in a short amount of time is when crazy credits is going on.

SunshineGirl
11-09-2008, 10:32 PM
I don't know what other site owners say because I don't belong to any other sites. And we're not a GPT, we're a rewards site. So our advertisers tend to treat us pretty well because we are known for having high quality. I've never heard anything about gmail addresses or any other host. All I know is what we have in our rules. Only sign up for things that you are genuinely intersted in. Don't use any fake information when you sign up. If I hear anything otherwise, I will definitely let everyone know.